Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Reload this Page [Tool] Swampert Tools Showcase

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old October 12th, 2008 (04:13 PM).

Hey, I was just wondering if there was a program exactly like StartEd GSC
except for the yellow version?
Old October 13th, 2008 (05:25 PM).
Is not really active.

Nature: Jolly
These tools are great! Keep it up!
Old October 13th, 2008 (09:24 PM).
Banned

Wow, you made a lot of tools. you must be really good at this. Thanks for letting me dl a tool
Old October 14th, 2008 (05:14 AM).
Is making tools for you...
Silver Tier

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by thegamenerd:
hey swampert22 do you plan on making a feature for the DPP pokemon editor that alows you to edit the Platinum exclusive forms stats.
Well, I already have in the Deoxys and Wormadam stat forms, I did do some searching but couldn't find the data for the other forms Shaymin, Rotom, Giratina etc. They seem to be located some distance away from the rest of the data. This leads me to believe that there is maybe a lot of free spaces for Pokémon inbetween...

Anyway, If I do figure anything out, then I'll add the data in

Quote originally posted by EddieBhoy:
Hey, I was just wondering if there was a program exactly like StartEd GSC
except for the yellow version?
Well seeing as it is based around Pikachu, and that being the only starter, the data would be hard to find. I'll see if I can locate it and probably make a RBYG starter editor. How does that sound?

Quote originally posted by Fluffy Clouds:
These tools are great! Keep it up!
Thanks man, and I will keep it up for as long as I have ideas and the drive to make them...

Quote originally posted by Salamol_Goldfish:
Wow, you made a lot of tools. you must be really good at this. Thanks for letting me dl a tool
Yup, I've been rolling off tools for a while now! You're more than welcome to download as many as you want

I've made some tools for Pokémon hacking! Please check out the thread... Swampert Tools Showcase

Head over to my thread to check out my latest tool, Pokémon Red/Blue Trainer Editor!

Visit my site for Pokémon ROM Hacking tools! Swampert Tools Homepage
Old October 14th, 2008 (11:48 AM).

Well seeing as it is based around Pikachu, and that being the only starter, the data would be hard to find. I'll see if I can locate it and probably make a RBYG starter editor. How does that sound?

that sounds great , your tools are fantastic and really appreciated
Old October 14th, 2008 (12:12 PM).

Quote originally posted by swampert22:
I had the pointer, but I can't seem to find it. If you ask Black Phantom, I'm sure he'd be happy to give it to you, if he's still got it somewhere.
Old October 14th, 2008 (05:16 PM).
J946@5488AA97464

The ASM for the R/B starter choices begins somewhere around (after) 01D157. Dunno the exact location where you can change the Pokemon. The text he says is based on the value read from $CF13 ($01 for Bulba, $02 for Charmander, $03 for Squirtle).

If you want me, please contact me by email. [email protected]

If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

Pokémon Red disassembly project

Rules that should be rethought: 25charlimit, bumping.
Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.
Old October 14th, 2008 (06:27 PM).
... Far From Perfect.
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Awesome tools :]

Thanks for giving me permission to include them into PokeBase :D

Old October 14th, 2008 (09:40 PM).

Quote originally posted by IIMarckus:
Dunno the exact location where you can change the Pokemon.
The RB Starters are at 1D10E, 1D11F, and 1D130. I had to find them a little while ago.
Old October 15th, 2008 (12:57 AM).
Banned

Quote originally posted by thethethethe:
I had the pointer, but I can't seem to find it. If you ask Black Phantom, I'm sure he'd be happy to give it to you, if he's still got it somewhere.
Found it! The original tutorial by Vida Translations:

Quote:
For Pikachu,
The address which will change it is 1CB41 which represents Pikachu and 1CB66 which stores up Pikachu's data.

I am sorry that the battle screen where OAK captures Pikachu is not found out yet.

In 1CB41, you will see the value "54" which represents Pikachu as you can see in the downloaded list. Alright, you can juz change that value to some other Pokemon you want using its Hex values. BUT after you changed it, the Pokemon WILL NOT follow you anymore.

For Eevee,
The address which will change it is at 3A289 which represents Eevee's Level which is "05". You can simply change its level to say LVL3 by replacing it to "03". The other address is 3A28A which represents Eevee.

In 3A28A, you will see the value "66" which represents Eevee. Therefore, juz change it the same way as you change for Pikachu. After that, you are done!
Old October 15th, 2008 (05:09 AM).
Silver Tier

Thanks everyone for your help! You will all be credited with your information

I shall get started on the program as soon as possible, which will probably be friday, as I have a very busy schedule at the moment. Positions of responsibility that I won't bore you with:D

I've made some tools for Pokémon hacking! Please check out the thread... Swampert Tools Showcase

Head over to my thread to check out my latest tool, Pokémon Red/Blue Trainer Editor!

Old October 20th, 2008 (12:26 PM). Edited October 26th, 2008 by Swampert 22.
Silver Tier

First off, Mods, sorry for the double-post, please forgive me! :D

I made the starter editor for Red/Blue/Yellow/Green as was suggested, and it does what you would expect quite frankly. Apart from the fact that you cannot change the level at which you recieve your starter. Maybe it's ASM, I don't know... If anybody does know where it can be located in any of the ROMs, then please let me know!

Download PokéStarter GB here, or in the main post.

Please let me know of any bugs, glitches in game blah, blah, blah... Plus, tell me if you like it!

swampert22

Old October 20th, 2008 (01:56 PM).

works a complete treat, I've always wandered what it would be like starting yellow with the hero and rivals starters being switched...

and I still beat him with the Eevee

thanks
Old October 21st, 2008 (12:19 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by EddieBhoy:
works a complete treat, I've always wondered what it would be like starting yellow with the hero and rivals starters being switched...

and I still beat him with the Eevee

thanks
Your welcome!

On a side note, I fixed a little bug with PokéStarter GB, if you selected 'Default Selection' when a Yellow ROM was loaded then it would give the defaults for Red/Blue/Green version. It is now fixed! I updated the link...

Old October 21st, 2008 (12:29 AM).
Banned

Hey, great new tool swampert22!

I'll be using it for my hack!
Old October 21st, 2008 (01:03 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Black_Phantom:
Hey, great new tool swampert22!

I'll be using it for my hack!
Cheers mate, I credited you in the program as you may have seen

I hope it will be useful to you!

Old October 21st, 2008 (08:17 AM).

your tools are so frick'nly awesome! me wants more!
are you maybe planning on a trainer editor for D/P? or maybe gym/Efour editor for D/P?
if so, thanks alot and keep up the good work!
Old October 21st, 2008 (08:25 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by mystery dragon fang:
your tools are so frick'nly awesome! me wants more!
are you maybe planning on a trainer editor for D/P? or maybe gym/Efour editor for D/P?
if so, thanks alot and keep up the good work!
Cheers man! I'm glad you like my tools...:D

I think Gabe_C, formerly Sebbe made a Gym/Elite4 Editor for D/P, the link should be on this forum, or alternatively, you can just go to my website www.swamperttools.co.nr and download it from the downloads section.

PokéSpam have made a trainer editor too, so there is not a lot of point me making one too, as it would be more than likely pretty much the same...

Old October 23rd, 2008 (09:30 AM). Edited October 29th, 2008 by Swampert 22.
Silver Tier

I have created something a little different from the usual, in that it is not a Pokémon hacking tool. It is actually for the games Keitai Denjuu Telefang Speed and Power version. You may know them as the horribly translated bootleg game, 'Pokémon Diamond'.

Anyway, this tool edits the base stats of all the Denjuu, which are the Electric Monsters.

Download it in the main post if you want to screw around with the game a little:D

Enjoy!

Old October 23rd, 2008 (09:50 AM).
Banned

Hahaha, that's cool, I wish there was a decent translation for those two games, maybe I'd be able to understand what I was doing better!
Old October 23rd, 2008 (09:55 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Black_Phantom:
Hahaha, that's cool, I wish there was a decent translation for those two games, maybe I'd be able to understand what I was doing better!
Haha thanks man, some people are working on a better non-Engrish translation on the Telefang Forum. I hope it gets finished, because I think it's a very good game

Old October 23rd, 2008 (10:01 AM).
Banned

Nice! I've bookmarked it, I'm going to have a look around there tomorrow after I get some sleep hahaha.
Old October 23rd, 2008 (11:33 AM).

I have created something a little different from the usual, in that it is not a Pokémon hacking tool. It is actually for the games Keitai Denjuu Telefang Speed and Power version. You may know them as the horribly translated bootleg game, 'Pokémon Diamond'.

Anyway, this tool edits the base stats of all the Denjuu, which are the Electric Monsters.

Download it if you want to screw around with the game a little:D

Enjoy!

Lol, I thought about hacking that game a while ago, never got around to it, but good job on the program :D
Old October 24th, 2008 (06:24 AM). Edited October 29th, 2008 by Swampert 22.
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by E-Bag:
Lol, I thought about hacking that game a while ago, never got around to it, but good job on the program :D
Thanks

If you saw how easy the data is layed out, then you would have made it to.
(Go have a look on DataCrystal if you want)
Basically, I just modified PokéEdit DS, to read the data from the Telefang ROMs, removed and changed a few combo boxes and it was done :D

EDIT:

I have updated several bugs in Denjuu Editor SP that were brought to my attention. Aswell, now you can also view the Denjuu names in English, Bootleg or Romaji, depending on how you know the names of the Denjuu. Quite useful I think!

swampert22

Old October 26th, 2008 (07:18 PM).
J946@5488AA97464

Apart from the fact that you cannot change the level at which you recieve your starter. Maybe it's ASM, I don't know...
Byte is at 0x01D203. It is part of an ASM routine, and affects the level of all three starters; no way to change this without rewriting the ASM.

If you want me, please contact me by email. [email protected]

If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

Pokémon Red disassembly project

Rules that should be rethought: 25charlimit, bumping.
Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links