The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Toolbox

Notices

Toolbox Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 27th, 2008, 01:31 AM
Swampert 22
Is making tools for you...

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIMarckus View Post
Byte is at 0x01D203. It is part of an ASM routine, and affects the level of all three starters; no way to change this without rewriting the ASM.
That's awesome info mate, thanks for it! I shall add that into the game as soon as possible. Obviously this is only for Red/Blue, do have any info on the location of the starter's level in yellow version?

Thanks,

swampert22

I've made some tools for Pokémon hacking! Please check out the thread... Swampert Tools Showcase

Head over to my thread to check out my latest tool, Pokémon Red/Blue Trainer Editor!

Visit my site for Pokémon ROM Hacking tools! Swampert Tools Homepage
Old October 27th, 2008, 02:33 AM
thethethethe
Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampert22 View Post
That's awesome info mate, thanks for it! I shall add that into the game as soon as possible. Obviously this is only for Red/Blue, do have any info on the location of the starter's level in yellow version?

Thanks,

swampert22
Into the game as soon as possible? :P
Well since that's been given I can easily find the starter level in yellow. Just look for a similiar ASM code as to what was given by IIMarkus. 1CB61 is the Yellow offset.
Old October 27th, 2008, 02:57 AM
Swampert 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethethethe View Post
Into the game as soon as possible?
Well since that's been given I can easily find the starter level in yellow. Just look for a similiar ASM code as to what was given by IIMarkus. 1CB61 is the Yellow offset.
Haha well, I meant program:D Yep good idea, I shall just look at the code and see if I can find it!

EDIT: I have been updating my Denjuu Editor again! Now you can edit the pallete of each Denjuu with a very easy to use colour picker. Here is an example of the pallete editing in game.

I've made some tools for Pokémon hacking! Please check out the thread... Swampert Tools Showcase

Head over to my thread to check out my latest tool, Pokémon Red/Blue Trainer Editor!

Last edited by Swampert 22; October 29th, 2008 at 06:43 AM.
Old October 27th, 2008, 04:46 PM
PrimalMario
Wild Chuck Norris Appeared!

Hey the tools you made they are awesome and very useful
Old October 29th, 2008, 06:41 AM
Swampert 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimalMario View Post
Hey the tools you made they are awesome and very useful
Thanks PrimalMario! (cool name by the way):D

I have yet again updated the Denjuu Editor SP, this time to incorporate new discoveries made by Blaziken257, over at the Telefang Hacking Forum. The update allows you to edit the Reform/Test evolutions of each Denjuu, which could prove quite useful!

The update can be downloaded here!

swampert22

Last edited by Swampert 22; October 30th, 2008 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Updated Denjuu Editor SP!
Old October 30th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Hacker01
I'm a hacking ma ROMZ!!!

Haha I remember that Pokémon Diamond game, I played it years ago. It was really random... Anyway, it's cool that you made a program for it. It must be good that you can make tools for games other than Pokémon...
Old October 30th, 2008, 06:47 AM
Swampert 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker01 View Post
Haha I remember that Pokémon Diamond game, I played it years ago. It was really random... Anyway, it's cool that you made a program for it. It must be good that you can make tools for games other than Pokémon...
Yeah, pretty crazy game, but I appreciate it for what it is:D

I have another tool that I made this morning, a Palette Editor for Gameboy and Gameboy Colour ROMs. Up until now, this would all have to be done in a Hex Editor, but with this tool, editing the palettes is easier!

That's the tool, and it features a RGB colour picker, so making alterations is easy. Most palettes in GB are only 4 colours, hence there being only 4 colour boxes. However, even if you're editing one with more, hit the ">" button to view the next 4 colours and so on.

This is an example of what I did with the program. I hope that it will be useful to any old school hackers out there. If you find any bugs or glitches please let me know.

Download PaletteEd GB

To find the palette you want to edit, especially for Pokémon, most of the offsets are on DataCrystal, so look there.

That's all for now,

swampert22

Old October 30th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Melash
Back for now.

Nature: Relaxed
Nice, that can help when I start to rework on my Red hack! Anyway, do you have a link to DataCrystal? I don't remember where it is...
Old October 30th, 2008, 08:30 PM
IIMarckus
J946@5488AA97464

Originally Posted by Melash View Post
Anyway, do you have a link to DataCrystal? I don't remember where it is...
this is a link datacrystal

If you want me, please contact me by email. [email protected]

If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

Pokémon Red disassembly project

Rules that should be rethought: 25charlimit, bumping.
Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.
Old November 1st, 2008, 10:36 AM
Pingouin_7
This account is now inactive

Nature: Hardy
Hey dude, would it be possible to make an hacking tool that allows the edit of the Pokémon evolutions?

I need one to make the Pokémon that evolves via link cable able to evolve by level up.
Old November 2nd, 2008, 02:25 AM
Swampert 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingouin_7 View Post
Hey dude, would it be possible to make an hacking tool that allows the edit of the Pokémon evolutions?

I need one to make the Pokémon that evolves via link cable able to evolve by level up.
Well, which game is it for? I am sure that there are lots of programs that can edit evolutions...

Old November 2nd, 2008, 07:04 AM
Pingouin_7

Oh, sorry.

It's for Crystal, I've searched all day long yesterday looking for a tool that edits the evolutions...

I've only found tools that edits the evolutions... In Advance generation.

Or maybe you could tell me where I can find one that works with Crystal?
Old November 2nd, 2008, 09:41 AM
Swampert 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingouin_7 View Post
Oh, sorry.

It's for Crystal, I've searched all day long yesterday looking for a tool that edits the evolutions...

I've only found tools that edits the evolutions... In Advance generation.

Or maybe you could tell me where I can find one that works with Crystal?
Oh I see. I thought yomama made one... Well, I guess I could research the data and try to make a program. I doubt it would be that hard

Old November 2nd, 2008, 03:03 PM
Pingouin_7

Thanks for helping me.

Oh, and do you know how to edit the credits at the end so I could put: "Special thanks: Swampert22, W.A.H. (Studiopokemon), etc..."?
Old November 2nd, 2008, 03:48 PM
IIMarckus
J946@5488AA97464

@Swampert: I believe (haven’t looked at it in a while) that the evolution data is intermingled with move data, specifically what level a monster learns a move. Presuming that your current tools merely edit bytes without moving anything around, I would recommend going the whole way and writing a tool that a) edits both moves and evolutions and b) automatically, or by prompt, repoints data so that you can dynamically change the number of moves and evolutions per Pokémon.

If you want me, please contact me by email. [email protected]

If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

Pokémon Red disassembly project

Rules that should be rethought: 25charlimit, bumping.
Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 12:49 AM
Swampert 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIMarckus View Post
@Swampert: I believe (haven’t looked at it in a while) that the evolution data is intermingled with move data, specifically what level a monster learns a move. Presuming that your current tools merely edit bytes without moving anything around, I would recommend going the whole way and writing a tool that a) edits both moves and evolutions and b) automatically, or by prompt, repoints data so that you can dynamically change the number of moves and evolutions per Pokémon.
Thanks IIMarckus, I had already looked into the information using Giege's albeit quite out of date document. It takes a bit of understanding, as I am sure you know. Would you happen to have any more detailed information on the subject from one of your sources?

Old November 3rd, 2008, 04:31 AM
Pingouin_7

Take your time, I prefer having a program with less glitches than a program with a dozen of glitches in it.
Old November 7th, 2008, 09:43 PM
super arrow
Beginning Trainer

Swampert your tools are the best!
and thanks for posting back.
can you tell me what my game needs please i really need help with more support i can finish quicker just anyone post ANYTHING i would praise them please

Last edited by super arrow; November 7th, 2008 at 10:02 PM.
Old November 8th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Melash
Back for now.

Hey, Swampert, I think you should make a PalleteEd GBC. After all, you did make a palleted GB!
Old November 8th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Blaziken257
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Timid
Hmmm... haven't I seen one of these tools before? On another site? Ha ha ha...

I actually need to try some of the Pokémon tools sometime though...
Old November 9th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Swampert 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melash View Post
Hey, Swampert, I think you should make a PalleteEd GBC. After all, you did make a palleted GB!
Well, the tool will work fine for GBC ROMs, just put in the offset and the colours will be there, I tryed it! Obviously if you have a palette of 4+ colurs not all will be displayed, so just press the ">" button to get the rest. Simple. Try it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaziken257 View Post
Hmmm... haven't I seen one of these tools before? On another site? Ha ha ha...

I actually need to try some of the Pokémon tools sometime though...
Nice to see you have regestered here pal! By all means download some of these tools and give 'em a go. I am sure there are loads of bugs for you to find

Old November 10th, 2008, 12:40 PM
ℜªℳ
RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|

Hey awesome! GBC pallet editing. Simple question though, will it work on my english crystal since it obviously says it can edit GBC palletts? Also, you said you redesgned your gsc TM editor, is it possible for it to rename and edit the pictured for different TMs with this tool?

Love the genjju editor! Haven't played genjju in years. Will get it again and hack it with your SP tool too!

Still spriting behind the curtains. I've tried splicing, I've tried scratching, I've tried pixel overs, I've tried revamps and am 90%+ awesome at it. Now its time for the devamps

Last edited by ℜªℳ; November 10th, 2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old November 11th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Philman
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Philman Send a message via Skype™ to Philman
Hi Swampert... am I ever going to get the pictures for re-design? Just asking
Old November 11th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Drk Dragonite
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Very nice stuff, I won't hesitate to use any of them.
Old November 11th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Swampert 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 現実として巨大なもの View Post
Hey awesome! GBC pallet editing. Simple question though, will it work on my english crystal since it obviously says it can edit GBC palletts? Also, you said you redesgned your gsc TM editor, is it possible for it to rename and edit the pictured for different TMs with this tool?

Love the genjju editor! Haven't played genjju in years. Will get it again and hack it with your SP tool too!
Should be fine with your Crystal ROM, as long as you have the offset of the palette! In GSC the items don't have pictures, so I don't know what you mean about editing the pictures. You cannot rename the TMs, I think thats pretty pointless, however if you really want to re-name them, use your favourite HEX editor

I am glad you like the DenjuuEditor program, it works pretty well, as you will see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philman View Post
Hi Swampert... am I ever going to get the pictures for re-design? Just asking
Oh crud I completely forgot Philman, I'm sorry, I have loads on my plate at the minute, I am applying to university this week so its pretty hectic. I'll see if I can get them zipped up at the weekend for you!:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drk Dragonite View Post
Very nice stuff, I won't hesitate to use any of them.
Well, It's quite a collection I have been building for a few months now, so there is bound to be something you will find useful...

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links