Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Reload this Page Resource Bob's Mega Base (Version 1 Released)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old March 14th, 2016 (1:20 PM). Edited March 15th, 2016 by Bobsomeness.
Still waiting for that elevator

Nature: Jolly

Hey, PC! As you know, mega evolution is currently a very hot feature that many hackers want to add to their hacks. Sadly, not many who want to add it are able to do it. As a result, requests for a mega base have become very popular.
For those who have been waiting for something like this, your time has come! Version 1 of this mega base includes:
Mega evolution fully inserted into your ROM!
...and that's about it. In future releases, I hope to add items like mega stones and mega rings, but for now you'll have to do that yourself. :p

Usage Instructions:
1. Patch the ROM and replace the initiation files (ini files) for G3HS and G3T.
2. Go to the pokemon that you want to mega evolve and add a new evolution.
3. For the evolution method, scroll all the way down to "Mega Evolution"
4. Pick an item that the Pokemon will hold to mega evolve.
5. Pick the pokemon it will mega evolve into.
6. Save.
THE NEXT STEPS ARE VERY IMPORTANT. IF YOU DON'T DO THEM, YOUR POKEMON WILL NOT REVERT BACK TO IT'S ORIGINAL FORM AFTER BATTLE!!!
7. Now, go the mega evolution Pokemon's stats page.
8. Go to their evolution panel, and repeat steps 3 and 4, except leave the item black (as ????? or the item ID as 0)
9. For the Pokemon it will evolve into, select the un-mega version of your Pokemon.

Credits:
Touched for his mega evolution thread
Exodrake for her modified "make" command that disables the broken keystone check

Screenshots (of course, this is just an example) :

More to come!

Here ya go!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6u4kn2j5ygstiac/Bob%27s%20Mega%20Base.zip?dl=0

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that everyone who believes into Him shall by no means perish but have eternal life.

Acts 2:21
And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't too scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.

Jesus is Lord!

My Projects:

Relevant Advertising!

Old March 14th, 2016 (6:02 PM).

This is a great work, Im going to try in my patch, thanks for this

Old March 14th, 2016 (7:01 PM).
One World Under XV
Silver Tier

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Joexv

Now while I think its nice that now its available to more people, I believe the entire reason it wasn't made into a patch beforehand was to make people learn how to insert it without having to rely on someone doing it for them.

I'm pretty busy atm so my time for hacking is very limited so my ROM hacks are gonna be on hold for a long time till I get some more time.

My Rom hacks
A New Dawn---Gentlemon
Not in Production:
Blackened Night---Holiday Hacks
Old March 14th, 2016 (7:17 PM).

Completely agree with Joe. I'll add that once the you meet the enormous prerequisite of 2 whole dependancies, what Touched has set up is easier, faster, and more flexible than patches. People, this is the future. Please learn it. It really isn't that hard, and definitely worth the time!

Old March 14th, 2016 (7:44 PM).

Nature: Modest

May I get condition I may set for mega evo in G3T? Is the condition=Item number?

Old March 14th, 2016 (8:51 PM).
New World Pirate

Nature: Hasty

Quote originally posted by Joexv:
Now while I think its nice that now its available to more people, I believe the entire reason it wasn't made into a patch beforehand was to make people learn how to insert it without having to rely on someone doing it for them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I read something I think a few weeks ago that it has something to do with the related bugs (like the link battle)? Once you apply the patch, you won't be able to change the routine once an update/fix is available, am I right?

Old March 14th, 2016 (8:54 PM).
One World Under XV
Silver Tier

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Joexv

Quote originally posted by thedarkdragon11:
Correct me if I'm wrong, I read something I think a few weeks ago that it has something to do with the related bugs (like the link battle)? Once you apply the patch, you won't be able to change the routine once an update/fix is available, am I right?

You are correct. Using a patch means the patch would need to be updated which in big patches like these it could potentially break an progress on the ROM that the user has done.
Although link battles have been bugged since the start.

I'm pretty busy atm so my time for hacking is very limited so my ROM hacks are gonna be on hold for a long time till I get some more time.

My Rom hacks
A New Dawn---Gentlemon
Not in Production:
Blackened Night---Holiday Hacks
Old March 15th, 2016 (3:33 AM).
Pokémon Fuchsia
Silver Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to PokéMew

I agree with people above. I even made an enormous tut about mega evo insertion on the original thread :/
Anyways, shouldn't getting permission from Touched to release this be necessary?

Old March 15th, 2016 (6:19 AM).

Not everyone knows how to do routines and all that though.. For example myself.. I have no idea how to do any of this stuff.. Having a base like this is nice just for revisiting my childhood with a new twist.

Old March 15th, 2016 (11:16 AM).

Quote originally posted by Aion:
Not everyone knows how to do routines and all that though.. For example myself.. I have no idea how to do any of this stuff.. Having a base like this is nice just for revisiting my childhood with a new twist.
I hate to belabor the point, but this is proof of the problem. Saying you can't insert Megas because you don't know "how to do routines and all that" is like saying you can't use Lunar IPS because you don't know how IPS files are created and read. Mega insertion doesn't require ASM knowledge. All if requires is sitting down and following very direct instructions such as PokeMew's gigantic post with tons of pictures. You can expect more of these as time goes on, and I expect it to become the new standard. Even if someone is being lazy, investing the time to learn this will save time in the long run.

Old March 15th, 2016 (12:15 PM).

I someone disagree wit this whole thread, A lot of people statements kinda have me feeling weird, I don't see how it's wrong too have a base when really, All the base is doing is just having evolution in battle and reverting the changes.

For the record. Saving time does not equal laziness. If we aren't allowed to use the recorces given to us by other people, what is the point have having a rescorce thread?

And plus, someone having a base for inserting mega evolutions and saying that "Everyone should have the tools and the tutorials to help them insert it themselves"
That's like saying everyone should insert 721 + pokemon because we have the tools and tutorials. and that we should do it ourselves.

If people want to save time and use a base. You should let them.

Old March 15th, 2016 (12:37 PM).

Quote originally posted by SpikeJolteon:
I someone disagree wit this whole thread, A lot of people statements kinda have me feeling weird, I don't see how it's wrong too have a base when really, All the base is doing is just having evolution in battle and reverting the changes.

For the record. Saving time does not equal laziness. If we aren't allowed to use the recorces given to us by other people, what is the point have having a rescorce thread?

And plus, someone having a base for inserting mega evolutions and saying that "Everyone should have the tools and the tutorials to help them insert it themselves"
That's like saying everyone should insert 721 + pokemon because we have the tools and tutorials. and that we should do it ourselves.

If people want to save time and use a base. You should let them.

Let me clarify my lazy comment. I'm saying that learning how to use the python scripts will actually save you time. Touched didn't do this in C for the sake of making it difficult for people/alienating. If you follow the instructions, you'll find that it actually makes it easier for both the creator and user.

Old March 19th, 2016 (7:57 AM).

Quote originally posted by azurile13:
Let me clarify my lazy comment. I'm saying that learning how to use the python scripts will actually save you time. Touched didn't do this in C for the sake of making it difficult for people/alienating. If you follow the instructions, you'll find that it actually makes it easier for both the creator and user.

I disagree with that.. Because once again using myself as example.. I know nothing about hex editing or anything of the sort.. So this logic is flawed and doesnt apply to everyone. Sure I'm willing to learn yes, but having an example of what i can achieve is a great way to get me into it.

Old March 29th, 2016 (6:21 AM).

How to change the CURSE icon when a pokemon mega evolves?

Old March 29th, 2016 (4:41 PM).
I'mma Wrong Grammar person

Nature: Lonely

Quote originally posted by xerveltal:
How to change the CURSE icon when a pokemon mega evolves?

idk man if it can be changed on unlz.gba

Old March 29th, 2016 (5:04 PM).

If it is changable in unlz, would changing it would also change the animation of the attack curse?

Old March 29th, 2016 (5:12 PM).
I'mma Wrong Grammar person

Nature: Lonely

Quote originally posted by xerveltal:
If it is changable in unlz, would changing it would also change the animation of the attack curse?

u know what is gold teeth script on mega evolution i change the icon man onto mega ring and it works and then i used complete item editor and change the description but the script on warden is somehow works fine too. So im using gba intro to duplicate like i have mega ring.

Old 2 Weeks Ago (11:37 AM).

Hello. So,i patched the IPS and stuff,and loaded up the game to test it. The text was messed up,music,sprites,etc jumbled and Pallet Town was named Bar Island with fog and lavender town theme playing. Did I do something wrong??

Old 1 Week Ago (5:05 PM).
Still waiting for that elevator

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Mr.Spiral:
Hello. So,i patched the IPS and stuff,and loaded up the game to test it. The text was messed up,music,sprites,etc jumbled and Pallet Town was named Bar Island with fog and lavender town theme playing. Did I do something wrong??
Did you use a clean ROM? If you did, can you send me a screenshot? This could be a creepypasta in the making :D
John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that everyone who believes into Him shall by no means perish but have eternal life.

Acts 2:21
And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't too scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.

Jesus is Lord!

My Projects:
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links