Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development
Reload this Page [Discussion] Pokemon X / Y PC Version

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Game Development Your number one stop for anything related to creating games (except ROM hacks). You can even make your own!

Old 2 Days Ago (06:09 PM).
PokeUnity

Hello I'm a developer in Unity. I'm a huge fan of Pokemon I'm working on my own type of game but in my spare time I mess around doing other things and i think a task for me would be to make a Pokemon Game for the PC such as X / Y.

Lets talk about things that should be in the game.
What graphics you would like? 3D? or would the graphics that are used in Pokemon Black be good enough for everyone.

Post your suggestions below.

I'm also looking for a team. someone who can do the artwork or even help build the 2D towns. Post your work if you have experience with Pixel work or 3D work and could replicate the style everyone agrees on.
Old 2 Days Ago (02:13 AM).
Black Eternity
Lord of Eternity

Hello PokeUnity, since no one else has posted here yet, I guess I will get things started.

First, I want to ask, What kind of fan game are you going for? In the sense of maps, battle style, point of view, etc. I ask simply because, with Unity, you have almost endless opportunities to develop a fan game unlike any other seen before.

With that being said, I have been widely interested in an *"Open World" style 3D game.
*let me finish this statement before moving on...
I would classify this style as:
- Having larger maps to roam around, find secret hiding spots, a lot of scenery to explore, and area based encounters.
- Having an axonometric? point of view like traditional Pokemon except, except with a 360 degree rotation.

On a second note, I think you would be able to create some wonderful and very friendly user interfaces to your advantage. Using your viewport correctly and efficiently for UI such as Buy/Sell screens, dialog, Bag, Pokedex, and even a PokeGear, or what ever you decide to incorporate.

Again this all depends on what type or style you want to develop your game, I am just throwing some ideas out there.

[Pokemon Essentials Scripts]
Banking System: Here
Berry Trading System: Here
Old 2 Days Ago (03:34 AM).
Tricko
Developing Pokémon Dark Leaf

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by PokeUnity:
Hello I'm a developer in Unity. I'm a huge fan of Pokemon I'm working on my own type of game but in my spare time I mess around doing other things and i think a task for me would be to make a Pokemon Game for the PC such as X / Y.

Lets talk about things that should be in the game.
What graphics you would like? 3D? or would the graphics that are used in Pokemon Black be good enough for everyone.

Post your suggestions below.

I'm also looking for a team. someone who can do the artwork or even help build the 2D towns. Post your work if you have experience with Pixel work or 3D work and could replicate the style everyone agrees on.
Great idea !! Good Luck !! I got some XY resource on my devaintart account.. Click the link in my signature and take a look !! I also think for artworks and all you could also create a account in dA....

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

http://tricko1.deviantart.com/
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links