Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development
Reload this Page Screenshot Showcase

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Game Development Your number one stop for anything related to creating games (except ROM hacks). You can even make your own!

Old May 26th, 2010 (07:53 AM).
Cobalt Black Creator

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Colbex
@Peeky Chew: Wow, that loadbg is really unique. It's those little things like that that can set apart a game from being pretty good from spectacular.
@Luka: Unsurprisingly, your game's graphics look incredible. The HGSSS-styled menu looks phenomenal!

Anywho... I haven't posted here in umpteenth ages. Here's the Aetori Region PokéDex, main page and info page.

(Note the custom dex entry... I mean, I didn't make it up, but I read all the dex entries provided by Bulbapedia and made something new from it. I'm doing this for all 493 species. I've got Pokes 1-20, Golem, and Gyarados(my two testing sprites when working with the dex) completed. The circle will have the species footprint once/if I script that in)

Old May 28th, 2010 (01:02 AM). Edited May 28th, 2010 by Luka S.J..
@LukaSJ0

Nature: Adamant
My first "3D" cutscene of an ingame event from Blue Chrome. This one is with the mighty Shadow Lugia, which is battled in the Phantom Realm. Just on a side note, this is not a new Pokemon (so 494 in the Pokedex), this is just Lugia's altered form when in the Phantom Realm. If you take it out of there...it will turn into the normal form Lugia. Anyways enough with the talking and here with the screenshot.

There will be more like this throughout the game.

EDIT: The screenshot on the right is the animation when travelling through the two dimensions. Just thought I'd make it nicer instead of keeping it a boring player transfer. Btw...the background is animated, and the player is spinning around, looks quite funny actually :D

EDIT2: Made some minor adjustments to the 3D cutscene, to make it even better 3D.

EDIT3: Everybody seems to be thinking this so I'll say it loud and clear. This is NOT Mode 7 system, it's my very own 3D handler, and it will be used just for 3D cutscenes, not the whole game.
Old May 28th, 2010 (06:26 AM).
ಥдಥ
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Luka S.J.:
My first "3D" cutscene of an ingame event from Blue Chrome. This one is with the mighty Shadow Lugia, which is battled in the Phantom Realm. Just on a side note, this is not a new Pokemon (so 494 in the Pokedex), this is just Lugia's altered form when in the Phantom Realm. If you take it out of there...it will turn into the normal form Lugia. Anyways enough with the talking and here with the screenshot.

There will be more like this throughout the game.

EDIT: The screenshot on the right is the animation when travelling through the two dimensions. Just thought I'd make it nicer instead of keeping it a boring player transfer. Btw...the background is animated, and the player is spinning around, looks quite funny actually :D

EDIT2: Made some minor adjustments to the 3D cutscene, to make it even better 3D.
Does the one on the right have the player spinning around? Haha that is a classic, good ol' Zelda

SMEARGLE SOLO CHALLENGE
HARDCORE EDITION
To vanquish without peril is to triumph without glory...
Voted Best Game Designer 2011 on PC
Old May 31st, 2010 (11:23 PM).

Nature: Jolly
Just a screenshot of one of the many (currently the only one mapped) shrines/dungeons in my game. Yes, that menu is actually working...except the Debug and Options. Also, that dot thing in the middle of the menu is actually the mouse icon.

Old June 1st, 2010 (12:15 PM).
I'm back~

Oh, that looks good!

When taking screenshots in the future, you may want to shrink the screen resolution. It looks stretched out and isn't very appealing.
Old June 3rd, 2010 (10:23 PM).
ಥдಥ
Silver Tier

SMEARGLE SOLO CHALLENGE
HARDCORE EDITION
Old June 3rd, 2010 (11:02 PM).
कुछ मीठा हो जाये

Looks good, what is the right part of the game screen for...

And also the part at the bottom...

Dual screen?
Old June 3rd, 2010 (11:37 PM).
ಥдಥ
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by mr. ck:
Looks good, what is the right part of the game screen for...

And also the part at the bottom...

Dual screen?
Upper left is for OW adventure. Right screen is for menus and the bottom is the HUD, showing your team and menu buttons. I have not added them to the game just yet.

SMEARGLE SOLO CHALLENGE
HARDCORE EDITION
Old June 4th, 2010 (12:53 AM).
कुछ मीठा हो जाये

The graphics are pretty cool, nonetheless

@Soul.//Silver Hmm, that screenie is pretty good. I agree with Maximus though, it looks pixelated and poorly scaled, scale them down to make them look better
But there's something weird about having grassy/marshy area have fog...
Also: A hand or the usual cursor might be better, don't really like the dot like thing...
Old June 11th, 2010 (06:22 PM).
Takin a brake. -_-

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Peeky Chew:
Thanks for the rating
I'm editing it a bit and I'll repost it here soon.

You know people, it would be nice if you actually rated the screenshots above your post. If you want yours rated then rate others!

Anyway. I really like the menu, it all looks really good and I like how you can see through. The only part that's not perfect is the render on some of the images in the menu. Who made the water? I really like it.

For the second screen. Also very good, but there are a couple of errors. First, the sides of the trees should be conncted in the to at the right and two at the left side of that part. The other is the ledge, it doesn't have an ending tile likeit should.

@ЩѻƦḽᶑʂḽдƴƹƦ™: I'd rate it, but it's too resized.

Here's mine:

I wanted to make a nice animation for once, instead of just making simple backgrounds. Comments?
No offense, but that just hurts my eyes. Can you make it less flashy? Like clouds just moving over the ocean something?
BTW: Don't mean to b off topic, but how do u change the bg for that?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 4th, 2010 (09:01 AM).

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Dr. Octogonapus
I don't really expect much feedback for my screenshot; seeing as it's NOT Pokémon. Although, my opinion may be biased seeing as it's based on past experiences. This is merely but an introductory sequence from my original game that I've yet to post here on PokéCommunity and I probably never will. I'll be posting screens seeing as I don't get enough... "decent" feedback on other forums.

Old July 4th, 2010 (09:27 AM).
Savant

The details are kind of hard to make out due to it being so dark.
I encourage you to post the thread whenever you have enough material ready to post it. Game Dev really needs more non-Pokemon games.
Old July 4th, 2010 (09:46 AM).

I've been fiddling with the tints; I could post it in the Drawing Board, but, eh.. I'm still a bit iffy about it. I'll think about it, but for now, here's another screen that's -hopefully- not so dark...

Old July 4th, 2010 (11:04 AM).
the hearts of lonely people
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
I suggest editing the message script that you have to move the namebox a little bit more to the left.
It looks a bit odd in the position it is in.
Old July 4th, 2010 (01:37 PM).
Banned

Put the name box in the center of the talking persons faceset, that would be better :3
Old July 5th, 2010 (05:10 AM).

Thanks for the suggestion, Poeman.
It's been fixed, thanks to Cilebra; here's what it looks like at the moment seeing as I'm too lazy to take a screenshot.

[NameBox]
FACEHERE -- Dialog and whatnot here..
Old July 5th, 2010 (05:26 AM).
Legen- wait for it...
Silver Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Dr. Octogonapus:
I've been fiddling with the tints; I could post it in the Drawing Board, but, eh.. I'm still a bit iffy about it. I'll think about it, but for now, here's another screen that's -hopefully- not so dark...

I really like the visual style, and the only problem I really have with that screen is the design of the main character, but that's just because I prefer realism in games rather than exaggeration. I would also really love it if you were to post it on PC, we haven't had nearly enough non-Pokemon games posted here.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one of mine really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old July 5th, 2010 (05:51 AM).

I actually have posted it in The Drawing Board; or at least I believe I did. It said it needed Moderator approval. I'm glad you like it though Nick; that means a lot.
Old July 5th, 2010 (08:54 AM).
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Speaking of the namebox, you should remove the colon in there. It's obvious it's a "this is who is speaking" thing already.
Old July 7th, 2010 (05:38 PM).

@Dr. Octogonapus posts

First of all, I like the visual style of the game (although I may be a bit biased since you posted stuff with rather cool looking water and I just like water in games for some reason XD). The character Rein looks pretty cool, and I like that the first pic with the mystery guy has a guy with his face covered instead of being inconsistent and having no Portrait for him while having ones for others like Rein. I also like that your using Portraits for the characters, it's small but I always like the idea of portraits like that.

The only other thing is as mentioned, the name box should be a little more to the left (I would say try and match the red corner thing on the name box to the one on the dialogue box, try and make it blend well if you know what I mean?)

I haven't seen if you have posted a thread about the game or not but I may have a quick lookie when I get time for one.

Anyway, sorry for the kinda long postish post but just trying to give you some detailed feedback

Old July 7th, 2010 (05:47 PM).

Quote originally posted by Stuart444:
@Dr. Octogonapus posts

First of all, I like the visual style of the game (although I may be a bit biased since you posted stuff with rather cool looking water and I just like water in games for some reason XD). The character Rein looks pretty cool, and I like that the first pic with the mystery guy has a guy with his face covered instead of being inconsistent and having no Portrait for him while having ones for others like Rein. I also like that your using Portraits for the characters, it's small but I always like the idea of portraits like that.

The only other thing is as mentioned, the name box should be a little more to the left (I would say try and match the red corner thing on the name box to the one on the dialogue box, try and make it blend well if you know what I mean?)

I haven't seen if you have posted a thread about the game or not but I may have a quick lookie when I get time for one.

Anyway, sorry for the kinda long postish post but just trying to give you some detailed feedback
Many thanks for that feedback too.

Cilerba fixed the script for me, so, many thanks go to him. Here is another example of the edited script, but, the dialog box has been moved up to the top of the screen in actually gameplay as not to block the player's field of vision. Does this look any better?

Old July 7th, 2010 (05:50 PM).

That namebox looks alot better like that. There may be small adjustments you could make if you wanted to but for the most part it looks alot better.

Besides that, as Maruno said, remove the colon and that's all I can think of for the dialogue box area

Old July 19th, 2010 (02:57 AM). Edited July 19th, 2010 by Avatar.
Savant

After not having worked on this project for 2 years I thought I'd show off some of the old maps from the game. They have a few mapping errors here and there that haven't been fixed yet.

The maps were made with the FR/LG tileset with the exception of the Pokécenter.

Spoiler:
Nyfjord [Ny (new) + Fjord]
A small mountainside town situated at the southern end of the highland region Hallr.

Spoiler:
Dim Grotte [Dim + Grotte (grotto)]
Brave youth from Nyfjord whom wish to start on their journey will find that they have to traverse this cavern to reach the rest of Hallr.

Spoiler:
Pokécenters
In Hallr the Pokécenters are much more clinical than other regions.

Old July 19th, 2010 (06:42 PM).
Chief of Pokémon Time Version

Ok. Here's my screens of Pokémon Birdus Version. This project is made with PSP DS (PokemonScriptProject DS). For now, i'ts in french but if it becomes more popular on this forum, maybe I will transalte it in english. This is not a remake of RSE.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Sorry if my english is bad...
Old July 19th, 2010 (11:44 PM). Edited July 20th, 2010 by mackoo.

Warpras, your game looks really good. I especially like the way you've connected Hoenn map to some new region. I also guess, that your intro is D/P/PT/HG/SS styled, isn't it? I downloaded this PSP DS to see how does it work, and its brillant, but I don't know french :/
I wish someone would translate whole kit.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links