Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development
Reload this Page Screenshot Showcase

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Game Development Your number one stop for anything related to creating games (except ROM hacks). You can even make your own!

Old December 7th, 2013 (02:38 AM).
[ bad girls do it well ]

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to Vociferocity
Quote originally posted by Rickyboy:

Just finished this one up, yay or nay?

I know it only shows three bag sections, but I think ya'll can envisionamalize the last ones.
"Women too, unfortunately."? gotta ask, is this a message that pops up regardless of player character's gender? also, not a huge fan of the big arrows pointing to the different sections of the bag. maybe just highlight them/give them a border? ALSO also, there's a typo in the pokeball text: "line" instead of "like"
Old December 7th, 2013 (02:04 PM).
Gone Fishin'

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by Vociferocity:
"Women too, unfortunately."? gotta ask, is this a message that pops up regardless of player character's gender? also, not a huge fan of the big arrows pointing to the different sections of the bag. maybe just highlight them/give them a border? ALSO also, there's a typo in the pokeball text: "line" instead of "like"
Well, I'm not a fan of the ugly existing "red box" shapes for the old bag set-up, personally I like these a lot better. I really don't see any issue with them, they're just arrows...

I had nothing to do with the text either, and regardless, that typo is from whatever essentials it was downloaded from.
Old December 7th, 2013 (03:40 PM).
#BAMFPokemonNerd

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Radical Raptr

Just finished this one up, yay or nay?

I know it only shows three bag sections, but I think ya'll can envisionamalize the last ones.
I love the quality *o *
the only thing bugging the brains out of me, is the fact the arrows change position only in the med section, whats up with that?

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Old December 7th, 2013 (05:33 PM).
Gone Fishin'

Quote originally posted by Saving Raven:
I love the quality *o *
the only thing bugging the brains out of me, is the fact the arrows change position only in the med section, whats up with that?
Thanks! The arrows are moving in game just as they do in the basic essentials, I simply couldn't time the screenshot right to get them matched up, that's all
Old December 7th, 2013 (06:20 PM).
#BAMFPokemonNerd

Thanks! The arrows are moving in game just as they do in the basic essentials, I simply couldn't time the screenshot right to get them matched up, that's all
I was thinking that might be why, I just wanted to make sure - it all looks great, good work!

Old December 7th, 2013 (07:16 PM).
[ bad girls do it well ]

Well, I'm not a fan of the ugly existing "red box" shapes for the old bag set-up, personally I like these a lot better. I really don't see any issue with them, they're just arrows...

I had nothing to do with the text either, and regardless, that typo is from whatever essentials it was downloaded from.
so please pass on my question to whoever is in charge of the text? & I didn't really mean like a box around each bag, more like a glowy outline around the selected bag.
Old December 7th, 2013 (07:26 PM).
Gone Fishin'

Quote originally posted by Vociferocity:
so please pass on my question to whoever is in charge of the text? & I didn't really mean like a box around each bag, more like a glowy outline around the selected bag.
Will do

And I did try the outline thing before, it just looked odd, that's why I went with this one. It's only a mock-up though, I think once I have a fully shaded bag and stuff your idea will work better.
Old December 8th, 2013 (11:47 AM).

Nature: Adamant
This is a random image of a project I am working, that uses Pokemon graphics but it is not a Pokemon fan-game, it is along the lines of a old school turn-based rpg.

(This still a work in progress, I am trying to work out making the battle sprites animated).
Spoiler:
Old December 13th, 2013 (05:44 PM).
Gold Tier

Whoa there, buddy, those are Oddish you have there, not Machop... How are they supposed to clear the rocks?!
I know the little arrow is too far on the right, no worries.
Old December 14th, 2013 (01:52 AM).
It's still me, 44tim44 ;)

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Daedalus:

Whoa there, buddy, those are Oddish you have there, not Machop... How are they supposed to clear the rocks?!
I've always dislike to play fan-games using Gen-2 graphics, simply because of the small screen size.
Thank you for answering my prayers! XD

No but seriously, this is looking great.
You've definitely made the area look interesting using the very basic Gen-2 tiles. Good job.
Love the new trees. The new font works good together with the other graphics as well!

A note though; even if Generation 2 used very few overworlds for a lot of Pokémon, it does not mean you must as well. I recommend making a Gen-2 style overworld for Machop.
Old December 14th, 2013 (03:48 AM).
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by tImE:
I've always dislike to play fan-games using Gen-2 graphics, simply because of the small screen size.
Thank you for answering my prayers! XD

No but seriously, this is looking great.
You've definitely made the area look interesting using the very basic Gen-2 tiles. Good job.
Love the new trees. The new font works good together with the other graphics as well!

A note though; even if Generation 2 used very few overworlds for a lot of Pokémon, it does not mean you must as well. I recommend making a Gen-2 style overworld for Machop.
Thank you very much! Seriously! I don't show the game off that often, so these kind of comments really do help keep me and my team motivated. I feel the exact way about the screen size! To me, a bigger screen means bigger possibilities. And thank you! Cilerba actually made the tiles, he's quite talented haha.

There's actually an overworld sprite strikingly similar to the Machop family, I was just adding in the existing overworld sprites and was amused when I was testing out the Oddish ones...we're definitely going to add some of our own, though! (Making one for every single Pokemon is probably not going to happen...)

But again, thank you very much! I'll be sure to post another in the near future. (And a thread...one day.)
Old December 14th, 2013 (05:05 AM).

But again, thank you very much! I'll be sure to post another in the near future. (And a thread...one day.)
I know dat feel bro. It seems far off, even though you've gotten so much work done!

I need critique for a new mountain tile I made.
This is a side by side comparison of the old and new one. (Left = Old, Right = New)

I'm unsure if the tile is good enough, to bother to replace the old mountains in all of my maps, or not.
If it is to any help, I am using Generation 4 Overworlds.
Old December 14th, 2013 (08:18 AM).
ಥдಥ
Silver Tier

Nature: Calm
Daed, you should show it off more. It looks great.

tImE, The right look great. They honestly remind me more of interior cave tiles for some reason. Maybe use both?

I feel like you should put an OW on the map to give us a clear example of what we are looking at.

SMEARGLE SOLO CHALLENGE
HARDCORE EDITION
To vanquish without peril is to triumph without glory...
Voted Best Game Designer 2011 on PC
Old December 14th, 2013 (09:21 AM).
#BAMFPokemonNerd

I know dat feel bro. It seems far off, even though you've gotten so much work done!

This is a side by side comparison of the old and new one. (Left = Old, Right = New)

I'm unsure if the tile is good enough, to bother to replace the old mountains in all of my maps, or not.
personally I orefer the new ones as it makes the distinction of size more prominent, as gen 4 sprites generally overlook the mountain tiles in game, while those are taller than the OW's, as mountains should be

Old December 14th, 2013 (11:41 AM).
@LukaSJ0

I prefer the newer set of tiles. Not because they are newer, but I think there is more detail to it. I really think it says "mountain" better than the previous one; whose edges are straight, and the texture is not as detailed. I also think the colour of the newer mountain tiles fit better with the rest of the screenshot. The part that works better with the older mountain tiles, is the cave entrance. It looks like a part of the wall, while it doesn't do that in with the newer tiles.

So yeah, I'd go with the newer set. To me they seem to connect and work better.
Old December 14th, 2013 (12:32 PM).

Thanks for the help everyone!

I have now updated all my maps with the new mountain tiles.
Thanks a lot for the input from all of you!

@Luka: Regarding the Cave Entrance, I have simply yet to change it in the picture, since I was comparing tiles.

Here is a screenshot of Route 9, using the final version of the new mountain tiles.
Old December 14th, 2013 (03:19 PM).
Shadow Maker

Looks good tImE. Really like the new tiles.

Updated the bag screen. No major changes, mainly color and a little bit of movement (I mean 2-10 pixels XD) Just wanted it to fit the theme of my game better.

Old December 14th, 2013 (03:26 PM).
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Quote originally posted by Rayd12smitty:
Looks good tImE. Really like the new tiles.

Updated the bag screen. No major changes, mainly color and a little bit of movement (I mean 2-10 pixels XD) Just wanted it to fit the theme of my game better.

Those pocket icons are very dark. I can barely tell the difference between the TM pocket and the Poké Ball pocket, not to mention the key looks awful now.

Does the list look good when it's long enough to scroll through? By that I mean, the top-most and bottom-most visible lines are designed in Essentials to be cut off halfway, so are those cut-off points positioned correctly?
Old December 14th, 2013 (03:53 PM).
Shadow Maker

Quote originally posted by Maruno:
Those pocket icons are very dark. I can barely tell the difference between the TM pocket and the Poké Ball pocket, not to mention the key looks awful now.

Does the list look good when it's long enough to scroll through? By that I mean, the top-most and bottom-most visible lines are designed in Essentials to be cut off halfway, so are those cut-off points positioned correctly?
I have the list fitting perfectly so the cutoff works. I agree on the icons. I'll work them out. Thanks for the feedback!
Old December 15th, 2013 (04:33 PM).
Shadow Maker

Almost done with my summary screens now. Made in the same style of the bag screen I posted the other day. (My bag screen's icons are fixed now. They are the same color as the icons in my summary screens below)

Took screens on the smaller screen size to make the picture smaller since I wanted to share the 4 pages I have finished. Let me know your opinions!
Old December 16th, 2013 (05:00 AM).
Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to venom12
Ok so new brand screens from Hoenn Region.

Old December 16th, 2013 (01:54 PM).
Lead Dev in Pokémon Chaos

Quote originally posted by Rayd12smitty:
Almost done with my summary screens now. Made in the same style of the bag screen I posted the other day. (My bag screen's icons are fixed now. They are the same color as the icons in my summary screens below)

Took screens on the smaller screen size to make the picture smaller since I wanted to share the 4 pages I have finished. Let me know your opinions!
I'm loving the new graphics that you're using. Keep up the good work.

Quote originally posted by venom12:

Not so keen on the tiles but I love the style of mapping (Hoenn will always be my favorite).

---

Here's some new screens to show what I've been working on in what little spare time I now have:

Old December 16th, 2013 (03:38 PM).
[ bad girls do it well ]

Quote originally posted by venom12:

that bottom screen is super distracting. why is the background so much darker and clearer than the buttons?
Old December 17th, 2013 (05:57 PM).
A.K.A The Glitch

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire

I just love GEN II styled things, I even like the custom tiles, very legit.

Re made Pallet Town, using tiles form Wesley FG, just a play with tiles really.

Just strollin' to my next destination...
Old December 18th, 2013 (07:57 PM). Edited December 18th, 2013 by th3shark.
Develops in AS3/C++

Nature: Calm
With finals over and winter break in full swing, I've been able to get a lot of work done lately!

Here is the improved battle screen for Pokemon Evoas:

I've also made animations for some new moves. Here are some of my favorites I've made recently:

Flame Whip: A weak fire attack that strikes both foes.

Luna Howl: Howls at the moon to raise its and its ally's attack.

Dust Off: Cleanses the ally, curing a status ailment.

Yarn Bop: Engages the foes in a fun yarn game to sharply lower their attack. This is a "one shot" move, meaning the pokemon can only use it once per battle.

I wish I could show these moves in action, but the .gif compression kinda ruins it. Once I've made a sufficient amount of moves, I should be able to bang out a preview build of Pokemon Evoas, so be on the lookout for that soon!

Sponsored Links