The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development

Notices

Game Development Your number one stop for anything related to creating games (except ROM hacks). You can even make your own!

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 8th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Firemaker
Pokemon Master

Advertise here
I think you made a mistake in the boy/girl choosing. After that there should be a step that teleports you. You also need to change your person or define the character set.
Old June 8th, 2008, 08:55 AM
DamianLeonhart

Nature: Naughty
What you have done is change the starting position of the game. Put it back on the intro map. That map has an event that is the opening of the game. At the end of the event you need to have it teleport the player to your starting map.
Old June 8th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Glitchfinder
Let's all get along, please?

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie.ds View Post
Yes it was uploaded to here but as i said above when i click it it just goes to a blank screen.

Thhe 1 by 1 pic....... I dont know cause i cant see that small.
Go to the post that has the attachment, and copy the link in the top right corner of the post. For example, this post of yours that I'm quoting is #69. That links to the specific post. Then, paste that link here, so that we don't have to go sifting through the entire thread for it. Oh, and it seems like something has happened to the attachment, like it being deleted. Was it supposed to be a picture, a file, or something else?

Glitchfinder's Scripts

Old June 8th, 2008, 06:42 PM
rm2kdude
Advanced Pixel-Artist

Nature: Jolly
REQUEST

Since all of the good Pixel-Movement scripts are disappearing from RMXP sites I'm just wondering if you have scripts like this.

-Pixel-Movement for the hero/party
-Pixel-Movement commands or a script for Events (having a abs and this is crucial!)

Thanks!
Old June 8th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Jirbytaylor
is too lazy to make a new ava

Send a message via AIM to Jirbytaylor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jirbytaylor
Try RMXP.org. Someone named along the lines of f0tz!barchen has created a pixel movement script that works for hero and events. It's rather complicated though.
Old June 9th, 2008, 08:57 PM
MBlack475
Beginning Trainer

REPOSTING: hey is there a tool to extract 3d models from wii .iso's (SSBB, PBR) and put them into .3ds format?? i know it's possible but i don't know how to do it.

TELL ME PLEASE!!!
ps if this is the wrong area of the forums to ask this then Tell ME!!

Old June 10th, 2008, 10:37 AM
DeVan
Beginning Trainer

I Have a few of questions regarding a game me and my friend are making.
So please bear with me...(We are using RMXP)

1. We have the Gym Leader put in and the battle for him, but whats the script/event code for obtaining the badge? Sorry if I phrased this in a complicated manner.

2.This might have to tie in with the first question, but how do activate the event/script for using HM's after you've beaten the first gym leaders.

3.Does anyone know a good sprite editor? And a way to make Sprites bigger?(Like the ones off of Spriters-Resource)

4.How do you make it look like lights are on in a building during night?

5.How do you make it so enviroment music seperates from battle music.(Ex.Walking in a route and when you enter a battle the route music plays.)

This is all.
Please help.
Old June 10th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Glitchfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBlack475 View Post
REPOSTING: hey is there a tool to extract 3d models from wii .iso's (SSBB, PBR) and put them into .3ds format?? i know it's possible but i don't know how to do it.

TELL ME PLEASE!!!
ps if this is the wrong area of the forums to ask this then Tell ME!!
Considering the fact that it still takes serious hacking skills to extract 3D models from N64 games, and that there are STILL no real tools for doing that, you're probably out of luck if you want to do that with the Wii.

Glitchfinder's Scripts

Old June 11th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

Nature: Relaxed
Got a request, I'm looking for NPCs character sets in RM2k3, anyone got any?

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old June 11th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Hardy Har Har
Oh dear, oh my...

Send a message via Yahoo to Hardy Har Har Send a message via Skype™ to Hardy Har Har
i made a new map and there is a problem:

(what i mean is the black area beside the trees)
and when that map is accessed at night, it still remains the same--not tinted...
how can i fix that?
I support:
Attention, all Fire Pokémon Fans! There is now a game for you, known as Pokémon Flame of Destiny! Click the userbar to go there:

My deviantArt
My GPX+ eggs
My friend's eggs
My RMXP Pokémon fangame website (under construction)
Shoddy Battle - Hardy_SSC4: 5/23

Last edited by Hardy Har Har; June 11th, 2008 at 08:26 PM. Reason: I want to be specific when asking.
Old June 12th, 2008, 07:40 AM
DamianLeonhart

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyduck007 View Post
i made a new map and there is a problem:

(what i mean is the black area beside the trees)
and when that map is accessed at night, it still remains the same--not tinted...
how can i fix that?
I have the answers to your questions. For the black you must have 7 tiles to the left and right and 5 tiles to the top and bottom in order to not see the black. As for the day night system, I am guessing you are using Essentials. You need to either use the editor or from the playtest use F9 to access the editor. There you can go into the Visual Editor while on the map you want to have the day night system and double click it. Setting the Outdoor setting to true enables the Day night system. You should be able to get this information in the Notes provided with Essentials.
Old June 14th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Poundflaf, Pokemon Master
Poundflaf is the MASTER!

I need to know! I want to make pokemon thunder version. I am making special colored pokemon. Non-Shiny

Last edited by Poundflaf, Pokemon Master; June 14th, 2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old June 14th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Poundflaf is the MASTER!

I just think like CRAZZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old June 14th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Flameguru
Pokemon: Metallic Silver

Nature: Rash
Oh my...

Well did you even bother to check the thread just a little below this one called Pokemon Essentials?

That might help, but I'm sure you won't get too far until you give up or ask 100's of questions.
Old June 14th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Flameguru
Pokemon: Metallic Silver

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poundflaf, Pokemon Master View Post
I just think like CRAZZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay...that's annoying.

Beginning towns are usually dealing with plants/trees (Ex: New Bark and Littleroot).

For the rest, just think of appealing names that are creative and fit the town itself.
Old June 14th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Vampire://Krimm
→ clocks everywhere →
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vampire://Krimm
Oooh, cool thread!

While those are all good ways to name areas, you can also use the nifty translator~ Just type in something that the town has, translate it in the prefered language, and boom! you've got a nifty name!

Because my own game originally expanded with the Portuguese influence, quite a few of the town/city names are actually Portuguese, Example is Friagua City, Maresia City, etc, etc. (No, I'm not Portuguese.)
Old June 14th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Poundflaf is the MASTER!

Tried it. NOPE! Please help! The main pokemon is Dark Tyranitar (different colored) and your starter is a special colored gible.
Old June 14th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Short Range
Chargin' mah Solarbeam!

Nature: Naive
Hi all, I seem to have a small problem with my Bird's Eye View game in Game Maker 7. Let me first tell you what my game is about. The main character so far is a brown sphere and the walls are just a recolor of the original wall sprites but this is just in it's beta stages. There is a crosshair, or aimer, where the mouse is to aim with when shooting a things.
Now, here is my problem; I have created an object called obj_control which, when placed in the room, creates a black background on a portion of the screen and creates health bars on top of it to create the effect of a HUD screen. Here's some screenshots so you can get a better idea of what's wrong.

This is a normal screen of when I start the game. Notice the player and aimer.

This is what happens when the camera follows the player around.

What I want to do here is make the black HUD underlay go over the walls and other things. In other words, I want to set the HUD underlay as top priority so that it may be easy to see. Thank you very much to anyone who can figure out my problem.

Nintendo Wii Code ~ 6691-5507-3921-0167
Pokemon Platinum Code ~ 1849-2990-6860

Feel free to drop me a line on Wii Message or MSN! :D
Old June 14th, 2008, 10:50 PM
blueguy
No capitalization required. ;D

Nature: Quirky
My advice is to pick a theme, like all of the actual games. For example, R/B/Y's cities were all named after colors. The next gen was mostly flowers or trees. So, choose some unifying theme and name your cities accordingly, maybe?
Old June 15th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Short Range
Chargin' mah Solarbeam!

So what exactly are you looking for? I'd be happy to help you. You'll need a Game Making program to start it off. Do you have RPG Maker XP?

Old June 15th, 2008, 05:10 AM
Poundflaf is the MASTER!

to above... ?????????????????????????????????????????????????

I can post dark tyranitar and three evolutions of the starter and the hidden trainer's special pokemon. Want me to?

Flygon : Hidden Trainer

Dark Tyranatar: only type: dark

Starter Evolutions: Electric/fire stages

Last edited by Poundflaf, Pokemon Master; June 15th, 2008 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 15th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Glitchfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Range View Post
Hi all, I seem to have a small problem with my Bird's Eye View game in Game Maker 7. Let me first tell you what my game is about. The main character so far is a brown sphere and the walls are just a recolor of the original wall sprites but this is just in it's beta stages. There is a crosshair, or aimer, where the mouse is to aim with when shooting a things.
Now, here is my problem; I have created an object called obj_control which, when placed in the room, creates a black background on a portion of the screen and creates health bars on top of it to create the effect of a HUD screen. Here's some screenshots so you can get a better idea of what's wrong.

This is a normal screen of when I start the game. Notice the player and aimer.

This is what happens when the camera follows the player around.

What I want to do here is make the black HUD underlay go over the walls and other things. In other words, I want to set the HUD underlay as top priority so that it may be easy to see. Thank you very much to anyone who can figure out my problem.
Well, I would never recommend Game maker, as it wars with the operating system for processing power. That aside, I believe that you have your Z coordinates wrong if you want it in front. You have to have the z coordinates higher to make it in front, and lower to put it behind. (in GM's scriping language, its called z coordinates, but I don't remember what it was called in the main portion of the program) It should be in your object properties.

Glitchfinder's Scripts

Old June 16th, 2008, 12:46 AM
Short Range
Chargin' mah Solarbeam!

Well it looks okay so far. If you want to make a Pokemon game then find a program called RPG Maker XP. download it, look around for tutorials and the Pokemon Starter Kit, some people are helping me with that now. I'm still beginning with it. :P

Old June 16th, 2008, 12:48 AM
Short Range
Chargin' mah Solarbeam!

Ah yes, I remember the old Z axis. Width, Hight and Depth. Glitch, you've saved me again I think. :P

Old June 17th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Atasco
Neopet

Well, for obtaining badges, you could have it to where the badges are like items and you could put a conditional statement on the HM you want to use, for example, let's say you need the third badge to cut down trees. Have the cuttable trees as an object, and use that conditional statment in the event. Ex:
Conditional Statement: if you have 3rd badge
show text: This tree looks like it could be cut down!
Use cut?
show choices: Yes, No
if Yes:
Erase event
if No:
Else
show text: This tree looks like it could be cut down!

Now, this is not exactly how it should look, but it should give you an idea of how it should work.

Now for the background music, remember that going to box that lets you change that should help you fix that problem, not the eventing box, but the one on the toolbar.

Oh poo!
I forgot about the lights!
I have got to tell you, this may be difficult. If you set up an event to change graphic at a certian time you could acomplish this.

Now for the sprite editors, I draw a blank. (no pun intended) You see, I suck at editing sprites, so you may want to ask someone else, because I realize paint is not the way to go... but I don't know what is.

I am completely truthful about this card!

Until some butface from Huston stole my Emerald.

I'm SMILING... not bitter at all...

and my GBASP... and my Ruby... and my Saphire... and my expansion that holds 3 games at once... that cost a fortune...
Still SMILING!!!

Last edited by Atasco; June 17th, 2008 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here