The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.
Feel like talking about Pokémon manga? Check this out! Want to discuss and share Pokémon music and videos? Click here!

Advertise here

Old May 1st, 2008, 03:05 PM
Storm-DC
Dance Instructor

Advertise here
I already heard some good guesses, but do your best guess in this thread: what will be the names of the 5th generation of Pokémon? Pokémon Black & White? Pokémon Sun & Moon? Pokémon Purple & Orange?

VOTE NADER
Storm - FC: 0902 9251 9186
"I have a dream that my Pokémon will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

~ Martin Luther Kingler on shiny Pokémon
Old May 1st, 2008, 05:44 PM
solopy567
Giga....Drill....BREAKER! !!!!

Well, they are all named after something that exists in real life.
Color named games are past (Blue, Red, Yellow, Green), as well as metal named games (Gold, Silver, Crystal), and also gemstone named games (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald).

So, I think it will be something more sophisticated and they might make G/S/C remakes
Old May 1st, 2008, 06:32 PM
GunSaberSeraph
Durandal of the Devic Era

Nature: Calm
hmm.... Pokemon Quartzite and Zircon? Pokemon Titanium and Platinum? How about..... Pokemon Let's completly forget adding quality and make more Rattata and Pidgey clones version?
Old May 1st, 2008, 06:55 PM
ErickaVolt
Born to kill.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ErickaVolt Send a message via Yahoo to ErickaVolt
Pokemon Opal, Pokemon Metal, Pokemon Dark and Pokemon Light.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 03:17 AM
Storm-DC
Dance Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by solopy567 View Post
Well, they are all named after something that exists in real life.
Color named games are past (Blue, Red, Yellow, Green), as well as metal named games (Gold, Silver, Crystal), and also gemstone named games (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald).

So, I think it will be something more sophisticated and they might make G/S/C remakes
i really don't think they'll remake GSC.. whats the point in making something old if you can make something new? the only reason they re-made kanto was to get all the kanto and johto pokemon to the GBA and DS. why would you even want a remake, the original GSC games are still playable right? i really dare to bet a lot of money on 'no remake of GSC'

VOTE NADER
Storm - FC: 0902 9251 9186
"I have a dream that my Pokémon will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

~ Martin Luther Kingler on shiny Pokémon
Old May 2nd, 2008, 04:33 AM
hothead
Trainer

pokemon Titanium and Platinum are the most realistic they got a good ring to them
Old May 2nd, 2008, 05:08 AM
simplynaruto
Booted out - don't be like me!

I wanna rule out sun/moon cause that is basically G/S. I also wanna rule out black and white cause they could have used it to introduce dark with light pokemon. So titanium/platinum, quartz/amethyst, alluminum/copper, or as a really god one blue/pink. Blue for a boy only adventure and pink for the girl only adventure. Hey thats not bad a boy version of pokemon with all the uber looking pokemon and a girl version for all the sickengly cute pokemon. Except pikachu he stays wih the men.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 05:36 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-DC View Post
i really don't think they'll remake GSC.. whats the point in making something old if you can make something new? the only reason they re-made kanto was to get all the kanto and johto pokemon to the GBA and DS. why would you even want a remake, the original GSC games are still playable right? i really dare to bet a lot of money on 'no remake of GSC'
Hey, if it makes them money, why not? A lot of people have problems with the internal battery in GSC, anyway. Mine's been dead for about a year now...
Old May 2nd, 2008, 05:45 AM
Tater Tot
I used to be popular here~

Nature: Lax
Eh, I'm not betting... Just guessing... I think the jewelry thing is kind of cool, Pokemon Jade? XD Platinum? XD I'm just thinking of jewelry-related stuff. XD
Old May 2nd, 2008, 06:12 AM
Berlitz
The Bewildered Summoner

Nature: Docile
The reason for making GSC would be to ressurect a generation that fans love the most and will always be in their memories with all their graphic-power impressionism . And wow, about Blue/Pink .... That sexist . And why Pikachu stays with the men ? If we go by your logic, he stays in both versions . Just because you're a man ? How selfishly disturbing.

Yours so annoyed ,

Miss Berlitz . < 3
Old May 2nd, 2008, 07:01 AM
El Gofre
I'm Back.

Nature: Quirky
Pokemon marshmallow and pokemon lesbian

Which translates as....

We dont know and we have nothing to base our guesses off of anyway. Nintendo have announced nothing, all they have done is buy out a load of web addresses, for example pokemonopal.com. However these are all minerals and likely to be the third in the 4th gen series, and there are so many to guess from we won't know anyway.
Since evidence points at a jhoto remake, names are likely to be variation of gold and sliver.

Last edited by El Gofre; May 2nd, 2008 at 07:12 AM.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 07:59 AM
Archayos
THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Archayos Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Archayos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlitz View Post
The reason for making GSC would be to ressurect a generation that fans love the most and will always be in their memories with all their graphic-power impressionism . And wow, about Blue/Pink .... That sexist . And why Pikachu stays with the men ? If we go by your logic, he stays in both versions . Just because you're a man ? How selfishly disturbing.

Yours so annoyed ,
Miss Berlitz . < 3
I'm a guy, but I have to agree with Berlitz here. Besides, the "sickeningly cute" pokemon aren't really that strong. And what you need in Pokemon is strong pokemon. Besides, why should gender decide what kind of Pokemon you get? I mean, seriously. A female might want to choose her gender as that and still want uber Pokemon.

Either way, we've really gone off-topic with this. The topic is about names. I think the name will be that of some stone, like always. Perhaps Maleckite and Aluminum or something?
Want your game's name here? PM me!

Quote:
In Mimi's terms: "You're stupid. Go away."
/\ I said that to some random guy pestering me for a resource. :/
Old May 2nd, 2008, 10:55 AM
Moonlit Umbreon
Elusive Within The Shadows

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Moonlit Umbreon
A great name for a new version would be Pokemon Amethyst, It suits well with Diamond and Pearl. But really, who's to say that they'll bring out a new Pokemon generation? We could all be wrong, what if Nintendo decides to stop creating new Pokemon w/ the games simply because they have run out of ideas? My opinion on this is we can't judge because we don't know.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
<3 s i g n a t u r e & i c o n . m a d e . b y . m e

Old May 2nd, 2008, 11:32 AM
Toblerone
Which chocolate is the best?

How about Pokémon Platinum and Onyx.. even though thats a bit over the top!

My (now dead) Pc family:
Old May 2nd, 2008, 12:16 PM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlitz View Post

Yours so annoyed ,

Miss Berlitz . < 3
Did you know, pink used to be a "boys" colour in Victorian times? I watched it on this programme. Colours being for boys or girls is just a social construct. Anyway, isn't Diamond and Pearl pink and blue? Some boys bought Pearl and some girls bought Diamond. I don't really get what you're on about with the Pikachu thing though, I don't think anyone said it should be in one version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archayos View Post
I'm a guy, but I have to agree with Berlitz here. Besides, the "sickeningly cute" pokemon aren't really that strong. And what you need in Pokemon is strong pokemon.
Depends why you play Pokemon. I keep some Pokemon with me not because they're strong, but because I like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toblerone View Post
How about Pokémon Platinum and Onyx.. even though thats a bit over the top!
Yeah, a bit haha. I reckon Platinum could be a name for the 5th gen, though
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:53 PM
J-Rad
In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz

I'd be Pokemon: Don't buy this game becasue we already overdid this franchice to the extreme and more pokemon so we can finaly just kill this franchise because we made a huge mistake releasing 3rd and 4rd gen version

because honestly when 5th gen is released the whole franchise is gonna collaspe..

Quote:
Typhlosion used Solarbeam!
Regirock lost 100% of its health!
Regirock used Rockslide!
Typhlosion lost 101% of its health!
J-Rad's Typhlosion fainted!
Teh_Pie_Knight wins!
This actualy happened to me when battleing my friend...
Shoddy Battle Username: J-Rad
Platinum FC: 1032-7167-9905
Brawl FC: 3780-8949-9239

Old May 2nd, 2008, 02:09 PM
bruom
Wee! Holidays! I'll get a Wii!

Nature: Quiet
in my opinion the new games should be: remakes, extras and new worlds WITH THE 493 POKEMON---no more pokemon. i think its enough, huh?
by the way, about names... what about pokemon opal and topaz? or, for the remakes (lke FR /LG) dusk gold and dawn silver? (ive heard nintendo has already bought the rights over these names)

N=R*.fp.ne.fℓ.fi.fc.L Got that? Drake Equation
Old May 2nd, 2008, 02:54 PM
Mr. Jigglypuff
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Jigglypuff
hmm i'd like pokemon pink featuring jigglypuff:]
realistically... uhh pokemon darkblue could be interesting but i also like the idea of pokemon sun/moon as updated gold/silver games
Old May 4th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Berlitz
The Bewildered Summoner

Nature: Docile
"I'm a boy, but I have to agree with Berlitz here " - What ?

Being a boy or a girl or a transexual doesn't matter . And pokémon don't need to be strong,they need to be what you like, because you can make they strong and unique. As Karen said and I remark as my phisolophy :

"Strong pokémon,weak pokémon . That's onily the selfish perception of people . True champions should win with their favourites. " - Karen, Johto's Elite Four .

You can EV/IV train if you feel the need/like to , or whatsoever , but my Wigglytuff can cause a mental ilness in your Exploud/Sceptile if you wanna know. Doesn't mean that pokémon is cute or strong by what it looks like . If you want the manga , Blues pokémon are all cute and deceive-looking <3, but they're immensly strong and versatille . I follow her lead. (Y)

Still boys mostly dislike Jigglypuffs and many girls do not symphatize with Nidokings .

Oh, the stereotypes of society ....

Yours so amused to see as the world doesn't change ,

Berlitz-ojyou-sama.
Old May 4th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Amp
This is crazy.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to Amp
Good lord, Berlitz. I've never seen so much formatting in my life.

Anyways, on topic, it's gotta be some sort of duality. They could go Pokemon Positive/Negative and work in some sort of magnetic-based legendary Pokemon.
Old May 4th, 2008, 01:46 PM
El Gofre
I'm Back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom ??? View Post
i recon pokemon poo version is next in line.because when do pokemon poo on tv never but on this game they can poo. i got this off my caterpillars they poo alot.
i hope this isn
You really arent funny...

Anywayz
Apparently the next game is set to be announced next week, so we shall see.
Old May 5th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
All Right people, let's use logice.

!st Gen- Color
2nd Gen- Metal
3rd Gen- Gem
4th Gen- Carbon( Diamond is mostly carbon and Pearl is somewhat Biomassive and bio mass must consist of carbon.)
5th- By the recent pattern, 1 and 2 were colorized, 3 and 4 were birthstones, so 5 and 6 must be related in another way.

Which means we can't expect colors and gems anymore.

We can assume it will be sun and moon, has to do with space, but only if gen 6 has to do with time, as if those were deeper meanings into Diamond and Pearl. All we need a new Starters, legends, raries, some newbies, and almost no evos. Without new Pokemon, the anime would have to come up with a new plot other than Pokemon meeting... Which is good so scratch Newbies. I know it's too late early to think of Gen 6 now but somehow with the pattern, it should have something to do with deep space or time.

Unpredictability isn't the only option. I know the anime did this table turn but did the other franchise do that? No. I mean, I've seen people in my early childhood that said it was very predictable Togepi had an Evo (Altough not what they expected since they thought he was "Evil")

I've made some of my point, I'll be back.
Old May 9th, 2008, 11:25 PM
killin_kobra
Pokemon Ruler

Pokemon Topaz/Amethyst sounds good

Topaz's legendary is a Light Gorilla with a flaming sword
Amethyst's legendary is a Dark Basilisk(off harry potter) that engolfes light

Click here to feed me a fruit!
Get your own at Dinomon!
Old May 11th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Burgers Rule
Garchomp want PIE NOW!

Im gonna say Amethyst and Topaz. Topaz is a wierd one but what else?
Luke, I am your father- Darth Vader, The Empire Strikes Back

Hunting for Pie since 1943!

Click below for ultimate happiness!
Happy Land!
In my opinion, signatures hould be funny. Yet I get the distinct feeling I'm not pulling that off...
Old May 11th, 2008, 07:35 AM
El Gofre
I'm Back.

It has been confirmed, the new game is pokemon platinum. There are several threads in the DP section, soon to be the DPP section
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here