The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 5th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid

Advertise here
On the Larva and on the second evolution of the Larva, there are none or little black outlines...:\ Also, on the third Ant Pokemon, its anatomy looks awkward on its body. :\ It looks to jagged and squarish in my opinion. The birds look excellent! I cant see anywhere which could be improved. Well done. :D

Pokémon Aureolin

Old March 5th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

Nature: Relaxed
Thanks a lot. I see what you mean with the ants. I know I won't add black to the larvae, it's transparent so black wouldn't work. As for the ant, I might have to, but I don't know if it'll work or not. I will try and fix up the last form, I see what you mean, perhaps I rushed it too much, for which I apologize.

Support Mega Man getting off the moon and help get Capcom to make Legends 3!
Old March 8th, 2009, 07:22 AM
RyanHoward
Biggest Phillies Fan in Site

this is really junk did you know that pikachu really does turn to raichu and you put the wrong numbers for ledyba etc. tis thread is junk and junk and junk andd junk it is closed

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 8th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Fusktacular Frizzlee
Booted out - don't be like me!

your fakemon are awsome
i love the bug ones
Old March 11th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

Well I have now fixed and finished my first sheet. Next up I'll be reworking my starter Fakemon. I'm still happy to take comment and critique, I will go back and fix things, but I probably won't be uploading any of those changes till much later. So for now, these are the final versions. Also I have made some changes to the ants, due to the fact a good number of people thought they were fireflies.

Old March 11th, 2009, 12:49 PM
SilverTheIronKnight
Enigma Trainer

pretty good, I rly like the ariados evolution

Lucario-Rilo,Aggron-D-Rex,Salamence- Draco,Shiny Gallade-Razor,Deoxys Attack Form,Giratina
Old March 16th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

I'm now attending to the Fakemon of my region. I first did the grass guy, but then later, at school, I had nothing to do. I was doodling, trying to figure out how to fix my very horrible fire starter. I was finally able to conceive and idea, and here it is. So I skipped the grass starter family and did the fire starters, they needed the attention more anyways. They aren't quite the same as the previous ones, but at the same time they are. The new story is that an evil spirit harbors a doll. Eventually the said evil spirit attracts hate and ill willed feelings. This eventually causes the doll to burn. Fire-Fire/ghost-Fire/ghost still. I like this guy a lot better. Also I thought for a moment that perhaps this guys story is too 'brutal' for Pokemon, but hey, Pidgey's eat Caterpie, Houndoom's howl is said to be the grim reaper coming, Dribloom tries to abduct children. I think he fits right in =P.

The one in the top right corner is one with borders. I liked the one without, but I kept that one just to show it off.

I can already see I need to work a little bit more on the transition. My plan right now is to take the middle form, add more flames and stuff, so it's closer to the last stage. Unless people think it's fine the way it is.

Last edited by Jappio; March 16th, 2009 at 12:41 PM.
Old March 16th, 2009, 04:44 PM
BurstX
Some old fart

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to BurstX
wow jappio these look a lot better than your old ones. the improvement is really amazing.
Old March 16th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Hall Of Famer
Born as Hall of Famer

Yeah, the new fakemon look a lot better, please keep it up!

My sites:
Pokemon Mysidia: http://www.pokemonmysidia.com
Poketube: http://www.pokemonmysidia.org
Pokemon HOF Official site: http://pkmnhalloffame.pokemonmysidia.com
Mysidian's board: www.pokemonmysidia.com/forum

Quote:
Women are beautiful for the simple fact they are women.

Old March 20th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Hamako-chan
Our unbreakable bond...

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Hamako-chan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hamako-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Hamako-chan
Wow your newest fakemon looks awesome!

White FC: 2881 2384 3038
Platinum FC: 4082 4798 2423
Old March 27th, 2009, 07:46 AM
DarkTails
Beginning Trainer

You've got some seriously creepy pokemon here, I'm inspired!

I like Venomoth's evolution, it looks dangerous.

The Steel/Ice Rocket-Skate thing is hilarious xD

Also, I like the last badge being the thunderbolt, it makes it seem like you have to fight Zeus himself at the end LOL!
Old March 27th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Southparkerstan
Beggining ROM hacker- mapper

Send a message via AIM to Southparkerstan
Hmm, there's something I don't get. You made all these fakemon, a reigion map, and so many other things for the region, yet from what I understand, you dont have any intention of making a ROM hack. Two different people have asked if they could use these for a hack, but you didn't respond. What I'm getting at is that these fakemon are REALLY good, so good that I think they should be usable in a game. I'd be willing to help you out if you decided to make a rom hack, but if you just want them to be for display, then that's your choice and I won't object.
Old April 5th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

Thanks for the comments guys. Nice to see I'm getting more comments these days.

To answer your questions Southparkerstan, I want them in a hack. Two reasons why I didn't respond to the other ones:

1. I figured requests like using Fakemon for a hack are against some type of rule at the time. I generally ignore people who break rules and stuff. Someone else or a mod will see them, no need for me to get involved.
2. They possibly already sent me a PM or something, and I responded there, instead of here.

At first, I wasn't very willing to give these guys up yet. I always wanted a ROM hack of them, but I don't know anyone willing. I wanted though not only my sprites, Pokemon, and stuff like that. I also want stuff like my story planned, and just a lot of choices. I wanted my things to be a package deal. A lot of requests for my Fakemon are for them alone. I saw my region as a package deal, I didn't want to let people use them unless they wanted it all. Thing is most people want there own ideas. Plenty of people are idea people, story and stuff like that are easy. All they want generally from us spriters are our sprites. I understand that fully, us spriters want our own say in the whole thing too =P. I also didn't want to ask some hacker to just do all my whims, that wouldn't be fair. They are working on it, they deserve their own say.

Another reason is I have a hard time believing people will end up making the hack. Too many attempts I've seen are just dropped, forgotten, and not finished. I don't want oodles of people coming by, borrowing my Fakemon, and then I have my hopes of having them being debuted crushed.

Lately I have been more liberal with usage of my Fakemon though. I've given permission to a few people now. They're no longer a package deal, and I'm not asking for really anything beyond being given credit. If you want use of them, please PM me about them, we can talk more in detail there.

---------------

Well, another sheet done. It has taken me awhile. I have been busy, lazy, and working with other things. I recently pushed hard to force myself to finish these up. I realized something though, I can't continue to do sheets like this. I can't continue to do so many requests. I'm busy with making Fakemon, but more importantly, I'm in charge of making splices for my friend's fighting game. I'm in charge of choosing style, and at least four of the characters.

As far as what I'll be spriting now. I will be making the sprites for the fighting game. Aside from the usual updated sheets I'll be throwing up, I still have updated Fakemon that I will do on the side. I also have probably other random things I'll be making.

As far as splicing. I'll still do them on the side when I get the urge to. Splicing is fun, and I still enjoy it. Don't expect to see it for awhile. It's been now about 2 months since my last sheet, that's seems like a lot to me. I was able to bring 40 out in a year, but this latest one took me 2 months alone. So the next one, don't expect it in a week or anything =P

Last edited by Jappio; April 6th, 2009 at 09:09 AM.
Old April 8th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

Ok, as I've said before, I am now a spriter for a friend's fighting game. I'm in charge of about 4 or 5 characters. I am also in charge of picking a style. Well I've had a tough time in the last two weeks or so picking one. We had a style before that was good and I was able to work out, but the style was too small, wouldn't have worked for us. So now I had to figure something new out. I've chosen a style now, and before going any farther, I needed to get some critique and opinions and comments. Raizou, my character, may not be the best test for a style, he's so large and beefy that it complicates things. I'm not done with this sprite, still shading and stuff to work on. The chain mail on the legs hasn't been designed yet. For the most part though this is my idea on the style. I don't know if it works though, so I need as much help as I can get.

Old April 8th, 2009, 03:35 PM
mangaroll
Teh Great Mangaroll

=o

I love those fakemon.

They make me want to delete all mine and hide them from the public.=p
In a good way.
Old April 13th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

Well I did some more work with the style. I haven't be able still to properly do Raiou, things about him are bothering. I decided I needed to do more than just our large beefy guy, so I quick threw together our smallest character. This little guy is a ninja/samurai, or I forget what exactly. I think my friend has called him a 'Ronin'. I've always pictured him as a ninja though. He is a fox person, he is based on a sonic RP character. His name is Ryu, perhaps some of you may even know the owner of this character.

Now his appearance I'm basing off of older descriptions of the character. I also am not the person in charge of making his sprites. This basically means I won't be doing anything more with the character beyond this point. I merely did him for size reference for the style. I also touched up Raizou some.

Opinions and stuff on the style or how either of the sprites are would be greatly welcomed. I can't say though I'll go and fix Ryu, just because I'm not keeping his sprite.

Old April 14th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Amachi
(。・ω・)ノ゙ Hello, I am Amachi-chan~♪

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall Of Famer View Post
Your new sprites look excellent and I'm sure you can do even better. Keep the good work up, Jappio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedot man View Post
your fakemon are awsome
i love the bug ones
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTheIronKnight View Post
pretty good, I rly like the ariados evolution
Quote:
Originally Posted by KageX View Post
wow jappio these look a lot better than your old ones. the improvement is really amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall Of Famer View Post
Yeah, the new fakemon look a lot better, please keep it up!
:cool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi Senpai View Post
Wow your newest fakemon looks awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangaroll View Post
=o

I love those fakemon.

They make me want to delete all mine and hide them from the public.=p
In a good way.
Cute comments, but it's a shame they lack the constructive criticism that posts in the pixel art section require. In the future, I request that you include it in your posts, for the benefit of the pixel artists.
Old April 15th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

Thanks Amachi, nice to see that there are efforts around here to keep comments constructive, too many sites I visit don't.

Well here is another batch. In the blue shirt we have Bill. Bill is an interesting character. He's the kind of guy who after a match will do a twirl, rip his shirt off, and then rub his nipples... Bill is interesting. He has a guitar as a weapon also, so I think he is cool. I may or may not be doing all of his sprites, depends how fast I do the others.

The next new one is Shun-Yu. I don't know if I have to describe him again, I've done so multiple times... I might as well. He's a Chinese Hopping Vampire, or Jiang Shi. In ways they are more like zombies than vampires though. You can't see it now but in battle you'll have the option to switch between two forms of Shun-Yu, long armed and short armed. This sprite here is short armed. The long arm formed will of course have longer reach, and fight differently. Shun-Yu can lengthen his arms due to rigamortis.

I've made a few touchups to the other two sprites. Raizou is bothering me, so he isn't perfect yet until I get a better grasp on the style I'm using. Ryu I don't care too much for still because I'm not his spriter.

Comments, critique, and whatever highly requested.

Old April 16th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Bhonjo
Sage Mode

Send a message via Yahoo to Bhonjo
you're good at this... i like the #599 and #589 fakemons

Old April 16th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Tunaboy88
Special Beam Cannon!!!!!!!!!!!

Here a Splice I did for no sertan reason

273[3].png

Itz a Mixture of Giglar Seedot ang Poliwag!

My Hack:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=172314
Pokemon DragonBall Z
Edition
My Trainer Card:
Credit to Goodies.

Warm up my Eggs please
(\__/)
(='.'=) This Is Bunny. Copy And Paste Bunny Into
('')_('') Your Signature To Help Him Gain World Domination!!!!
Old April 20th, 2009, 05:15 AM
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

I love how after a mod comes and gives a whole bunch of people warnings, two people just walk in and spam.

Two more people added.

First up is Alexa. She's all bundled up in armor and clothing due to the cold climate she comes from. She wields a claymore in battle. If I remember correctly she also has forms of ice magic and or attacks.

Secondly is Moonblade. He wields a spear. I have not much more to say of the guy due to the fact that I know a lot of tedious facts about the dude, but nothing though I think really describe him to well.

I've also gone and fixed up some of the other guys. What really annoyed me was for the longest time I couldn't figure out how I was going to do Raizou's chainmail. Then while doing Alexa I had to do some. The first pattern/style I tried for it worked beutifully, and I was all "God dang it, how is it I wasn't able to figure something that simple for Raizou!" Then I applied it to Raizou. I updated Ryu. I originally wasn't going to pay so much attention to the little guy, but since people have been so kind to critique him, I figured I might as well update and fix him up.

Old April 28th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

Ok. I've done some more work. With the critique I've gotten (Again, thank you to all who have. Anyone who has given me some critique or just plain out told me I needed work, thank you. I greatly appreciate and it's thanks to you all I've been able to make any improvements so far) I have now fixed up some errors with these. I haven't quite gotten to everything. Ryu has remained fairly unchanged, but I don't care too much about fixing him. Shun-Yu and Raizou are most important to me since I'm actually doing more for them. Raizou I'm getting real happy with, sadly Shun-Yu not as much. Due to a recent decision by his creator, his outfit has changed. That stupid under robe just doesn't look right, but I can't figure how to fix it!

The biggest thing I've done is I've altered the style a bit with them all. I went for as suggested, darker borders and greater contrast. I must say I like it, and it is easier to do due to some colors being less plentiful. I can't say for sure if it's better myself, hence my posting of them. I want to continue to evolve these sprites, so I'm again asking for any critique anyone is giving.

Old April 30th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Dannwe123
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lonely
Nice! The badges look really official.
Old April 30th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

While I'm here I might as well post something. I made an animation. It's just the normal standing pose. I have found that my lack of experience in animation has hampered the quality. I'm not asking for critique on this, just because it's not at my best, I know I can and how I can do better. You're free to comment and critique, I'm just letting you all know it isn't required.

Old May 16th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

Sorry for the long wait with no update. I've been working as much as I can though. I now have an attack started. I'm not going to call it done, or close to it. I know currently it needs plenty of work. I though felt the need to get something made. I plan on improving the sprites and perhaps adding a few frames. I wouldn't mind though some critique or anything. The move I'm showing is one of Raizou few "command" moves. In fighting game terms, I suppose it's called a "623" or as I refer to it as: "shoryuken". It's a simple jab with some advancement. I don't know if I'll be posting animations for more moves, it takes awhile to do sadly. The speeds in the animation are messed, so try and ignore that if possible =P. That lightning doesn't move fast enough when it strikes down.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here