The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 6th, 2009, 01:22 PM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappio View Post
Have a new sprite everyone. This time round I've made the Lazengann. Made him for a different contest. As for Ganon, his contest has yet to have its voting started, so I sadly can't say how well he has done yet.

I really don't know what it's suppose to be but really great job on the coloring and shading of it

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old September 6th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

Nature: Relaxed
Amachi has approved the raffle, just keep thing via PM regarding entries and questions.

Well onto other news, I have a new sprite made. Another character of my friend's. This one is known as Vargas. Vargas is essentially a time mage. Vargas doesn't quite manipulate time in the usual way. Vargas will actually use this power to mimic and copy other people's attacks. That is the basic run down of Vargas.

I also tried to use a different style. The style I was attempting was from a game called Melty Blood. If you have heard of it, it's some random japanese-only fighting game.

Support Mega Man getting off the moon and help get Capcom to make Legends 3!
Old September 12th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Buffalo State College

Quote:
Amachi has approved the raffle, just keep thing via PM regarding entries and questions.

Well onto other news, I have a new sprite made. Another character of my friend's. This one is known as Vargas. Vargas is essentially a time mage. Vargas doesn't quite manipulate time in the usual way. Vargas will actually use this power to mimic and copy other people's attacks. That is the basic run down of Vargas.

I also tried to use a different style. The style I was attempting was from a game called Melty Blood. If you have heard of it, it's some random japanese-only fighting game.

Well now I know what this wonderful shading and great coloring picture this is

TG

Old September 19th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

Thanks for the comment TG

Also it would seem my thread now has more views then any other thread I see around here, I'm even beating the showcase/discussion thread, and it has like 30x the number of posts. I really must have a ton of silent watchers, which is a shame though since getting comments is fun =D

-----------------------

Here is a new splice sheet. I also have some edits on them too. Some interesting stuff this time around in my opinion. Emo birds, polygonal beasts, super heroes, and even the mighty Dai-Gurren Brigade!

As for what's next, since I seem to be back in my old pattern, expect Fakemon. Although I am planning to enter a contest being run by a person who I consider to be the best splicer around. So I will probably be trying to do my best for that over all. So Fakemon sheet or my entry to that contest. Oh also once I get around to it, I plan on uploading a video of me making the Porygon+Ryhdon splice I did. If anyone has interest in seeing such a video, I might be a bit quicker to upload it. If not then it waits till I decide to deal with it.

Last edited by Jappio; September 19th, 2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old September 20th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Buffalo State College

I can't stop laughing at the Lickylicky one its done very well but it looks super funny, and lmao emo Noctowl xD
Bravo! great job with these

TG

Old September 27th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

Time for another random project I might never finish! This time around I've decided to edit Super Mario World sprites into Pokemon. I want to do this to like every sprite in Mario world, so I can donate and let ROM hackers of the Mario World variety to have a new spice to add to their mixes. I don't plan on making one myself due to my laziness of course. I also have a good amount of the concepts for most of the enemies, so I won't be needing suggestions.

Old September 29th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Buffalo State College

Quote:
Time for another random project I might never finish! This time around I've decided to edit Super Mario World sprites into Pokemon. I want to do this to like every sprite in Mario world, so I can donate and let ROM hackers of the Mario World variety to have a new spice to add to their mixes. I don't plan on making one myself due to my laziness of course. I also have a good amount of the concepts for most of the enemies, so I won't be needing suggestions.

Big Boo? Don't you mean Big Gengar lol, either way it looks really amazing. My favorite one is the Big Gengar of course lol

TG

Old September 29th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

The names I put near them are there Super Mario World selves. Big Boo is a type of enemy in Mario World, one that I will be replacing with that Gengar I made.

New dudes made. The speed at which I'm doing this shows promise. Although I fear Mario and Yoshi will be heck of a pain to edit as they have many more frames. Banzai Togekiss was just weird. I'm going to have to try double as hard when I decide to go back to it. The whole thick bordering and weird style that Banzai Bill is in just confused me even more.

Old September 29th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Pikachu-dance!
Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott :)

Nature: Jolly
these are really good well done
Old September 29th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Blue Beedrill
Im Beeeeding you.....

I really like your pixel art but the Gengar/Big Boo shading looks pretty sketchy other then that these latest ones are
really good.

Keep Up The Nice Work Jappio.

Ok I am currently in the making of my Pokémon
website [The Pokémon Station] but I am the only
person working on it for the moment and that’s
OK, but when the forum is up I am going to need
some Moderators and Administrators.
The sort of skills I am looking for

- Forum Management
- Graphic Design
- CSS & HTML
- Friendly, fare, active
- And a love of Pokemon =D

And even better if you have more to offer...
Apply by PM.
Tell me if button works

*The Pokemon Station*
...Coming Soon...
Old September 30th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Giratina55
Trainer

Nature: Mild
OH MY GOD YOU made mario pokemon sprites... *falls down and dies, but doesnt notice she is already in heaven* I LOVE MARIO! :D

uno problemo though. Big boo is suposed to be, king boo, so change the name and give him a king hat. I might be wrong though. i dunno. MAKE BOWSER! :D or waluigi, i like those 2.
Old October 1st, 2009, 08:30 AM
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

The Gengar shading I thought was actually pretty close to Big Boo's, as I actually edited it for the most part. Although perhaps it could just be Gengar's palette that might be screwing something up. It is suppose to be Big Boo, I double checked. They aren't he ones with the crown. King Boo does exist, just not in this Mario game. I will get to Bowser eventually, but not till later probably. Waluigi I'm probably not going to mess with as he isn't in Super Mario World, and I'm not a fan of him myself.

So I have some more dudes and stuff as you can see. For the switch palace blocks I'm not sure which to do. I needed 4 pokeball types, but the 4th I can't decide on. Both Premier and Safari are OK, but they aren't like the others. I might just leave it up to the ROM hacker's choice.

I also have made the sprite for one of the two winners of the raffle. Only six people entered =P. This one requested a Torkoal evolution that as spikes and a scorpion tail. However after showing him the first one, he asked that I remove the spikes along the side. So I have both versions to show off, I hope the winner of them enjoys them. I will get onto the second winner's request as soon as possible.

Old October 1st, 2009, 09:38 AM
GhostlyPhoenix
Beginning Trainer

Haha, those Pokemon you based off of SMW sprites look pretty neat! I especially like how you managed to come up with Gengar by basing it off of a Big Boo.

Oh, and the Torkoal evolved form looks quite cool, as well - I like it how there are several mini-volcanos on his shell.
Old October 8th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

Continuing to make more dudes. Bunch of new stuff. Switch palace blocks I am unsure on which I want to use. I know Great, Ultra, and Master are ones I'm going to do, but I can't pick a 4th. Also have an issue with figuring out those fireballs with eyes, the ones that jump out of lava or just fly around. Magamar is the closest thing to a guy made of afire, although no where near the shape, and makes no sense why he would fly. Mantyke fits a lot better, but less sense to jump out of lava, and doesn't have the appearance of something that you can't kill. I may come up with a 3rd or better pokemon for the job. Slugma perhaps.

Old October 10th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

Wohoo, new Splice =D. Ninetails is kind of me messing around, just mixing around parts on Ninetails and making it look a bit fierce. Again not many requests, only thee of them were. I have Grumpig+Gorebyss, Vulpix+Umbreon, and Walreigh+Doduo+etc all being recorded when I made them, I'll get that uploaded soon probably. Not going to both posting a link this time, just check through my youtube profile to find it.

The bottom five were made for a special competition I entered. I had to make Pokemon related sprites that matched the 5 categories of contests: Beauty, Cool, Tough, Cute, and Smart. It's being run by a guy named Arkeis, a person I consider to be one of the best splicers. I'm a bit nervous about it actually, I hope I do well and get noticed by the guy in some way.

Old October 10th, 2009, 01:30 PM
xxkaylabby
cake the cat
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Wohoo, new Splice =D. Ninetails is kind of me messing around, just mixing around parts on Ninetails and making it look a bit fierce. Again not many requests, only thee of them were. I have Grumpig+Gorebyss, Vulpix+Umbreon, and Walreigh+Doduo+etc all being recorded when I made them, I'll get that uploaded soon probably. Not going to both posting a link this time, just check through my youtube profile to find it.

The bottom five were made for a special competition I entered. I had to make Pokemon related sprites that matched the 5 categories of contests: Beauty, Cool, Tough, Cute, and Smart. It's being run by a guy named Arkeis, a person I consider to be one of the best splicers. I'm a bit nervous about it actually, I hope I do well and get noticed by the guy in some way.

omg,
the bellossom, suddowoodo,surskit,andfrosslass one is too cute!

|Pair|
|Theme|
|My Gallery|
|Friend Code|
|Trade Thread|

Old October 14th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

Ok I finished up some more Fakemon. Sheet 3 is now editted/fixed up. Changes to the Pokedex are being done though, so some Fakemon will be either dropped or added from this point on.

Cherrius and Bloomboom are Grass/Steel. Nothing too different besides the spikes added to the last form.

The second two will be steel. I have to refigure their names since I don't like the last I made for them. I have also cut it's final form, so it's only a double evolution now.

Tips and Stalbits are Rock/Ground. Pretty different final Evolution now. Might be given levitate, I'm not sure.

Oh and other news I decided to do an art trade. Someone wanted me to sprite his fakemon he drew, and in return I hope to get myself a drawing of one of my Fakemon. Here is the Fakemon that a guy by the name of Raelen Solo created and I sprited.

Old October 21st, 2009, 05:38 PM
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

Ok everyone. I've made some progress with the Super Mario World sprites. I've actually begun working on the Mario sprites themselves. Little Mario is in the process of being turned to Pikachu. Good chunk have been done, shouldn't be too many more to go I hope. I though didn't make them in paint, but I am now instead working with in YY-CHR, the program necessary to edit the sprites in Mario World. So to showcase them, I have uploaded a quick video to allow you all to get a glimpse at what I've done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhfHz0o1j40

Old October 24th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Train rides by
current challenge:bug monotype

Nature: Lax
well jappio these are great
Old October 25th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

*Sigh* I see you've come here Train Rides By. I suppose it's due to those links I supplied over on the other site.

More Mario Wolrd sprites. I finished up small Mario/Pikachu. I also did a few more enemies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P-ais1KJcM

Old October 25th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Train rides by
current challenge:bug monotype

Nature: Lax
actuallly no a person on devaint art put up a link and i followed that
Old October 31st, 2009, 08:20 PM
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

Well did some more Fakemon. Not a full sheet yet, but I figured to show off what I have. The Khangaskhan sprite is of course not my doing, but I might consider respriting all Pokemon for the region, including existing ones for my region. C+C and what not highly welcomed.

Kanghun is the baby form of Kangaskhan. Normal type with a gender split evolution.

Battillahun is the male form of a Kangaskhan. Still normal. More emphasis on slashing based attack instead of the pounding type of attacks Kangaskhan uses. I am again unsure if I want to have the pipe or not.

-------------------

Also just to let people know, my front page is now more well organized.

Lastly I will let you all know about a project I plan in the future. To go along with my video tutorials, I think I will also do a little something where I take flawed sprites and fix them, to basically show some common problems and how to fix them. Instead of making the bad sprites on my own, I figured I could just use other peoples. Basically it would be like a video critique of other peoples sprites, with shown methods of how to fix. This means I will need volunteers willing to let me use their sprites, knowing full well I will be critiquing it in front of others, perhaps with a little extra mockery for the sake comedy =P

I don't plan to start this necessarily soon, as I want to do it later when I finally bother to buy myself a mic that isn't built into my laptop and adds an annoying buzzing noise to my videos. So feel free to start PM'ing me any sprites of yours you might like me to do. I won't accept everything, only stuff I know I can fix, and usually not too many that all have the same problem. I will happily give anyone who does credit in the video, or I can keep you anonymous if you so wish. Again, I don't know when I'll start this, but don't expect it like next week =P

Last edited by Jappio; October 31st, 2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old November 10th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

Being bored in a class today, I did some spritings. Decided to randomly sprite a good friend's RP character, Red Ryu. A little fox guy with wind power essentially. Did a bunch at school, final touches at home when I was able to talk to him about some details. I attempted to do him in Disgaea style.

Old November 13th, 2009, 03:08 AM
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

Well, seems my little Ryu sprite was for the most part just a glorified bump. I guess I got like two responses to it, but both being two word responses doesn't really make them feel so substantial. Perhaps something a little more popular than a friend's RP character. I decided I'd just take some requests from some real life friends of mine. Now I won't lie, I did enjoy Yu-Gi-Oh at one time. Well a good friend of mine happens to enjoy the said game still, and requested I do a specific monster. He was smart and picked a monster that back then I liked, and still to this day have a respect for. He is called the Summoned Skull if you don't know or can't tell. I first wanted to do this guy in the M&L3 style, but I can say that I really was just doing my own thing at some point, so I kind of gave up on the goal.

Old November 13th, 2009, 08:10 PM
baileyhamm
is a water Pokemon trainer!

wow...just wow..all those were amazing! you did one heck of a job! My favs were your cosplayer sprites.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here