The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 19th, 2009 (10:23 AM).
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

Nature: Relaxed
First order of business, the thing on the top left is the thing I made for the 2nd winner of my raffle. He requested I do something known as Genesic GaoGaiGar. I didn't know what it was, but google helped out with my understanding of what it looked like.

A couple of requests as usual on here too. Last three are ones I came up with. The sheet in general does seem small, but I didn't get much requests, which is fine.

Support Mega Man getting off the moon and help get Capcom to make Legends 3!
Old November 24th, 2009 (08:34 PM).
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

More Super Poke World sprites done. This time around I showcase off some Raichu sprites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIo5NlgZkWI

Old November 27th, 2009 (08:14 AM).
dooku01
Save the manatees!

Nature: Brave
SWEET DUDE AWESOME REALLY COOL MY FAVORITE IS THE COMBINATION OF RAMPARDOS + GLISCOR + GARCHOMP

Save the manatees OR YOU WILL DIE. Manatees are awesome.
Old November 29th, 2009 (04:30 PM).
Spiffy
Pretty Spiffy, eh?

Nature: Jolly
Splice Sheet 43 is amazing.

I bet you could get it published into some pokemon rpg made by people.
Old December 1st, 2009 (06:08 PM).
Deja Vu
Smug Lord

Nature: Modest
Alright, I'm going to be short and blunt. Let's go newest to oldest.

Your splices are amazing no doubt about it.

Your new Fakemon are fantastic, right down to the shading. (Except for the thing with shields on its arms...my first thought was "Gumby WTF?"

These are the old fakemon I really had some problems with. The tornadoes were just...ugh, must I go into detail? And dear GOD what was that thing that evolved from the torch?

3DS FC: 2681-1167-3593
SoulSilver FC: TBA
Shinies, Legendaries, etc.
Old December 3rd, 2009 (10:19 PM).
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

Thanks for the commenst guys, and Deja Vu, the whole horribleness some of the old Fakemon are is the reason I'm redoing them =P

One update, as I expected, I didn't place in that big competition I was going on about before, the one run by Arkeis. Not sure if anyone cares, but figured I'd mention since I made a big deal about it before.

Ok I just finished a new sprite. This time I decided to take the character Rita Mordio from the game Tales of Vesperia, for 360 and PS3 (PS3 Japan only right now). No particular style or anything. I decided to try doing it boarderless. I did her pose when she casts Indignation in the PS3 version.

Reference picture of character in case if you don't know the genius mage that she is:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/image...3&type=profile

Old December 6th, 2009 (03:38 PM).
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

Ok, with a bit of the comments I did get, I tried fixing some things up. Better hair, few more colors, stuff along those lines.

Old December 8th, 2009 (01:53 AM).
Hybrid Trainer
My Secrecy. My Advantage.

YES JAPPIO!!!!
you get around dont cha!

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old December 12th, 2009 (03:42 AM).
Fox♠
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fox♠
Hey; Although those sprites are indeed nice, we have a seperate, sticky thread here for just fusions & recolours. However since you posted that video with your smw styled raichu I'm gonna ;leave this open. Just a heads up though.
Old December 15th, 2009 (08:44 AM).
RESTART45
I make ideas you make hacks

I was looking thru ur splices and i found raislash to be the exact thing i was looking for. I'm going to make my own version but I'll be sure to give credit.if thats ok with you.

Spoiler:
If you need pokemon made for your hack pc me
Old December 24th, 2009 (09:52 PM).
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

Fox, thanks for pointing out to me that. I hadn't realized such a rule was in effect. I'll make sure to put my splices there from now on. Should I go about removing my splices from my first post?

RESTART, I'm ok if you make a Raichu+Sandslash combination, I don't own the two guys or anything, just greatly adore them.

Well here is something I figured I wouldn't be doing. Theme stuff isn't normally something I like to do. However when a contest I feel like entering requires me to make something christmas related I do. I like to think it's mostly holiday/wintery in feel more than christmas though. If anything could give me a little holiday cheer though, it would be that oh so lovable Kirby. Something about the little puff guy all bundled up like that makes me just feel happy (reminds me also of that one kid in The Christmas Story). Got a King Dedede and MetaKnight to go with so I can have a new sig. Don't go rating it like a sig, because I am not a sig maker, merely a spriter. Also I decided to make a quick avatar to go with it. Looks like I will be all set profile wise till spring =D

Old December 28th, 2009 (12:32 PM).
Melted-Marshmellows
Dat Link to the Past

I like what you've done, but as for the region map, I feel as if the bottom left-hand corner of the map is being wasted. You should at the very least make there be a battle frontier or something there, if not a few more towns/cities. If it's only accessed after you beat the elite 4, then it leaves a place to be explored after you've already explored everything else.

Other than that, great job. I like the Metang/Bastiodon combo. Looks really cool . :D
Old January 6th, 2010 (08:54 AM).
betterthanyouatspriting
Beginning Trainer

Jappio do you have a pe2k or neoseeker account because im sure i've seen that genasoic gaigarr or whatever before!?
Old January 6th, 2010 (02:22 PM).
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

I don't have a pe2k account nor visit the place. I do go to Neoseeker though. If you did see any of my sprites at pe2k though, I'd greatly appreciate if I were told where there.

Old January 8th, 2010 (11:56 AM).
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

Another thing made for a contest. Meant to be a 4th legendary bird, a grass/flying, but it isn't quite majestic enough, which is good since I'll probably be adding it into my region. Based on the Bird of Paradise, which is ironically a plant, and not a bird.

Old January 11th, 2010 (08:17 PM).
altariaking
Needs NO VMs...

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to altariaking
these are good. do you do scratch fakemon requests?
Old January 12th, 2010 (02:49 AM).
·_.U
~Spanish hacker/Wise·Max·Larvi

Nature: Calm
O,o nice gallery, your fakes are very cute
mew+darkrai is my fav :3
Siento que puedo perder-te y solo de pensar-lo muero ♫
Sorry for my bad inglish xD
Old January 18th, 2010 (11:41 AM).
JBW
Beginning Trainer

The splices are amazing, im surprised you've managed to make so many of such a high quality.
Old January 27th, 2010 (03:20 PM).
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

One of my older Fakemon. Redid him for an ancient themed sprite contest. Waiting the results. I recall his name to be Skelegeist, and he is a Rock/Ghost. An animated pile of bones, but the ghost possesing it obviously doesn't know its anatomy.

This was for a contest where I had to sprite a Pokemon using its signature move. Diglette using dig seemed obvious and simple enough. Didn't place to high, but I don't so much mind as I think it's adorable.

Meant for a different contest, however this contest never happened since my opponent decided to not do it. Purpose was to make Mario in the same style as Mega Man Battle Network games.

So yeah, bunch of things that I've had sitting around for a bit now. More stuff has been made in this time, but I'll have those on my next splice sheet. Probably going to try working with a few of my other projects too.

Old January 27th, 2010 (04:01 PM).
altariaking
Needs NO VMs...

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to altariaking
these are good. do you do requests?
Old January 27th, 2010 (10:39 PM).
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

If they were allowed, yes I would. On other sites I take requests on splicing, but this place has a rule against me taking any requests officially. I don't even know if I'd be allowed to say "PM me if you want to make any splice requests" or something.

Old February 8th, 2010 (09:28 PM).
Jappio
Prophet of Lightning

Well I'm sure a good number of you know about the Generation 5 reveal. Pokemon has given us a silhouette of a new Pokemon to be featured in the upcoming movie in Japan. Well I'm sure I'm not the only one to do this, but I've decided to do a little pixel-overing with the silhouette. I've created a Pokemon I feel could be the Pokemon. Of course the chances of me being right are pretty far off. I've also done my absolute best to avoid looking at anyone else who might have already done this. So basically I've seen no one else do this, even though I'm sure there have been people who have. There is a chance that perhaps our ideas will overlap, and I apologize if that may be the case. I assure you though I did not attend to use anyone elses ideas.

Zenrir!

This is the first one I made. My basic idea is that it's wolf like. It's fluffy and has a Ponytail. This one in particular I see as a Dark/Fighting. I think it could be fighting due to it's leg structure and extra large arms. They just feel like features you see on a fighting type. I'm thinking dark due to the movie. If you've seen the trailer for it, you know that Ash meets some weird evil body double of himself. So if this Pokemon who is the "Z" in the movie, there's a chance he is the cause of the dark double self. Also for those that know their Norse Mythology, you know of the demon dog Fenrir. The dog being a child of Loki, the trickster god, probably could have similar shape shifting powers as it's father.

This is my second version. Going off of the Fenrir idea, I go with an icy look. Nordic folk are icy people, and Loki is half frost-giant. I think this one makes a good Ice or Ice/Fighting type. I think Icy/Fight would be totally awesome. I also in general like the colors I used for this one.

This one is more of a joke than anything. My friend and I couldn't help but notice there were a few slight similarities with the Lucario evolution line. I don't think Lucario needs and evolution. Also people who know me, know that I don't even like Lucario, so it is obvious that I don't want to see this to be what actually happens =P. The funny thing is though that since Fenrir is sort of a demon dog, and has a half sister or is the goddess of the dead, it isn't too far off from the whole Anubis thing either...

Old February 8th, 2010 (09:34 PM).
ed00001
Beginning Trainer

I actually thought it would look like a mix of the first and second
Old February 9th, 2010 (04:08 PM).
trinity_pt
Trainer

Yeah i agree with Ed00001
Old February 10th, 2010 (01:28 AM).
Maco
learning the ropes...

Nature: Careful
That relicanth evo looks great, I'd love to see it in-game.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links