The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

View Poll Results: Which matters most in a BF/GF?
Looks. 1 7.14%
Personality. (type of person they are, ect.) 13 92.86%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 20th, 2003, 06:39 PM
Soph
Chasing Arcanine with a spoon XD

Send a message via AIM to Soph Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Soph
Okay when some one talks about their boyfreind or girlifreind or about some one they hve a crush on the first words out of their mouth are usually 'oh, hes so hot!' or 'she's so cute!'

lots of people like some one based mainly on how they look. people judge other on how hot or cute or whatever their boyfreind/girlfreind is. But what about the persons personality? is it really fair to like some oe only for how they look?

My boyfreind is the sweetest guy i have ever known. i couldnt care if he grew horns and a tail, i would like him the same.

and yet, so many people disregard personality and nature of a person in favour of looks. so, what do u think matters most? wouls you rather a hot person whois a jerk or an ungly, but nice person. okay soi its great to have both, but im not asking that, i want to hear what u all think...which matters most, looks or personality...and why?

Thanks to Andy/Arcanine for the great banner above

Last edited by Soph; October 21st, 2003 at 09:19 PM.
Old October 20th, 2003, 07:21 PM
Rift
Let's Venture Onward!

Nature: Jolly
Oh, man by far personallity is the most importent thing! i mean at my school all the "hot" girls are going out with jocks and "popular" people, but i could care less about them! but yeah, trust me being beutiful is not the way to look for a BF/GF!
Old October 20th, 2003, 07:24 PM
Kairi
The Original $staff_title

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kairi
You know most people will say personality simply because it is the "cool" answer. ;p
Old October 20th, 2003, 07:30 PM
Soph

Send a message via AIM to Soph Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Soph
well im hoping people will be honest here. honesty is the best policy and to have a good discussion we need HONEST opinion!

Old October 20th, 2003, 07:33 PM
Kayleigh
Pokémon-de-Superb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi
You know most people will say personality simply because it is the "cool" answer. ;p
Lol, that's true, but I'm going to be honest...

I think looks matter, but personality is what keeps a relationship together. If you've noticed, a lot of famous couples that everyone thought looked 'sooooo cute' together, usually are the ones that end up breaking up? If someone I liked was being rude to me or anyone that I cared about, then they'd be off my list faster than they could apologize. ; I'm not one to tolerate being taken advantage of. So.. to answer your question, personality is the most important to me. Welp, I bet none of that made sense. *shrugs*
Old October 20th, 2003, 07:34 PM
Haruka
Pokémon Coordinator

Send a message via AIM to Haruka Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Haruka
Both... but I don't want to date with a popular boy that picks on unpopular people.

Omigosh, it's the return of Ashley... =o
Friend Codes
Pokemon Battle Revolution: 4381 9024 5685 (Alyssa)
Pokemon Diamond: 1718 9721 5525 (Hikari) (2 win, 2 loss)
Florafield City Gym* is now open!
Gym Statistics: 3 win, 3 loss
*Requires a registration at TCoD and also with the League.
Old October 20th, 2003, 07:36 PM
Soph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayleigh
Lol, that's true, but I'm going to be honest...

I think looks matter, but personality is what keeps a relationship together. If you've noticed, a lot of famous couples that everyone thought looked 'sooooo cute' together, usually are the ones that end up breaking up? If someone I liked was being rude to me or anyone that I cared about, then they'd be off my list faster than they could apologize. ; I'm not one to tolerate being taken advantage of. So.. to answer your question, personality is the most important to me. Welp, I bet none of that made sense. *shrugs*
it made sense! yes...you know i should have also had category for popularity level too, a lot of people like some one cos they are popular! i didnt think of that one.

Old October 20th, 2003, 07:43 PM
Kairi

If I was an smod I'd add that option. Andy can do it later though. ;
Old October 20th, 2003, 07:45 PM
Soph

okies il get him to do that. lets continue the dicussion before we get offtopic about mods, lol.

Old October 20th, 2003, 07:48 PM
Kairi

Well, see the thing is...

If I said "It's looks, I would not even consider a guy who was not hot" Would you not think less of me?

That's why personality gets more votes. o.o;
Old October 20th, 2003, 07:53 PM
Soph

i suppose but you could say you 'woulnt like an ugly guy' so it dont sound so bad....i just hope people ar honest...how about we make a rule no one is allowed to be nasty to anyone about their opinion or thir post gets deleted taht way people can express opinoons without any fear of people opposing them. or being thought less of!

[edit] besides voting is anonymous isnt it? they can vote and not comment, at least then we get the statistics.

Last edited by Soph; October 20th, 2003 at 07:57 PM.
Old October 20th, 2003, 08:31 PM
Hazuki-san
Doesn't exist

I think its the inside that counts. Some people just can't help the way they look. And you may never know what a beautiful person is like, he/she could be sweet on the outside and poison on the inside
Old October 21st, 2003, 02:48 AM
latiosspud
Gym Leader

I can't say I would only go for looks but I can say I wouldn't go out with an ugly girl with a great personality. I need both, so it's double or nothing.

"When you live so close together for a year's time and you stay back and they go and don't come back, I think you suffer worse than they do." -William Procter

Two kinds of people are staying on this beach, the dead and those who are going to die. Now let's get the hell out of here." -Col. George A. Taylor

"You will kill 10 of our men, and we will kill 1 of yours, and in the end it will be you who tire of it." -Ho Chi Minh (Nguyen Tat Thanh)
Old October 21st, 2003, 05:22 AM
Arcanine
There is no "-tina"

Nature: Rash
Ill add to the poll what you want me to add but some one has to tell me what to put.
And I say personallity matters the most.

TwitterMy Anime ListBackloggeryRaptrBrother
My PM box is full so if you really have to PM me send it here.
Old October 21st, 2003, 05:30 AM
Sturm
Kurokoneko

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sturm
I think good looking isn't very important...if you are going loving someone...better pay attention first to see other personality first...if you think his/her personality is suit you then you can love with him/her...me? I prefer...kind and cute...the age doesn't matter...>_<
I want a new toy..oi oi!
Member of C4!(comedians four)
Let the joke take 'em all! -C4
Leader:Sapphire Latios
Elite Four:Sturm, Dakota, Dizzy, Porygon
MemberokeMaster3000
Join my great forums...we might use people like you.
Black_Dragon_Home
My online family:
G-Lance:Brother, Fire Masterister, Kayleigh:Friend, Miyu-chan:Friend Dizzy:Friend, Blaine:Family cat girl, Lord of winter:online and real life big bro, Jedi_Amara:pair up, Sturm:me, Arcanine:friend, StarLightUmbreon:sister,
Old October 21st, 2003, 11:03 AM
Dizzy
My Father is a Baron!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dizzy
Looks , well Both .

Think about it , You have A Nice Looking Girl But she's Shallow , Dippy. But then you have a not so looking nice girl , she's sweet and kind and has a personality.

Both ~~ Theres Lots of Nice Looking Smart Gurls in Tan House.

Please join my fan-club. I have no fans

Old October 21st, 2003, 11:35 AM
jynx
Er.../eh...

Personalityh is more important.

My DA: http://j2y8n2x.deviantart.com
Old October 21st, 2003, 11:43 AM
latiosspud
Gym Leader

I don't really get people with their, "Personality is all you need" becuase then you might as well go for people the same gender as you with a great personality.

"When you live so close together for a year's time and you stay back and they go and don't come back, I think you suffer worse than they do." -William Procter

Two kinds of people are staying on this beach, the dead and those who are going to die. Now let's get the hell out of here." -Col. George A. Taylor

"You will kill 10 of our men, and we will kill 1 of yours, and in the end it will be you who tire of it." -Ho Chi Minh (Nguyen Tat Thanh)
Old October 21st, 2003, 12:35 PM
Timbjerr
Hero of the Blue Flame
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
looks by far...

think of it like this: we've all heard the phrase "Come for the ___, but stay for the ___." To relate to this topic, I would fill in the blanks with "looks" and "personality", respectively. it is the physical beauty of a person that attracts you to her/him, then you want to take the time to get to know thwm a bit, then you decide whether or not you truly like them...

PokéCommunity Veteran Timbjerr

"We're not perfect. Sometimes our brains tell us one thing, while our emotions tell us another. And war... The more we try to avoid it, the worse it is when it comes to us."
Old October 21st, 2003, 12:51 PM
Dizzy
My Father is a Baron!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dizzy
Your right ... Looks Is the Thing that Attracts People the most.

Please join my fan-club. I have no fans

Old October 21st, 2003, 03:14 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbjr
looks by far...

think of it like this: we've all heard the phrase "Come for the ___, but stay for the ___." To relate to this topic, I would fill in the blanks with "looks" and "personality", respectively. it is the physical beauty of a person that attracts you to her/him, then you want to take the time to get to know thwm a bit, then you decide whether or not you truly like them...
completely true... i was going to say that until i saw that you said it already...

and that is why i can make more friends online , where looks cannot be part of the mathematical formula
Old October 21st, 2003, 04:30 PM
Keleri
OMG PENGUINS

Send a message via AIM to Keleri Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Keleri Send a message via Yahoo to Keleri
It's human nature to lust after the 'beautiful' people...but it's dangerous to form a relationship based solely on physical attraction. I believe that personality is extremely important, but it's also nice to have someone you find attractive. I mean, I'm not sure what sort of relationship you could have, even if the person was friendly, brilliant and humourous, if looking at them made you want to throw up. But then again, love is blind. Heh.

Quote:
I don't really get people with their, "Personality is all you need" becuase then you might as well go for people the same gender as you with a great personality.

Must...resist...urge to maim...rising...

In the beginning, there was darkness...from that darkness, the world and its creatures were birthed...we are all children of darkness...

"I want to be the greatest pokémon trainer who ever walked under the sun...or in the darkness."
Old October 21st, 2003, 07:57 PM
Iveechan
based on a paperclip

Send a message via AIM to Iveechan
Lol Keleri... hee hee. Watch out though, this place is full of homophobes.

Anyway...

Personality, but looks are important too. I'm not saying you should strive for the hottest person ever, but someone who looks like a scuzzy rag is hard to find appealing, even if they have a good personality.

Old October 21st, 2003, 09:18 PM
Soph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
Your right ... Looks Is the Thing that Attracts People the most.
No. not right, at least not for everyone.

my boyfreind i have known since we were 4 years old. we used to not get along but as time passed we bacemae freinds. now he is more than that. the point is, i never cared for his looks. okay, so he's cute...but thats not why i originally liked him, its because i knew him for the person he is, sweet, kind, caring, loyal, and a million other great qualities! never looks. so no, what dizzy said is not right...not for everyone.

Old October 21st, 2003, 10:34 PM
Kyosuke
.·Simple Complexity

Nature: Modest
To me, it is somewhat looks, because that is what gets you attracted to the person, but on the other hand, if they have a good personality, you can easily get around on how the person looks until looks don't matter anymore.

After 7 years, Xbox Live is Still Amazing

·!¦[·Latest pieces of Writing·]¦!·
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links