The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 17th, 2008, 04:25 AM
O.G. Duke
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to O.G. Duke

Advertise here
Cool screenshot!
I like the Human vs Human system ( They just looks like Suikoden dueling system ).
And the menu are sweet.
Keep it up with good works!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 17th, 2008, 05:22 AM
mackoo
Trainer

Well when I saw your Human vs Human system, I need to tell that mine is also using the same base - duel mini game, but its something different - I think I've got Pkmn to Human BS . But I'm still working on it so I hope I'll be able to make more different (please do not modify your ) .

Last edited by mackoo; May 17th, 2008 at 05:27 AM.
Old May 17th, 2008, 05:39 AM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

Nature: Relaxed
Ha. Pretty neat feature (the H-v-H system). I'm trying to guess what the dad has to do the with storyline. I was trying to see what the hidden meaning behind the 4th storyline screenshot (in the set you just posted) is. I don't see the player sprite at all in the screen- and judging how the camera is centered- im guessing hes not there. So is it like a cut-scene or is the player listening to that and the message box is just in the way?

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old May 17th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Archayos
THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T

Send a message via AIM to Archayos Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Archayos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Dragon View Post
Ha. Pretty neat feature (the H-v-H system). I'm trying to guess what the dad has to do the with storyline. I was trying to see what the hidden meaning behind the 4th storyline screenshot (in the set you just posted) is. I don't see the player sprite at all in the screen- and judging how the camera is centered- im guessing hes not there. So is it like a cut-scene or is the player listening to that and the message box is just in the way?
I know. I like my HvH feature too! Makes the game a lot more realistic. Ah, and I added you on MSN, Neo. [email protected].

About the fourth screenshot (I always upload each screenshot individually, btw; not as sets. xP), it's the latter. I used the Scroll Map command to Pan the screen upwards, and the message box is blocking the hero's sprite.
Oh, and the second-last screenshot (the one before the 'calling' one) is a VERY important one. Try guessing what significance that has to the story. :3
Want your game's name here? PM me!

Quote:
In Mimi's terms: "You're stupid. Go away."
/\ I said that to some random guy pestering me for a resource. :/
Old May 17th, 2008, 07:34 AM
Vampire://Krimm
→ clocks everywhere →
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vampire://Krimm
Looking good, Twoie.

Human V.S Human idea is a pretty cool idea. Plus I like the look of the city during the H-v-H battle : D

And I'm pretty sure this wasn't mentioned in the introduction, sorry if I'm wrong, but when do you plan on releasing the first demo?
Old May 17th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Archayos

Send a message via AIM to Archayos Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Archayos
The first demo, hmm, I don't really know. Perhaps I'll make it go upto Healnic City; in which case it'll take about another 3 days.

Oh, speaking of which:
IMPORTANT NOTICE:
I won't be around for 11 days, starting from tomorrow; because I'm going for a vacation. In the mean while, Krimm *points at startled Krimm in the corner* will handle the thread. Thank you.

Quote:
Old May 18th, 2008, 04:20 AM
.houndoomed
Trainer

Heh, I was just looking through the first post and then I saw my name and I was like 'WTF' XD

I think I'll give a few of my thoughts on this game now. Well, let's start with the storyline then. This is one of the things that really interests me, and it's a very mysterious one too.. I wonder who those people are?

I'm liking the region map too, the colours and town icons suit the map a lot.

Human to Human battling, huh? That sounds different and exciting at the same time. I'd love to see where this leads too.
I like the way the Gyms are optional too; they can be a pain sometimes when you can't beat them and you're stuck on them for days.

The custom graphics are awesome and the maps are well done. Something I'm not very good at.
Your inner maps are a hundred times better than Nintendo's as well. I think it makes more sense to have them bigger and with more rooms in them. Are you planning on making the outside maps bigger too?

Just one thing that might need a bit of updating - the battle system. It's not bad and I like the textbox, but I think it needs more changing. Maybe a different/custom backround would look better? And maybe you could change the gender icons too, these ones are kind of hard to see.

Anyway, I hope I get a chance to play the demo before I leave, because this game is looking like it has the potential to be one of the best yet.
Old May 18th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Archayos

Glad to see that you commented. Don't worry, the background has been changed. Krimmsy will you keep you occupied with the screenies.

Yes, the story is pretty dark and mysterious. It gets a lot more serious when you come to know the real truth about the screaming voices of a girl behind the locked door in Sildote City.

Also, care to give us some kind of hint as to why you're leaving yet? : D

Quote:
Old May 19th, 2008, 03:59 PM
→ clocks everywhere →
Community Supporter

*sigh*

Of course I am banned from the Internet the day he leaves >_<" So I have the Cerulean Sky project folder, however it won't let me access the game OR the test play. If anyone knows how to fix this, please notify me.

I will try to keep this thread active with goodies, however. This weekend I will post a feature map from the game :3
Old May 20th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Archayos

I love Finland. <3

I mean, seriously. What do I not have here? An indoor Sauna, a Jacuzzi, a Wifi connection, and my laptop. Ah, and the wifi connection is much faster than my normal internet connection. HOWEVER, I can't work on my damnit game 'cuz I can't map with this mouse. I need to get an external one. ><

Screenshots later. :3

Edit: That's weird, Krimmsy. I didn't encrypt it. What error are you getting? Also, is the .rxproj file present?

Quote:

Last edited by Archayos; May 20th, 2008 at 10:21 AM.
Old May 20th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Okay... allow me a moment to be a complete n00b!

Dis is teh aewsomenes!! U Rok!! Ur a god!! Dis is teh bestes gam Id ever seen her!!

Okay... Now onto the serious part of the post...

Okay, I like the premise of this game, having the gyms as a secondary feature was simply a stroke of genius! I've never seen that before (I may just have to steal it...). And the story seems to be an original one when compared with the generic ones most developers go for, though I think it could use a little depth, though that could just be me and me weird ideas of what a 'Plot' entails, as in a novel length storyline... That human vs. human system seems interesting, definately an interesting idea, though I'll have to reserve complete judgment until I play your demo.

All in all I believe your game has good potential, and you could really go somewhere with it, don't give up and good luck!

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old May 20th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Captain Arcane
spoon full o'peanut butter
Community Supporter

Hm, I like this a lot. But you scrapped the day and night idea because you say that your custom tiles are "crappy". I really think you should think that over, you graphics, from what I can tell are very nice. The only problem I see is with the tress.

Overall, they look fine, but the 2 problems I see are the top, and the trunk. The top kinda reminds me of an umbrella, and there isn't too much leaf definition in it either. Now, the trunk is a little scrawny, maybe if you made it a little bigger, or added some root detail. But, the main thing I'd focus on is the top.

Now, this is my first time seeing your game, and from what I can tell, it looks great. I love how you make the main character more involved with the story, like that fight with that grunt. I really hope to see a lot of progress in this, and I hope that you have the determination to complete this game.

Good Luck
Captain Arcane
Old May 21st, 2008, 12:32 AM
Archayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuoaman View Post
Okay... allow me a moment to be a complete n00b!

Dis is teh aewsomenes!! U Rok!! Ur a god!! Dis is teh bestes gam Id ever seen her!!

Okay... Now onto the serious part of the post...

Okay, I like the premise of this game, having the gyms as a secondary feature was simply a stroke of genius! I've never seen that before (I may just have to steal it...). And the story seems to be an original one when compared with the generic ones most developers go for, though I think it could use a little depth, though that could just be me and me weird ideas of what a 'Plot' entails, as in a novel length storyline... That human vs. human system seems interesting, definately an interesting idea, though I'll have to reserve complete judgment until I play your demo.

All in all I believe your game has good potential, and you could really go somewhere with it, don't give up and good luck!
Ah, Yuoaman. I was beginning to think that you left the community, as I haven't seen you post in quite a while. Care to take any guesses at who I am? If not, Krimmsy will explain to you. : D Now, coming to on-topic stuff.

Thanks for the comment about not having the gyms. Like I stated before, I was really, REALLY expecting comments like "OMG NO GYMS OMG DIS GAEM IS NO FUN Y U DO DIS OMG OMG OMGGGGGGGG!111oneoneoneone..."; so I'm happy that I'm getting good comments about it.
I can guarantee you that the plot has depth, but this game is a plot driven one, so giving out spoilers in the thread would really ruin the in-game experience. I've been giving really well-placed clues in the screenshots and threads, though.
The HvH system is pretty awesome too, and I can tell that a lot of people will like it.

Quote:
Hm, I like this a lot. But you scrapped the day and night idea because you say that your custom tiles are "crappy". I really think you should think that over, you graphics, from what I can tell are very nice. The only problem I see is with the tress.

Overall, they look fine, but the 2 problems I see are the top, and the trunk. The top kinda reminds me of an umbrella, and there isn't too much leaf definition in it either. Now, the trunk is a little scrawny, maybe if you made it a little bigger, or added some root detail. But, the main thing I'd focus on is the top.

Now, this is my first time seeing your game, and from what I can tell, it looks great. I love how you make the main character more involved with the story, like that fight with that grunt. I really hope to see a lot of progress in this, and I hope that you have the determination to complete this game.

Good Luck
Captain Arcane
Thanks. Also, about the graphics, you misinterpretated what I meant to say. I'm not saying that the graphics are crappy, but they look VERY bad in the night tint. At least, the colors do. I might get around to changing the tint colors later, but that's not my first priority. There are chances of seeing Day/night in the first demo, though.
Yes, the trees look a bit weird. They looked weird to me when I first put them in too. I'll change them in a bit and put up some new screenies.
Thanks for the positive comments anyway. : D

---------------------

Next update when we hit 40 posts. Keep posting, guys~

Quote:
Old May 21st, 2008, 11:47 AM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Okay... one more post 'til the next update.... Cannot wait!!

And I'm going to go and weasel out of Krimm who you are.... ?Santa????

Suit Up!

Haaave you read my LP?

-dary!
Old May 21st, 2008, 04:53 PM
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded

I didn't realize what you had meant by 'human-to-human' before until last night; wow, that's DEFINITELY original.

Can I borrow that? I've been wanting to do a more realistic Pokemon fangame, and that's about as real as it gets - well, I'll have to elaborate on it a little more for my version, of course, just so it doesn't seem like an exact copy.

If ya want this to be a usable emote, copy & paste to show your support!

Support Amber IDE.......because, seriously, we need an actual Pokemon game engine.

For those who don't know, Nintendo has shut down Pokemon Fusion Generation in a massive case of overreach.
Let's show Nintendo that that ain't acceptable.
Use the hashtag #FreePFG on Twitter, so that one guy's hard work isn't erased.

Feel free to PM me if ya have any questions.
Old May 27th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Okay I know you aren't Santa now... But everything is looking great! Now update Archayos!! Also are you sticking with the same general gym types (like always starting with rock...)?

Suit Up!

Haaave you read my LP?

-dary!
Old May 27th, 2008, 04:48 PM
→ clocks everywhere →
Community Supporter

Yeah Twoie, quit making this people wait! *poke*

He has internet access and should be able to update, but after all he is vacationing so don't give him too hard of a time xP;
Old May 29th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

I know... but he was supposed to update last night.... but he had to leave... NOOOO!!!

Suit Up!

Haaave you read my LP?

-dary!
Old May 29th, 2008, 05:20 PM
O.G. Duke
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Where is it? Archayos? We wanna the update!! ( And the CMS for me, lol ).

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 1st, 2008, 09:28 AM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Archayos... Archayos..... Archayos! ARCHAYOS!!!!

No not there? Well we're still waiting for your update, which I am sure will just be amazing!

Suit Up!

Haaave you read my LP?

-dary!
Old June 1st, 2008, 08:24 PM
Archayos

OK, sorrrryyy for taking so long guys. I just got too busy with vacationing and watching Digimon videos. D:
This won't happen again.

Update: Friday, 30th May 2008

System Related Screenshots:

What?! A new menu system?! O:

The new PokeGear~

Some Battle System Touch Ups! Beta Stages, STILL. xP

Game Play Screenshots

Routes:

Cities:

Healnic City:

A modernized city which was made on an ancient ruin's site. The city, being modern, has an ancient culture. The houses are built with brown bricks and in most cases, with a matching roof top. This city is also the home to Arlia's biggest research lab.
Screens coming soon...

Plot Hints

1. Healnic City has an underground cave which leads to blank dead end. According to the old dialects, the cave was supposedly a portal between two worlds. However, the dialects are written in another language and thus the translation is rough and unfinished. Also, there is no evidence to prove the myth mentioned in the dialect.

2. You encounter the leader of Team Aero in the research lab of the city. He speaks something about an unfinished experiment in the element of water, and that by "combining these powers" the "element of destruction" will be formed.
--x--

...and so you can obviously see why that update took so long. The new list of new features includes:
-New Trees
-Sidestairs
-DP styled front stairs
-Some new character sets
-New Autotiles
-Modifications to the duel system
-Modifications to the battle system
-A whole new menu system
-New animations
-Whole PokeGear system

... and I got a lot of maps done. Mapping Healnic was pretty tough. I'll get in some screenshots once I'm done with the NPCs.

Oh! And one more thing! Credit to OG for the menu graphics. Basically, we had a little deal going. I'll do the coding of the menu while he provides me with the graphics. Both our games are using the same code and same graphics, except that our interfaces are pretty different.

Enjoy the update~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
I didn't realize what you had meant by 'human-to-human' before until last night; wow, that's DEFINITELY original.

Can I borrow that? I've been wanting to do a more realistic Pokemon fangame, and that's about as real as it gets - well, I'll have to elaborate on it a little more for my version, of course, just so it doesn't seem like an exact copy.

Thanks!~
As long as I get adequate credit, I seriously don't mind. Just don't allow people to think that it's your idea; mention somewhere (where people would bother looking) that you got the idea from me. That's all I want, and you can use it. : D

Quote:
Also are you sticking with the same general gym types (like always starting with rock...)?
Definitely not. But I haven't thought of the new types yet, though. Gyms aren't a priority yet. I was thinking of making a new type though. o.O; do you think I should? Not for the gyms or anything like that, just for my new Pokemon. I guess I'll shut up about giving story spoilers now..

Quote:

Last edited by Archayos; June 1st, 2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old June 1st, 2008, 09:38 PM
O.G. Duke
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

AMAZING!! Archayos! Finally updated! Thanks for crediting me^^
Well, the CBS looks GREAT! I like the battle background!! Keep it up!

Old June 1st, 2008, 11:51 PM
Waudby
Pokémon Odyssey!

You will need to credit Kyledove for those stairs tiles. and probably even for the trees that you used to edit.

Other than that looking good. the battle system is looking impressive.

~Credit to Kyledove for the tiles.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 04:39 AM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

Ohhh. Nice menu system. Looks slick. Good job to you and OG on it. Excellent update. Felt like I was waiting awhile for that

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old June 2nd, 2008, 04:40 AM
Archayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaGroudon View Post
AMAZING!! Archayos! Finally updated! Thanks for crediting me
Well, the CBS looks GREAT! I like the battle background!! Keep it up!
Heh. Thanks. I still need to modify the HP bar boxes and stuff like that. It's still in beta stages. :3
But you can see why I took so long to update x3. Sorry for keeping you and everybody else waiting.

Quote:
You will need to credit Kyledove for those stairs tiles. and probably even for the trees that you used to edit.

Other than that looking good. the battle system is looking impressive.
They're kyledove's? I found them on The Spriters Resource and there wasn't anything mentioned. I didn't know; I'll put his name in the credits right about now.
Thanks for the comment about the battle system! Nobody's commented on the new menu or the Pokegear yet, though. -shrug-

EDIT:
Quote:
Ohhh. Nice menu system. Looks slick. Good job to you and OG on it. Excellent update. Felt like I was waiting awhile for that
Woops. Missed that. Our posts came in at the same time. xP;
I'm glad to see that you liked my update. They're well worth the time they take, I guess. Although I wasted days altogether this time. Keeping people waiting is just wrong; I won't do it again.
I'm still trying to fix up one tiny bug in my menu and smoothen out the graphics. I'm not even sure about this design... I might just go with another interface.

---------------------------

I'll be posting some screenies of Healnic City soon. Still trying to think of what the NPCs should say with some kind of co-relation to the story.
Has anybody even bothered to read the plot hints yet? D:

Quote:

Last edited by Archayos; June 2nd, 2008 at 04:46 AM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here