Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General
Reload this Page What would you like to be implemented in generation 5?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Old May 15th, 2008 (11:39 AM).
Pokémon Aureolin
Crystal Tier

Nature: Timid
I dont know if there is a thread like this :\
Anyway, what would you like to be in these gsmes (If nintendo makes them?)
I'd love a feature like in PBR where you get to dress the main character. Also, you should get to pick who you want to be e.g: Red, Gold, Ruby (Brendan), Diamond (Lucas), or the new character. Also, I'd like a feature where you have to feed pokemon. Also the first pokemon in your party follows you like in Pokemon Yellow (Except it could be any pokemon) and if you talk to it, it will tell you what it is feeling. So what would you like to see?
Old May 15th, 2008 (10:14 PM).
Pokemon Ruler

Quote originally posted by Superjub:
Also, I'd like a feature where you have to feed pokemon.
What would happen if you didn't
Also the first pokemon in your party follows you like in Pokemon Yellow (Except it could be any pokemon) and if you talk to it, it will tell you what it is feeling. So what would you like to see?
An onix following you around? Hmmmm...... Intimidating

Anyway they should keep the night/day thing and bring back the Poke'gear. IT ROCKED!! A personal phone would be cool, although that was in the Poke'gear

Click here to feed me a fruit!
Get your own at Dinomon!
Old May 15th, 2008 (10:56 PM).
LOL I'm okay!

Aqua Mudkip: I want the radio and the TV show back. It was EPIC. And so as transportation like airplanes or trains and it needs more action just like R/S/E and some cutscenes like PMD and D/P.

JOIN OPERATION HEAD PIGEONS...
TO BRING BACK INVADER ZIM!
Old May 15th, 2008 (11:05 PM).

I hate to say it but the feeding it will be a stupid idea i think they should keep al of that the same way i would like them to make the game a lot more difficult and i would also like them to involve more evoloutions of old pokemon like torkaol not baby versions and i would like a lot more 3 set evolutions and less 2 evolutions i think the 3 ones are always better and i would also like a bit more of a fire enfluence ulike in diamond and pearland i would like the starters to bit a bit better im not saying the DP ones were bad they were good but i think they could of fixed there move pool a little bit
Old May 16th, 2008 (01:53 PM).
|♜|♞|♝|♛|♚|♝| ♞|♜|

Send a message via AIM to Neosplash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Neosplash
I would like to see more double battles in the hand held games. I think that the double battles from the gamecubby games added alot.
Old May 16th, 2008 (03:58 PM).
Durandal of the Devic Era

Nature: Calm
a tournament-style pokemon league wouldn't be bad. and clothing that increases the stats of your pokemon.
Old May 16th, 2008 (04:03 PM).
Legendary Twilight Master

Location: Used to be on Planet Kenohra; before it vanished for good...
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to World King Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to World King Send a message via Yahoo to World King Send a message via Skype™ to World King
I definitely would like to see the S.S. Anne back. Because on the GS remakes, they would bring the Magnet Train, so for 5th. Gen, the SS Anne.

Leon K. Markowitz

Darkness is strength; symbolizes power
Light is wisdom; represents knowledge
Their combined divinity shall create
The sacred magnificence of Twilight
(Friend Code for Black2)

Last Kingston Alive

Lonely, cold-hearted Twilight Master
On a lifetime journey to fulfill my destiny

To reshape this forgotten, pitiful world
and restore the utopic balance it has long lost
Old May 16th, 2008 (04:54 PM).
Elite Trainer

Alright I want to powerplant to come back, the TV and radio station to come back, and the cell phone with the pokegear thing to come back.
Old May 16th, 2008 (05:06 PM).
<3

Well it would be great to have a:

Phone
Poketch
and a Chibi based on your design
oh and also the time feature
Old May 16th, 2008 (05:45 PM).
Durandal of the Devic Era

Nature: Calm
I want the same feeling of whimsical joy i got when i first played Red. In the end, that would be the best feature of all.
Old May 17th, 2008 (04:46 PM).
Dance Instructor
Gold Tier

in (a part of) the game you should be able to go to the moon and do stuff there.

VOTE NADER
Storm - FC: 0902 9251 9186
"I have a dream that my Pokémon will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

~ Martin Luther Kingler on shiny Pokémon
Old May 17th, 2008 (04:59 PM).
My body is always ready.

Nature: Relaxed
3D GRAPHICS! And a non-tedious and boring boring way to ev train. And an easy way to see iv's and ev's.
Old May 17th, 2008 (05:00 PM).
A Rare Pikachu Lover

Send a message via AIM to PikachuEX Send a message via Skype™ to PikachuEX
What there should be:
Seasons
Customizable characters
Grand Festival
MP3 Player (You would upload them onto the game from your computer)
Laptops (No need for the PCs in the Pokémon Center)
Traveling to other regions
The destruction of Dunsparce
Old May 18th, 2008 (03:34 AM).
Banned

Nature: Hasty
Quote originally posted by PikachuEX:
What there should be:
Seasons
Customizable characters
Grand Festival
MP3 Player (You would upload them onto the game from your computer)
Laptops (No need for the PCs in the Pokémon Center)
Traveling to other regions
The destruction of Dunsparce
Seasons are a must but for the sake of keeping pokemon alive I would say nintendo would keep that for an mmo. eck what am I sayin ninty wont do that so yeah seasons ftw cause it would add depth.
Hhhmmm your own character would be nice but nintendo would have to use a fairly large amount of data so the ow can keep with all the random outcomes.
Your own music is a must and would again add depth to gameplay. And make it strange to see you respond to trainers when you have metallica on 100% volume.
No cause you cant exactly carry a teleport can you?
Yeah and I say it would be sinnoh/???? cause in my head they have to add a whole lot of mount coronet to the south. Mabye a bigger one then sinnohs to hold champ lucas?
No dunsparce will stay and with an evo. I commented on yours cause it was the most intresting.
Now for mine:
1. Pachirisu evo is a must along with a pre-evo of tauros/miltank with gender difference and a dunsparce evo.
2. Everything that made/will make D/P/Pt great.
3. Trainer battles in the sky with bird only pokemon. And anything that floats.
4.Pokemon that follow you but starter only.
5. Ranks with names not stars. Like you ar an uber trainer or a pre-master of pokemon.
6. Like I said the continuation of sinnoh will have to be generation 5.
7. If not bring on the regions above janto/kohto.
Old May 18th, 2008 (10:47 AM).
A Rare Pikachu Lover

Send a message via AIM to PikachuEX Send a message via Skype™ to PikachuEX
Imagine battling the Champion with Hare Hare Yukai playing, lol.

Which Negima! character am I?
Spoiler:

Congrats! you're most like Negi! You are a young, polite English gentlman. Almost everyone loves you! You have the ability to use magic, but you try to keep it a secret. and even though you may be inexperienced at something, you try your hardest to be the best and achive your long time goals
Old May 19th, 2008 (06:45 PM).

Send a message via Yahoo to seel_sweetie
I'd like to have the game more "free play". I'd like more starter choices...i.e. All the starters from all the versions. I'd also like a version of Pokemon Snap included. I also think a choose your journey sort of thing would be cool...pick the region you start in, pick what you want to be (breeder, trainer, coordinator). I'd really like to see a great coordinator section =]
Old May 19th, 2008 (07:07 PM).
I has burritoes! Ajua!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Plasmaniac
No pokemon following you please, that would be cheesy. I'd like to see some more evos, like a ninjask evolution, or a sandslash evolution. Some character customization would be nice, and is perfectly possible. Some pokemon erradication (like dunsparce) would be welcome, but that is just impossible lol. How about the return of Johto? I guess it is bound to happen someday. I'd also like to see a high level challenge at the end of the game, even though it were not that extensive, but how about a lv 90+ sidequest? Now that would rock.
Old May 24th, 2008 (11:46 PM).

I would love...

1) More fire type pokemons (though thats not my fav type, I know there aren't many fire pokemons)
2) Day & Night thing
3) a deeper, mysterious and complicated story
4) seasons (and with each seasons there are different pokemons and events)
5) customize the trainers appearance
6) travel to another region
7) A JYNX EVOLUTION! yup, she's the best
8) side missions (and cool ones, not: take this antidote to my granpa's pokemon or find a lost child in a cave)
9) new enemies with no dum names (rocket, aqua, magma, galactic) and with a true EVIL plan!!! wahahahaha
10) and be able to participate on the pokemon league (but a big one, a really big one)

that's all... for now.
Old May 25th, 2008 (01:45 AM).
I am not pathetic!... Am I?

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Max_Damage39
Quote originally posted by Abe:
new enemies with no dum names (rocket, aqua, magma, galactic) and with a true EVIL plan!!! wahahahaha
What's do dumb about Team Rocket? They're like Smiths Chips: The Original and the Best. (lame I know)

I would love to see the return of Team Rocket. And not just the grunts, I want to see the REAL Team Rocket. Jesse, James and Meowth should make their triumphant return to the game.

Edit: Oh, and the way to initiate battles could be the same as in Pokemon Ranger (you see the Pokemon on the field and can just keep walking if you don't want to battle it).
Old May 25th, 2008 (02:27 AM).
Man of the Sea

Send a message via AIM to DavyJones4our
1. Definitally customization of characters, and don't keep it limited in terms of certain clothing for certain models. That's one thing that pissed me off about PBR, I use the big man (since I, in no way, could truly pass off as one of the children, standing at 6'2'') and it sucks that there's pirate stuff...but only for the girl.

2. Find a way to utilize the items being held by the Pokemon, so that its shown. Like, if they've got the Focus Sash on, then show it tied around their forehead to show that they've actually got the Focus Sash on.

3. Seasons would be interesting and awesome, but I think that's far too much of a hassle to wait until Winter to catch Snorunt or something. Or you need to wait for Spring/Summer to find a damn Cherubi.

4a. More pre-evolutions, and reasons to use them. I like in PBR the baby thing, where it can only be up to lvl. 5 and it must be the most lowest form. Use that kind of system more often in contests and such.

4b. Any and all previously stand-alone Pokemon need to be given a Pre-Evolution. It pissed me off that I couldn't use Lickitung or Tangela once upon a time in the N64's Stadium's baby tourny things, because it needed to have an evolved form. Two generations later, HEY, there's Lickilicky or Tangrowth. Now the psychology of "wait....they CAN evolve...why the hell didn't you let my boys gain entry?", so they could cut out that crap by Pre-Evolutions, that's why I think Roselia getting Budew and Roserade was awesome.

5. As much as MP3s would be awesome, in all reality, it's not all that probable for this current system. I'd say we need to be patient until we can get something stronger than the DS for that.
Old May 25th, 2008 (02:32 AM).
Future Sinnoh Champion

I'm going to base my "wants" on the 5th Generation being on DS (don't know if it will be though)

Visuals
1. Better use of 3D (Since the DS "can" run 64 games perfectly) Give us 3D overworld, with no chibi.
2. Pokemon Stadium 64, style battles, but faster.
3. Some customization choices for the trainer's look.

Long story short, combine Pokemon stadium and Pokemon snaps 3d qualities together with the gameplay from games like Emerald & crystal. (Emerald was like a whole new game compared to Ruby and sapphire, it was brilliant for the "GBA" generation)

Gameplay
1. A good, hard indepth plot that will stop people buying the game "Just" for the sake of Wi-fi (Basically whats happening to D/P)

2. Proper pokemon cries, It's no fun that 3 Generations of pokemon sound like machines when the 4th lot sound more like animals. Pokemon Stadium had proper pokemon sounds, must I remind you of the DS's capabilities!

We all know that Nintendo got lazy with D/P since it is known world wide DS has more power than the 64, since we had awesome 3d Pokemon games like "Snap" and the original Pokemon Stadium, put those qualities to use in a RPG already, we know it can be done.
Old May 25th, 2008 (04:52 AM).
Pokémon Aureolin
Crystal Tier

I just thought of one
They should bring the Pokegear back, that would make the pokemon games much more better in my opinion.
Old May 25th, 2008 (07:03 AM).
Banned

Nature: Hasty
I just thought of one
They should bring the Pokegear back, that would make the pokemon games much more better in my opinion.
We have the watch for that. Oh goodie you got my thinkin juices goin thnx. Anyway um pandas and llamas as pokemon. Thats right pandas and llamas. And mabye an eel.
Old May 25th, 2008 (07:15 AM).
I am not pathetic!... Am I?

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Max_Damage39
Quote originally posted by darkcookie_93:
Anyway um pandas and llamas as pokemon. Thats right pandas and llamas. And mabye an eel.
Isn't Huntail basically an Eel?

Do unto others as they would do unto you, but do it first.

Max_Damage39's PokePet

Rocco the level 76 Heracross!

Old May 25th, 2008 (08:12 AM).

Quote:
Anyway um pandas and llamas as pokemon.
Well, sadly Spinda is a panda but if they make a evolution for spinda, one that actuallly looks a little more like a panda, would be awsome.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links