The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 28th, 2008, 08:43 PM
octillery333

Nature: Naughty
I downloaded the game but I keep getting error messages saying RGSS102E.dll could not be found. What do I do?
Old May 29th, 2008, 03:03 PM
octillery333

Nature: Naughty
I have a couple more questions. What do I do to get past the old guy in Viridian City about the private property and what about the pikachu sitting outside your house? I'm also having problems saving. I get these error messages when I get a key item saying the SE file not found keyitems and when I save my game it says that the game is saved but when i exit the game and go back in the file isn't there anymore
Old May 29th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Hall Of Famer
Born as Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by octillery333 View Post
I have a couple more questions. What do I do to get past the old guy in Viridian City about the private property and what about the pikachu sitting outside your house? I'm also having problems saving. I get these error messages when I get a key item saying the SE file not found keyitems and when I save my game it says that the game is saved but when i exit the game and go back in the file isn't there anymore
You need to do these three things first in order to get past the old man. First, send the oak's parcel back to Prof. Oak and obtain the Pokedex. Second, grab the Townmap from Daisy. And then you have to battle against Gary on Route22. After all these are done, you can walk beside the old man and the teachy TV event begins before you're permitted to advance to Route2 and Viridian Forest.

The Pikachu you said above is another event that happens only after you won the Indigo Conference. You'll advance to the viridian forest and find a younger girl called JAMY being attacked by a Dratini. After you defeat the Dratini, you'll take this girl to Pallet Town where she's supposed to hand a ferry ticket to you so that the journey of Orange Islands will begin. The Pikachu will be taken away by her after this event.

For the saving error and SE file error, well, I don't really know what's wrong with it since there's no this kinds of errors in my game and the others who played this game didn't ever claim the errors before. You may need to redownload the entire file if those errors keep happening.

These are all the tips I can give to you so far, have a good day!

The screenshot of the newly made Fossil Cave is released. Check this pic below to have a deep look at the Fossil cave and the main event:

Besides, the map of Kinnow Island is finished already and you can check the screen shot at the first post to see what it looks like. Have a good day everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
Well, resize using Nearest Neighbor instead. See this screen:

And Poccil had better tell me first if he plans to implement the D/P moves - I'd probably be able to help him
I've already tried your method and it works perfectly! Thank you, dude, this really helps.

Last edited by Hall Of Famer; June 8th, 2008 at 10:18 AM.
Old June 8th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Hall Of Famer
Born as Hall of Famer

Hi, guys!

I've already updated the Pokemon Hall Of Fame Version again and here's the list of major changes:

1. The graphics are made much better and most of the trainer sprites aren't blury any more. You can check the newest screenshot of the Trainer Battle (against a Gentleman) to see this update.

2. The bug of the pallet town has been solved (Previously, the game will be unable to process if the protagonist lose to Rival Gary in his first Battle after receiving the Starter Pokemon). I'm trying to get the Trading event work as well and hopefully I'll get it done in the next release.

3. The maps of Pinkan Island, Deserted (Kabuto Fossil) Island, Kinnow Island and Navel Island are already made. The protagonist will battle against Danny to obtain the third Badge in Orange Islands region. See this screenshot below if you want to know more about the game process:

Last edited by Hall Of Famer; June 8th, 2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old June 8th, 2008, 10:48 PM
elynxer
Also known as Sudtrap

Are you going to increase the level cap with each region? I'd hate to reach max level after the first region or two..
Old June 9th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Hall Of Famer
Born as Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elynxer View Post
Are you going to increase the level cap with each region? I'd hate to reach max level after the first region or two..
Well, it's not likely for you to reach the max level in the first, second and even the third region unless you own only one/two Pokemon or repeatedly battle in places like Indigo Conference. The issue might come in the later regions and I will try to change the level cap at that moment. So don't worry, it won't be a major problem for my game. Have a good day, hope you enjoy the game.
Old June 9th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Ridley
Beware of Meta Ridley!

Hey man, the game is looking great so far! Good job!

Old June 9th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Hall Of Famer
Born as Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
Hey man, the game is looking great so far! Good job!
Well, thank you very much. Btw, the next version will be released a couple of days later with updated scripts, graphics etc. Most of the bugs will then be fixed as well. Have a good day!
Old June 12th, 2008, 09:26 AM
PokemonPlatnum
nomnomnom.

Nature: Sassy
Can't wait for the Next Demo!

Official Forum for a Zelda Engine in RMXP, Sign up now!

--------------------------------------------------------
Update Patch 4 Coming Soon.

Old June 21st, 2008, 09:54 AM
Hall Of Famer
Born as Hall of Famer

Hi, everyone! I've already finished the maps and scripts of the Phantom Ship and Kinnow Islands and the version 1.1 is already made. I'm currently testing this game still and it will take 1-2 days for the next release. I'll list the major changes after the link is given.

Here's the screen shots of the newly made Phantom Ship and the 4th Gym leader battle in Orange Islands Region:

This project is still far from over and I'll begin the new processes after the next release. Please leave feedbacks here if you have interests or doubts on this game. I hope you like my game and have a good day!
Old June 23rd, 2008, 12:53 AM
Hall Of Famer
Born as Hall of Famer

Hi everyone!

I'm glad to announce that the new version 1.1 is now available to play. Check this webpage if you have interests: http://rapidshare.com/files/12452793...Fame_V_1.1.rar
If you don't wish to start the game from Kanto, it's fine to just continue the game I saved previously. The Protagonist Ash has three Pokemon Charizard, Blastoise and Venesaur, all at level 45 in the beginning to start the journey at Valencia Island. (Initially, you have to complete the missions in Kanto and win the Indigo Plateau Conference to reach Orange Islands)

Update list:
1. Added maps and scripts of Mandarin Island North, Lightning Co., Sunburst Island, Crystal Cave, Pinkan Island, Kabuto Fossil Cave, Kinnow Island, Showboat, two Deserted Island, Navel Island, Moro Island, Phantom Ship and the newly made Golden Island.

2. Changed the name input system from the original User-Type screen (Type directly from keyboard) to the Typical Pokemon Game screen (Select words or numbers from the box).

3. Replaced those once-blury trainer sprite by new trainer sprite with the same quality as you see in the original Pokemon Video Game.

4. The battle against Gary in Oak's lab has been changed so that now users are enabled to lose the first battle against the rival.

5. Added new types Mystic, Undead and Holy and modified some Pokemon Moves.

6. The trade events are now available in this game and users can trade Pokemon with some specific game NPCs. (It's still not able to trade Pokemon on-line with other users)

7. Dig and escape rope can be used in Caves and Mounts like Mount. Moon and Rock Tunnel already. It's still unable to use in some specific places like Rocket hideout and Power Plant though.

Last edited by Hall Of Famer; June 23rd, 2008 at 11:58 AM.
Old June 23rd, 2008, 05:21 AM
ryushin5
In College YAY! :3

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to ryushin5
thank goodness about that trainer thing it hurt my eyes when i was playing the beta

hey man i'm playing the new beta how come in the mart in virdian city u can buy a whole bunch of lmasterballs for nothing i mean it has no price it just has 0 on it whats up with that

Last edited by ryushin5; June 23rd, 2008 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 23rd, 2008, 11:01 AM
Hall Of Famer
Born as Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryushin5 View Post
thank goodness about that trainer thing it hurt my eyes when i was playing the beta

hey man i'm playing the new beta how come in the mart in virdian city u can buy a whole bunch of lmasterballs for nothing i mean it has no price it just has 0 on it whats up with that
I see. I used that to test my game and forget to change it back. Thank you very much for your notice. Check this link for this update: http://rapidshare.com/files/12452793...Fame_V_1.1.rar

My sites:
Pokemon Mysidia: http://www.pokemonmysidia.com
Poketube: http://www.pokemonmysidia.org
Pokemon HOF Official site: http://pkmnhalloffame.pokemonmysidia.com
Mysidian's board: www.pokemonmysidia.com/forum

Quote:
Women are beautiful for the simple fact they are women.

Last edited by Hall Of Famer; June 23rd, 2008 at 11:59 AM.
Old June 24th, 2008, 04:58 AM
purepker480
Beginning Trainer

very nice, i might try and use it and see how you make your maps because i am starting to make a pokemon game.
VERY NICE!
Old June 24th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Hall Of Famer
Born as Hall of Famer

After a series of comparisons with the other games I realized that I can't make this game all alone. I'm fine making the maps and scripts but I suck at making graphics. Therefore, I badly need helps from spriters who can help me make better visual effects. Check this help thread if you're interested, thanks:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=143318

Btw, I'm a little bit tired of the low support and unpopularity the game has received so far and it's likely for me to lock this thread if my help request thread still doesn't work. I'm still gonna work on this project though, and if you do have interest in this game, just pm me to get the latest news and updates. Have a good day, everyone!

My sites:

Quote:

Last edited by Hall Of Famer; June 25th, 2008 at 07:00 AM.
Old June 30th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Hall Of Famer
Born as Hall of Famer

Hi, guys. It's been a while since the last update for my game. I'm currently busy doing a sort of things related to my college freshman study and hopefully I'd be back soon with this project. Just as you can see, this game still has some trouble with its graphics and animations and if you have any ideas, please feel free using PM to inform me. I'm still gonna keep an eye on the forum though, have a good day.

My sites:

Quote:

Old June 30th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
Hey man dont quit. I like it. It has no support cause well no one sees potential in it. I mean its a 5 region game and lost world is doing 5-7. So what. I mean yours has 2 regions in a demo already. Finish it get better graphics put features and im sure in no time this will be a top notch game.
Old June 30th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Zeta Patchouli
The Unconscious Wanderer
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
darkcookie_93 is right, this game has lots of potential. You just need to fix up the game a little bit, and it will be great. It's already better then any official pokemon game in my opinion.
Old July 1st, 2008, 12:08 PM
InMooseWeTrust
Jack of All Trades

Nature: Careful
Send a message via ICQ to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via AIM to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Yahoo to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Skype™ to InMooseWeTrust
Will old saves work with new releases?

And I got the game to work. I had a bad RTP installed.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 10:08 PM
Hall Of Famer
Born as Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcookie_93 View Post
Hey man dont quit. I like it. It has no support cause well no one sees potential in it. I mean its a 5 region game and lost world is doing 5-7. So what. I mean yours has 2 regions in a demo already. Finish it get better graphics put features and im sure in no time this will be a top notch game.
I do understand your words, but I don't know how to make this game better if I still get no helps from the others. I can do all the scripting work all alone but the sprites and animations are too much for me. Consequently, I just can't make better graphics by myself and I'm still counting on Poccil to add all the Moves animations to the newest starterkit so that we can use it directly instead of making all the pokemon moves animations by myself. Like I stated before, the visual effect is the main reason to prevent people from supporting and playing my game and now I just get no answer for this issue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubii Naruto View Post
darkcookie_93 is right, this game has lots of potential. You just need to fix up the game a little bit, and it will be great. It's already better then any official pokemon game in my opinion.
Thank you for saying this, I hope I could improve my game like the way I wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InMooseWeTrust View Post
Will old saves work with new releases?

And I got the game to work. I had a bad RTP installed.
I don't really know about this, maybe you can try it by yourself to see whether it works and give me feedbacks. Btw, I appreciate your interest in Pokemon HOF, hope you have a good time playing this game.

My sites:

Quote:

Last edited by Hall Of Famer; July 2nd, 2008 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 3rd, 2008, 09:31 AM
InMooseWeTrust
Jack of All Trades

Nature: Careful
Send a message via ICQ to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via AIM to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Yahoo to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Skype™ to InMooseWeTrust
I restarted the game yesterday after downloading the latest beta. After I'm done playing what you have done so far, I'd like to help you finish it. I see a lot of potential in this game and I definetly do NOT want to see another fangame this good die.
Old July 3rd, 2008, 09:22 PM
Hall Of Famer
Born as Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by InMooseWeTrust View Post
I restarted the game yesterday after downloading the latest beta. After I'm done playing what you have done so far, I'd like to help you finish it. I see a lot of potential in this game and I definetly do NOT want to see another fangame this good die.
Well, it's amazing that you started playing the beta yesterday and finished it already! I do appreciate your interest in this game though it's still far from perfect. You can tell me what you can do and would like to do to help improving this game if you're interested. Btw, I'm gonna implement the new D/P moves into the game in the next release, which may still take a long time to be released. Have a good day!

My sites:

Quote:

Old July 4th, 2008, 03:22 AM
janvandekar
Beginning Trainer

Why can't i play the game? If i click on the .exe file, it opens and disappear immediatly. Can someone help me?
Old July 4th, 2008, 04:38 AM
PokemonPlatnum
nomnomnom.

Nature: Sassy
Hall of Famer,
Good to your game do well,
my game is slowly becoming a distant memory of PC..
And I am thinking of closing it...

The gameplay is awsome all you need is a spriter and the game will rock!

Official Forum for a Zelda Engine in RMXP, Sign up now!

--------------------------------------------------------
Update Patch 4 Coming Soon.

Old July 4th, 2008, 04:40 AM
Hall Of Famer
Born as Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by janvandekar View Post
Why can't i play the game? If i click on the .exe file, it opens and disappear immediatly. Can someone help me?
Do you have your RTP installed properly? Games made by RPG Makers might not be able to play if you don't have RTP or have it damaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonPlatnum View Post
Hall of Famer,
Good to your game do well,
my game is slowly becoming a distant memory of PC..
And I am thinking of closing it...

The gameplay is awsome all you need is a spriter and the game will rock!
Well, I'm sorry to hear that you're thinking about this. I think your game is doing fine since you've already found someone to help you in making your game and your game is popular in Pokemon Epiphany forum, considering I'm still desperately seeking for help from this website. You need to step up and prove to the people on this website that your game is better than most of the others'.

My sites:

Quote:

Last edited by Hall Of Famer; July 4th, 2008 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links