The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #76    
Old July 8th, 2008 (12:32 PM).
Hall Of Famer's Avatar
Hall Of Famer
Born as Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the World of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonPlatnum View Post
Oh..Sorry...
I get annoyed when people don't reply in my thread...
It's fine. It was me who made a mistake first. You shouldn't care so much about whether people reply in your thread and actually you already did a much better job than I. You started the game thread in Mid-June and now you have 40 replies already. I did get 34 after a month but my own posts made up half of those replies. Remember the most important reason why you make this game is to entertain yourself, not to make the other people satisfied.

Btw, you said you don't get someone to help you out but don't you have a spriter already as is stated in your game thread? Inmoosewetrust is a co-mapper and co-scripter for this game project but I may still need some spriter. On the other hand, I'll sometimes post in your game thread to give you as much support as I can. Hope you can hold on and not to give it up if you can't get enough help.
__________________
Yes, I am the founder of Pokemon HOF



My sites:
Pokemon Mysidia: http://www.pokemonmysidia.com
Poketube: http://www.pokemonmysidia.org
Pokemon HOF Official site: http://pkmnhalloffame.pokemonmysidia.com
Mysidian's board: www.pokemonmysidia.com/forum

Quote:
Women are beautiful for the simple fact they are women.


  #77    
Old July 8th, 2008 (12:48 PM).
EJames2100's Avatar
EJames2100
Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Merry Old England
Age: 23
Gender:
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to EJames2100 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EJames2100 Send a message via Skype™ to EJames2100
Yeah I figured out what was wrong, very stupid on my part, I downloaded RPC(I think) and I placed it in a file, i didn't know I the had to find it and install it myself >< Well it works now

Could you make a little control file, what button does what ? it took me a while to figure out how to open and map and it was the same button to cancel as well ?
__________________
  #78    
Old July 8th, 2008 (12:53 PM).
Hall Of Famer's Avatar
Hall Of Famer
Born as Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the World of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJames2100 View Post
Yeah I figured out what was wrong, very stupid on my part, I downloaded RPC(I think) and I placed it in a file, i didn't know I the had to find it and install it myself >< Well it works now

Could you make a little control file, what button does what ? it took me a while to figure out how to open and map and it was the same button to cancel as well ?
It's good to see you get the game going! The control is simple so most of we game makers don't emphasize it. The basic rule is to use up/down/left/right button to move the characters. The enter/space button serves as the button "A" in GBA, while the ESC button is used as the button "B" in GBA. If you register an item like Rod or Bicycle, press the F5 button to get it work. Contact me if you still have some other questions, hope you enjoy playing Pokemon HOF.
__________________
Yes, I am the founder of Pokemon HOF



My sites:
Pokemon Mysidia: http://www.pokemonmysidia.com
Poketube: http://www.pokemonmysidia.org
Pokemon HOF Official site: http://pkmnhalloffame.pokemonmysidia.com
Mysidian's board: www.pokemonmysidia.com/forum

Quote:
Women are beautiful for the simple fact they are women.


  #79    
Old July 8th, 2008 (01:05 PM).
Waudby's Avatar
Waudby
Pokémon Odyssey!
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: England
Age: 23
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall Of Famer View Post
It's good to see you get the game going! The control is simple so most of we game makers don't emphasize it. The basic rule is to use up/down/left/right button to move the characters. The enter/space button serves as the button "A" in GBA, while the ESC button is used as the button "B" in GBA. If you register an item like Rod or Bicycle, press the F5 button to get it work. Contact me if you still have some other questions, hope you enjoy playing Pokemon HOF.
Woah they're weird controls.

Can you not make player chosen controls?

I don't know about RMXP but in sphere I can set up the player to use his own key arrangements just by using the sphere config tool.
__________________

~Credit to Kyledove for the tiles.
  #80    
Old July 8th, 2008 (01:05 PM).
PokemonPlatnum's Avatar
PokemonPlatnum
nomnomnom.
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ireland
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
I made a userbar for you....
__________________

Official Forum for a Zelda Engine in RMXP, Sign up now!

--------------------------------------------------------
Update Patch 4 Coming Soon.

  #81    
Old July 8th, 2008 (01:15 PM).
PokemonPlatnum's Avatar
PokemonPlatnum
nomnomnom.
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ireland
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
And Another...

I'm so generous..lol
__________________

Official Forum for a Zelda Engine in RMXP, Sign up now!

--------------------------------------------------------
Update Patch 4 Coming Soon.

  #82    
Old July 8th, 2008 (01:23 PM).
Hall Of Famer's Avatar
Hall Of Famer
Born as Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the World of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonPlatnum View Post
I made a userbar for you....
You did it? Thank you very much for this and this banner looks perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonPlatnum View Post
And Another...

I'm so generous..lol
Sure you're. Thank you for those nice banners, both our games are made better and better now.
__________________
Yes, I am the founder of Pokemon HOF



My sites:
Pokemon Mysidia: http://www.pokemonmysidia.com
Poketube: http://www.pokemonmysidia.org
Pokemon HOF Official site: http://pkmnhalloffame.pokemonmysidia.com
Mysidian's board: www.pokemonmysidia.com/forum

Quote:
Women are beautiful for the simple fact they are women.


  #83    
Old July 8th, 2008 (01:27 PM).
PokemonPlatnum's Avatar
PokemonPlatnum
nomnomnom.
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ireland
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Yo,HOF what do you resize your screenshots to?
__________________

Official Forum for a Zelda Engine in RMXP, Sign up now!

--------------------------------------------------------
Update Patch 4 Coming Soon.

  #84    
Old July 9th, 2008 (07:37 AM).
Hall Of Famer's Avatar
Hall Of Famer
Born as Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the World of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonPlatnum View Post
Yo,HOF what do you resize your screenshots to?
Hey you like the filestrip style screenshots I made? Well, I simply used paint and resized the picture with Acdsee/Paint.net. I learned this from the other game makers and it's really convenient to do so. It also enables you to edit the picture easily.
__________________
Yes, I am the founder of Pokemon HOF



My sites:
Pokemon Mysidia: http://www.pokemonmysidia.com
Poketube: http://www.pokemonmysidia.org
Pokemon HOF Official site: http://pkmnhalloffame.pokemonmysidia.com
Mysidian's board: www.pokemonmysidia.com/forum

Quote:
Women are beautiful for the simple fact they are women.


  #85    
Old July 9th, 2008 (08:03 AM).
PokemonPlatnum's Avatar
PokemonPlatnum
nomnomnom.
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ireland
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall Of Famer View Post
Hey you like the filestrip style screenshots I made? Well, I simply used paint and resized the picture with Acdsee/Paint.net. I learned this from the other game makers and it's really convenient to do so. It also enables you to edit the picture easily.
But what SIZE widthxheight
Do you like my new trees in my game?
__________________

Official Forum for a Zelda Engine in RMXP, Sign up now!

--------------------------------------------------------
Update Patch 4 Coming Soon.

  #86    
Old July 9th, 2008 (08:15 AM).
Hall Of Famer's Avatar
Hall Of Famer
Born as Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the World of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonPlatnum View Post
But what SIZE widthxheight
Do you like my new trees in my game?
The size was 320 * 240 for each pic so the entire picture should be something like 320x * 480(the reason why I use x here is that the height is not constant but ought to be a multiple of 320). It doesn't matter how large or small it is since the picture will be auto-resized after I upload it onto Photobucket.

Btw, I do like the new trees appeared in your game. This does improve the visual effect in your game(you're a much better artist than I am for sure). But remember, the surroundings should fit the new trees you implemented so you might have to get the D/P style tileset to make it look better. Anyway, your game is already looking pretty good graphically, not like in my game(the graphic sucks indeed in HOF).

Have a good time, dude. Keep working on your project and there'll be more people seeing the potential of your game and join your team.
__________________
Yes, I am the founder of Pokemon HOF



My sites:
Pokemon Mysidia: http://www.pokemonmysidia.com
Poketube: http://www.pokemonmysidia.org
Pokemon HOF Official site: http://pkmnhalloffame.pokemonmysidia.com
Mysidian's board: www.pokemonmysidia.com/forum

Quote:
Women are beautiful for the simple fact they are women.


  #87    
Old July 9th, 2008 (08:18 AM). Edited July 9th, 2008 by PokemonPlatnum.
PokemonPlatnum's Avatar
PokemonPlatnum
nomnomnom.
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ireland
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
I'm pretty bored right now..Do you want a battle system simerlar to mine?
If so what colours?

EDIT:FinishED! you'll recieve a PM shortly..
__________________

Official Forum for a Zelda Engine in RMXP, Sign up now!

--------------------------------------------------------
Update Patch 4 Coming Soon.

  #88    
Old July 9th, 2008 (10:58 AM).
Hall Of Famer's Avatar
Hall Of Famer
Born as Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the World of Fame
Hi, everyone. I'm glad to announce that battle scene has been upgraded to Pokemon D/P style with the help of Pokemon Platinum. Here's the screenshot for a Wild Pokemon Battle. Further update will come after my work for today and hopefully I'll release more screenshots for this project later on.




Thanks again, Platinum. You're an awesome game maker!
__________________
Yes, I am the founder of Pokemon HOF



My sites:
Pokemon Mysidia: http://www.pokemonmysidia.com
Poketube: http://www.pokemonmysidia.org
Pokemon HOF Official site: http://pkmnhalloffame.pokemonmysidia.com
Mysidian's board: www.pokemonmysidia.com/forum

Quote:
Women are beautiful for the simple fact they are women.


  #89    
Old July 9th, 2008 (11:03 AM).
Wichu's Avatar
Wichu
Project Amethyst
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North Herts, England
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
The thing I dislike about those particular graphics is that the opponent's data box is just floating there... Shouldn't it be attached to the edge, like the player's?
__________________
  #90    
Old July 9th, 2008 (11:11 AM).
PokemonPlatnum's Avatar
PokemonPlatnum
nomnomnom.
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ireland
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
The thing I dislike about those particular graphics is that the opponent's data box is just floating there... Shouldn't it be attached to the edge, like the player's?
Why Should it?
I really Don't think so...
__________________

Official Forum for a Zelda Engine in RMXP, Sign up now!

--------------------------------------------------------
Update Patch 4 Coming Soon.

  #91    
Old July 9th, 2008 (11:58 AM).
InMooseWeTrust's Avatar
InMooseWeTrust
Jack of All Trades
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Send a message via ICQ to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via AIM to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Yahoo to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Skype™ to InMooseWeTrust
The application form is in the spoiler. PM it to InMooseWeTrust or Hall Of Famer. We will consider all applications.

Spoiler:
Pokemon Hall of Fame Application Form

The goal of the Pokemon Hall of Fame staff is to make a Pokemon game that is the best it can possibly be, offering diehard fans a sense of classic nostalgia while still providing countless challenges and surprises in a Pokemon game that will offer all fans the most enjoyable gaming experience possible.

We have a lot of big plans for this game, but we can't do it without your help. That's why we thank you for your interest in being part of our family.

Username:
Real Name:
Age:
Sex:
Location: (city, state/provice, country)

Desired Position: (anything you have to offer, we might accept)
Previous Experience: (will accept newbies if you're dedicated enough)
Email address:
Instant Messenger ID: (Must be AIM because that's what we're using)

Describe Yourself: (we want to get to know you as a person)

We thank you for your interest and one of us will get back to you shortly to tell you if you have been accepted in the team or not. Even if we don't accept you, you can wait a month and apply again.


We need a lot of help right now so we may or may not accept ANY idea you have to offer. Please consider applying if you're interested; we need you.
__________________
Pokémon: Battles of the Past
Site Thread
Black2 FC: 5072 6059 9635
  #92    
Old July 9th, 2008 (12:01 PM).
PokemonPlatnum's Avatar
PokemonPlatnum
nomnomnom.
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ireland
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by InMooseWeTrust View Post
The application form is in the spoiler. PM it to InMooseWeTrust or Hall Of Famer. We will consider all applications.

Spoiler:
Pokemon Hall of Fame Application Form

The goal of the Pokemon Hall of Fame staff is to make a Pokemon game that is the best it can possibly be, offering diehard fans a sense of classic nostalgia while still providing countless challenges and surprises in a Pokemon game that will offer all fans the most enjoyable gaming experience possible.

We have a lot of big plans for this game, but we can't do it without your help. That's why we thank you for your interest in being part of our family.

Username:
Real Name:
Age:
Sex:
Location: (city, state/provice, country)

Desired Position: (anything you have to offer, we might accept)
Previous Experience: (will accept newbies if you're dedicated enough)
Email address:
Instant Messenger ID: (Must be AIM because that's what we're using)

Describe Yourself: (we want to get to know you as a person)

We thank you for your interest and one of us will get back to you shortly to tell you if you have been accepted in the team or not. Even if we don't accept you, you can wait a month and apply again.


We need a lot of help right now so we may or may not accept ANY idea you have to offer. Please consider applying if you're interested; we need you.
What is for is it just for someone or general?
__________________

Official Forum for a Zelda Engine in RMXP, Sign up now!

--------------------------------------------------------
Update Patch 4 Coming Soon.

  #93    
Old July 9th, 2008 (12:37 PM).
InMooseWeTrust's Avatar
InMooseWeTrust
Jack of All Trades
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Send a message via ICQ to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via AIM to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Yahoo to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Skype™ to InMooseWeTrust
It's for anyone who wants to help out.
__________________
Pokémon: Battles of the Past
Site Thread
Black2 FC: 5072 6059 9635
  #94    
Old July 10th, 2008 (03:22 AM).
PokemonPlatnum's Avatar
PokemonPlatnum
nomnomnom.
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ireland
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Post
shinylugia249 who implemented the D/P style graphics.
What did he implement tilesets?Windowskins?
__________________

Official Forum for a Zelda Engine in RMXP, Sign up now!

--------------------------------------------------------
Update Patch 4 Coming Soon.

  #95    
Old July 10th, 2008 (03:26 AM).
Hall Of Famer's Avatar
Hall Of Famer
Born as Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the World of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonPlatnum View Post
What did he implement tilesets?Windowskins?
Well, shinylugia249 didn't actually do that but I received a PM from him yesterday. He claimed that if I credit him in my game thread then he'll send the other D/P battle graphics(like the battle in cave or ocean) to me when he has them finished. That's the reason why I have special thanks to him in my game thread.
__________________
Yes, I am the founder of Pokemon HOF



My sites:
Pokemon Mysidia: http://www.pokemonmysidia.com
Poketube: http://www.pokemonmysidia.org
Pokemon HOF Official site: http://pkmnhalloffame.pokemonmysidia.com
Mysidian's board: www.pokemonmysidia.com/forum

Quote:
Women are beautiful for the simple fact they are women.


  #96    
Old July 10th, 2008 (03:28 AM).
PokemonPlatnum's Avatar
PokemonPlatnum
nomnomnom.
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ireland
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall Of Famer View Post
Well, shinylugia249 didn't actually do that but I received a PM from him yesterday. He claimed that if I credit him in my game thread then he'll send the other D/P battle graphics(like the battle in cave or ocean) to me when he has them finished. That's the reason why I have special thanks to him in my game thread.
Oh...I hope your enjoying the battle graphics it only took me 5 minutes lol...
__________________

Official Forum for a Zelda Engine in RMXP, Sign up now!

--------------------------------------------------------
Update Patch 4 Coming Soon.

  #97    
Old July 10th, 2008 (03:31 AM).
Hall Of Famer's Avatar
Hall Of Famer
Born as Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the World of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonPlatnum View Post
Oh...I hope your enjoying the battle graphics it only took me 5 minutes lol...
Thank you very much for this. Like I said before, you're a way better artist than I and hopefully that Pokemon Dark version game can be more popular with your recent works.
__________________
Yes, I am the founder of Pokemon HOF



My sites:
Pokemon Mysidia: http://www.pokemonmysidia.com
Poketube: http://www.pokemonmysidia.org
Pokemon HOF Official site: http://pkmnhalloffame.pokemonmysidia.com
Mysidian's board: www.pokemonmysidia.com/forum

Quote:
Women are beautiful for the simple fact they are women.


  #98    
Old July 10th, 2008 (05:11 AM).
elynxer
Also known as Sudtrap
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Someplace that doesn't have many swords
Hey Hall of Famer! I've been watching your game thread for a while, and I'm quite impressed~!
You should get an e-mail from someone called Sudtrap(My usual online alias. I was talking to my friend when I made this account, and randomly impersenated him..)...
Anyway. I can help you with making some of those sprites, although I still have my own project to worry about. (I don't want to be a main spriter or anything. I just wanna help.)

If that makes any sense. Oh well.

EDIT: Oops. I forgot to mention. I sent that e-mail to the yahoo account you mentioned a couple posts up.
  #99    
Old July 10th, 2008 (05:48 AM). Edited July 10th, 2008 by Hall Of Famer.
Hall Of Famer's Avatar
Hall Of Famer
Born as Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the World of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by elynxer View Post
Hey Hall of Famer! I've been watching your game thread for a while, and I'm quite impressed~!
You should get an e-mail from someone called Sudtrap(My usual online alias. I was talking to my friend when I made this account, and randomly impersenated him..)...
Anyway. I can help you with making some of those sprites, although I still have my own project to worry about. (I don't want to be a main spriter or anything. I just wanna help.)

If that makes any sense. Oh well.

EDIT: Oops. I forgot to mention. I sent that e-mail to the yahoo account you mentioned a couple posts up.
I appreciate your interest in this fan game very much. I've already replied an e-mail back and hopefully you will accept my little request for the sprite issue.

Update: The Murcott Island has been made in my game and it has a safari-zone just like Fuchsia City(the name is called Satsuma Wildlife Refuge in this game and almost all kinds of Bug Pokemon can be caught in there). See the screenshot in the front page to see the newly made Murcott Island and the appearance of Satsuma. More screenshots will be given when I finish the deserted island in the south of Murcott Island. Have a good day everyone, hope u enjoy playing this fan game!
__________________
Yes, I am the founder of Pokemon HOF



My sites:
Pokemon Mysidia: http://www.pokemonmysidia.com
Poketube: http://www.pokemonmysidia.org
Pokemon HOF Official site: http://pkmnhalloffame.pokemonmysidia.com
Mysidian's board: www.pokemonmysidia.com/forum

Quote:
Women are beautiful for the simple fact they are women.


  #100    
Old July 11th, 2008 (03:38 AM).
PokemonPlatnum's Avatar
PokemonPlatnum
nomnomnom.
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ireland
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Hall of Famer how long have you been working on your game?
__________________

Official Forum for a Zelda Engine in RMXP, Sign up now!

--------------------------------------------------------
Update Patch 4 Coming Soon.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 07:40 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.