Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub > The Team Room Archive
Reload this Page Help recruitment thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

The Team Room Archive
The Team Room is now closed—no new posts can be made at this point. This forum will no longer be visible from the end of the month, but remains accessible by the URL.
Original description: Team up, start a formation of dedicated hackers and helpers. Here, you can discuss production of hacks with other groups, or make your own hacking group (through approval processes).

Old May 5th, 2010 (05:50 PM). Edited May 14th, 2010 by pringles_king.

Hack name: Pokemon: Citrus orange

Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: Will take place in the Orange Islands. Face the Indigo Plateau. (Will make a water route to get there!) then Journey in the Johto Region! (wont include kanto though ) afterwards i will include the Mt. Silver battle but it will be gary (im too lazy to change the hero from Red)Finished percentage:
Almost 0-1%

Your hacking skills: Fairly ok mapper. Decent Scripter but nothing in tile insertion and whatever

What help or skill you're looking for:
Pro Mapper
Advanced Scripter
Title screen editor
Person Sprite editor
and Most of all
World map editor!!!!!

Additional contact information:
Just Visitors Message or PM

Additional information:
Visitors Message or Pm me if interested

anyone who helps will receive 100% credit for what they did in this
EX: All Credit goes to [name] for the Scripting!
Shoot me a pm
Old May 6th, 2010 (06:59 AM).
is for the lulz.

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Yahoo to ForTheLulz
Hack name: Pokemon Equilibrium

Hack of: Most likely Fire Red

Additional information about the hack:
I plan to put about 150 Fakemon, kinda like Pokemon Quartz, but better. Seriously better.

Finished percentage: 1-2%, starting with the map already

Your hacking skills: OK Mapper, Storyline Editor, Pokemon data editing (just need a working app for it)

Somebody who can help me refine the storyline
Spriting (Overworlds and Fakemons)
Scripting (Above average scripters; I'll specify what the scripts should do)
*not really necessary, but music inserting would be nice

Additional contact information: Just PM me with some proof of your work. If I approve, then I'd give out my e-mail ad.

Additional information: I plan to learn all the skills as I go along with the hack, so it would help if you could teach me along the way :D And I'd really like it if you can make suggestions as we go through the hack; it's as much as your hack as it is mine.
====
Loop
Old May 6th, 2010 (09:11 AM).
Pokémon Pixel Trainer

Hack name:
Pokemon World (TBC)

Hack of:
Pokemon Leaf Green

This hack has spawn from my hatred of linear games. I hate how you have to follow a single storyline or a single route to get to the end. Yes, in pokemon you can variate from the goal here and there but in the end its one long line.

In this hack, there will be one huge map - a world of pokemon. Instead of unlocking the next area, or going route after route, the whole map is one big grid with each side accessible. You are able to go from one end to the other without any badges, give or take, and the level of the pokemon will raise the closer you get to the edges, and the further you go in certain puzzle-like areas.

I am hoping to have several story lines you can progress on each at once. Somewhat like a quest system for each badge. Obviously some villains, a rival, maybe some family conflict in there somewhere. Still a lot to decide.

The map will have several locations that have each their own story. Volcano, caves, lakes, forests, brickworks, power plant, windmill, graveyard, dojo, etc.

Finished percentage:
1% - Map, concept, basis.

Your hacking skills:
Professional spriter
Novice scripter

Storyline(s) writers
Able scripters
Map creators
Tile/pallet insertion - skilled or higher
Puzzle lovers/creators
Professional spriters if you think you can keep up

Email: [email protected]
MSN: [email protected]
irc - server: irc.toribash.com:6667 #monobi

Additional information:
Also looking for a team, so if you wish to recruit me and adopt my idea, that would be perfect.
Also have the very stupid idea of making this multiplayer. That is... years away. But hopes remain!
Old May 6th, 2010 (06:20 PM).
Creator of the Alphanigma Saga

Hack name: Pokemon Alpha

Hack of: Pokemon Gold

Additional information about the hack: Story is: You live in south Bilope. You are working for Professor Pine and are called for your final exam to become a professors aide. You go get your first pokemon and must explore a cave in your town involving a puzzle (ruins of alph kabuto puzzle). Once you complete it you fall into a pit leading into a cave. As you go down you reemerge in Calcon.

Finished percentage: Like 5% (about 15% mapping, but not much else)

Your hacking skills: Mapping, OW editing, editing the intro.

What I need (in order of importance):
Text editor
Trainer editor
Titlescreen editor
Scripter
Pokemon inserter
Music inserter

Email or PM [email protected]

Additional information:
The hack has several different types of maps (like a GS version of Pacifidlog Town)
anyone who helps will receive 100% credit for what they did in this hack. If you want to help, I have a topic in the team forum called team alpha, or just PM/email me.

What people say when a new game comes out: Why dont we widen our range by hacking the new game?

What they mean: Lets abandon knowledge and tools on things we know, purge previous gen hacking, and start a new field that we probably wont master.

For this reason, New pokemon games make me die inside just a little.

95% of all Pokemon hacks are of the 3rd Generation, majority of them being FireRed, if you believe that the 2nd generation should be hacked more often, copy and paste this into your signature.

Charlie R/G/E/D
Old May 7th, 2010 (01:59 PM). Edited May 7th, 2010 by Pokegeek1999.
the frind code is for b/w

Nature: Lax

Hack name:pokemon white

Hack of:pokemon emerald

Additional information about the hack:new reigon called zaen (pronounced zei-an) play as a rooky trainer

Finished percentage:87% about

your hacking skills:veary good at mapping and pokemon editing

What help or skill you're looking for:pretty much evrything else mostly scripting

Additional information:

please anser quickly
Old May 7th, 2010 (02:19 PM). Edited May 10th, 2010 by violentiris777.

Well, I've tried to recruit help a bit in the Progressing Hacks thread I've got for my hack, but it's not going so well. I decided to come here to take another shot. :D

Hack name: Pokemon: The New World

Hack of: FireRed

Additional information about the hack: If you'd like, just go to my thread right here. I'll give a brief rundown here, though: this hack is going to be based on Earth. Your father takes you out to get your first Pokemon at a shop, and it's just dandy. There's a lot more that I'll tell you about if you join the team, but my favorite thing about games is not knowing exactly what's going to happen - I'm sure that some share my opinion.

Finished percentage: Maybe 1% on the maps; this world is going to be just enormous. I'm about 20% done with all of the text that should be inserted, and everything else is kinda out of my hands atm.

Your Hacking Skills: I've gotten great results for my recent maps, so I guess I'm good at that. I've also got a knack for coming up with unexpected twists, as well as making everything grammatically correct, so beta testing is only necessary maybe later on. Lastly, I'm pretty much a stud with music, so all of the music in the hack will be done by me.

What help or skill you're looking for: I need help with several things but instead of throwing out a big "eVEryFiNg lolz 1!1!!!111!" I'll give a list:

- Scripting
- Palette/Tile Editor
- Sprite Editor
- Overworld Editor

That's honestly about it. If you have any talent whatsoever at any of these positions, please contact me with proof of work, and it'll be awesome to see where it goes.

Additional contact information: Contact me via PM or at the e-mail [email protected]. :D Thanks anyone, anyone whosoever that decides to help! It's a cool idea that would be even more amazing to get off the ground.

Auf Wiedersehen!
Old May 7th, 2010 (02:24 PM).
the frind code is for b/w

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by monobi:
Hack name:
Pokemon World (TBC)

Hack of:
Pokemon Leaf Green

This hack has spawn from my hatred of linear games. I hate how you have to follow a single storyline or a single route to get to the end. Yes, in pokemon you can variate from the goal here and there but in the end its one long line.

In this hack, there will be one huge map - a world of pokemon. Instead of unlocking the next area, or going route after route, the whole map is one big grid with each side accessible. You are able to go from one end to the other without any badges, give or take, and the level of the pokemon will raise the closer you get to the edges, and the further you go in certain puzzle-like areas.

I am hoping to have several story lines you can progress on each at once. Somewhat like a quest system for each badge. Obviously some villains, a rival, maybe some family conflict in there somewhere. Still a lot to decide.

The map will have several locations that have each their own story. Volcano, caves, lakes, forests, brickworks, power plant, windmill, graveyard, dojo, etc.

Finished percentage:
1% - Map, concept, basis.

Your hacking skills:
Professional spriter
Novice scripter

Storyline(s) writers
Able scripters
Map creators
Tile/pallet insertion - skilled or higher
Puzzle lovers/creators
Professional spriters if you think you can keep up

Email: [email protected]
MSN: [email protected]
irc - server: irc.toribash.com:6667 #monobi

Additional information:
Also looking for a team, so if you wish to recruit me and adopt my idea, that would be perfect.
Also have the very stupid idea of making this multiplayer. That is... years away. But hopes remain!
i want to help you with your pokemon world game i am skilled mapper and and i love puzles i cant do any of the other stuff though
Old May 7th, 2010 (04:46 PM).
Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!

Nature: Hardy
Hack name: TBA ( i'm having a hard time doing this by my self...)

Hack of: Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: The manga of pokemon; with some sinnoh friends to

Finished percentage: 0.5 %

My hacking skills: UNLZ User

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripting, mapping, and pretty much everything else...

Additional contact information: my e-mail is [email protected]

Additional information: I will be putting a Youtube video up about my hack; my account name is, "MrPokemonmasterbx"
Old May 8th, 2010 (08:19 AM).
N00bish Pokémon Hacker

Nature: Relaxed
Hack name: Pokémon Aqua

Hack of:
Pokémon Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: Planning to have the hero be a member of team aqua and try to flood the world

Finished percentage:~3%

Your hacking skills: Title screen, Palette Editing, Unlz-GBA-ing

What help or skill you're looking for: Mapping, Scripting, Spriting

Additional contact information: PM

Additional information: PM me if interested

POKEMON AQUA CO
MING SOON TO A FORUM NEAR YOU!

Old May 9th, 2010 (03:25 PM). Edited May 9th, 2010 by The_Talking_Shellder.

Nature: Adamant
Hack name: Pokémon Aquamarine

Hack of: Pokémon FireRed

Additional information about the hack: Set in an oceanic island chain region planned to feature HM08 Dive heavily.

Finished percentage: 1% -- Region geography is planned, basic town map structure is laid out, gym leader concepts ~40% complete.

My hacking skills: Mapping, title screen editing, spriting.

What help or skill I'm looking for: Scripting, music hacking, mapping, spriting.

Additional contact information: Personal messaging.

Additional information: I'm new to the hacking scene, but I'm decent with Advance Map and title screen swapping. I just need some help getting this up off the ground.
Old May 15th, 2010 (12:52 PM). Edited May 18th, 2010 by PEPITO1O1O.
~Saïx~

Nature: Calm
Send a message via AIM to PEPITO1O1O
Edit:

Hack name: Pokemon Guardian Legends: Pyro

Hack of: Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: This is my first hack, and it revolves around charizard, and vaporeon, jolteon, and flareon. I would like some pokemon from the 2nd gen to be featured, but only a few. I want mostly to be only first gen. You will not need to trade pokemon so that they can evolve (gengar for example) there will be other methods.

Finished percentage: 0%

Your hacking skills: Grammer (no i can't script), story, ideas, mapping but not good.

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripter (advanced), Item Changer (change what an item does), Mapper, Beggining Animation (from when the game turns on all the way until you click 'START'), Spriter, Idea Person, Beta Tester, Music inserter (i already have the actual music), puzzle creator, sprite inseter, tile maker, tile inserter, scripter that now how to make a pokemon in your party follow you. Someone who knows how to make the game go from night to day. I believe that is all, but if there is something that you can do and it is not up there, PM me.

Additional contact information: If you wish to contact me please PM

Additional information: I really want this hack to take off because I have so many ideas for it in my head, so please if you have the time help me, oh and the game will be rated PG-13 cuz there is cursing :D

Spirit Detective
Old May 17th, 2010 (05:28 AM).
Dousuta Sora? Mou Ariga?

Hack name: Pokemon: Birth by Sleep

Hack of:
Emerald

Additional information about the hack: Based on Kingdom Hearts birth by sleep, only pokemonized. You can choose between Aqua or Terra, and you may change their name. The storyline changes depending on who you pick, and its too long to tell here.

Finished percentage: umm... all I can do is change what pokemon appear where, so 1%?

Your hacking skills: I can use YAPE and a little mapping, but only very basic mapping like changing the pokemon that appear in certain places.

What help or skill you're looking for: Experienced mapper, Experienced Scripter, Experienced Spriter, and just about everything else

Additional contact information: If you want to contact me, PM me.

Additional information: No, I do not own Pokemon or Kingdom Hearts.
Old May 17th, 2010 (07:24 AM).

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to Storm Parakaitz Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Storm Parakaitz Send a message via Yahoo to Storm Parakaitz Send a message via Skype™ to Storm Parakaitz
Hack name: Pokemon Harmony and Conquest

Hack of: Ruby

Additional information about the hack: An original game set in an original region with 150 Pokemon from gens 1-3 [in other words, not fakemon]. The storyline boils down to an evil organisation that wants either Harmony or Conquest over the region, and you have to stop them. This is my attempt at original flavour in Pokemon storyline, set to a ROM, and the gameplay is geared towards older fans that want a little more kick and a little more balance in their beloved game.

Finished percentage: Hahaha. Like 2% maybe.

Your hacking skills: I cannot hack. I mean, I'd be willing to learn if I cannot find someone to do that, but all of this was an on-paper concept. Who says someone that doesn't hack can't make one happen, anyway? However, all I need is someone to hack this stuff for me. I can get the spriting, in-game text, all that stuff, done myself.

What help or skill you're looking for: Hacking, and puzzle-making for gyms and such.

Additional contact information: If you hop on board, I'd like it if you joined a board I have set up to discuss the hack privately. PM me first though.

Additional information:
T-rated game, so bring your immaturity.
Old May 18th, 2010 (11:49 PM).
Novice Turbo Duelist

Nature: Docile
Hack name: Pokemon Ultimate Version

Hack of: Either the DS games or FireRed and Emerald

Additional information about the hack: The player challenges on all 4 regions and can pick which region to start off and also romance option is added

Finished percentage:0-0.5%

Your hacking skills: Creative storylines trying to be scripter

What help or skill you're looking for: A Mapper, Spriter who is good, Cover Designer

Additional contact information: [email protected]

Additional information: PM me if you're intrested
Old May 20th, 2010 (01:48 PM). Edited May 20th, 2010 by rockman0.
I still claim Luxray!

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via AIM to rockman0 Send a message via Yahoo to rockman0
Hack name: Pokemon Origins: Secrets of Team Rocket

Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: This hack puts you in the shoes of a Team Rocket recruit as he travels through Kanto to stop Red's plot to rid the world of Team Rocket.

Finished percentage: I wanna about 1.1% I've done a little text editing and inserted sprites.

Your hacking skills: I can insert Title Screens, basic scripting, spriting and inserting sprites.

What help or skill you're looking for: Need someone who is good with OWs to edit the OW for "Rocket hero" and "Rocket heroine"

Additional contact information: contact me by PM if you are interested.

Additional information: I have already done some walking OW's for the hero (attached below) but I need someone who can do running/cycling/surfing/anything else OWs for hero, as well as all OWs for heroine.

"From now on, live in the past, and fight for the future."
Old May 22nd, 2010 (01:15 AM).

Nature: Quirky
I applied for help earlier, but now I need some more. It's easy help this time though.

Hack name:
Pokemon Chaos Version

Hack of: Pokemon Emerald

Additional information about the hack: It's basically a hack based on a pet-site forum.

Finished percentage: Uh.. somewhere around... maybe 7%

Your hacking skills: Basic all rounder really. I can do basic mapping, basic scripting, basic spriter~

1. Someone who can make a few human and creature overworld sprites ready to put in the game.
2. Someone who can put together a simple tileset that includes stuff like trees, sign posts, rocks/mountains and a simple building.

Additional contact information: I'd prefer an email at [email protected] but PM works too~

Additional information: Credit will be given where credit is due.
Old May 25th, 2010 (03:16 PM).
There just that damn good!

Nature: Relaxed
Hack name:Pokemon Shadow

Hack of:Firered

Additional information about the hack:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=219659

Finished percentage:mapping 3%, scripting 4%, spriting 4%

Your hacking skills:Mapping,some scripting,spriting,ows

What help or skill you're looking forcripting and Mapping

Additional contact information:Vm me or Pm me
Today, I was at a bar. A fat guy looks at me for a while and sits down next to me. He turns and I expect that he'll hit on me. He then buttons down his shirt, presses his man boobs together and say to his friends “Look, I’ve got bigger tits than than the girl next to me!" His friends agreed. FML
Old May 26th, 2010 (02:44 AM).

Nature: Quirky
HACK NAME: Pokemon Night Libra

HACK OF: Fire Red

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE HACK: The hack is situated at a completely new region named Deltana, where all Pokemon from Gen. 1-3 are catchable. The story will center around the Dark Rayquaza (not shiny; a completely new Pokemon).

FINISHED PERCENTAGE: Storyline 50% Mapping 20%. Interior of houses and buildings not worked on yet, 0% Scripting

YOUR MAPPING SKILLS: Mapping (started Advance Map about 2 months ago, pretty familiar with it already), I'm having a hard time understanding scripts, but I'm working on it

WHAT HELP OR SKILL YOU'RE LOOKING FOR: Basically everything else. Scripting, Spriting, etc. And although it's not that important, somebody who knows how to insert music.

ADDITIONAL CONTACT INFORMATION: PM me

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: I really want to see this hack gain some legs. I'd really like it if you're not working on other hacks. I don't want to hassle you with too much work But if you really want to, I'd consider it :D And I'm open to the suggestions of my teammates. If you want a part in the hack, feel free to tell me; I give credit to where it's due.
Old June 2nd, 2010 (04:47 PM).
I'm Russia, Fear Russia

Nature: Lonely
I need help, and every position is open

HACK NAME: POKEMON INVESTIGATION: QUEST FOR POWER

% Done
MAPS: 10-15%
SCRIPTS: 0%
SPRITES: 5%
OTHER: 0%

Any skill level to help, contact by PM or VM.

Blood brother to Kroso
Old June 3rd, 2010 (07:05 PM). Edited June 16th, 2010 by SwirlyBirds.
apparently not quite dead
Gold Tier

Hack Name: Pokemon ShadowStone
Hack of: Leafgreen

Additional information about the hack: Multiple Regions

Finished percentage: about 1%

Your hacking skills: Mapper

What help or skill you're looking for: Advanced Scripter, Storyline Artist, Spiriter

Additional contact information: [email protected]

Additional information: Please help.

Old June 6th, 2010 (09:05 AM).

Hack name:
Pokemon Fire Flower Red

Hack of:
Fire Red

Finished percentage:
...too minute to mention sadly, it was started about a week ago

Hacking skills:
I am a decent spriter and I understand programs such as YAPE and A-Map

Help or skill you're looking for:
I am looking for other spriters, but mainly script editors. For spriters who just want to practice, the Pokemon are easy to make and are familiar.

AIM: sasblackstar628
email: [email protected]

Additional information:
Obviously, this is a hack of Pokemon using Mario characters. No, you cannot have Mario as a Pokemon, but instead, it has 386 different enemies from the entirety of the Mario franchise catchable. The Pokemon have multiple evolutions, and evolutionary stones play a big role.
Old June 8th, 2010 (09:12 AM).

Hack name: Pokemon World Tour

Hack of: FireRed

Additional information about the hack: Has regions of Hoenn, Johto, Kanto, Orange Islands, and possibly Sinnoh

Finished percentage: mapping 85%, scripting 15%

Your hacking skills: Mapping, spriting, general knowledge of most things thanks to tutorials

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripting ability

Additional contact information: PM or VM me

Additional information: PM or VM me

Old June 8th, 2010 (06:47 PM).
I'm Russia, Fear Russia

Quote originally posted by siper x:
I need help, and every position is open

HACK NAME: POKEMON INVESTIGATION: QUEST FOR POWER

% Done
MAPS: 10-15%
SCRIPTS: 0%
SPRITES: 5%
OTHER: 0%

Any skill level to help, contact by PM or VM.
i still need help, and now you can also go to the team thread TEAM INVESTIGATION. also, scripts have been added, but they are basic, and scripters are the most important people i need right now.

Blood brother to Kroso
Old June 10th, 2010 (01:42 PM).
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
Hack name: Pokemon: The Ice Caves

Hack of: Emerald

Additional information about the hack: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=221031 <- The hack's thread.

Finished percentage: 10-15ish%

Your hacking skills: Mapping

What help or skill you're looking for: I need Snow-Themed Team Aqua player sprites made.

Additional contact information: I'll also need you to insert the sprites for me, so PM me and we can exchange emails.

Additional information: The main character in this hack is a member of Team Aqua, but the hack takes place inside ice caves, so I need a new set of sprites of a boy and girl in a snow-themed Team Aqua uniform.
Old June 22nd, 2010 (09:25 AM). Edited July 7th, 2010 by Darkmoonazara.
Dousuta Sora? Mou Ariga?

I would like you all to ignore my Pokemon Birth by Sleep post, since that will go nowhere.

Hack name: Pokemon Legend of Legends

Hack of:
Pokemon Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: Takes place in the Fucazima region, (named after japan's Fukushima). You are a young kid who never cared much for work that requires responsibilty. Your parents get fed up and pretty much kick you out of the house for you to become a trainer and learn responsibility. As the game goes on, you learn that you and your crush/rival (depends on whether you pick boy or girl) have a strong conection to the Organization of Twelve and the legendary pokemon Reshiram and Zekrom (from pokemon black and white.) Will also include other pokemon from Black and White.

Finished percentage: about... 5%

Your hacking skills: I can do the basics, like changing the map's look and can use some of hackmew's tools, to a certain extent.

What help or skill you're looking for: Pretty much everything (edit: We already have a mapper and scripter. Anything alse or people who are able to give advice are appreciated.)

Additional contact information: PM me to recieve a link to the private forum I made to discuss the hack.

Additional information: I'd like to thank my mom for telling me what region she lived in japan for a year.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links