Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub > The Team Room Archive
Reload this Page Help recruitment thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

The Team Room Archive
The Team Room is now closed—no new posts can be made at this point. This forum will no longer be visible from the end of the month, but remains accessible by the URL.
Original description: Team up, start a formation of dedicated hackers and helpers. Here, you can discuss production of hacks with other groups, or make your own hacking group (through approval processes).

Old February 18th, 2011 (02:12 AM).

Hack name: Pokemon Life/Pokemon Ranger: The Secret of Latios/Latias

Hack of: Pokemon Life is Emerald, Pokemon Ranger is Pokemon Ruby

Finished percentage: umm, 0%?

Your hacking skills: Nothing more than mapping and pokemon editing.

What help or skill you're looking for: Mainly a Spriter and a World map more than anything, i may need a music editor too, i might give scripting a go, but i'll need one hell of a tutor.

Additional contact information: None, just PM me

Additional information: Pokemon Ranger Secret of Latios/Latias will be hacked off of 2 different pokemon games, Latios will be hacked from Ruby while Latias will be hacked from sapphire. (kinda like the concept of Taoism)

http://pkmnmoon.com/signup.php?s=46589 The Pokemon Moon RPG, a fun place where you can train pokemon, explore legendary areas, mines or just even hang out as you complete your pokedex!
Old February 22nd, 2011 (05:51 PM).
You gotta purty mouth!

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Blaziken15
Hack name: Pokemon Tyran Purple

Hack of: Pokemon FireRed

Additional information about the hack: The hack is your basic get 8 badges, defeat the Elite 4 with a side of evil team story. There's some different things you can do after you beat the Elite 4. I'm hoping to have another Pokemon League that will be made from the Sevii Islands. I hope to have another 8 badges, Elite 4 and maybe, just maybe, another evil team.

Finished percentage: 0%

Your hacking skills: Very little.

What help or skill you're looking for: Mappers, Scripters, Text Editors, Spriters, Tile Editors and Title Screen editors. I know it's alot but I'm new to this.

Additional contact information: Just PM me.

Additional information: I'm farly new to this. I've done some research on hacking and can do very basic things (editing trainers, very basic advance maps, ect). I can try to help out on whatever is needed help with and I'm determind to get this hack done. I really want to make my first hack a good one for people to enjoy so I'll need alot of help. Thank you all.

You can find the hacks page at: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=243602
Old February 23rd, 2011 (05:23 PM).
When I step outside... ♥

Nature: Relaxed
Hack name: Black Titanium

Hack of: Ruby

Additional information about the hack: Explore the Rainbow Islands, and figure out what that shadow is.. or was..

Finished percentage: Just started, but have Alpha 1 maps done.

Your hacking skills: Mapping, Storyline, and Non game Graphics (Banners, Userbars, etc.)

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripting, and maybe a title screen designer/inserter.

Additional contact information: PM me, or email me at: [email protected]

Additional information: First hack, and I really want this project to go far.

Find it: You can find Team Black Titanium's Thread here and here

Meloetta
Master the Arts

OfficiallyClaimed:

Old February 23rd, 2011 (08:49 PM).
Beginning Hacker

Nature: Brave
Hack Name: Pokemon UltraViolet

Hack ofokemon FireRed

Additional information about the hack: Do have a storyline but very long .

Finished percentage:0.1%

Your hacking skills: Not much and not to little

What help or skill you're looking forome mappers,scripters,spriters adding other sprites to the game or fakeomons

Additional contact information:Just PM me.

Additional information: This will be my first offical hack that will be released. I have completed 3 maps and added little suprises to the mart.
Old February 27th, 2011 (05:29 AM).

Hack name: Pokémon Opal Spirits (Not set in stone)

Hack of:
FireRed

Additional information about the hack:
A new world and adventure. Different from the standard progression of pokémon games of 8 gyms 1 league. If you want more information in that respect, please ask, but mind that I don't want to spoil it in it's entirety just yet.

Finished percentage:
Very little. The first towns mapped and the first portion of the storyline scripted out properly.

Your hacking skills:
Ideas, basic to moderate mapping, advanced scripting.

What help or skill you're looking for:

I lack any sort of artistic talent. I need people to design trainer sprites (overworld and battle) and tilesets. Suggestions for any other aspect of the game are welcome aswell.

Additional contact information:

Please PM me on this website.

Additional information:
Any specific questions can be included in the PM, don't hold back!
Old March 6th, 2011 (12:21 PM). Edited March 6th, 2011 by U.Flame.
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
Hack Name: Pokemon Ruby Multiplayer Testing

Hack of: Pokemon Ruby (or any 3rd gen)

Additional Info: This isn't a specific hack, it's a project I'm working on to help expand multiplayer capabilities in any 3rd gen hack.

Finished Percentage: Tested and gave up long ago. The new one I'm starting is just barely set up. Less than 1%.

My Skills: Mapping, Text editing, and observing and copying to make something new. (my way of getting around the fact that I know nothing else)

Skills Needed: Anyone who understands more than mapping. Preferably someone who can understand the restrictions and changes in multiplayer mode.

Description: I'm working on expanding the multiplayer modes in Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. (Emerald, Firered, and Leafgreen in the future) I'm doing this by simply editing the mixing records room. That way, 2-4 players can join and do anything! But in this multiplayer mode, I noticed a lot of events are not functional. I need people who can do further testing and maybe experts who know how to fix these restrictions. So far, It is possible to create a vast multiplayer environment where 2-4 players can explore and do things. But I aim to make more possibilities. So I'll need help with people who know and understand how multiplayer modes work because I sure don't!
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3
Old March 16th, 2011 (08:58 PM).
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Hack name: Pokemon Glazed (pending until we find something better)

Hack of: Pokemon Ruby

Additional information about the hack: Little shaky about the plot. Basically, you've run away from controlling parents to go on a journey.

Finished percentage: 5-10%

Your hacking skills: Scripting, Mapping

What help or skill you're looking for: SPRITES. I just want to insert 12 Fakemon in my game (3 starters, their evolutions, and one other family). I have them all sketched out, I just need someone to sprite them so they look like actual official sprites, and insert them in the game. For what its worth, testers could help, so I can figure out what levels to make the Pokemon.

Additional contact information:
I'm gonna start a thread for my game soon, you can post there. You can also PM me, or if you have chatango, my username is LucarioBuizelFurret.

Additional information: Hmm....Well, thanks to anyone who helps!
Old March 17th, 2011 (07:50 AM).
Celestial Shine

Nature: Calm
Hack name: Pokemon Revolution

Hack of: Fire Red

Finished percentage: 5-10%, Just started, storyline is completed, all scenes planned out, first few maps finished.

Your hacking skills: I'm the dialog/storyboard writer for the team, our team also has a mapper and scripter. I am not the team leader.

What help or skill you're looking for: Title screen editors, someone who can edit some "fixed" game mechanics (e.g. FR Intro Scene & Text), etc.

Additional contact information: I can be found at [email protected], leader can be found at [email protected], or you can pm either myself or Ink.

Additional information: MSN is fine, but email is also good, the team is spread across many time zones so...
Old March 19th, 2011 (02:44 PM). Edited March 19th, 2011 by pizzaz007.
Why not?

Hack name: Pokemon: Ashes of Absol

Additional information about the hack: Not much...

Finished percentage: 0.5% At the most....

Your hacking skills: Beginner/Intermediate (Can script basics like giving items, talking scripts, etc., good with maps, good brainstormer)

What help or skill you're looking for: The works. I have one other friend helping me with story, but that's it. (I need scripters, mappers, but no OW/Fakemon except for one small detail with your rival.)

Additional contact information: [email protected] or xbox (have a mic)

Additional information: I'm looking for a deep story line. I like games that you get in to. Not just 5 minute pick up-put down games.

Thank you!

I code in XSE, and Python, primarily.

If you ever want someone to talk to, just drop me a line!
Old March 22nd, 2011 (02:00 PM).
Beginner Hacker

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Prestonian
Hack name: Pokemon: The Story of Zero Alstair

Additional information about the hack: It's supposed to follow a story I read, with the author's permission of course.

Finished percentage: 5% considering the story is already there.

Your hacking skills: Mapping

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripting, Tilesets, etc.

Additional contact information: PM, E-mail

Additional information: PM me for the story, because I don't have enough posts.
Old March 27th, 2011 (05:12 AM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
Hack name: Pokemon Unknown Mysteries

Hack of: Pokemon Ruby

Finished percentage: 10% About done. (Mostly Mapping.)

Your hacking skills: Mapping, Spriting, Inserting Stats and Dex Data.

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripting, Spriting, Script Inserter and Music Editor.

Go to Team Shine If you want to help.
Old March 28th, 2011 (10:03 AM). Edited March 28th, 2011 by jabberjabber8.
../\..

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jabberjabber8 Send a message via Skype™ to jabberjabber8
Hack name: Pokemon Rumble Rock
Hack of: Pokemon fire red

Finished percentage: 5% About done - mapping only

Your hacking skills: Mapping and general busy work

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripting

Maybe a one of job but if you want to get involved you will always be welcome...

Pm me for details...

Rumble rock is back, expect a BETA soon.
Old April 6th, 2011 (03:41 AM).
I Learnz hacks.

Hack name: Pokemon Tao

Hack of: Most likely Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: A new adventure, that will take place in a world where Buddhism monks and Pokémon are living together, however, the peace that they long for will soon be interrupted.

Finished percentage: 1%

Your hacking skills: a little overworld spriting, a little of mapping, but a lot of story experience.

What help or skill you're looking for: I'm looking for someone who can create a tileset that is themed in the old monastary style of ancient Japan and China. I will also need information on how to change the sprites of the Player (the back of the trainer in battle pre-choosing pokemon) and the sprites for the proffesor oak, as he needs to be changed. If also possible, I would like to know the place of the mugshots and NPC trainer battle sprites.

Additional contact information: You can email me at [email protected], wich is also my adress for Google Talk.

Additional information: Hope to get helped, as this is my first hack.
Old April 6th, 2011 (06:51 PM).
When I step outside... ♥

Hack name: Pokemon Sphene

Hack of: Firered

Additional information about the hack:

Storyline:
Spoiler:
The Icolinz (I-co-lines) region, a island where Tropical norths, meet Arctic souths. You live in Bluevista City, the most famous port in Icolinz, and is also home to Prof. Palm. You always wanted to become a Pokemon Master, and catch very Pokemon known to exist. Your Mom is doing research for Prof. Palm in a hidden location. So one day you leave, with support from your dad, to set out and find your mother. While on your journey you discover why, and how the Icolinz region was created.

Features:
Spoiler:
All 386 Pokemon Available in one way or another.
Day and Night (maybe)
New tiles (♥Kyledove♥)
Explore, and discover the Icolinz Region
MANY after game quests, the Scarlet Archipelago, and the Black Mountain Range (Explore, train, battle, and discover in these sub-regions)
New League (8 Gyms, 2 Dojos, Elite Five, and Two Champions)
Royal Crown has their eye set out for the legendary trios, and combine them all.
The International Police will have a say in this hack.

Finished percentage: 25%

Your hacking skills: Very experienced mapper (not like most people, I know how to make good maps), Non-Game graphics (Userbars, and banners), Experienced Storyline

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripting, and maybe some title screen maker/inserter.

Additional contact information: Just PM, or email at [email protected]

Additional information: This is will be one of the first hacks to have a Facebook Page lol. If you want me to join a group the team will have to have Sphene as a project also because I have done alot of mapping (up to Beta 1.5). Many changes are going on so things may change.

If you don't know what a a 'sphene' is look here (Sphene is another name for Titanite)

Meloetta
Master the Arts

OfficiallyClaimed:

Old April 7th, 2011 (10:12 AM).
It's Trolling Time

Nature: Naughty
Hack name: Project Glistening

Hack of: Leaf Green

Additional information about the hack: It will be a lot like Moemon, just with all adult characters and lots of political jokes and references as well as poking fun at all kinds of famous people.

Finished percentage: 5%

Your hacking skills: Mapping / Scripting

What help or skill you're looking for: Spriters editors, Tile Editors, music editors.

Additional contact information: email: [email protected]

Additional information: I don't check PC often so please email me if interested. This project is a Bi Winning project so its worth being a part of.
Old April 7th, 2011 (03:36 PM).
Mighty Spriter

Nature: Gentle
Hack name: Pokemon Hack

Additional information about the hack: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=248276

Finished percentage: Alpha 70%

Your hacking skills: Spriting, Mapping, Scripting.

What help or skill you're looking for: Just some help scripting. x

Additional contact information: Just contact me on PC. Thanks. x

I've had a few requests to make this hack an actual thing now. So I'm re-inserting the tileset into an earlier, non-corrupted file.

Let me know if you want the beta 0.5.
Old April 8th, 2011 (08:28 AM).
Anime Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Stardust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Crimson Stardust
Hack name: Pokemon Dimension Legends: Alternate Worlds

Additional information about the hack: None, you could click my signature to view my hack first.

Finished percentage: 1% to finish all of it.

Your hacking skills: Mapping,scripting,tile maker/insert-er,music hacking.

What help or skill you're looking for: I am looking for Spriter to sprite trainer sprites and back sprite for heroes/heroine, and their o/w as well.

Additional contact information: Pm me here on pc.

Additional information: I am looking for at least an advance in spriting not some spriting which don't look that good since i want quality..

Old April 8th, 2011 (07:28 PM).

Hack Name: Pokemon Cobalt
Hack Of: FireRed
(No Im not bandwagoning, Im just more comfortable with it than i am with RSE, and all my resources are already in FRLG style)
Additional Information: This game takes place in the brand-new Cobal region,which is directly north of Kanto

I would post pictures, but I havent posted enough here to be able to post URLs . Contact me and I can show you what Ive got

I have the entire region mapped out, and am currently in the process of revamping each area, getting rid of tile errors, making everything flow more smoothly. I really don't need any help here, TBH.

Basic Storyline
Spoiler:
(Okay, just so you know, I havent really taken the time to flesh out the story much at this point. A lot of the events of the game will hinge around new legendaries that I havent designed at this point. I just have a basic timeline in my head. Im sorry if it seems generic at this point.)

You start out in Newtron Town, and Professor Cypress is looking for you. You find him in his lab, where he gives you a Pokemon, and tells you you should go meet a colleague of his in Bromin City.

You go meet him, and he tells you to bring back a message to the Professor. When you get there, Prof. Oak is also at the lab. You give the message to Cypress, Oak gives you the Pokedex.

You set off toward Chloron City and the first gym, and you bump into a member of Team _____ (havent thought of a name yet :/ )

You reach the city, fight the gym,and head west. when you pass the last house, a girl runs out and bumps into you, and her dad follows. They argue, and she runs off, leaving behind the CUT HM. She becomes the Rival.

(it gets a lot less detailed from here)

You head through the next few towns and see evidence of the team doing stuff. You get badges, help with sidequests that I havent mapped out yet, and you start to hear talk of what the team is up to, and of this region's legendaries. You end up fighting the team at Hydron City's lighthouse, (over what I have yet to decide, because the backstories of the new legendaries arent developed yet.)

You go through a few more towns and run into the team again at some ruins. You fight your way through, only to find that the leader has found the answer hes been looking for. They leave, and you have no choice but to get to the next town.

After beating this gym, you get a call from Cypress telling you to check out an area that was previously unnaccessable due to HMs. You go there, and you see the teams leader has caught one of 3 sub-legendary (think the birds, dogs, regis, etc.) He leaves and leaves a couple grunts to fight you. hey let slip where hes going next.

You follow, but get sidetracked by something (again, havent decided.) After solving that, you are able to follow the team to where they were going. Again, youre one step behind, and the leader catches the 2nd sub-legend and tells his admins to fight you.

You fight the 7th gym to get access to the needed HM move and follow to the last shrine, and the leader catches the 3rd, and you fight him with those legends on his team. You find out these 3 legends act as a key to the uber legend. He runs off to get it, and you follow. You battle at the top of a tower, and the legend appears, stuff happens and the 3 sub-legends get released. You catch the uber legend, and the boss b****es about his plans being ruined, and they disappear.

You beat the last gym and the Elite Four, then a new area becomes available that I have put no thought into whatsoever because it is so far off from where I am in the hack's development.

i know, theres a lot of room for improvement, but this is what i have right now. This is one area where I could use some help.

New Pokemon
Spoiler:
Yes, whether you like Fakemon or not, this hack will have them. But unlike Quartz and Topaz, I refuse to half-ass them. If it doesnt seem like a normal Pokemon (i.e. some character from yugioh or something) or if the sprite is badly drawn, I wont put it in.

(I had a picture to put here but it wont let me post the URL. Again, contact me and ill show you what i got)

An example of some of the sprite work Ive done. This is the Grass starter line, Pupleaf, Wolpine, and Canifer. Theyll be grass/dark

And understand that I am still a novice spriter. These are some of the first sprites ive drawn, and i still have room for improvement in this area.

I plan to add 90 to 100 new pokemon in this region, and drawing/ designing/ balancing their stats is something that i will need help on.

This hack has been swimming around in my head since my freshman year in high school. im about to graduate, and i wana get this thing out of my head and into actual game form.

Finished Percentage: 10-12%
I still have a long way to go, but if I have help, I know I can see it through to the end.

Hacking Skills: My most developed skill would probably be mapping. I mapped out all of Johto for the fun of it, and ive re-designed this region 2 or 3 times. I can make and edit tiles and put blocks together, so Id say i got mapping under control
Spritework- Im okay, but a lot of my time is going to be focused on mapping and importing stuff into the rom, so I may not have much time to do actual spritework myself
Scripts- Im still trying to learn. Im not one of those that are like "Pfffft this is too hard ill leave it all to someone else." But te sooner I can get some actual scripts into the game and not just signposts or static people, the better. This is mainly where I need help.
Pokemon design- Ive figured out how to import new sprites, change movepools/stats/etc. But im not the best at actually designing or balancing a pokemon, so ill need help here.

Looking For: Scripters, Artists, Writers, Pokemon designers. Ill help and do what I can where I can, but one head can only do so much.

Contact Information
email - [email protected]
[email protected]

Sorry for the walls of text, but I wanted this one to kinda stand out from the generic "HE1P M3 PL0X!!!!1!!!111" threads. Hope you guys like what you see, and have enough faith in what Ive presented to think that this will be a worthwhile hack.

See ya
Old April 9th, 2011 (03:43 AM). Edited April 9th, 2011 by jabberjabber8.
../\..

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jabberjabber8 Send a message via Skype™ to jabberjabber8

Maybe a one of job but if you want to get involved you will always be welcome...

Pm me for details...

Bumping this

Pm me for details...

Bumping this

Old April 14th, 2011 (10:58 PM).

Hack Name: Pokemon Electric Yellow

Additional: It's a remake of Yellow, but with anime styling. I want to keep certain elements of the original intact that I haven't seen in other hacks, while throwing in parts of the anime for new matierial (like more than one battle with Mewtwo, difficult revamped gym battles, Indigo League boss battle before the Elite Four). Basically it's an Yellow/Anime mix, but more Yellow in mechanics, without the episode like feel you see in anime hacks.

Finished Percentage: 5%

Your Hacking Skills: Graphics mainly. I have a background with art graphics, so I've done well with altering sprites, making tilesets, character alterations, so forth.

Help or Skills Your Looking For: The problem is everthing else. I know little about scripting, or how to use certain tools correctly. Iwould like learn to how to do this though, so tutoring help/answering questions would be much appreciated.

Additional Contact Information: PM me here on PC
Old April 17th, 2011 (01:55 PM).
I read the news today, oh boy.
Silver Tier

Nature: Sassy
Hack name: Pokemon SoulSun

Hack of: FireRed

Additional information about the hack: It's going to be a pretty standard game, just going for a high-quality and satisfying game. No Fakemon; only the first 251 are going to be available. I have much much more detail if you're interested.

Finished percentage: 1%?

Your hacking skills: Mapping and scripting.

What help or skill you're looking for: Primarily graphics: what I need the most help with is tile insertion. I'm not asking for someone to make me a tileset, I just need someone to insert them for me... I'll be using mainly Alistair/other freely distributed tiles. I also may need help with OW editing, spritework, and more specific graphics work, but tile insertion is the main thing.

Additional contact information: Send me a PM and we can discuss how to keep in touch. My timezone is US Eastern btw.

Additional information: You can help as much or as little as you want! Thanks.
Old April 21st, 2011 (11:17 PM).
../\..

Hack of: FireRed

Additional information about the hack: Pokemon Rumble Rock is a traditional style game however the gyms and E4 have been removed, we were doing find until we hit a snag tile inserting.

Finished percentage: Demo version released soon (up to first gym if we had gyms)

Your hacking skills: Mapping

What help or skill you're looking for: Just someone to redo tile set one from scratch.

Contact info: skype: jabberjabber8, or [email protected]
MSN: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Or just Pm / Vm me.

Additional information: Not a lot to say except... Please help!

Old April 21st, 2011 (11:24 PM).
Anime Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Stardust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Crimson Stardust
I am asking again..

Hack name:
Pokemon Dimension Legends: Alternate Worlds

Additional information about the hack: None, you could click my signature to view my hack first.

Your hacking skills: Mapping,scripting,tile maker/insert-er,music hacking, Graphic hacking

What help or skill you're looking for: I am looking for Spriter to sprite trainer sprites and back sprite for heroes/heroine, and their o/w as well and also other sprites and o/w like prof, evil team, rivals..etc. and maybe few fakemons to offer to use in my hack...

Additional information: I am looking for at least an advance in spriting not some spriting which don't look that good since i want quality..

Old April 27th, 2011 (01:23 PM).
ROM playa

Hack name: Legend of Lance

Additional information about the hack: Youre lance....(read more at the bottom)

Finished percentage: 0% (just came up with idea)

Your hacking skills: basically none, I have great story line idea though and they wont be to hard to hack unlike some other peoples games

What help or skill you're looking for: basically every thing

Additional contact information: E-mail me if interested [email protected]

Additional information: your lance growing up a generation before ash and Your best friend/rival is giovanni. Its in Johto and your goal(s) are to become pokemon master/dragon master/make own organization to rival team rocker
Old April 28th, 2011 (01:50 PM).
Anime Addiction

Trying again, since my previous request is the previous page.."

Hack name:
Pokemon Dimension Legends: Alternate Worlds

Your hacking skills: Mapping,scripting,tile maker/insert-er,music hacking, Graphic hacking

What help or skill you're looking for: I am looking for Spriter to sprite trainer sprites and back sprite for heroes/heroine, and their o/w as well and also other sprites and o/w like prof, evil team, rivals..etc...

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links