The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 2nd, 2008, 08:24 PM
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

Nature: Adamant
A Chaotic Games Production
Created by: Minorthreat
Made with: RMXP

====================
Background
====================

I have three words for background. IRIDIUM IS BACK!

====================
The Story
====================

The Iriho region is being ravaged by a plauge that is devistating the native POKéMON population. POKéMON are being born too weak to survive. The Iriho POKéMON Science Corp. have changed their direction from developing devices for POKéMON training and begun focusing on an effort to heal the crippling population of POKéMON in Iriho. POKéMON are being brought from other regions to repopulate the region. The IPSC is also working on a device to bring the weak POKéMON back into health so that the POKéMON species native to Iriho are not lost. They have also created a vaccine for the healthy POKéMON to keep the plauge from affecting them.
The plauge has not only effected the POKéMON but the people of the region are becoming despirt and more radical. One group has become the radical terrorist group TEAM CHAOS, hellbent on ridding the region of the polluted weak POKéMON and using the POKéMON of legend to restore "order" to the land.
Knowing that you are the son/daughter of the renowned project leader for the IPSC device, TEAM CHAOS decides to kidnap you while your father is away on IPSC buisness. You manage to escape with the help of a kind old man, who was also kidnapped by TEAM CHAOS. He lets you have one of his last three healthy POKéMON to aid you in your escape. After you escape you head to see Prof Aspen, a board member of the IPSC and your neighbor. She informs you that the IPSC devices isn't working as they thought it was and she warns you against raising your POKéMON because of the plauge, but you beg her and she provides you with a vaccine for your POKéMON. She informs you that as you speak there are IPSC employees setting out POKéMON food with the vaccine to vaccinate the healthy wild POKéMON of Iriho.
As you progress through out the story you begin to see the region fall apart. Corruption is high and spread through even the most seemingly uncorruptable places. There is no longer any thing "good" in the region except the IPSC, even the Iriho POKéMON League is corrupt. To how far this corruption goes and how it effects your quest...you will have to play to find out.

====================
The Region
====================
The Iriho Region

Announced Names and Locations:

CATALPA TOWN
The small town you and your family call home. It is also home to the ISPC board memeber, PROF. ASPEN.

ROUTE 297
A small route situated between CATALPA TOWN and CHANTICLEER TOWN. Nothing much located here.

CHANTICLEER TOWN
A small town to the east of CHANTICLEER TOWN. Home to one of TEAM CHAOS' many buildings of operation in IRIHO.

ROUTE 298
A small route situated between CHANTICLEER TOWN and ARBORVITAE CITY. Nothing much located here.

ARBORVITAE CITY

====================
The Team
====================

Minorthreat - Project leader
Riceeman -Spriter

====================
IRIHO POKéMON
====================

800. IGWONO
803. INFOWL
806. PUTRISH

====================
Screenshots
====================

====================
Want to help?
====================

I am currently looking for scratch spriters and fakemon artists, please apply by PM. Thanks sincerely.

====================
Credits
====================

Poccil - The Essentials Kit
Wichu - Overall help with many aspects of the game.
Kyledove - His sinnoh tiles
Aeonos and Mastermind_X - POKéMON Platinum Sprites
Riceeman - POKéMON Sprites

If anyone else thinks they should be on here just PM me or profile message me and I will add you.

====================
Support
====================

HTML Code:
[url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=159093"][IMG]http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii291/Minorthreat0987/Pokemon%20Iridium/IgwonoUserbar.png[/IMG][/url]

HTML Code:
[url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=159093"][IMG]http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii291/Minorthreat0987/Pokemon%20Iridium/InfowlUserbar.png[/IMG][/url]

HTML Code:
[url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=159093"][IMG]http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii291/Minorthreat0987/Pokemon%20Iridium/PutrishUserbar-1.png[/IMG][/url]

Check out my DeviantArt account for info on my new project! Pokemon Tellurium.
My DeviantArt

Last edited by Minorthreat0987; November 29th, 2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old November 4th, 2008, 11:37 AM
ryushin5
In College YAY! :3

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to ryushin5
YES! i love this game i'm glad is back good luck on it. :D
Old November 4th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
Yay Iridium is back! Remember to back it up regularly this time :O

Anyway, I love the new story. It's different from the usual storylines, in a good way. In fact, it's inspired me to improve my own ;)

You have a slight mapping error in this screenshot:

The room at the top should have walls on each side. Perhaps you could move the staircases outwards a bit, and add walls?
Old November 4th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Likewise
Bye.

wow this is looking great!
the overworld sprite bandana is good but looks a but too much like lucas, maybe change the colors.

The region map is great but the names of the maps need a lot of work, like Littlelodge sounds like litterroot mix it up a bit like....... i dont know MapleLodge town xD
Bye to all my friends, I'll still be talking to you on msn.
Old November 4th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Captain Arcane
spoon full o'peanut butter
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I really like this story, and I will be keeping my eye on this project. I also love the name you have chosen for your region, and especially the layout. Tell me, is this region based of a real world location, or is it pure imagination? Either way, I have high hopes for this project and am eager to see new developement and updates.

I hope to see a lot of work on this, great job
Captain Arcane
Old November 4th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Vampire://Krimm
→ clocks everywhere →
Community Supporter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vampire://Krimm
It's good to see that Iridium is back :D Everything looks awesome, and as Wichu said, back it up frequently xD

I'm excited to see how this project will unfold ^^
Old November 4th, 2008, 02:20 PM
<~F.M.P~>
I got you whistling Blue Box!

Nature: Mild
Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
Nice storyline I really like the twist, I can't wait to see how it fares out, good luck!
Old November 4th, 2008, 07:07 PM
O.G. Duke
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to O.G. Duke
Wow. Nice graphics. Is it in NDS size?
Looks different from Poccil's starter kit.^^
Keep it up!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 4th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Xaviar
I left my brain in its jar

Nature: Impish
I REALLY like your maps. You use kyledove's tiles very effectively. The storyline is detailed and original, and the region map is stylish too.

And you missed my name by a letter >.<

Good luck on finding some spriters, and on the project in general. I expect great things from you, Harry...
Old November 4th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Megiddo-san
Barium - Summer '12 Return?

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Megiddo-san
Very nice. Also there's a small spelling error in that last screen.

Hashire! Asu e tsudzuku shinka no micha wa
Old November 4th, 2008, 08:10 PM
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded

This game sounds considerably better than what I remembered of it before. The storyline has some interesting aspects to it; the corrupt PKMN League is reminiscent of the Pokemon Special manga's corrupt takes on the Kanto & Johto Leagues.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 4th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~element View Post
wow this is looking great!
the overworld sprite bandana is good but looks a but too much like lucas, maybe change the colors.

The region map is great but the names of the maps need a lot of work, like Littlelodge sounds like litterroot mix it up a bit like....... i dont know MapleLodge town xD
I might change the color I don't know, but I will consider your advice. As for the town names, yea I'm not so good at that. But I've decided to rename the towns after types of trees, hopefully they will be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Arcane View Post
I really like this story, and I will be keeping my eye on this project. I also love the name you have chosen for your region, and especially the layout. Tell me, is this region based of a real world location, or is it pure imagination? Either way, I have high hopes for this project and am eager to see new developement and updates.

I hope to see a lot of work on this, great job
Captain Arcane
The region is pure imagination, I know that Nintendo bases the regions off of Japan, but I like the freedom of makeing my own region so that I can get everything out of it I want(Like a region with a lot of water routes, beaches, but also mountains, stuff like that). I hope that doesn't effect anyones opinon of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaGroudon View Post
Wow. Nice graphics. Is it in NDS size?
Looks different from Poccil's starter kit.
Keep it up!
Yep! :D It is NDS size. I wanted the freedom of DP sprites and more space to work with in features and things like that.

Thank you all for your comments. I will keep this file backed up so it doesn't get lost.

Keep those wonderful comments coming.

PS. Wichu, thanks for pointing out the mapping error, I knew something was wrong but I wasn't sure what.
&
Megiddo thanks for pointing out the spelling mistake. I didn't notice it.

Sincerely
Minorthreat

.:EDIT:.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyOctillery View Post
This game sounds considerably better than what I remembered of it before. The storyline has some interesting aspects to it; the corrupt PKMN League is reminiscent of the Pokemon Special manga's corrupt takes on the Kanto & Johto Leagues.
Thats because it is essentially a completely new game under the same title of the old Iridium because I loved the title so darn much! lol

My DeviantArt
Old November 5th, 2008, 07:19 AM
PoKéMaKeR
Pokemon Rancher creator!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PoKéMaKeR
This looks brilliant, I really like the tiles you used (also used them, sinnoh tiles rock)
And the custom player sprite.. .. brilliant !
I really will be on the lookout for new updates and things !
I'm going to watch this thread from now on!
Good luck!

PoKéMaKeR

Last update on the Rancher thread: February 26th 2009

Old November 5th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Waudby
Pokémon Odyssey!

Minorthreat, your screenshots have become very strange and soem do not even show up at all :/

~Credit to Kyledove for the tiles.
Old November 5th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
*runs in circles after seeing the marvel come back in a bang*
Man nice graphics nice story nice region nice everything. So question so i can understand its located where in the current pokemon world?
Old November 5th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Captain Arcane
spoon full o'peanut butter
Community Supporter

Don't worry Minorthreat, that doesn't change my opinion on your game. I was just wondering that because to me, it has a ver ygood layout, one of the best I've seen. And I'm particulary interested in that city which is so big it takes up 5 map tile spaces! Like I said, I really love how this looks. I also think that you region would be one of the best to feature fakemon; with all its areas, towns, and cities, it seems almost perfect.

Again, great work,
Captain Arcane
Old November 5th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waudby View Post
Minorthreat, your screenshots have become very strange and soem do not even show up at all :/
Okay, thank you I am going to move the screenshots from Imageshack to my photobucket account, so please bear with me during this transition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~link smash~ View Post
*runs in circles after seeing the marvel come back in a bang*
Man nice graphics nice story nice region nice everything. So question so i can understand its located where in the current pokemon world?
I haven't really thought much about that but I know the old Iriho is located Southwest of Kanto and South of Sinnoh so I am thinking I will put this one there aswell since you will be able to travel to Sinnoh in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Arcane View Post
Don't worry Minorthreat, that doesn't change my opinion on your game. I was just wondering that because to me, it has a ver ygood layout, one of the best I've seen. And I'm particulary interested in that city which is so big it takes up 5 map tile spaces! Like I said, I really love how this looks. I also think that you region would be one of the best to feature fakemon; with all its areas, towns, and cities, it seems almost perfect.

Again, great work,
Captain Arcane
Wow, thank you! I never thought I would get such a positive comment from the creator of Pokemon Lost World. Thank you :D

Well my friends!
I figured I would post a little update of sorts. Well this is actually a big update. :D

Thanks to my friend Riceeman, who has become a spriter for Iridium, we now have two new starters, and hopefully a third coming shortly.

I'd like to introduce PUTRISH, the water starter.

and INFOWL, the fire starter.

I hope you all enjoy!
Oh and please, don't steal these sprites. Riceeman worked hard on them!

Sincerely,
Minorthreat

My DeviantArt
Old November 6th, 2008, 04:05 AM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
Sweet. NIce sprites. But may i ask how it would fit southwest of kanto and south of sinnoh? I mean that would put it somewhere inbetween of jhot/kanto and not south of sinnoh. Or did you mean southeast? If s othen it would be an island right?
Old November 6th, 2008, 04:13 AM
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~link smash~ View Post
Sweet. NIce sprites. But may i ask how it would fit southwest of kanto and south of sinnoh? I mean that would put it somewhere inbetween of jhot/kanto and not south of sinnoh. Or did you mean southeast? If s othen it would be an island right?
haha whoops I mean southeast of kanto and south of sinnoh, like its part of a new landmass in the ocean south of sinnoh and south east of kanto.

Thanks for the comment.

My DeviantArt
Old November 6th, 2008, 04:32 AM
Lady Berlitz
Cinnamon ♪

Wow, this game is looking impressive! Compared to the old Iridium, this destroys it.
I'm really happy to see the change to D/P style, it looks much nicer.
██_______██
_█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█_
_█████████_
_██_____██_
Old November 8th, 2008, 01:54 AM
Riceeman
Spriter Guy

Nature: Lonely
Awesome work Minorthreat. I only just noticed all the DP stuff that you've added, and that makes it just outstanding.

On the sprites, Infowl's backsprite is going to be enlarged. And the Grass Starter is coming very soon.

On a last note, how did this get bumped back to the second page? Anyways, it's now back where it belongs :D

Riceeman
Old November 9th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

Nothing to big is going on right now guys. I'm busy adding the new pokemon Riceeman had made, and re coding the beginning part of the scirpt where TEAM CHAOS kidnaps you, but screens on that will be limited since its vital to the story. :D

Anyway, I figured I would show screens of the new grass starter.

Introducing FLOROTAN

This also shows new battle bars. Hopefully I will get something done this week that will get the game comments, and be worthy of updating.

PS. Please don't steal the sprites! I will find out!

I hope you all enjoy!

Sincerely,
Minor

My DeviantArt
Old November 9th, 2008, 06:56 AM
Team Magic Tyson
PokeCommunity Master

Send a message via ICQ to Team Magic Tyson Send a message via AIM to Team Magic Tyson
Looks good, good luck with it.

TysonOfFire, burning through all games of pokemon.
Defeating anyone who stands in my way with easy..
Still on an undefeated streak.

Old November 9th, 2008, 07:10 AM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Nature: Brave
That looks awesome dude. your doing some great work. Keep it up cause those sprites look great.
Old November 9th, 2008, 08:01 AM
G-Trainer
Count Awesomeness!

Looking very god, Minorthreat! Can't wait to play it :D

If you need any help with the storyline, NPC's, etc I'll be more than happy to help out.

Goodluck,
G-Trainer.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links