The Pok√©Community Forums  

Go Back   The Pok√©Community Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Discussions & Debates

Notices

Discussions & Debates The place to go for slightly more in-depth topics. Discussions and debates about the world, current events, ideas, news, and more.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 22nd, 2003, 12:52 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax

Advertise here
Pokťmon Community Halloween Party Discussion
Hi. With halloween coming up October 31st, I thought about a little Pokťmon Community Halloween get-together party.
Like a Fan Fiction/Role Play/Art day for members to get together and make stories - especially fun stories - directly in the Halloween Party Discussion thread that someone will post.
In fact - I need some help setting this event up. I'd say we start directly on the day - but some organising is needed to help make the event somewhat successful.

Off the topic:
I know, this topic is quite late to be posted - even after I got the green light from Kairi. If it's found unnecessary, I don't mind if it gets closed.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old October 22nd, 2003, 12:56 PM
Kayleigh
Pokémon-de-Superb

Oh, I like the idea a lot. If you need any help then just ask, because I don't mind!
Old October 22nd, 2003, 01:50 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Thanks Kayleigh... does anyone have any suggestions on what we should do in this event (I'm marking it in the calendar).

The Halloween Party starts from 7:00 to 12:00 midnight. How's that?

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old October 22nd, 2003, 02:54 PM
Kayleigh
Pokémon-de-Superb

Okay, I'd say that's a pretty good time to start. Who's going to make the discussion thread..?
Old October 22nd, 2003, 03:47 PM
Seviper
Ssssssseviper

Send a message via AIM to Seviper Send a message via Yahoo to Seviper
It problaby will be made when the party starts, I guess...

I have an idea. Participating people should use Halloween/spooky avatars. Kind of like the banner on Serebii.net (that Celebi on it scares me lol).

Please visit these sites:
Team Rocket Main Database
Pokemon Masters of Tomorrow
DragonWave City Forums
mForums Extreme
Old October 22nd, 2003, 03:52 PM
Kayleigh
Pokémon-de-Superb

Wait, I just noticed that this is the discussion thead, lol. o_o" Well, I mean the offical thread then. *tries to look smart*

Anyways, I think the scary avatars idea is good. People could also decorate their signatures too... I suppose I could work on a few pictures and stuff to enter. What about any kinds of contests?
Old October 22nd, 2003, 05:44 PM
Shadow
Eeyah hah hah!

Send a message via AIM to Shadow Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shadow Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow
How about best costume (avatar/sig combined) contest, and a scary story contest?

I didn't think about signatures...
*runs off to make the first sig banner he ever made*
Old October 22nd, 2003, 05:47 PM
DragonTrainer
Shiver me timbers!

Sounds cool, though I may be trick or treating...Just for fun.Me and my friends usually prank people, it's loads of fun.
Old October 22nd, 2003, 05:48 PM
Dizzy
My Father is a Baron!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dizzy
LMAO , last time we toilet papered my principal's Car .. he was laughing so hard , then he gave us one week detention.

Please join my fan-club. I have no fans

Old October 22nd, 2003, 05:54 PM
Kayleigh
Pokémon-de-Superb

Am I the only one who actually goes trick or treating for the genuine fun of it, lol? o_o *sweatdrop* Anyways...

I like that costume and scary story idea! We could also have a best Halloween picture contest, specifically for this thread. I guess?
Old October 22nd, 2003, 05:55 PM
DragonTrainer
Shiver me timbers!

LMAO
I love tp-ing, it's so fun, especially wiith a lot of people at like, 3AM.We like to also go n-knocking...if you know what i mean.
Old October 22nd, 2003, 05:57 PM
Dizzy
My Father is a Baron!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dizzy
Lol , i never come home on Halloween , i never come Home ever lol ... I CAnT WAIT 4 MY BIRTHDAY WEEEE>

Please join my fan-club. I have no fans

Old October 22nd, 2003, 05:57 PM
latiosspud
Gym Leader

Originally Posted by Kayleigh

Am I the only one who actually goes trick or treating for the genuine fun of it, lol? o_o *sweatdrop* Anyways...

I like that costume and scary story idea! We could also have a best Halloween picture contest, specifically for this thread. I guess?
I go trick or treating not really for the fun but more for the candy. I usually go with my brother, my cousin, and I.

"When you live so close together for a year's time and you stay back and they go and don't come back, I think you suffer worse than they do." -William Procter

Two kinds of people are staying on this beach, the dead and those who are going to die. Now let's get the hell out of here." -Col. George A. Taylor

"You will kill 10 of our men, and we will kill 1 of yours, and in the end it will be you who tire of it." -Ho Chi Minh (Nguyen Tat Thanh)
Old October 22nd, 2003, 05:58 PM
Kayleigh
Pokémon-de-Superb

Ooh... >_<; This thread is for the Halloween party, remember? You two ought to make a thread about your plans on Halloween night. Then everyone can tell each other what they're plotting. *cackles*

Okaaay, I've made my random scary post for the day.

And you actually go trick or treating too? Ahh, I don't like going for the candy. It just rots out my teeth... But dressing up is fun, considering you only really get to do it on Halloween.

Last edited by Kayleigh; October 22nd, 2003 at 06:01 PM.
Old October 22nd, 2003, 05:59 PM
PokeTrainerCarol

unfotunately I can't come during that time...this relative of mine has a halloween party...and I guess I'm forced to go I can 'dress' my avatar and sig though...I don't have school in Halloween!
Old October 22nd, 2003, 06:03 PM
latiosspud
Gym Leader

Originally Posted by PokeTrainerCarol
unfotunately I can't come during that time...this relative of mine has a halloween party...and I guess I'm forced to go I can 'dress' my avatar and sig though...I don't have school in Halloween!
I don't have school on the 31st either...it's parent/teacher interview day for me.

"When you live so close together for a year's time and you stay back and they go and don't come back, I think you suffer worse than they do." -William Procter

Two kinds of people are staying on this beach, the dead and those who are going to die. Now let's get the hell out of here." -Col. George A. Taylor

"You will kill 10 of our men, and we will kill 1 of yours, and in the end it will be you who tire of it." -Ho Chi Minh (Nguyen Tat Thanh)
Old October 22nd, 2003, 06:04 PM
Kayleigh
Pokémon-de-Superb

Okay! I've already found some really cute Halloween avatars, so I'm covered for that. We need Vito here to confirm any of our ideas though, since this is his thread...

Oh, and I made a new thread especially for DragonTrainer and Dizzy. ;P I won't need to explain anything once they read the subject, lol.

Last edited by Kayleigh; October 22nd, 2003 at 06:10 PM.
Old October 22nd, 2003, 06:10 PM
Seviper
Ssssssseviper

I already have the pics for my sig banner but I need to put them together...the hard part.

I'm thinking of recoloring the Seviper avatar Moonlight made me or one of my Gruntilda avatars.

DragonWave City Forums
mForums Extreme
Old October 22nd, 2003, 06:15 PM
Kayleigh
Pokémon-de-Superb

Okay, that's good. I'm still thinking of other things that we could do. We need more people to post their suggestions... The three of us can't do it alone. ; I'll have to invite some of my friends to help.

Ooh, and I think the Gruntilda avatar would look nice, since she's is a witch. And what about an offical banner for the whole event? I'm just naming random suggestions. '

Last edited by Kayleigh; October 22nd, 2003 at 06:20 PM.
Old October 23rd, 2003, 01:42 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura

All these suggestions are really really good.
Although I don't really know about the pranks.
I had the same sorta idea as well - dress up your avatars, make them really scary... Grunty = Great Suggestion Shadow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayleigh
And what about an offical banner for the whole event?
If you mean Pokťmon Community banner, unfortunately we're out of luck, since none of the admins have made a halloween skin (STEVE?).
But if you mean a banner for the thread? XD Then we've got luck, since IMG code is enabled...

Sssscary... what would you dress your avatar to look like?
I might look for a picture with "skull Ash" (from the episode of Ash when he wears his bone halloween mask). It'll be scary...
Or even "zombie-style Delia" - from one of the Master Quest League Preliminary Episodes (The Unown of the wondrous country).

Or even a man dressed in what looks really satonic (which he looks like a grim reaper), holding a... well whatever it is... (Oh Shadow...) XD

Anyway, I'm sending out the invitations.

That's Our Switch.

Last edited by Hiroshi Sotomura; October 23rd, 2003 at 01:45 AM.
Old October 23rd, 2003, 03:44 AM
John Denver
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via AIM to John Denver Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to John Denver
I'll be drawing something I know that..shizzah...

BOO ya!
Old October 23rd, 2003, 04:43 AM
Kayleigh
Pokémon-de-Superb

Yep, I meant a banner especially for this thread, if anyone wants to make one. ; I think I know of some good avatars that I could use, if not I'll decorate some. Do you think assignments would be any good? It might help, if any volunteers would like a job.
Old October 23rd, 2003, 06:28 AM
Blaziken
<3

Send a message via AIM to Blaziken Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Blaziken Send a message via Yahoo to Blaziken
How about all Halloween week? B/C I can't get on at night or morning, o.O
Old October 23rd, 2003, 11:45 AM
Seviper
Ssssssseviper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Winstrate
Or even a man dressed in what looks really satonic (which he looks like a grim reaper), holding a... well whatever it is... (Oh Shadow...) XD
*eye twitches* Don't bring up that avatar again! And its a scythe!

And make it the whole week of Halloween is a good idea since half of use will probably be getting some candy.

Oh and I'll be posting free Halloween avatars that I got from various video clips for people to use if they want to. First up: Zimmy Doomy Halloweeny Avatar Things.
Attached Images
File Type: gif zimava.gif‎ (7.4 KB, 2 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: gif girava.gif‎ (7.4 KB, 2 views) (Save to Dropbox)

DragonWave City Forums
mForums Extreme

Last edited by Seviper; October 23rd, 2003 at 12:02 PM.
Old October 23rd, 2003, 11:56 AM
MoonLight
The Stars Are Pretty ~

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MoonLight Send a message via Skype™ to MoonLight
Yeah i like this idea it deff sounds like fun i could also make some Halloween Avatars if ya want ! XD wow my B-day is Sunday pretty close to halloween XD

Im mvtm's sidekick
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here