The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.

View Poll Results: what do u think of the shadow pokemon sprites?
theyre great i love em! 24 80.00%
nah theyre rubbish! 6 20.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 2nd, 2008, 06:15 AM
DARKSHADE
Waiting.. In the Shadows..

Nature: Adamant

banner made by shadow_dark_chaos

A PKMN COLOSSEUM REMAKE FOR GBA TO RE-ENJOY THE AMAZING STORYLINE OF POKEMON COLOSSEUM!!!!!

This is a Hack of Fire red
And is called "pokemon colosseum:advance"

storyline:
Spoiler:
This main storyline is set in the world of Orre and is based around the “Shadow Pokémon.” These Pokémon to describe it simply have had the doors to their hearts shut off. Your mission is to travel the world of Orre and rescue these shadow Pokémon.
Whilst travelling the world of Orre you may come across trainers who have shadow Pokémon in their party, when you seem these Pokémon, you can snag them from the trainers. However you can only do this with shadow Pokémon, and no others. Shadow Pokémon are the only Pokémon that you can catch in the entire game with the exception of one, which you actually unlock later in the game.
To catch a shadow Pokémon you have to first weaken it, the basics from the original Pokémon games is back with that idea. When the Pokémon is weak, you may throw a snag ball at the shadow Pokémon and attempt to capture it. Should you make the shadow Pokémon faint then you may have to battle the trainer again in order to capture it, however some Pokémon when you make them faint you will not have another chance to capture, until a lot later in the game.
Once you capture a shadow Pokémon you then have the task of unlocking the door to its heart and emotions once again. To unlock the door you have to battle with the Pokémon, every time you battle with a shadow Pokémon, the gauge (which you can see under the Pokémon’s name in battle) will go down slightly. You will notice that when you pass certain points on the gauge (marked on there with a line) you will unlock new attacks for that Pokémon that it had forgotten due to this lock being in place. It is important that you unlock the doors to Pokémon’s hearts because they will not be permitted to enter some tournaments and also sometimes they will not obey so to speak. They only have one attack to start with but if you start to use the moves that they unlock as the door to their heart becomes to weaker, they start to disobey from time to time. Once the door is unlocked you can use any of the attacks they know without them disobeying.
As you move further through the storyline you will learn that to ‘purify’ a Pokémon you have to weaken the door until the gauge has dropped to nothing and then take it to a sacred place and then the door can be unlocked fully. This allows you to use all of their attacks with no problem, and they will be permitted to enter all of the tournaments. There is another way to unlock the door to a Pokémon’s heart and that is for them to see a Celebi. This is only possible with the help of a key item called a Time Flute, now there are only so many of these within the game, so you should use them wisely.
Again, as you move further through the storyline you will also see more and more of your favorite Pokémon. You will even see some legendary Pokémon, and are able to catch some of them. The legendaries I won’t say which they are, but they are very quick and very strong so they are a great addition to your team, and you only get one shot at catching them so you need to make sure that you catch them. They are a pain to catch and can get you quite frustrated, however if that happens, you should come off the game for a while and take a break, as I find that I have more success when I’m not obsessed with catching the Pokémon =].
I think that this storyline is very good, and it kept me interested for hours. It is a very straight forward storyline, but only if you keep up with what is going on and don’t skip the dialogue. If you do, you can become quite stuck for what to do and can take you a while to get back on track. Another thing that may stop you from having the very straight forward storyline is if you don’t purify the shadow Pokémon, as it is very important you do this so you can use all of their abilities without a hitch. The final thing that I can think of that would possibly make you struggle is if you do not catch any of the legendary Pokémon, as these guys are very important in helping you through the game.
This game is definitely worth the buy just for the storyline as it does keep going for a while, easily over 20 hours if you do it properly and don’t rush. It is quite an interesting one too that can get you hooked a little.
There are some setbacks however to the storyline. There are no mini games or side quests so to speak of with this storyline. The only thing that you can really do is to take part in the Mt.Battle challenge and complete it. There is a very nice prize available should you complete the challenge. This challenge is a nice legendary Pokémon which is even better than the ones you come across in the storyline. However there are conditions that need to be met. Other than this there are not many side quests you can do, there are couple of things post game you can do which are story lined really, these you find out by email. However the main thing, and most fun thing, is to purify all of the shadow Pokémon (48 to be exact).
Another setback for the storyline is that you cannot roam so much, on the other GBA games such as Ruby and Sapphire; you get a lot of room to roam, travelling from city to city by foot or by sea. I think that travelling like that is a nice idea and gets the player in that mood to explore and possibly discover new things. However with Pokémon Colosseum you do not get this freedom. You still travel from city to city, however this is in an animation where you are on a bike (which looks quite cool to be honest) and not be foot or by sea. This is a good thing in a way as you get to where you want to go a lot faster than you would in the game boy advance games, and I understand that without the ability to catch Pokémon there is not as much point having the ability to roam about, it is still nice to be allowed that freedom from time to time. So it is a setback depending on how much freedom you like to have.

all help is welcome even if its like a really small task like making 1 sprite

thx to big steve eveon and dark cookie i can now implement shadow pokemon in the game!

screenshots:
Spoiler:
agate village:

the hero sprite is a bit out of date so here is the new one:

maps:
Spoiler:

PHENAC CITY:

videos:
Spoiler:
none yet

credits:
Spoiler:
Alistair and Pounder_Zeikku for tiles/sprites

looking for recruits....... (if you want to become a recruit please look at the team thread: )

TEAM:
Spoiler:

ELEMENT: MAPPER
CHARIZARD19:MAPPER
TURTWIGTOON:MAPPER
HOCKEYPANDA32:MAPPER AND TILE MAKER
TCRIPTING
GAMER 2020 :BETAS TESTER AND OW SPRITER
HAPPYFACEINCPRITER (DAMN GOOD ONE!)
POKEMONCRAZYPRITER (DAMN GOOD ONE!)
SUPERSHADOW:TILE MAKING AND SPRTING
LUKEH:BETA TESTER AND OTHERS IF IN NEED OF HELP
SHADOWLURKER:GENERAL HELP IN FINDING THINGS
0M3GA ARS3NAL: ADVANCE SCRIPTING
ME: SPRITER & OW SPRITER AND MAPPING

support banners:

Spoiler:

Banner made by lukeh slightly edited by me!

banner made by: me
[/B]
message ended

screenies coming soon:

message ended for real lol!

Last edited by DARKSHADE; December 20th, 2008 at 05:47 AM.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 06:34 AM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
Blaizchu please set up a chat with hiroshi now! HHMMM *clears throat* Learn something or gtfo. Harsh I know but no one can help you on everything. Specially scripting. You need to learn that or have a really good luck streek to have someone come up to you and say hey this is cool Ill do all the work of the hack for you an unknown new person on the board!
Old June 2nd, 2008, 06:56 AM
bolmedias14
Beginning Trainer

secondly, cookie has a big point.

Tails the level 5 Buizel

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

Get your own at Pokeplushies!
Old June 2nd, 2008, 06:57 AM
DARKSHADE

im not asking for help on everything this isnt just my hack this is everyones hack so 1 persons gonna help with sum stuffs and others are gonna help with others got a problem with that?
Old June 2nd, 2008, 07:07 AM
Mitchman

Oh its everyones hack like a community project. Lol good one try again. If its a community project does blaizchu christos or hiroshi(which I consider a big contrbutor to rules and stuff like that to the hack area) know about this even. NO they dont so meh dont fool us.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 08:05 AM
bolmedias14
Beginning Trainer

Mate, think before you post. This is not everybody's hack, it's yours. You may get a few people to help you, but unless you have experience yourself, don't even bother.

Also, in theory, it's not a bad idea, but it is actually amazingly complicated. Also, as I have said to a remarkably similar hack, Orre will not look good in 2D.

Should be locked IMHO.

Tails the level 5 Buizel

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

Get your own at Pokeplushies!
Old June 2nd, 2008, 04:25 PM
Busted 101
Majestic but Crazed

Hey this is just like my project. But my game takes place 10 years into the future from XD gale of Darkness. But good luck.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 01:52 AM
Blazichu
Bahhhh?

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Blazichu
As what bolmedias14 said, this is your hack. You can ask for help, you have to be working on this also. You can't just get others to do everything.

Also darkcookie_93, I find nothing wrong with the thread.

←(left) the online world for life(MSN, PC etc.)~
Old June 3rd, 2008, 02:23 AM
Mitchman

I meant get an approval filter in the scrapbox. Its getting to ridicoulus. Anyweh yeah this is spam so meh goodb luck an I hope you get at least a tiny bit of work done.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 02:26 AM
dragonarche
Is back :D

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to dragonarche
wow i would realy like to play thi
gooood luck on da hack

Experienced Vb.net and C# Dev
Old June 3rd, 2008, 02:39 AM
BigSteve
Pokemon Bright Gold

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BigSteve
There's one slight problem with this hack; even the most knowledgable hackers cannot script the snag machine
to capture the shadow pokemon

there is a way of doing it however,
if the trainer's end of battle words were something like
'You'll never beat my shadow pokemon!!'
and then a wild pokemon event was triggered with the shadow pokemon was triggered
but being as you're a beginner i highly doubt that you'll be able to do that
to start off, get yourself some tools and roms,
make hacks that you say nothing about
just make them for practice and learning
saying that, i've learned everything whilst making my hack
Old June 3rd, 2008, 03:00 AM
Crazyninjaguy
I'm back.

if you can get the snag macjine it will be amazing!!!
Plus, your description of your game is huge!
its given us a really in-depth preview of what the games gonna be like
=D
Old June 3rd, 2008, 06:46 AM
DARKSHADE

kk guys thx 4 the good comments what im doing to contribute is to make the maps (tiling) and a bit of spriting sorry if u dont like the idea ty v much big steve and crazyninjaguy and khan
and busted 101

dark cookie if u dont like the hack then dont bother coming on this thread

i say its everybodys thread because if people like the idea then they will contribute im also slaving my ass off trying to do the map so i am contributing best i can and ive tried to learn to script n stuff but i cant get my head around hexidecimal numbers!

screenies coming soon!

theyre on ma bebo at the mo so ill post em on soon
Old June 3rd, 2008, 10:26 AM
BigSteve
Pokemon Bright Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyninjaguy View Post
if you can get the snag macjine it will be amazing!!!
Plus, your description of your game is huge!
its given us a really in-depth preview of what the games gonna be like
=D
a sprite of Wes with the snag machine is easily doable, but actually stealing a trainers pokemon mid battle isnt which is why i posted the idea above
you cant say you didnt see it because i posted 20 mins before you

oh and btw, is it just me or...
i skimmed a bit of the description and it looks like the colloseum description

btw, a feature u might wanna consider- finding out which pokemon weren't in colloseum and replace them with XD pokemon for your shadow pokemon
by XD i mean they're shadow pokemon to the point that they change physically like Lugia
or my Croconaw here

(jpeg to prevent robbery )
Old June 3rd, 2008, 03:26 PM
Busted 101
Majestic but Crazed

But still this is a good hack!
Old June 4th, 2008, 06:33 AM
DARKSHADE

kk ty busted 101

and bigsteve like your ideas also ur a idea about battling shadow pokemon wouldnt u still b able to select run and "get way safely" lol
Old June 4th, 2008, 07:38 AM
BigSteve
Pokemon Bright Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshade View Post
kk ty busted 101

and bigsteve like your ideas also ur a idea about battling shadow pokemon wouldnt u still b able to select run and "get way safely" lol
well, i thought you'd have thought of it but witht he shadow pokemon being a seperate pokemon to its non shadow counterpart (the only way u can have 2 diff sprites in the way u need). This means you can give them different movesets etc. - the etc. including their special abilities: Arena Trap - like a Trapinch has, it basically means you can't escape from it
Old June 4th, 2008, 07:41 AM
DARKSHADE

wow good idea !!!!
ty v much!

although trainers usually would have 1 shadow and lots of normals so how could you link real battles to wild/shadow battles?

the decription is a colosseum description yeah i couldnt bothered to wtrite one myself and theyre basically the same so yeah!

Last edited by Christos; June 4th, 2008 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 4th, 2008, 07:55 AM
BigSteve
Pokemon Bright Gold

Quote:
wow good idea !!!!
ty v much!

although trainers usually would have 1 shadow and lots of normals so how could you link real battles to wild/shadow battles?
i dont know the scripts but i know the concept
basically
you have the battle, but before telling the script to reload the moving sprites etc for the overworld you have the script to trigger a wild pokemon battle and load moving sprites etc after that

Last edited by Christos; June 4th, 2008 at 08:28 AM.
Old June 4th, 2008, 08:10 AM
DARKSHADE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsteve View Post
i dont know the scripts but i know the concept
basically
you have the battle, but before telling the script to reload the moving sprites etc for the overworld you have the script to trigger a wild pokemon battle and load moving sprites etc after that
sounds like a good idea to me also checked out ur hack nice work!
Old June 4th, 2008, 08:26 AM
BigSteve
Pokemon Bright Gold

Quote:
sounds like a good idea to me also checked out ur hack nice work!
Thanks
I'm not doing much on it at the moment though because I'm learning to play guitar and i have exams
Old June 4th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Christos
Project Shinx

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to Christos
Quote:
wow good idea !!!!
ty v much!

the decription is a colosseum description yeah i couldnt bothered to wtrite one myself and theyre basically the same so yeah!
darkshade, swearing is not permitted in the forum.
Old June 4th, 2008, 08:33 AM
DARKSHADE

v sorry didnt know wont happen again!
Old June 4th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Tyrantrum
none pizza with left beef
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
Hey, darkshade!
Wow, that's one big story.
I didn't read it(don't have the patience), but skimmed through and saw "Orre Region"
So, ur making it like XD: Gale of Darkness and Colleseum...
Something like this should go in the games showcase.
To make stuff like that is practically impossible.
Especially the Snag Machine.
In the games showcase, u use RMXGP or whatever they call it, where u start everything from scratch.
It's like ur on game, not a hack.
Maybe u should try that, cause there is a better chance of making something like this in the games showcase.
K?
Well, I wish u TOL, GL!

(x) Tumblr
(y) Gallery
Previously Eeveon
Old June 4th, 2008, 08:55 AM
meee its all about meeee
Is Currently In Outer Space

Location: Planet Cool In Galaxy Supa Fly And Fresh In A Dimension Called Funk
i Never Really Liked the Snag Idea You Know Makes it Really Hard To Ev And iv Train Pokemon And It Makes it Were You Cant Have the Team You Want You Have To Settle So I Think You Should Allow A Daycare or Something And Let People Catch Really Strong Pokemon For Instence Dragonite, Salamence, Metagross, Garchomp, Etc You Know Urber Pokemon Shadow Lugia And Shadow ho-oh Woul Be A Awsome Addition Also

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links