Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Reload this Page Pokemon Apocalypse

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old August 11th, 2009 (11:36 AM). Edited August 14th, 2009 by 0d'.

Nature: Careful
Hello, people.
I'm 0d, actually I was doubtfull about posting this thread, cause I only started hacking a month ago, so I'm not defo making this hack, this is just a draft... I hope to learn much more about hacking in time. And in time I'll be progressing with this project and updating it.

Pokemon Apocalypse;

The end is coming, coming up behind you.

. Basic Info;

# Name: Pokemon Apocalypse (or Doomsday)
# Author: 0d
# Hack of: BPRE

. Features;

# New Hero
# New maps
# New region of (TBA)
# Starters : Lavitar, Bagon, Elekid
# Events and sub-events
# Your rival is actually a friend instead of an ennemie
# Seals to protect, so you can stop the apocalypse
# The gym challenge isn't necessary
# Some pokemons from generation IV

#
Legendary pokemons from all generations
# The apocalypse and the end of all pokemon, but who is behind this ?

. STORY;

may change.
OBS: My english is far from good, this storyline isn't with the goal of being beatiful and good redacted but to be understandable.

You're 17 years old, soon it will be your 18th birthday. Your dad, Richard Cooper, is actually dead, which means you're orphan. Your father was the best pokemon trainner the world ever met, carrying the Cooper's lastname is a kind hard, people expect really much from you. Bobby, your dad's bestfriend is the one who takes care of you. He is the only one who knows how your dad deceased, during your childhood you've heard lot of rumors about your dad's death. A long time ago, Bobby promissed to tell the truth about your dad's death when you'll be 18 years old.

Today is the big day, but when you wake up and get downstairs Bobby disappeard. The only thing you find is a pokeball, you get to the Lab to warn Stacy, the professor. Stacy checks which pokemon is inside of the pokeball and refuses to let you carry it as your pokemon, cause you're not ready as trainner. By the way she gives you the opportunity to choose beetwen three pokemons, so did she with her nephew, Mike, actually your bestfriend.

You leave your hometown, trying to get experience as trainner, you decide to challenge some gyms, you discover soon the fact that a mistery someone is trying to catch all legendary pokemons, and somehow to destroy em'. But according profecies when one pokemon leaves earth it's one step closer to the apocalypse, finishing with a legendary pokemon is breaking a seal.

Who's behind this ? Is that possible to end with the legendaries pokemons on earth ? How can you stop that ?
Anyways something deep inside of your heart tells you that fighting versus a future
apocalypse will make things very clear for you and uncloak what happenned to Bobby and your dad.

. Hoster (so far);

# 0d
# At the moment I'm trying to work alone and improove my skills, so I only need spriters and inserters at the moment.

. Screenies;

Spoiler:
None yet

. Little explanation about seals
;

# Maybe you had the doubt about what the hell is a seal ? Well, it's not the pokemon we are talking about. According the bible and the revelation book, a seal is an action, one step, to the apocalypse. What I decided to do is a kind of adaptation. So, killing a legendary pokemon is breaking/destroying a seal. It may change, this is just a starting idea. I'll developp it, soon.

. P.S;
# I accept any ideas, criticism... My goal is to always improve.

Warm/Feed my eggs/poke, please!
I'll warm yours back.

check out my project: Pokemon APOCALYPSE

Spoiler:
Curiosity kills.

Made In Brazil
Old August 13th, 2009 (01:18 PM).
CoOmnipotent1of Pokemon:WARPED

Nature: Jolly
Opinion: This is... interesting. The storyline is very different, which is good. We need less gym leaders and elite 4 stuff these days and more original plots. I like the idea of the seals and killing legendary pokemon, that's actually pretty cool.

Question: Who are the starters?

Observation: You say the player has a crush on the professor's neice, Estelle. But what if the player chooses to be female? That would make it... awkward. (I'm all for LGBT in games though, so it doesn't really matter)

Advice: NEVER say "Oh I'm a n00b I know"... it will make people read your stuff less. Never disrespect yourself and your talents. That's what critics are for. Simply present your work and occassionally add "I'm AWESOME!"

Hey everyone! Check out my blog where I playthrough Pokemon Fire Red. It contains humour. http://thattallguyoverthere.tumblr.com/post/5935558445/pokemon-firered-log-11

So a guy started playing through Pokemon: Warped. I demand that you all watch it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixBje1Ae6Uw
Old August 13th, 2009 (03:16 PM).

About the starters, I've been thinking:

Bulbasaur, Totodile, Torchic
Charmander, Chikorita, Mudkip
Squirtle, Cyndaquil, Treecko
Lotad, Larvitar, Mareep (or Pichu: with changes in evolution.)
Aron, Trapinch, Shinx
Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup
Elekid, Magby, Spheal

But that's too hard to make a decision.. ¬¬

And about the choice of the gender... I think I'm gonn change it.

Or maybe if you choose to be a girl you'll be lesbo... pokemon is japanese... japanese are about perversion, joking.

Ye, I'm really gonn change the rival stuff.

I'll warm yours back.

Spoiler:
Curiosity kills.

Made In Brazil
Old August 13th, 2009 (06:57 PM).
I Wrote Holden Caulfield

Nature: Calm
May I suggest that you should script it so that the best friend to a boy if the player chooses a girl?? But I'm all for the lesbian thing. Alo, you spelled appocalypse wrong. << Iz the right way to spell it.
She's really up on things
Old August 14th, 2009 (02:35 AM).
CoOmnipotent1of Pokemon:WARPED

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by TFIIB:
May I suggest that you should script it so that the best friend to a boy if the player chooses a girl?? But I'm all for the lesbian thing. Alo, you spelled appocalypse wrong. << Iz the right way to spell it.
I think you'll find it's spelt Apocalypse actually... :)

Perhaps there should be a vote on whether the female player is a lesbian or not. It would be, err... interesting, to have something like that in a hack.

0d, you need to think about type strengths and weaknesses before deciding on your starters. There's been way too much Grass-Fire-Water starters in hacks, why don't you try something different, to be original? Like Ground-Flying-Electric, or Fighting-Psychic-Dark or something.

Also, you say the gym challenge isn't neccessary. Does that mean there still will be gyms that are just optional, or they won't be there at all?

Hey everyone! Check out my blog where I playthrough Pokemon Fire Red. It contains humour. http://thattallguyoverthere.tumblr.com/post/5935558445/pokemon-firered-log-11

So a guy started playing through Pokemon: Warped. I demand that you all watch it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixBje1Ae6Uw
Old August 14th, 2009 (03:17 AM). Edited August 14th, 2009 by 0d'.

Quote originally posted by TFIIB:
Is there a way, to do it ? I've been looking for it, of course. But didn't find anything. Are you sure there is ?

Quote originally posted by Magneto20:

0d, you need to think about type strengths and weaknesses before deciding on your starters. There's been way too much Grass-Fire-Water starters in hacks, why don't you try something different, to be original? Like Ground-Flying-Electric, or Fighting-Psychic-Dark or something.

Also, you say the gym challenge isn't neccessary. Does that mean there still will be gyms that are just optional, or they won't be there at all?
I'll think about the starters Ground-Flying-Eletric, Fighting-Psychic-Dark and post a poll soon.

There will be gyms, it will be somehow a way to make the player get level up with his pokemon... But the whole history will be focus in stoping the end of the world.

-

EDIT:
Well as you can see in the Features, the starters have been added. I decided to put Larvitar, Bagon and Elekid.

I'll warm yours back.

Spoiler:
Curiosity kills.

Made In Brazil
Old November 8th, 2009 (01:30 PM).
I Wrote Holden Caulfield

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by 0d':
Is there a way, to do it ? I've been looking for it, of course. But didn't find anything. Are you sure there is ?
There's a way to script most anything. In emerald ruby and Sapphire your rival was changed depending on your selection wasn't it?? D/P/Pt??
She's really up on things
Old November 9th, 2009 (04:56 AM).
the man in black
Crystal Tier

Revival ):

Closed~

Sponsored Links