The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 10th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty

Advertise here
Southwest. Hmm couldnt you make it south east so I can suggest connecting hoenn through the left most island by ever grande?
Old June 10th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Riceeman
Spriter Guy

Nature: Lonely
Bug Trainer Sprite is mine. I'm making not just overworld Sprites but making custom trainers for the normal types of trainer. And I like the Nugget Maze too!
Old June 10th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Vampire://Krimm
→ clocks everywhere →
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vampire://Krimm
Attention: Alright guys, the Winner of the Dragonair Contest will be
announced TOMORROW, June 10th! All entries will not be accepted tomorrow,
so get them in today!
Old June 10th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
I'm dare we say...spritingly challenged. (Yes, I know it's not a word).

But, another suggestion.
Why don't we make Outa on a diffent hemisphere than the rest?
It add's originality.
Old June 11th, 2008, 09:34 AM
→ clocks everywhere →
Community Supporter

I wrote out a nice update for you guys, but my internet closed out ^_@ *stabs internet*

Mmm, Dragonairs and ToursJune 11th, 08

Hey members of PokeCommunity! It's your agitated game maker, Krimm again ^_@ Back with a rewritten update that I did 5 minutes ago. So here's the rundown version.

Thanks to everyone who entered the Dragonair Contest! We got 5 Entriess in total!

Congratulations to the winner....

Entry #2 - Rm2k3kid~

The Reason why I chose Rm2k3kid's sprite for Dragonair is because it looks like
the literal evolution of Dratini, it doesn't look just like Dratini with wing ear things. I think
he did a good job of updating Dragonair into a more dragon like pokemon. Good job ^_^
Rm2k3kid, PM me when you're ready for the winnings details.

Video Tour!WTFBBQ?!

Alright, alright, I know it's a bit early for a video but this is to show you guys a map of mine in live action! Maresia City is the third city in the Outa Region, and is one with many things to do of course not all of them being things you can do right away. The reason I didn't click on the buildings on the upper right before the Underground Passage is because their spoilers and would have revealed an unreleased feature :3 I apologize for the lack of sound, however it wouldn't exactly matter seeing as how the music the city has right now is only a place holder until I can find a good composer. Enjoy~

Maresia City Video Tour

Oh and by the way, there seems to be confusion in the pronounciation of Outa.

Outa:
Oh-Tah
O-t-ah

Stay Tuned for the next update! As I said, I won't release it at a certain reply number, I'll release it whenever I think it's ready. And remember, the next update the shadows at the top will be revealed~!

Attention All Members of PC: We're recruiting a Sugimori artist!
Anyone who knows how to draw and color, or even do pixel arts of
Pokemon is welcome to join us! We're highly interested in getting
some arts for new Pokemon to spice up the updates!

Now we are also looking for a Music Composer! If you can modify/edit or create your own
Pokemon Themed music, you're welcome to join us! : D
Old June 11th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
wow!
no wonder Rm2k3kid won!
that sprite is really done well!
can't wait to see his cameo.

are we suppose to guess what the pokemon shadows are or something?
Old June 11th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

Nature: Relaxed
Loved the video tour. I'm always so jealous of people using the starter kits in RmXP because they get to spend more time creating nice towns and populating them then I could. I loved the video mainly because your mapping looked really tight and tiles were well placed.
Good job.

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old June 11th, 2008, 06:56 PM
→ clocks everywhere →
Community Supporter

:3 Thanks for the comments guys!

@ Neo-Dragon: Yeah, I understand what you mean :p And I'm still not very happy with the Maresia City Map. The Gym part is the area that's bothering me >_<
Old June 11th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter

Well done sprite-maker ( what-ever your name is).

Nice city tour, could've donme with a bit more trainers though.
Old June 12th, 2008, 06:40 AM
→ clocks everywhere →
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcookie_93 View Post
Southwest. Hmm couldnt you make it south east so I can suggest connecting hoenn through the left most island by ever grande?
Well I made it Southwest for two primary reasons:

A) Southeast is where Pokegen's Region, Gohir is located. Didn't want to interfere there~
B) Okinawa is located Southwest from the Japanese area that Hoenn is based off of (completely slipped my mind : p) and since all the other Regions are roughly in the same area as their Japanese counterparts, I thought it would make sense to do the same.

Plus, if you can't tell, Dewford Island is the first Hoenn area you access : p

Production News: Alright guys, the next update is COMING SOON. I can't garuntee when exactly, but it should be here quickly~ As for now, I'm currently trying to map one of my favorite cities in the game and I'm failing D: So there won't be much of an update in the mapping department unless I finish it today.

Oh, and I finished the first Gym's Setup, including puzzles, trainers, and of course everything about the Gym Leader. She's tough! : D

As for a Demo, I'm actually still debating whether or not I should release a demo... So there are a slight chance that you might see something in the next month or so.

-----------

@ Libra: Yeah, the City isn't fully done yet. And I'll definitely look into adding more NPCs around lol.

See you guys! Keep up the comments, the next update will be arriving shortly! : D
Old June 12th, 2008, 07:20 AM
PoKéMaKeR
Pokemon Rancher creator!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PoKéMaKeR
When I first saw this thread, i was stunned!!
you're doing a brilliant job man !
I really like your idea.. and how you work it out!
I hope to see some progress cause it would be a shame if this is discontinued!!
so keep up the good work!!
PoKéMaKeR

Last update on the Rancher thread: February 26th 2009

Old June 12th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
Oh dewford is availible. Also um could you tell me if pokegen is a completed game?
Old June 12th, 2008, 11:30 AM
RSLaehnart
Pokémon Dance Troupe HR

This looks so stunning that I think I might have had Thunder Wave used on me. lolz
This looks just great! Might I ask if the battle system is done? I'd like to know how you got it to implement the same style as the games...

PS: I had been going to enter that contest you had, but I only just found this thread and it was 2 or so days too late... I really had wanted a chance at it. Maybe you could do another? One for completely custom pokémon that could appear in the region? Just throwing suggestions out there...

Old June 12th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Riceeman
Spriter Guy

Nature: Lonely
Yeah, another contest! I might win this time! Or not.... Anyways, looking as good as ever Krimmsy. Pm me whenever you need me to do anything else...
Old June 12th, 2008, 04:13 PM
→ clocks everywhere →
Community Supporter

@Dark-Cookie: No, Pokegen is not finished.

@RSLaehnart: Thanks ^^ Pokemon Essentials has the battle system already done, so yes, however the Attack Animations aren't done yet. And yes, there will be another contest soon ^^ Maybe for an evolution.

Here are two previews of the map I've been working on nearly all day. Details will come later, but here are some quick screenshots. Tell me what you think the area is like~ Guess away!

Attention All Members of PC: We're recruiting a Sugimori artist!
Anyone who knows how to draw and color, or even do pixel arts of
Pokemon is welcome to join us! We're highly interested in getting
some arts for new Pokemon to spice up the updates!

Now we are also looking for a Music Composer! If you can modify/edit or create your own
Pokemon Themed music, you're welcome to join us! : D
Old June 12th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
your using the wrong layer of mountain.
on the corners and side of mountains you shouldn't see grass(when mountain is on top of mountain)
just thought id point that out.

keep up the good work!
Old June 12th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

Nature: Adamant
This game looks amazing I love the new pokemon and such. The screens/maps have a very realistic feel to them, one thing I'd like to point out is that the mountain steps you are using are the wrong ones. If you look at firered or leafgreen those particular steps are atually used for pathways that go down on the back side of a mountain, see Sevil Island 7's trainer tower for example. Just figured I'd point that out.

But other than that I really enjoy this game and look forward to reading it when you update.

Good Luck.

Check out my DeviantArt account for info on my new project! Pokemon Tellurium.
My DeviantArt
Old June 12th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic_Reactor View Post
your using the wrong layer of mountain.
on the corners and side of mountains you shouldn't see grass(when mountain is on top of mountain)
just thought id point that out.

keep up the good work!
Nice point.

I suggest also adding a sign to the docks in screenshot 2.

And an name for the gym leader can be....Mirra.
Old June 12th, 2008, 09:54 PM
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded

rm2k3kid made a really badass sprite, there. In speaking of sprites, that toucan Pokemon in your sig, Krimm - can't wait to see what it does.

If ya want this to be a usable emote, copy & paste to show your support!

Support Amber IDE.......because, seriously, we need an actual Pokemon game engine.

For those who don't know, Nintendo has shut down Pokemon Fusion Generation in a massive case of overreach.
Let's show Nintendo that that ain't acceptable.
Use the hashtag #FreePFG on Twitter, so that one guy's hard work isn't erased.

Feel free to PM me if ya have any questions.
Old June 12th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter

I wouldn't use bad-ass. I would use boom shaka laka as a description.

I think that toucan is like the Pikachu of Outa. Outa's mascot.
Old June 12th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Saiyu
♥ Eevee Insanity ♥

Send a message via AIM to Saiyu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saiyu Send a message via Yahoo to Saiyu
Krimm isn't online right now, so I feel like answering what I can for him~!

Atomic Reactor... Krimm actually wants grass growing out of the side of the moutains for some reason >>

Libra.. I think we have the Gym Leader's names planned out, but I still like that name

Heavy Octillary and Libra.. I'm not quite sure, but I believe Toulav- the toucan- is Krimm's favorite pokemon in Pokemon Neo Eras :3 So it is fitting that it would be the mascot <3 I like it to, but its not my favorite of the new pokemon.. I can't say what my favorite new pokemon is because you wouldn't even know; it hasn't been revealed yet xD
Old June 12th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyu View Post
Krimm isn't online right now, so I feel like answering what I can for him~!

Atomic Reactor... Krimm actually wants grass growing out of the side of the moutains for some reason >>

Libra.. I think we have the Gym Leader's names planned out, but I still like that name

Heavy Octillary and Libra.. I'm not quite sure, but I believe Toulav- the toucan- is Krimm's favorite pokemon in Pokemon Neo Eras :3 So it is fitting that it would be the mascot <3 I like it to, but its not my favorite of the new pokemon.. I can't say what my favorite new pokemon is because you wouldn't even know; it hasn't been revealed yet xD
Who are you?
His/her interpreter?

Anyways, I quite like that name too, it's a derivation of Mirror (duh).
Old June 12th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Saiyu
♥ Eevee Insanity ♥

Send a message via AIM to Saiyu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saiyu Send a message via Yahoo to Saiyu
Um... Not an interpreter.. Just part of the staff.. And I just like answering for people for some odd reason
Old June 12th, 2008, 11:52 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyu View Post
Um... Not an interpreter.. Just part of the staff.. And I just like answering for people for some odd reason

Oh don't we all.
I sent a PM to Krimm, top secret.
Old June 13th, 2008, 02:28 AM
→ clocks everywhere →
Community Supporter

@Atomic Reactor: That isn't exactly an error, but it more or less states your opinion on mapping. However it does look better with mountain sides, so thanks for pointing that out I guess lol.

@MinorThreat: whoops x_x I wouldn't have ever guess...I don't play those games XD Well, I've never beaten them. I loose interest too quickly lol.

@Libra: Good idea :D Like I said, the map is nowhere close to being finished. NPCs, finalizing the houses, tileset, etc, etc. So I'll defnitely add a sign! And as Saiyu said, the Gym Leader for the city is already completed, and she's an active leader, so there isn't much chance I'll be removing her lol.

@Heavy Octillery & Libra: Heheh :3 Saiyu is right, the Toucan currently is, and always was my favorite Pokemon in Outa. I don't know if it's exactly the mascot of Outa, because Outa has several mascots that take the mascot appearance, like Aipom in the title screen, the Toucan under the title, and Elatt represents the storyline of a new beginning, similiar to how Pikachu symbolized a new beginning in the anime.

And yes, as I've stated previously, Saiyu is staff, and at any time can answer the questions, unless of course she doesn't know them. Since for the most part, she probably already knows what I would say : p

Thanks for the comments guys! I'm working really hard to bring you guys something special for the update! Just wait! lol.

Last edited by Vampire://Krimm; June 13th, 2008 at 03:06 AM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here