Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index



Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #51    
Old January 12th, 2009, 03:44 AM
Pkmn_knight's Avatar
Pkmn_knight
A Knight Of Pokemon
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: South of France
Age: 20
Gender:
Nature: Calm
Send a message via AIM to Pkmn_knight Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Pkmn_knight Send a message via Yahoo to Pkmn_knight

Advertise here
Need to get Pivot to update the first post to show all the new things.
  #52    
Old January 21st, 2009, 09:40 PM
SeaSquirt's Avatar
SeaSquirt
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Davis, California, USA
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
I just started playing this game and I'm very impressed! My favorite Pokemon MMO so far. Plus I have a soft spot for Java. : ) I saw on the Pokemon Global site that you're porting to Darkstar--has that gone well so far? I've been considering messing around with Darkstar but haven't gotten around to it.
  #53    
Old January 22nd, 2009, 12:18 PM
fshy00
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
We started some work on Darkstar, but it proved too difficult for most of our coders so we pushed it back to after we get 1.0 finished; we still have some work in a branch in SVN. It seems like you know Java though, would you be interested in helping us? We're always on the lookout for a new coder
  #54    
Old January 24th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Pivot
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Gender:
Updated. Please contact fshy with any inquiries from now on.
  #55    
Old January 27th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Pkmn_knight's Avatar
Pkmn_knight
A Knight Of Pokemon
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: South of France
Age: 20
Gender:
Nature: Calm
Send a message via AIM to Pkmn_knight Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Pkmn_knight Send a message via Yahoo to Pkmn_knight
Ah nice and updated. Good work Piv, Anyway people will now see the current game rather then.. the ancient version hehe.
  #56    
Old February 13th, 2009, 08:30 PM
SkyPioneer's Avatar
SkyPioneer
Psyduck
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: ur mums bed LMAO
Send a message via AIM to SkyPioneer
Alright, serious critique time.
First off, controls are not explained. I know that you have them in that little ? box up the top, but really, they should be said straight to the player, and not left for the player to discover him/herself
I tried walking into elm along with thousands of different keys before i realised that it was the space bar that was used to talk.
Movement is sluggish, I understand that your server might not be able to keep up, but seriously? Movement alone stopped me from visiting every ones house and talking to NPC's. Seriously, it's that much of a problem. I don't know if your planning to put a bike in this game, but let me tell you, don't even bother until you get the walking issue underway.
Thirdly: Music. I know that you put it in due to request, and that's a very good thing that you actually listen to requests, but jeez, if you're going to get a pathetic MIDI file, then don't even bother. Or if you are gonna do it anyway, at least have DIFFERENT MUSIC FOR DIFFERENT PLACES. Having the same music just gets annoying and is bound to raise blood pressure. At the very least, get a good MIDI. The battle music is terrible.
Next, difficulty. Whatever happened to starting out with 3000 pokedollars, like the normal games? And why do pokemon only drop 5-20 a peice when pokeballs themselves cost 100? This makes it too difficult to raise weaker pokemon who need potions more (if there are potion in this game). Another thing. Proffesor Elm just tells you to bugger off to Cherrygrove. Going there does nothing. You are assuming the player has played GSC before and knows they must visit Mr Pokemon's house.
:/

On the plus side, the sprites are nice and clean. There is a bit of pixelisation but it's forgivable. The layout is fantastic, the menus are easy to navigate, registration takes seconds.
But it does not, in any way, feel like any of the pokemon games do.

There it is, critique, raw and harsh. Just remember, the harsher I am, the more pissed I am about that certain subject.
I wish to see more in this project.
Oops, no more rep system.
  #57    
Old February 13th, 2009, 11:22 PM
fshy00
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyPioneer View Post
Alright, serious critique time.
First off, controls are not explained. I know that you have them in that little ? box up the top, but really, they should be said straight to the player, and not left for the player to discover him/herself
I tried walking into elm along with thousands of different keys before i realised that it was the space bar that was used to talk.
Movement is sluggish, I understand that your server might not be able to keep up, but seriously? Movement alone stopped me from visiting every ones house and talking to NPC's. Seriously, it's that much of a problem. I don't know if your planning to put a bike in this game, but let me tell you, don't even bother until you get the walking issue underway.
Thirdly: Music. I know that you put it in due to request, and that's a very good thing that you actually listen to requests, but jeez, if you're going to get a pathetic MIDI file, then don't even bother. Or if you are gonna do it anyway, at least have DIFFERENT MUSIC FOR DIFFERENT PLACES. Having the same music just gets annoying and is bound to raise blood pressure. At the very least, get a good MIDI. The battle music is terrible.
Next, difficulty. Whatever happened to starting out with 3000 pokedollars, like the normal games? And why do pokemon only drop 5-20 a peice when pokeballs themselves cost 100? This makes it too difficult to raise weaker pokemon who need potions more (if there are potion in this game). Another thing. Proffesor Elm just tells you to bugger off to Cherrygrove. Going there does nothing. You are assuming the player has played GSC before and knows they must visit Mr Pokemon's house.
:/

On the plus side, the sprites are nice and clean. There is a bit of pixelisation but it's forgivable. The layout is fantastic, the menus are easy to navigate, registration takes seconds.
But it does not, in any way, feel like any of the pokemon games do.

There it is, critique, raw and harsh. Just remember, the harsher I am, the more pissed I am about that certain subject.
I wish to see more in this project.
Controls -- Very true; but we'll do a more helpful menu explanation later; when we're out of beta.

Movement -- We're working on that, its top priority right now

Music -- Eeeh, that effort was half-***ed on the making; we mostly wanted to test if we could add music in via OpenAL

Starting out with 3000 PD is an oversight; we should correct that. Pokemon currently drop only 5 PD, which is really pathetic; we'll fix that. Going to Mr. Pokemon's house does nothing either; Elm should probably tell you something about beating gyms or something. Good to see external opinions though; they tell us things we may miss ourselves.
  #58    
Old May 4th, 2009, 04:42 PM
NoMasterBallsNeeded4Legends's Avatar
NoMasterBallsNeeded4Legends
★soɹɹʎ` ıɯ ndsıpǝ poʍu :)★
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: who wants to know
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
how u move cuz i cant move and poeple trick me
i fail
  #59    
Old May 5th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Lipton106's Avatar
Lipton106
Proud member of Team Rocket
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 25
Gender:
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lipton106
Whats up with all the Brazilians on Newmoon?

Anyway, the game is unplayable atm.. The movement is really bad accompanied by terrible lag (which i can understand), as mentioned above.. there is too much battle text as well.

With that put aside, its a great idea and it sounds promising, keep up with the good work with the Pokemon "MMO"=) I m sure you guys will work hard to get the game better.

I hope so=)

EDIT: It would be unfair of me to not mention the great things about the concept, so here we go.
The menus: Easy to understand, easy to navigate, just what i like to see.
Sprites: Very good looking and crisp clear.
Team Rocket Grunt





Last edited by Lipton106; May 5th, 2009 at 09:37 AM.
  #60    
Old May 5th, 2009, 04:51 PM
The Magus's Avatar
The Magus
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
mine "can't initialize Directx auto" what do I do?
Proud Hoenn fanboy!

---
Pokemon: Height Of Discord!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=217822
  #61    
Old July 24th, 2009, 01:29 PM
dragonfang21212121's Avatar
dragonfang21212121
Hacker of the Apocalypse
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kentucky (by choice)
Age: 20
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
What's with the first Gym Leader having level 80's... whoever added to the game is a mega-retard... it defeats the whole purpose of the game... the gym leaders are supposed to be noobs at first.... not mega pwners... what's wrong with you people... this is the dumbest idea I have ever seen... (Who the heck puts the first gym leader with level 80's, its not a challenge, it's total noobish suicide)!
You FAIL at life!
http://youfail.org/
  #62    
Old July 28th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Myamo
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Gender: Male
If there are other things to beat while leveling to 80, it is ok.
  #63    
Old August 19th, 2009, 06:40 AM
FaWa's Avatar
FaWa
Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Gender: Male
I'm downloading it now. It looks very good.
  #64    
Old August 19th, 2009, 10:42 AM
MajorLeagueGamer's Avatar
MajorLeagueGamer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Gender: Male
I wanna play so bad! It looks awesome!
  #65    
Old August 19th, 2009, 02:03 PM
fshy00
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Heh, I'd almost forgot about this thread. Yeah, its renamed to PokeNet: Fearless Feebas right now; I'll make a new thread soon for it properly.
  #66    
Old August 20th, 2009, 06:58 PM
! AvatarKris !'s Avatar
! AvatarKris !
Progress is DEAD...
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Caribbean !!!
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Not cool...
i hate this, level 80 gym leaders !!!!!!!!

Come on
It's me AvatarKris, I'mma that crazy dude who was stalking you .... whut, you remember me ? *Stalking Fail*


Support
Pokemon Manga Red
  #67    
Old August 20th, 2009, 07:02 PM
poopnoodle
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Send a message via Skype™ to poopnoodle
Quote:
can this b played on a mac.....PLZ i need to no
Yup, go to downloads and there is a a .dmg file just for you and me.
  #68    
Old August 20th, 2009, 07:05 PM
! AvatarKris !'s Avatar
! AvatarKris !
Progress is DEAD...
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Caribbean !!!
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnoodle View Post


Yup, go to downloads and there is a a .dmg file just for you and me.
the game is bad anyway, the leaders are level 80
It's me AvatarKris, I'mma that crazy dude who was stalking you .... whut, you remember me ? *Stalking Fail*


Support
Pokemon Manga Red
  #69    
Old August 20th, 2009, 07:39 PM
poopnoodle
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Send a message via Skype™ to poopnoodle
Quote:
the game is bad anyway, the leaders are level 80
Yep, just downloaded it and immediately threw it in the trash can.
  #70    
Old August 22nd, 2009, 03:37 AM
Azerty16
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Gender: Male
A mmorpg it's amazing.
Sorry for my english i'm french
  #71    
Old August 24th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Rich Boy Rob's Avatar
Rich Boy Rob
"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cambridgeshire, England
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Are the gyms not the main focus or are they just super levelled due to a glitch?
In my pants!

  #72    
Old August 24th, 2009, 11:23 AM
fshy00
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
The gym's aren't intended to be the main focus yet. Right now, we're still in beta so we don't have a storyline for you to follow yet, but you can feel perfectly free to wander around, train up, so on.
  #73    
Old December 6th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Wiimeiser
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2009
Gender:
Nature: Quirky
I discovered this thanks to the map appearing on Google Image Search. I honestly thought it was from Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver! Speaking of which there's actually some areas west of Cianwood now. Do you feel like putting those in? I'm also curious about the two new islands in Kanto. What are they for? This has given me an idea for a HG/SS hack
75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 11:04 PM.

About Us
© 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com. Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.

Copyright
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com. PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator. Header artwork by Jordanice of deviantART.

Social Media
If you would like to stay up-to-date with us on the go, when we're down, or other such things, follow us on social media sites--most notibly Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus--by clicking on the links provided.

Design presented by Peitharchia. Special thanks to Hiroshi Sotomura and Ausaudriel.