The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.
Feel like talking about Pokémon manga? Check this out! Want to discuss and share Pokémon music and videos? Click here!

Old June 15th, 2008, 11:33 AM
tkay1493
Water pokemon Trainer!

OK,
so you know when a baby human or animal is bron its small right? and it grows to become its full size!
WELL POKEMON SHOULD DO THAT!
like you hatch and egg and you get a full size kangascon or wailmer.
they do not start out small and grow...
and in the pokemon games they should have the hieght and weight of pokemon very, becoise no two humans are the same height and wierght and we alkl grow so why not ahve the pokemon grow to?
like you hatcha a egg. and you get a baby kangascon, thne it grows a little everyday untill its the adult size.

Agree?
Disagree?
Explain!
Old June 15th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Magmortified
Wherever I fly

Not sure on this, but I think height/weight indicates the average of the Pokemon's species. Probably excluding special cases like Dragonitezilla.

Anyhow, this is pretty much yet another idea for realism that gets shot down by the constraints of technology (aren't it awesome?). Doing that kind of thing would pretty much shoot the number of individual sprites on the cartridge into overdrive, and it seems pretty packed-in as is. =P
I haven't yet begun to see...
Old June 15th, 2008, 11:59 AM
El Gofre
I'm Back.

Nature: Quirky
The simple answer is that its a game/anime, they dont really need to make them grow.
An attempt at a logical answer- Since pokemon rapidly hatch/evolve, indicating that they are fully developed at this point. They therefore have no need to grow.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links