• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Released] Pokémon GlitterGold (Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Pokémon GlitterGold (New Demo Out)

Well, the old thread got put in the archive, and it was closed for a stupid reason: someone reviving it to say that "most dead games are still around" or something. Regardless, I've resumed work on the game, and thought I'd ask Avatar to reopen it. Since he said it's in the archive, I had to open a new thread, and here we are. XD

Program/language developed in.
RM2K3/English

Introduce your game.
Well, I've worked on this game since 2005, which makes it 4 years. A few breaks here and there due to my being part of the Yu-Gi-Oh! fandom and working on subbed episodes and music projects halted progress a bit, but now I'm back, and I'll be trying to juggle this with the subbed episodes and my GX/5D's comparisons, which I do on different ends of the week. I've had a great time working on this, and I definitely don't plan on leaving it unfinished, nor do I plan to switch over to RMXP.

The plot.
Well, considering this is a Gold remake, there really shouldn't be much to say. Uh...you begin in New Bark Town, and are asked by Professor Elm to journey out to Route 30 to meet a Mr. Pokémon, who has an item that Elm wants to look into, and you're given a starter Pokémon to help you out. Things go according to plan, until you're on your way back to Elm. You run into a mysterious teenager, who you later find out is connected to the theft of one of Elm's Pokémon.

After that's all settled down, you begin on your journey across Johto to collect the 8 different Gym Badges. A certain Team Rocket may occasionally get in your way, as will your Rival, but in the end, success is yours. After you get all the Badges, you face the Elite 4 and Champion over in the Indigo Plateau. However, what happens after their defeat will be up to you to find out, considering I've pretty much spoiled it for whoever hasn't played Gold. XD

Features
-Replay the story of Gold and Silver with features from Crystal in the world of FRLG (and occasionally RSE) graphics, playing as both Gold and Kris (not completely, though, as her Biking and other sprites still need to be made; see below) and journeying through the Johto and eventually Kanto region. There will be an archipelago you'll be able to access after gaining your 7th badge and clearing a task that arises right after, but it won't be in the revised demo coming out in the next month or so.
-First-Person Views incorporated from FRLG, including some remade for Johto by a few people (can't remember if it was here or Spriter's Resource, though)
-More to come.

Screens!
ruinsofalphmessages.png

rockethideout1.png

rockethideout2.png

GlitterGoldScreens16.png

GlitterGoldScreens17.png

GlitterGoldScreens18.png

GlitterGoldScreens19.png

Route233.png

GlitterGoldScreens20.png

I decided to showcase the latest screens, but if desired, I can show the older screens.

Demos.
Latest Demo: Revised/Elite 4: http://www.mediafire.com/?om2emqhmyqi

Currently Looking For
-One or two overworld spriters. If you're interested, post an example of your work, and I'll consider you. I'm mainly looking for FRLG-style spriters, since the majority of my maps use a FRLG chipset, but I'll also take a look at RSE-style spriters. If someone has a specialty with Pokemon overworlds over Human overworlds, I'll look for one of each to cover all the bases.

Last edited:

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Whew...Avatar just told me that the thread's been approved for almost a month now, and I didn't know because I kept looking at the first page of the forum. And it almost became locked again. XD

lol Well, in terms of updates, I've revised the game's events starting from the very beginning. The intro lets you punch in the actual time, like in the original, but there's a little discrepancy, since you'd have the possibility to punch in an amount for the minutes that would be more than 59. Hopefully, I can figure out how to limit it to 59. And I also need to figure out how to get the Day/Night system to work under the time concept, instead of the Dusk/Day/etc. one that's been used up to this point. And I've also changed the event in Prof. Elm's lab so the picture of the starter you're trying to pick shows up before you confirm you want it, like in FRLG.

Now then, I've figured out which switches go where, for the most part, so now I need to look over the other events to see which ones are missing. Unfortunately, I've also noticed that I'm missing a good few call events, most of which I think are related to the Surfing events, so that's another reason why I could use that demo, if anyone has it.

Hopefully, Avatar can overlook this double-post. XD

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Good to see this game is back man.
Since your using Rm2k3, if you need help with coding something- just send me a PM and I'll help ya.

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
I'll be damned; I didn't know you were a member here, Lance! (This is remain_silent from Janime.) Looking pretty good so far. I'm a little surprised that you're using rm2k3, though, because of how difficult I heard it is to make a Pokemon battle system with it (which is why I switched to Sphere). But hey, if you can do it, good luck.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
The CBS has been designed already by Shadow_Pingu, so I just have to add the battle maps, events, and such where needed.

As for the map style, how is it blocky? Someone said that before in the old thread, as well, and to me, the maps don't exactly look like it.

EDIT: @HeavyOctillery: Wow, lol, small world. XD

Last edited:

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Update

Well, it's not really much of an update, but...well, I've noticed that most of the missing common events are related to the Surfing events in the Routes and Cities (choosing to surf and landing on land), so I've begun to revise each and every Surfing event in every map to make sure there's no discrepancies.

Also, and I don't know why this happens, in the Dragon's Den Entrance map, I've been playtesting and noticed that it's as if you're walking through grass (the sound will play, the hero's sprite is half-transparent), even though there's no event nearby that's causing it all. If someone might have an idea of how to fix this, let me know.

In somewhat-related news, I've also tried to figure out how I can get a song to play and then when it's done, play another song. Or, in my case, I'm experimenting with the "Fervent Duel!" theme from Yu-Gi-Oh! GX's Sound Duel 2, and I'm having the first part play, and I want to get the second part (which I edited to be part of the first one, as if to make it loop) to play and keep playing. Kinda like how the GX Tag Force games have their background music looping, and not repeating the theme's intro at all. I'll probably PM Neo-Dragon to see if he has any ideas about it.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Game is looking great Lance, I hope that you'll finish it before you become bored with it... Good Luck.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Heh, hopefully, that won't be what puts this game out of commission. The only issue, though, is trying to figure out the missing common events. That, and trying to manipulate Pingu's CBS maps for each trainer. I'm going to have to take another look at it.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Heh, thanks, MetaMew. :D

Well, there's another snag-in-the-road with the game. I was trying to adapt the Battle map to a Youngster on Route 30, when I noticed in the event coding that there were a few common events being referenced to that...well, weren't there. Now, I dunno how it turned out like that, but that just adds to the big list of missing things. I'm going to send Pingu a PM about it to see if he still has what he worked on, but seeing as how it's been maybe a year or two since the game was paused, I have my doubts about it. Not sure what I'll do about it in the worst-case scenario, since I don't exactly know the specifics of the events that were being called to.

EDIT: Well, uh...turns out Shadow_Pingu hasn't been active since June 1st... Well, I sent him the message, now I just hope he reads it soon. Meanwhile, I doubt anyone would have it, but again, if anyone has that last demo I released, could you send it to me? Chances are the CBS he made would be in it, but I think only the beta testers got it, if anything.

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Well I hope you find what you need Lance, and I hope that GlitterGold becomes as popular as it did at its peak :D

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Heh, well, I hope so, too. Thing is, it doesn't seem like it will unless some major progress is done.

Well, while I wait for Pingu to hopefully reply to my PM, is there any part of the game that anyone would like screens of?

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
Great to see this back, i didn't think you where going to bring it back to the site, this is by far one of the best fan games of all time, good luck with finishing it and here's hoping you don't loose it this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back