The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.
Feel like talking about Pokémon manga? Check this out! Want to discuss and share Pokémon music and videos? Click here!

Advertise here

Old August 8th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Dizzy
My Father is a Baron!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dizzy

Advertise here
Please, I just have to say no flaming or you will be expelled from this thread. I'll see to it that you will.

Which one do you think is totally better? Pokmon Special Vs Pokmon Anime?

If you want the Honest truth (or well..my opinion) Pokmon Special is the utmost superior to the Anime. Better Plot, better Pokmon (Attacks, teams..the works) and wonderful tactics. Also they replace Characters in each series (which they should have done in the Anime) and it follows the video games

Please join my fan-club. I have no fans

Old August 9th, 2004, 05:20 AM
Roxas
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Roxas Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Roxas Send a message via Yahoo to Roxas
I like Pokemon Special more for the same reasons as you, Dizzy. It's wy cooler. XD
Old August 9th, 2004, 06:13 AM
Ryoutarou
新生ペガサス
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Pokemon Special for me too. It's something thats for someone looking for a more mature story and better battles.

Paired With Signomi - Brothers with Arcanine
Old August 9th, 2004, 07:41 AM
Shana
bigmouth strikes again.

Send a message via AIM to Shana Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shana
I never read the manga, so it wouldn't be fair for me to judge, but I guess I should read it some time...
In my arms you won't sleep safely.
And of lust we are re-born
on our passion's killing floor.
Old August 10th, 2004, 02:05 PM
oni flygon
:)

Pokemon Special...all...the...way...

If you want me to explain why Pokemon Special rocks, it would take me a lot of time...XD

EDIT: Okay, I'm going to explain how manga is better (in my opinion)

The plot of the manga isn't recycled. It doesn't repeat over and over again like some Pokemon Anime Seasons. The characters are very colorful and they are anything but predictable. Characters such as Red mature quickly. The manga characters' personalities are very colorful. One example is Blue, a sassy, shrewd girl who first resorts in stealing and ripping off trainers. Another, is Yellow who is a girl in disguise as a boy. Shy and cheerful is best to describe Yellow.

The antagonist in the manga don't bumble in every chapter or blast off every time. The antagonists are actually evil. The Team Rocket Executives are actually evil, bent on killing anyone in their way. Plus, the twists of having half of the gym leaders siding with Team Rocket is a pretty neat plot.

In Hoenn, the fact that the gym leaders are split between Aqua and Magma (except Norman, Liz, and Tate), defines creativity. You'd have to imagine the Gym Leaders meeting each other and realize that their organizations are rivals.

Ah...too tired to think of more...there are lots of things...but that should be enough...

Pocket Monsters Special!

Last edited by oni flygon; August 10th, 2004 at 02:12 PM.
Old August 10th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Dizzy
My Father is a Baron!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oni flygon
Pokemon Special...all...the...way...

If you want me to explain why Pokemon Special rocks, it would take me a lot of time...XD

EDIT: Okay, I'm going to explain how manga is better (in my opinion)

The plot of the manga isn't recycled. It doesn't repeat over and over again like some Pokemon Anime Seasons. The characters are very colorful and they are anything but predictable. Characters such as Red mature quickly. The manga characters' personalities are very colorful. One example is Blue, a sassy, shrewd girl who first resorts in stealing and ripping off trainers. Another, is Yellow who is a girl in disguise as a boy. Shy and cheerful is best to describe Yellow.

The antagonist in the manga don't bumble in every chapter or blast off every time. The antagonists are actually evil. The Team Rocket Executives are actually evil, bent on killing anyone in their way. Plus, the twists of having half of the gym leaders siding with Team Rocket is a pretty neat plot.

In Hoenn, the fact that the gym leaders are split between Aqua and Magma (except Norman, Liz, and Tate), defines creativity. You'd have to imagine the Gym Leaders meeting each other and realize that their organizations are rivals.

Ah...too tired to think of more...there are lots of things...but that should be enough...
Where you ended, I'll add more

The Characters are way more developed than in the Anime. You don't know how the character's turn out when you first read about them, it unfolds.

I'll think of more later too

Old August 11th, 2004, 07:42 AM
Sakura and Espeon
Hates being hacked. ;-;

Location: Dreaming in Swablu Land =P(IRL:Caldwell, New Jersey, USA)
Send a message via ICQ to Sakura and Espeon Send a message via AIM to Sakura and Espeon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sakura and Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Sakura and Espeon
Manga has more detail because it requires you to read and understand what happening in the story. It's more dramatic and mature than the Anime. Anime is just a show that you can understand the story more easily because it doesn't require any reading, but the anime(some) is suited for younger children. IMO, Magnas or Comics are better.
Old August 11th, 2004, 12:21 PM
Ryoutarou
新生ペガサス
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Heres another reason to like it...it acutally continues from prevouis chapters so if you miss one chapter your kinda messed up...where as the anime is like that every now and then.

Paired With Signomi - Brothers with Arcanine
Old August 11th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Dizzy
My Father is a Baron!

Anime is harder to keep track than manga, Everytime I read a new chapter in the Manga, I usually right a summary about it. Manga tends to move faster, and better to understand.

Old August 11th, 2004, 09:19 PM
Splashing Mew
PC's Poet Laureate

I've never read the manga but I've seen scans of it and it is without a doubt better than the anime (well at least the dubbed) The dubbed anime doesn't make any sense to me so I prefer the manga.

~Splash

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here