The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old July 21st, 2008, 06:10 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
so how is the programming going?
Do you have most of the battle system and stuff done?
You should make videos demonstrating some of the systems.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 12:03 AM
Nishrocks
Beginning Trainer

Programming's very slow at the moment. If there are any good programmers, please, join the forums.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 01:52 AM
Steak
ALL YOUR BASE.

Send a message via AIM to Steak
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolfpwns View Post
A demo shoulD be released soon. It would only featurethe starting town, however.
O RLY?!
I guess I should get to work then....
x:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rose View Post
OMG!! This looks so cool!! =D

I sooo can't wait for it to come out :D

Btw, on a side note, I know malagrond (the programmer guy) IRL =D He is sooo hawt =D

~BR
LOL@U.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 03:25 AM
Nishrocks
Beginning Trainer

Steak and Malagrond are our primary programmers, however, a game on this scale cannot feasibly be completed in the timeframe required by just two people's worth of programming, at least, not without being a little outdated by the time of release. We will probably update the game map by map with the advent of a fifth generation of pokemon, but it would be nice if we didn't rip all those D/P tiles for nothing
Old July 23rd, 2008, 12:29 PM
Pokemaniacro
Pokemon hunter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Pokemaniacro
I played a game like that. You can play it online with other players but it's not like this.
Old July 25th, 2008, 01:07 PM
thewolfpwns
Psh, Yeah...

Send a message via AIM to thewolfpwns Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to thewolfpwns
Sorry for my lack of posts. :X
However, we have a new idea; Currency.

Each area of Jurni (island and mainland) would have a form of currency.

Tundra - The Gilde
Mainland - The Pokedollar
Islands - Saffron
Odyssi - The Odyssian Pound

(What is Odyssi? You are going to have to wait to find out! ;D)

So, it seems good. However, you may be asking, How much is 200 Pokedollars in Saffron?
Take a look at this table.

Pokedollars
1 Odyssian Pound = 1.80 Pokedollars
1 Gilde = 0.40 Pokedollars
1 Saffron = 3.00 Pokedollars

Odyssian Pounds
1 Pokedollar = 0.56 Odyssian Pounds
1 Gilde = 0.22 Odyssian Pounds
1 Saffron = 1.68 Odyssian Pounds

Gildes
1 Odyssian Pound = 4.55 Gildes
1 Pokedollar = 2.50 Gildes
1 Saffron = 7.5 Gildes

Saffron
1 Odyssian Pound = 0.6 Saffron
1 Pokedollar = 0.33 Saffron
1 Gilde = 0.13 Saffron

You also may be asking, What is the Tundra section?

Well, Nishrocks has been working on a history of Jurni.

The Tundra and the Mainland were once different countries. Now that they've merged, they're one government, in two constituencies with two currencies. The top half of the NW Quadrant and the top half of the NE Quadrant are Gilde, i.e One Quadrant worth. Mainland Jurni is the bottom half of the NW Quadrant, the bottom half of the NE Quadrant the whole of the SE and SW Quadrants and the Staff Islands, let's say, 4 Quadrants worth. The Island is one quadrant and Odyssi is one quadrant. By this definition, there is actually a fairly even split, and it won't make a difference, since you won't be using the Odyssian Pound till late in the game, when you're already pro, and you won't really use the Saffron until later either.

When traveling to these areas, you will need to visit an area where you can cash in your money, whatever it is, to where you are traveling.

It may not make the most of sense now, but once you play it, it will be like second nature. "Oh, before I go, gotta go get my Saffrons!" for example.

On a side note, each of these get their own icon. They haven't been completed yet.

Pokedollars, double crossed P
Odyssian Pounds : O£
Saffron: §
Gilde double crossed G.

http://pkmnmmorpg.proboards61.com/index.cgi

Click the link to visit the Pokénnect Forums!
Old July 25th, 2008, 01:19 PM
ryushin5
In College YAY! :3

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to ryushin5
nice feature man this game looks awesome and it makes me want to play it more
Old July 25th, 2008, 06:09 PM
YellowPen
:)

I like the money idea

will you have to exchange money, or will you be able to buy something with the wrong currcency?

Old July 25th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

hmm.
I dont like that currency idea -_-
It seems like to much of a hassle just to buy stuff and whatnot.

It would probably be easier just to program in one currency.
Old July 25th, 2008, 07:36 PM
monarc,
Cute! A Pokemon Adventure

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to monarc,
i actually REALLY LIKE! the currency system :D

it seems to make it more.. immersion-y lol and uh, it would also capitalise on the fact that it is an international game (y)

just my thoughts..

Old July 26th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Nishrocks
Beginning Trainer

Just so you know. I came up with that whole currency system myself.
Calculations and all. Don't let Lucario take the credit!!!

hehe. Now that that's over with, yes, we've got the currency system worked out. In regards to some earlier questions, We would have a bureau de change in every town and city, and most villages. Pit stop towns, however, probably wont. They would all act slightly differently, some would charge, some would only offer certain currencies, or have a limit on how much can be exchanged. It's up to the clever player to figure out the best way to exchange their money. With the least expenditure, time and travel.

In addition, the currencies are counted as 4 counters, so when you lose, you lose a quarter of all of them, effectively losing a half, as usual. This way, you may get currency before you can use them, so just switch them back. There will also be banks for each type of currency, where you can store your money. To help explain, here's an example I put together. (And yes, the calculations are correct)

You wouldn't exchange all of your money, it'd be like having four different money counts.
When you lose a battle, you lose a quarter of all those amounts, effectively losing half your money.
When you win a battle, this quarter is transferred directly to your money count.

Example:
Player One has
1000 PokeDollars
250 Saffron
7000 Gildes
670 Odyssian Pounds.

Player Two has
2000 PokeDollars
3000 Saffron (RichRichRich)
8000 Gildes
9900 Odyssian Pounds.

Player Two wins. Player One loses a quarter of each type of money, so now it's
(1000x0.75) 750 PokeDollars
(250x0.75) 175 Saffron
(7000x0.75) 5250 Gildes
(670x0.75) 503 Odyssian Pounds

Player Two
(2000+250) 2250 PokeDollars
(3000+75) 3075 Saffron
(8000+1750) 9750 Gildes
(9900+167) 1067 Odyssian Pounds

In every city, there will be a bureau de change so that you can change your money over. However, not all of them will change into all the currencies, and some will have charges and so forth. It's up to the clever player to calculate which is the most efficient way of exchanging their currency.

Example:

Player One goes to Monroeville, and exchanges all of his money for Saffron. Because Monroeville is a big city, there is a 1500 Pokedollar Service charge.
He pays all 750 of his pokedollars, plus 1,850 of his Gildes (another 750 PokeDollars). He then converts the rest into Saffron.

0 Pokedollars
3400 Gildes
503 Odyssian Pounds.
175 Saffron.

This becomes
(3400 x 0.13) 442 Saffron
(503 x 0.6) 302 Saffron
175 Saffron

Which is a total of 919 Saffron.

Player Two goes to FrostPort, where they convert everything for free, and exchanges all of his money for Gildes. In FrostPort, however, they don't exchange Saffron. He exchanges the rest of his money.

(2250 x 2.5) 5625 Gildes
(1067x4.55) 4855 Gildes
9750 Gildes
3075 Saffron.

He then goes to nearby Ubel Town, where they exchange Saffron only, but for 500 Gildes, which is 200 Pokedollars. They exchange his 3075 Saffron to 172, 969 Gildes.
Giving him a grand total of 193,199 Gildes. (RichRichRichRich)

So Player 2 has been more clever, because he used the system cleverly so that he only had to spend 200 pokedollars, as opposed to the 1500 of Player 1. See?

Last edited by Nishrocks; July 26th, 2008 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Fixing error
Old July 26th, 2008, 04:44 AM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
Aha nice. Also hmm what would the sites name be. And well island is off the map you posted. Would that mean besides that humungo region there is another 3? If so then im goin to stare cause thats awsomly amzing 0_0
Old July 26th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Nishrocks
Beginning Trainer

You saw how that map was divided into four quadrants, right?
Well, there is a fifth quadrant for the islands, and a sixth for Odyssi, plus another for staff islands, if you put them together. So really, there are seven quadrants worth, and six full quadrants. There's 50% more to explore than you see!
Old July 26th, 2008, 05:26 PM
ℜªℳ
RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|

Nature: Relaxed
Just looked around and found this. OMG! Best "crap" (not really, just used to calling them that although its not what I mean) I've ever seen of a pokemon mmorpg! I was going to start a project with friends but then I realised I would get sued for selling them illegally or I would use java which will result to actual crap. I support you guys all the way but will be too lazy to put any banner in my sig. Good luck!

Still spriting behind the curtains. I've tried splicing, I've tried scratching, I've tried pixel overs, I've tried revamps and am 90%+ awesome at it. Now its time for the devamps
Old July 26th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Mitchman

0_0 6 quardrants. SIX. Wow. The staff islands must be the super secret area for staff and there any thing happens right?
Old July 26th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

honestly. the different currencies is just a waste of time -_-
I dont think people are going to wanna spend time getting all there money converted.
As good as this game looks, i think the different currencies is a horrible idea -_-
Old July 26th, 2008, 10:06 PM
thewolfpwns
Psh, Yeah...

Send a message via AIM to thewolfpwns Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to thewolfpwns
Ah, yes, Nish had the currency idea. -sweatdrop- Sorry!
And, he recently got promoted, and I revealed some information, so I need to update the front page.

Plus, the currency idea hasn't been accepted yet, so just think of it as an experiment.

Oh yeah, although we may seem like we can do everything, for some reason, we do not have an official logo. If I could, I would, but it would be hideous, so if anyone wants to take the job, be our guest!

Old July 27th, 2008, 01:13 AM
Nishrocks
Beginning Trainer

Now then, as to this Brief History: We've got 300 years worth, in little pockets, like a timeline. Take a look at the first!

300 years ago, the world was very different to today. Sinnoh was an island of it’s own accord, The treasure archipelago still bubbled underwater as underground volcanos, and Jurni was non-existent.

At this time, in Jurni’s lifetime, there were two nations, occupying the region. The region of Principia, in the south, and the region of Altvaska in the north. They waged a war with each other, with a final, ultimate battle being waged in the Tsereve Mountain range, on a mountain known as BloodTooth peak, for all the deaths that took place there. Odyssi, at this time was founded by travellers from Johto and Kanto who crossed the mountains to the north, and found a new land. At this time, it was relatively simplistic, as compared to Altvaska and Principia.
Old July 28th, 2008, 07:34 AM
ℜªℳ
RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|

Nature: Relaxed
Might I bother you guys to ask where did you guys first learn or get some knowledge of AJAX because when I first heard of it from your thread and looked it up I got really interested but I didn't have a start position so I wanted to ask people with prior knowledge. How did you guys start with AJAX and where did you fing the necessary tools to use the process? Is there any chance you can direct me to a place where you guys remember starting off?

Sorry for the question but I really want to know and since the mapper posted the thread I have no idea who the programmers are becaue I alway see a team as a team. Please see if you can help me out and thank you!

Still spriting behind the curtains. I've tried splicing, I've tried scratching, I've tried pixel overs, I've tried revamps and am 90%+ awesome at it. Now its time for the devamps
Old July 29th, 2008, 11:33 AM
thewolfpwns
Psh, Yeah...

I'm not entirely sure. However, betas are going to be released in Gamemaker 7. The final product is going to be a website. You click on "Login" and a popup opens, with the game.

If you are familiar with the online game Neopets, it will be similar to that.

However, since we have so little besides a starting town, 2 houses, and a Pokemon center, we cant make much out of that. So, no programming in AJAX has been started.

On a side note, I have a few more maps to reveal to you guys.

This is Professor Holly's house. It is an extended version of the standard Royalport (the starting town) house. Because the MMORPG features are turned off in houses, it will just be you playing in it, so we can make them smaller.

Holly's Lab. Your first encounter with Team Malum is here. What could they want with her?

Old July 29th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Mitchman

Wow nice screen. Also its goin to be neopets style? Oh god i really wanna see how thats goin work. Now is it completely or something similar cause if its completely im a bit worried now.
Old July 29th, 2008, 11:59 AM
thewolfpwns
Psh, Yeah...

No. For the game, it will be Neopets style. You click Login, and the game pops up.

You don't go exploring or anything on the website. It's just, Game>>Login>>Play in a new window

However, there will be different areas of the site where you can learn more about the game.

Old July 29th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Mitchman

Aha cool. Will there be like outside the game a special market with item trades between members and stuff.
Old July 29th, 2008, 12:19 PM
thewolfpwns
Psh, Yeah...

Possibly. We haven't got anything yet, so don't take my word as 100% fact.

Old July 30th, 2008, 05:37 PM
fireyboy345
Skilled Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Modest
hi i am liking what im seeing. but i have a few questions...

will there be an offline version

do you need any help with any pokemon varients?

is there anythink simple i could help you with?

if so please pm. i would be more than willing to help
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links