The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 28th, 2008, 04:15 AM
samm
Beginning Trainer

The hack is very bn despite the graphic
simple and has a lot of fame is good

Old July 28th, 2008, 04:18 AM
shinygoldash
bagel-meister ;)

this is lookin good. thanks for bringing it back christos

CHRISTMAS 2010!
2 Months
Old July 28th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Christos
Project Shinx

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to Christos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Riolu View Post
Hey Christos, how have you been doing with Liquid Ocean? :\ But I remember when you had to start over because when you were using the Emerald ROM base, what exactly happened when you used it and the ROM got corrupted? :\ Because I've been using the Emerald ROM base and nothing has happened on a hack that I'm working on. :x But anyway, your using Fire Red anyway, which is pretty good. And good luck with Liquid Ocean.
I didn't really switch to Fire Red for its stability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince112 View Post
Sorry for these noobish questions, but I'll ask it anyway. Who will do the Hero's Introduction Sprite, Trainer Sprite, Using Pokemon Sprite, Backsprite and Pryce's Introduction Sprite?
I finshed the Alpha. Requires a bit more text editing on the Trainers/Gym Leaders/Advicers.
The alpha really requires a lot of savestates!!
I'm not sure yet, but I do have some spriters in mind, but I don't know when I'll get them done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
This hack is one of the best hacks out there, because of its originality and simplicity, which is what I like about Pokémon Liquid Ocean. You are very talented as a hacker, Christos.

I think Pokémon Liquid Ocean should get another award. It doesn't matter if it's Hack of the Week, Hack of the Month, or Hack of the Year, because I think you deserve all of them.

Your events, like in your Pre-Alpha, was incredible, all of the events were timed out practically perfectly (and the events were amazing, not something that an average hacker would come up with).

Although there is one downside about this hack that I dislike; the graphics. The graphics are very simple, yet they don't keep much of the feel that it is Pokémon FireRed that you're hacking. It feels more along the lines of Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire or Emerald, as the colors are more towards yellow, there is only one grass tile that I notice, and the flowers are almost exactly taken from Emerald.

Also, the idea of changing the color of flowers was nice, as all of the games only had one flower, or a certain amount more, but they appear less often. But maybe, for each color changed, you should edit the flower slightly.

I also saw a problem in the palette in one of your screenshots, the palette's grass color is different from the normal grass color. I really like the bridge though, it looks very real. I'd say I want to play this hack right away once it gets released.
Okay, first, the "simple" graphics are Fire Red's, and they look nothing like R/S/E, I only changed the grass palette a bit. The buildings are custom, but they're Fire Red styled. And yes, the flowers are Emerald's, it matches with Fire Red, and it doesn't really change the Fire Red feel, and it looks good in many colors.

And the error in the screenshots is not in the alpha, I'll change the screenshots too. And you said you played the pre-alpha, though the only release is the alpha.

Here's a screenshot of the new hero overworld sprite, made by Avatar, it will be included in Alpha 1.2.

Old July 28th, 2008, 07:17 PM
wildarms001
Random Supporter

christos did you have plan adding d/p pokes? :D GL

Old July 28th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Tyrantrum
none pizza with left beef
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
The OW looks good.
GL Christos! :D

(x) Tumblr
(y) Gallery
Previously Eeveon
Old July 29th, 2008, 05:47 AM
blackmage856

wow i really like this hack the name "liquid ocean" sounds really cool and i like the overworld alot good luck to you !
Old July 29th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Ryousha
Waiting for PokeSpe HG/SS

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ryousha
Wow... that sort of looks like Pokesho's Red Overworld sprite, for the front look right now cept edited o_o.
Old July 29th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Christos
Project Shinx

Quote:
Yes, I know they are FireRed's, but if you took a screenshot with a signpost, some grass and flowers, I would mistake this hack for a hack of Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald.

I know that the buildings are FireRed Custom Tiles, they are amazing. That's what I said before; but if you take a screenshot of a city, you would think that it's a FireRed hack. But of a Route, you would think it's Ruby.

And lastly, yes, I've played the Pre-Alpha, but of the OLDER Liquid Ocean. It was good, as well, but this one will beat everything you've done in the past.

Good luck with this fantastic hack, Christos.

Oh, also, nice new hero sprite. It looks great. I knew you would change it, as it wasn't a "perfect" sprite.
The grass, trees and mountains are still Fire Red's, so that keeps the Fire Red feeling, despite the signpost and flower tiles.

And thanks~

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildarms001 View Post
christos did you have plan adding d/p pokes? :D GL
Maybe. Maybe not. Probably not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryousha View Post
Wow... that sort of looks like Pokesho's Red Overworld sprite, for the front look right now cept edited o_o.
If you took a better look, you'd see that they're nothing alike, the hair may make you think that, but if you see better you'll see.

Hebe Plains was a bad, rushed map, so I remade it. Here's some screenshots.

Old July 29th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
Aha cool. Since its part of alpha 1 would you consider mabye maing alpha 1.2 or somthing and add it?
Old July 29th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Christos
Project Shinx

I've said it before, I'll be releasing Alpha 1.2, with improved things, small sidequests and a mini game.
Old July 29th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Mitchman

Aha ok didnt know that i never read that post. Sorry! Also would that lapras maze be in?
Old July 29th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Christos
Project Shinx

Yes, that would be the one mini game that will be included in alpha 1.2.
Old July 29th, 2008, 11:46 AM
m4gix
Beginning Trainer

Im kinda stuck though, i just got the 3rd badge and i have no idea where to go.
Old July 29th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Mitchman

Thats it end of alpha. And aha one f man. I like that sound.
Old July 31st, 2008, 04:42 AM
Pika_1234
Beginning Trainer

I saw Suigintou xD
anyway, nice hack
Old August 1st, 2008, 02:39 PM
/Circa
a face in the clouds.

Nature: Quiet
Amazing, I would've commented on this earlier but I was away for quite a while. Your mapping still gives the game an awsome feel to it, the one thing I don't like is the ground palettes, they seem a bit too dark to me. But i'm not saying change them, cause they still look good. Did you change the pokeball sprite to a great ball?

Good luck, this pretty much inspired me to hack again.
ventually though, he e
merges inside a v
ery large room w

here everything about

the house

suddenly

changes.
Old August 1st, 2008, 04:18 PM
Zennerick
The Researcher

Nature: Lax
Send a message via AIM to Zennerick Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zennerick
VERY nice. I noticed items are in diffrent types of Pokeballs; does that represent how rare the item is?
(Eg. Great Ball = Rare/Common/etc)
Old August 4th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Mr.Fury
Trainer

If you message me the OWs i will make a userbar.
Also if you tell me a main legendary and the starters i can make more.
Old August 5th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Christos
Project Shinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual View Post
Amazing, I would've commented on this earlier but I was away for quite a while. Your mapping still gives the game an awsome feel to it, the one thing I don't like is the ground palettes, they seem a bit too dark to me. But i'm not saying change them, cause they still look good. Did you change the pokeball sprite to a great ball?

Good luck, this pretty much inspired me to hack again.
I want to have new palettes, even though they don't look as good as the FR ones, but they're close to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psytist View Post
VERY nice. I noticed items are in diffrent types of Pokeballs; does that represent how rare the item is?
(Eg. Great Ball = Rare/Common/etc)
Great balls are common items you find anywhere, Premier Balls are rare items, HMs, etc.

Quote:
That's quite clever, if you ask me. I always noticed how Nintendo would add Pokéballs scattered around along your journey, but you could never guess what it is. You could even find a Great Ball in one of these Pokéballs, which is very awkward.

So, Christos, is there any news on Liquid Ocean? I don't understand why this is in the second page.

Keep up the great work, I will play this hack as soon as I can.
Even if the ball is different depending on how rare the item is, it would still be hard to guess, but I'll see what I'll do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fury View Post
If you message me the OWs i will make a userbar.
Also if you tell me a main legendary and the starters i can make more.
If you looked carefully at the first post or played this, you wouldn't have to ask this.

I got lazy and didn't finish the mini-game and the second sidequest scripts, so I finished the Horizon Hills map, the route north of Reine City. I'll try to get the Alpha 1.2 scripts done soon. Also, new mountain palette, I may keep it.
Old August 5th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Mr.Fury
Trainer

and so i did play the game and couldnt leave the town, because there isnt anything in the lab and yet it still doesnt let you go anywhere.
O_O

I guess ill make you teh userbars.

HTML Code:
[IMG]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/WHATEVA_2006/locean1copy.png[/IMG]

HTML Code:
[IMG]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/WHATEVA_2006/locean2.png[/IMG]

Last edited by Mr.Fury; August 5th, 2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old August 5th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Christos
Project Shinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fury View Post
wow i totally missed that.

and so i did play the game and couldnt leave the town, because there isnt anything in the lab and yet it still doesnt let you go anywhere.
O_O

I guess ill make you teh userbars.

HTML Code:
[IMG]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/WHATEVA_2006/locean1copy.png[/IMG]

HTML Code:
[IMG]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/WHATEVA_2006/locean2.png[/IMG]
There's a letter in the lab, get it and you can leave from the town.

Thanks for the userbars, though the hero overworld in the character section was changed to the one you can see in the screenshots in the first post. If you want to make another one with the new overworld, it would be better if you used the Mask of Ice instead of Pryce.
Old August 5th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Yoshimi
☆「GANG-STAR」☆

the new overworld looks nice, and the updates look tidy as always.
but wow, the new palette looks pale(or is it just the rain?).
it looks really nice but it seems like something found at a graveyard.
I was really planning to play it when the first beta came out, but with all the updates, you've made me want to get alpha 1.2.
knowing how great you are at scripting, you will get the alpha done in no time.
well, best of luck on the hack Christos!
Old August 5th, 2008, 11:14 AM
NasonJewsted
Beginning Trainer

I just beat teh 2nd leader and taught my pokemon rock smash, but I can't smash any rocks although I was told to be able to do that?

where do i have to go?

great great hack!
Old August 5th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Christos
Project Shinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by makunouchi View Post
the new overworld looks nice, and the updates look tidy as always.
but wow, the new palette looks pale(or is it just the rain?).
it looks really nice but it seems like something found at a graveyard.
I was really planning to play it when the first beta came out, but with all the updates, you've made me want to get alpha 1.2.
knowing how great you are at scripting, you will get the alpha done in no time.
well, best of luck on the hack Christos!
If you're talking about the grass being pale, it's probably the rain, I haven't changed the grass palette again, only the mountain palette.

The problem now is that I've been scripting too much and it's boring unless I do some mapping too, and that's slowing the next release down, since there won't be any new maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NasonJewsted View Post
Hmm, seems like I can't continue.

I just beat teh 2nd leader and taught my pokemon rock smash, but I can't smash any rocks although I was told to be able to do that?

where do i have to go?

great great hack!
You can't smash any rocks, it's the end of the alpha, but you can go to the third gym in Reine City.
Old August 5th, 2008, 11:43 AM
NasonJewsted
Beginning Trainer

Yeah, I just saw that. That 3rd leader's Magmar is freakin' strong.

It's a great hack, can't wait for the next beta or teh full version.

Will support it!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links