Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge
Notices

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 9th, 2009, 10:26 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill

Advertise here
Added you, dream's-epilogue - only a link to your post though (character limits suck!).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunaboy88 View Post
I dont get it? Confusing!
Well, as said by .Swift, it's a place where you can get help from people with your fic in proof-reading and all so it's of a higher quality when you post it. Also one can apply to be a Beta Reader.

If you do have questions, then like others have done, just PM or VM me. =)

Old March 10th, 2009, 09:34 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Quote:
By the way, is this thread very active because it doesn't seem like a lot of beta readers are out there and active, since I say that 9 people need beta readers. oh and Do I contact one of the beta readers there or do I wait for someoen to contact me? or is it both?
Well, it seems to be a problem with any beta reader thing on major boards in that there are many more clients than beta readers. (Looking at the one on serebii... O_o). Then beta readers have to juggle stuff with real life and all, and their own fics... Note though that quite possibly some people would have simply forgotten to have told me that they have a mentor now, and are hence still on the list.

And basically - you can either just wait for someone to contact you, or simply contact the Beta Readers and ask them if they could beta you and all (hence their profiles in the first post - allows you to see their style and all, so you can choose who you want/who you think will be of help to your story and all). =)

At any rate, I added you to the first post (once again - stupid apparent character limits....)

Old March 14th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Title of Story: The Eternal Warrior Saga!
Fandom: Pokemon
Plot summary:
Neo, the warrior of darkness, has returned to Ectureak City as it's part of his way to Mt. Silver. He wants to train more before meeting some of his fellow members, but meets a childhood friend in his abandoned house. He decided to go with her to train, and after that, the adventure of Neo begins as he learns and trains to see Astinus, Exis, and the rest.
Genre: OT, with Darkfic in the second one
Rating (PG, R, etc): 7+
Type of mentor needed: Plot and Grammar
Writing sample of story: This is from Chapter 11, not released as I post this.
Spoiler:
“So, we all have a crystal shard in our possession, right?” a dark figure asked the other members. He was wearing a dark hood and wasn’t touching the ground at all. His face was unknown, but he had violet energy coming out of him, meaning that he was the warrior of darkness, just like Neo.

“That is correct. All shards are with us…”

“And… what if a person could… collect all of the shards?”

Everyone looked at the hooded figure and started laughing. Some fell onto the ground beside a stone with 6 hollow spots in it, which looked like a star of some sort. They were all laughing hysterically and just couldn’t stop while Coball was floating beside the laughing warriors. After everyone quieted down a person came to Coball.

“Listen, Coball, you know that all of us have the shards, is that correct? However, we all have them hidden so well, that nobody will be able to obtain their hands on them!” another person laughed. He was only 16 years old, but he was lucky to receive a crystal shard.

“Exis… I just want to know what would happen if everyone would obtain all the shards.” The dark figure, named Coball, asked him. He was giving out a bit more energy as the serious child, with his odd, golden hair, looked him straight into the hole where his face was.

“If one person were to obtain the shards… it would mean that the person must come to this uncharted and undiscovered island to obtain his prize. It is 1 wish of any choice.”

“I object to that!” another person screamed. His name was Sulf. The dull boy had bright red hair and was always sweating, due to the fact that he lives in sulfur caves that are inside a volcano in Hoenn. His eyes were yellow, which may have been a side effect from the fissures that he lived in.

“And how would that objection be possible?” Coball asked the red-haired kid.

“Very easy. It is not any 1 wish of your choice! This island isn’t undiscovered!” the idiotic boy screamed. It was very rare that he’d be smart enough to be objecting something. He was jumping around the island screaming the same thing over and over again as everyone backed away.

“Yes, Sulf, that is true… but Exis never was able to finish reacting to my subject.”

Exis looked at the two people and continued on “Well, the being produces 1 wish of your choice, that is true. However… It is not true that you can wish for practically anything! You just can’t wish for more wishes or to immediately capture that pokemon!”

Sulf stared at the teenager and the dark figure continuously, but he was still not sure what to believe. The island became quiet as the rest of the warriors started to leave. One teenage girl with light sapphire hair was walking on the water as it froze into ice under her legs. The marks on her face were very mysterious and were shining oddly as she went through the clear water ahead. A boy with blonde hair started to leave the island, but he didn’t walk on land at all. He started floating onto the absent air as he walked into the puffy and white clouds above. It was hard to see his face or body as light started to blind everything, until the clouds moved and blocked the sun. Lastly was a boy who was disappearing by harsh winds blowing him, splitting the golden-haired boy into miniscule particles, as he transformed into a blur and disappeared farther on.

Sulf was confused as he started to sweat. He wasn’t sweating any fluids, but magma, which engulfed the tall and dim child as he disappeared into nothing. He didn’t exist anymore, but there was a bit of lava where Sulf once were. The lava was shining and boiling with steam coming out of it. The lava was pulled down into the ground, even though the grass where the lava existed was not on fire, it was standing still and never changed colour at all.

“I am sure that he was confused and he left. I’ll need to talk to Sulf again, but he is far off from here.” Coball said to Exis, who just stared at the hole where his face was supposed to be. Coball was still floating around as he raised his hand. The hand started to emit shady light as a humongous portal opened up in front of Coball. Coball went through the portal, leaving Exis on the island all alone.

Other: I worked over a month on my book, and I am new to writing. This is my first fanfiction and it's also the best one I wrote. Part of it takes several years in the past.
"No calendar today. Oh, that's a shame. What day is it today? It is no day. The calendar does not exist anymore. Today does not exist." - Professional Idiot
Old March 14th, 2009, 04:05 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Added.

(And hey - I put that quote in my sig first! =P) (Best way to extend the character limit ever!)

Old March 16th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Really? I just read through the Fanfiction Lounge and I just thought it was hilarious. Now if Xanthine did that, PC would have to give up Fan-fiction, right?
"No calendar today. Oh, that's a shame. What day is it today? It is no day. The calendar does not exist anymore. Today does not exist." - Professional Idiot
Old April 15th, 2009, 09:53 PM
~Night
~!~Miss Cow~!~

Title of Story: Moonlight
Plot summary: An Eevee/Glaceon is born, and these are some of her most treasured memories, because no matter how bad or good they were, they led to her greatest moment.
Genre: friendship/bonding, sad story (one-shot)
Rating (PG, R, etc): PG
Type of mentor needed: Someone who can help me work out the boring parts, and that can make the story flow well. Also, please don't be nice when you give me advice.
Writing sample of story:
Spoiler:
You awaken, your eyes show only blurred colors, shades from all the rainbow. Your eyes finally adjust to the strange light. Your eyes are oddly blue, despite your brothers' and sisters' being brown. Your ears are bigger than your head, poofy fluffs with a lighter shade of brown at the tip. Your tail resembles your ears, stuck at the end of your tiny body, which your small legs are impossibly supporting. You are Eva. Eeeeeeeevaaaaaaaa. Not Ehva. Eva. You think. No one has told you your name. But then, no one decides your name but you. That is why you are Eva. Nothing else. Eva. Eva. Eva. You will be called Eva. Nothing else. Eva.
– Your First Memory

You are lost in the snow, abandoned by your family, and looking for comfort and warmth. You are cold and shelterless. You hide in the puff of fur around your neck looking for warmth, but find none, your caramel colored fur being wet and covered in little white specks of snow. You find an icy rock, and cuddle next to it, as the rock seems to be the warmest thing in sight. You shiver. You try to sleep. Sleep doesn't come. You hope. You breath. You sigh. You press your nose to the cool, slippery rock. You close your eyes once more.
– Your Worst Memory

Other: I made my first story when I was in first grade and I have loved writing ever since. I wrote my first fanfiction here when I was nine and even though it was completely horrible, I now know that I want to be bestselling author when I grow up.

Old April 15th, 2009, 10:25 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Hum de dum. You are added. Dum de hum.

Old April 19th, 2009, 12:42 PM
~Night
~!~Miss Cow~!~

I have a question: Do beta readers rewrite chapters or do they give suggestions?

Category -
I'm pretty good with coming up with a plot for stories and using tone, though I can help with other things too

Genre specialty- I think I'm probably best in Romance, but I'll do any genre you ask.

Preferred method of contact - PM

Examples of writing - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=175103 http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=145588 http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=139881

Examples of reviews/beta-reports: - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...56&postcount=2 http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...00&postcount=2

Strengths/weaknesses (optional): I'm good with spelling and coming up with vocabulary. My weakness is that I can't make chapters a whole lot longer.

~Night

Old April 20th, 2009, 04:02 AM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Quote:
I have a question: Do beta readers rewrite chapters or do they give suggestions?
Beta Readers are basically proof-readers - they just check the work, find what's wrong with it, why, and how to improve it, really. What the do depends on their category, but that's basically it... hmm. Get more of on the first post (or ask me questions), and then I'll see if I add you - just that we more want to add people who are sure on what they will be doing and what they are to do and so forth. Clear up any confusion you may have - better to be safe than sorry. =)

Old April 26th, 2009, 06:01 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

*Has regained the ability to fully use PC on IE* Ok then - thanks for telling me, FlozenFlame, and ~Night, you're added as a Plot Beta Reader - feel free to take someone on. =)

Old May 12th, 2009, 07:19 PM
larvitarsstealsouls
Beginning Trainer

Title of Story: Wally Wood: A Hoenn Adventure
Plot summary: Wally’s journey through Hoenn, collecting Gym Badges, stopping the ‘good’ Team Magma from covering the Earth in land, and finding a lot more than Pokemon. Based strongly off Pokemon Sapphire.
Genre: Adventure/Action/Humor. I’m still on the fence about whether or not there should be romance.
Rating (PG, R, etc): PG-13, most likely.
Type of mentor needed: Comprehensive
Writing sample of story:
Other: I’ve been writing for about two years, and I still have a lot of room for improvement. This will be my first fanfiction, so I have no experience with stuff like this. I have most of an outline written, and I’m working on finishing the prologue. Once it’s done I’ll use it as the sample of my story. Sorry for not having it ready right now!

I’ll have to say my weaknesses are my lack of confidence in writing and moving the story along. As I start writing more, I’ll probably uncover more weaknesses. I think I’m decent at spelling, grammar, and word choice.

Thank you for reading! =]
Old May 12th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

All right, lavitarsstealsouls. I'll add you to the first post.
Old May 17th, 2009, 02:07 AM
Mizan de la Plume Kuro
Bass, Bass Everywhere!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mizan de la Plume Kuro
In need of a Beta Reader. My fic has way too many grammar and language mistakes like Valentine kindly pointed out. I'm not going to be active on PC starting tomorrow -exams *sigh* -so anyone who wants to Beta my fic please feel free to take at least two weeeks to Beta my fic. Oh by the way if you want to Beta my fic also do me a favour and PM bobandbill -about being my mentor/beta- because of my absence, Sorry if its not allowed or if it's being rude.

Here's the specifications for my fic

Title of Story: Neo Groudon
Plot summary: A Groudon and a boy are genetically or physically fused together. Now they’re on a vague Quest to find out more about themselves, why they became like this and possibly become separated. There is also a mysterious electric Pokémon to the mix yet to be revealed. He is still pretty much confused and slightly naive always listening to what Groudon tells him to do but this develops over the story. Currently, the story is on a not-so-suspenseful cliff-hanger.
Genre: Horror(because of blood), Science Fiction, Slight Humour(Sarcastic Groudon), debating whether there should be any romance.
Rating (PG, R, etc): PG-13, I guess, obscene language, violence and blood
Type of mentor needed: Language and Grammar (but don’t bug me on the plot unless necessary because it doesn’t all make sense in the beginning but will. Unless it’s really important)
Writing sample of story: Excerpt from Chapter 5-
Spoiler:

Shino looks at me and at Kana expectantly, he doesn’t seem to be interested, but he acts as though he is. He’s probably bored.

“So what is this, Neo Groudon thing? What about this Infinity whatever what are they?” I ask impatiently.

“I don’t know much about The NG project but what I do know is it had something to do with you and a Groudon that they captured weeks ago. About the Infinity Conglomerate, they’re a group of companies under the Higher Ups who control 45% of the world stock market. They’ve even bought over Silph from Kanto and Devon right here in Hoenn. They also control some underground groups but I can’t remember their names.” She answers.

“Is there anyway, I can find out about this project.” I ask.

“Well…” she starts hesitantly, “there is a way, but it’s risky”

“Oh, I like risks” says Groudon inside my head.

“I’ll take it, I need to know how to get rid of this power, why am I like this?” I say.

“Like what?” she asks.

“You mean you don’t know, I thought you worked there since you were wearing that lab coat and all.” I say.

“Even I don’t know what this project was about. Dad only brought me on as a computer programmer at the facility. He never said much about what he did. Course he never found out about you since he was always at work so often. You never talked about your dad either. You were always reluctant to discuss him whenever I brought it up.”

“Well” I start, “I need to know that I can trust you before I tell you.”

“I swear, I’ve been your friend since you were five and you’re still as paranoid as ever. Well, you’ve always liked Fire Pokémon, and you lived in Mosdeep before I moved away to Rustboro. Does that answer your question?” she says with a smile.
Looking over at Shino I realise she’s right I do seem more attached to him since he joined me.

“Fine” I say, “I’ll tell you but keep this between us”

I take of my gloves and expose my hand, slowly I take the cold, untouched tea that was on the table and hold it one hand.
The tea starts to boil vigorously.

“How are you doing that!” she asks in amazement.

“I’m not sure, it has something to do with the Groudon inside me, fused with my soul.

“So that’s what it was about, but what was the purpose.” She says. “What else can you do!” she says suddenly excited.

“I’ll handle this” says Groudon.

I let Groudon have his way. My hands curl inwards and grow slightly larger; my nails grow longer and turn to become the trademark claws of Groudon, my hands feel superheated, electric sparks dance between the metallic claws. Not surprisingly Groudon is able to control the power to a certain degree and places his/my elbows on the table, interlock our fingers in the classic evil genius style and says with my vocal cords

“Hello there, Kana.” In a low throaty growl. “I’m Groudon, creator of Land”.
Groudon grins evilly to reveal a set of vicious razor sharp teeth/fangs. Kana is shocked; she seems to be backing away slowly from the vicious sight that is the fusion of man and Pokémon, the creation of man that is Neo Groudon.

Other: I don’t think of myself as a bad writer I’ve been writing since I was 6. However, whenever I use the computer to write, my stories/fics come out shorter than intended and have more mistakes than when it’s handwritten. Besides, Valentine suggested I should get a Beta Reader to catch logic and comma mistakes.
.F i c t i o N.
Havisham
"Break his heart, Estella. Break
his heart..." - Cutlerine
---

.F a n f i c t i o N.
The Promise I Made to You

SWC 2012 Second Place
Old May 17th, 2009, 08:28 AM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Added you, Neo Groudon. Humdedum the deed is done.

Old May 20th, 2009, 08:23 PM
JX Valentine
Your aquatic overlord

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to JX Valentine Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to JX Valentine
Haha. Guess who's back in this thread for a second time? (My current beta has computer troubles that may or may not result in her needing to reformat her disc. ;_;)

Title of Story: Anima Ex Machina
Fandom: Pokémon
Plot summary: A meteor crash-lands near Fortree City, unleashing a parasitic alien pokémon that threatens all life on Earth. Meanwhile, a mild-mannered pokémon researcher with a penchant for being in the wrong place at the wrong time finds himself caught up in a tangle between humanity and the alien entity itself. Literally. With a new body, powers he can't entirely control, and no choice in the matter, he's forced to team up with a former cop and a traumatized young girl to fight for the future of the planet, but is he the key to humankind's survival or a pawn for its destruction?
Genre: Sci-fi, suspense, dark fic
Rating (PG, R, etc): R
Type of mentor needed: Proofreader, character, and/or grammar.
Writing sample of story: From the unbetaed eleventh chapter:

Spoiler:
The wind blew to the north from the peak of Mt. Chimney, and because of that, clouds of ash drifted from the lava fields at its top to leave the fields to the east of Fallarbor coated in a thick layer of soft grayness. For some, it projected a feeling of tranquility with flakes falling like fresh snow gently to the earth. Others enjoyed rushing through it, brushing the green grass beneath it free from their dusty coats for a few precious moments. And for others, it was the ideal place to practice stealth, to hide among the ash piles for unsuspecting passersby – or, in the case of the occasional small pokémon, to hide from predators.

For that reason, it wasn't at all unusual for a spinda to wobble along and come in contact with a sandshrew. The latter's ears twitched, and he lifted his head to swivel his dark eyes towards the dancing bear. She stared at him for awhile with her spiral eyes, watching with a short giggle as the sandshrew rose to his haunches. One yellow paw reached down to the edge of his burrow in preparation for slinging some of the ash and dirt at the panda, but before he could, he turned his head away from her sharply, towards another form of commotion. Spinda turned herself in the same direction, just in time to see a cloud of dust rising in a zig-zag across the field not far away. A buzzing rose from it as it darted closer and closer to the two. With a pair of shrieks, the sandshrew and the spinda jumped into movement: the sandshrew frantically burrowed out of sight, while the spinda stumbled drunkenly away.

By some miracle, the cloud and the ixodida within it missed them both by a few seconds.

For the past three minutes, Bill had been in a frantic flight away from an attacker. It took two of those minutes to realize that perhaps flying low to gain cover by kicking up ash was a bad idea because it had the unfortunate side-effect of rendering him blind as well. The third minute was currently being spent trying to figure out how to gain altitude without slamming into the ground while at the same time avoiding obstacles he couldn't see. Needless to say, he quickly found he wasn't particularly good at the entire concept of flying.

Jerking to the side at the sight of a sudden shadow, Bill managed to miss a boulder by a few inches while at the same time clipping the ear of another wandering spinda with one of his wings. The latter tottered away with terrified cries while Bill found himself scrambling to regain balance. Unfortunately, physics won out, and he soon found himself tumbling head-over-heels for several feet as his wings uselessly beat against the ground. Finally, he stopped only by slamming his back upside-down against a rather large rock, leaving his legs in the air and his shoulders supporting him on the ground. For several moments, the impact left him silent as pain jolted through every part of his body.

"Remind me never to do that again," Bill murmured to Adam with a groan.

Slowly, he twisted, carefully pulling his legs back towards the ground as his hands pushed against the rock for support. He shakily rose to his feet and winced as he placed a hand on the small of his sore back. With shuffling movements, he turned just in time to see his pursuer hop into view.

The whismur stood a few feet in front of him. Her crossed eyes fixed on him as her small paws rose to her mouth. Bill froze, his eyes widening as he turned completely towards her. He lifted one hand, palm outward, as he backed against the rock.

"Now, hold on," he said. "I'm not ready to—"

She took a deep breath, opened her mouth as wide as possible, and screamed. Instantly, Bill yelped, covering his ears with both hands. The act left him without an anchor against the rest of the blast: the air itself as it vibrated in a wave. It crashed against him, launching him backwards, off his feet and into the rock behind him. He smacked into the hard surface and remained pinned until the whismur finally stopped. After that point, he fell limply to his knees first and then, finally, face-down into the ground.

Satisfied, the whismur closed her mouth. Bill turned his head, squinting as spots clouded his sight for a long while. He could vaguely make out colored blobs appearing in his line of vision, but it didn't register to him what they were until he heard a voice.

"How many does that make now?" Veronica asked. "Six?"

She knelt beside him. He heard something scrape – the sound of a cap twisting off the top of a bottle – just before ice-cold fresh water drenched his head. Jolting, he pulled away and struggled to force himself to his knees. He glared at her as he played with his soaked ear, trying to toy water out.

"Yes," he said dryly. "It's the sixth time. I never knew battling would be so difficult. Rosie's whismur is well-trained."

Veronica stood and capped the canteen. "Hmph. Don't blame the whismur for the fact that you're lame. It defeated you six times in a row, Bill."

Other: I've been writing fanfiction for a long while -- probably since 2000 or earlier. I can't entirely remember. The problems, however, lie in the fact that I sometimes don't notice the little things I do, like repeat myself or use one word when I actually mean its homophone. Likewise, I'm working with a lot of canon characters and science BSing in general, so I'll definitely need someone who can tell me not only whether or not a canon character (like Tracey) is recognizable but also whether or not my explanations and the things I'm doing actually make sense and are clear.

The fic has eleven published chapters (counting a prologue) so far and can be read here. The only knowledge a beta I'm working with needs to really have is a basic knowledge of the games and anime as well as the storyline of the chapters thus far. (Yes, scientific know-how is not a requirement.) And if I'm not a nightmarish client enough, I also update on an erratic schedule but will promise to let you know before I send you a chapter that one is coming.
Professional ninja. May or may not actually be back. Here for the snark and banter at most.

Need some light reading?
Anima Ex Machina (Chapter 20 now available)
The Leaf Green Incident (SWC 2012 winner)
Braid (Creepypasta apparently)
Domain | Dreamwidth | Twitter
Old May 21st, 2009, 11:43 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Added you, Valentine. THE DEED IS DONE. =)

Old May 22nd, 2009, 09:19 PM
¡Chucho!
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Modest
Title of Story: Untitled
Plot summary: A Riolu from an alternate universe where Pokemon don't know moves arrives in Hoenn and needs to find a way to get back home.
Genre: Heroic Fantasy, some Humor (I hope)
Rating (PG, R, etc): PG
Type of mentor needed: Plot and Character
Writing sample of story: http://docs.google.com/View?id=dg45cd4x_9gghv7zf2
Other: I haven't written any Pokemon fanfics before.

Last edited by ¡Chucho!; June 8th, 2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 02:48 AM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Added you to the list, Shadow Ralts.

And on below posts, AdvancedK9 had already found a Beta reader, so..

Last edited by bobandbill; August 9th, 2009 at 01:43 AM.
Old July 31st, 2009, 01:05 PM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Ok, I'm gonna give this another shot. So I will probably need a Beta reader.

Title of Story: Magic42 Incorporated

Fandom: Pokemon Canon Characters/Original Starting Trainer

Plot summary: Ash and his friends meet up with a starting trainer named Mac. They suddenly realize some people start to act strangely in Kanto. When they find the cause of this is a popular soft drink called Croca-Cola they try to invade the main factory since most law forces can't do much, but they soon see the problem is one of Croca-Cola's ingredient providers, Magic42 Incorporated. And that company is damn powerful.

Genre: Pearlshipping, Crude Humor,

Rating (PG, R, etc): PG-13 (Language, Crude Humor, Slight Sexuality)

Type of mentor needed: Comprehensive

Writing sample of story:
Spoiler:

“Ash you mental retard! You had me so ****ing worried about you!” shouted Dawn. Realizing what she had done, she stepped back extremely disgusted at herself.

“Pikaaaa…” said Pikachu very confused, translation of “What the?”

“I…I’m so sorry Ash. But you can’t just mess with me like that! Couldn’t you just have whispered what you want to say to me while Brock is cooking lunch?” said Dawn.

“I expected you to slap me, to be honest,” replied Ash, “but I have to tell you something before Brock comes back.”

Suddenly, footsteps are heard in the distance. Ash couldn’t believe what he was seeing.

“Damn it! He’s back already?!” exclaimed Ash, “Arg! This is great! Just PERFECT!”

“Hey Ash!” shouted Brock from the distance, “I got some strong medicine for digestive regulation!”

Brock ran up to Ash and Dawn quickly, wondering why Ash is up.

“Ash? I thought your stomach was hurting.” said Brock.

“I… I don’t know, it just went away after a few minutes, just like that.” lied Ash.

“I know Ash, you had me worried there!” said Dawn with agreement.

Pikachu, thought a bit hastily, nodded in agreement.

“Wow, OK. I got the medicine in handy in case you get pain again, alright?” said Brock.

Other: I help and unofficially Beta another fic, I tried to write a few years ago, but apparently I had no skill for this. When my English teacher was being delighted with my story-writing, I decided to try fanfiction again. So that is what I am doing. I want to kick-start this fic before I start school on the 24th.
Putting dairy on the fridge door should be morally wrong and outlawed.
Old July 31st, 2009, 01:24 PM
Houndour2004
Advanced Trainer

Nature: Adamant
I deleted this Beta preview.

Last edited by Houndour2004; July 31st, 2009 at 04:06 PM.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 02:50 PM
Haz
Haz ya seen my hack?

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Yahoo to Haz
Title of Story: Blood of the Animals (BotA for short)
Fandom: Origianl fan-fiction
Plot summary: Four teengaers who are heirs of the Kruhas, an ancient race who could transform into animals, must race to save the world from an evil tyrant and his blood-thirsty mistress.
Genre: Horror with a bit of action.
Rating (PG, R, etc): R for having a bit of everything.
Type of mentor needed: Proof-Reader.
Writing sample of story:
Spoiler:

Sixteen year old Hayley sprinted through the forest at an extremely fast speed, dodging the rocks and bushes in her way. She slowed to a stop and sat on a fallen log to catch her breath. She was an extremely beautiful girl with a round face, brown hair (that was once blonde) that sparkled in sunlight and entrancing brown eyes that seemed to always filled with happiness.

She had since abandoned high school. At the moment she wore tattered three-quarter jeans and a tank-top to cope with the hot, wet climate of the jungle. Bearing many cuts, scratches and scars, it was obvious she was tough, physically and mentally. But there was something most unusual about her. A bushy grey tail was sticking out of the top of her pants. Grey dog-like ears replaced her normal ones one her head. In front, strange brown goggles sat loosely.

A shot nearby made her turn her head. A shirtless boy, a bit older then her, held a rifle to his shoulder as he fired another shot. He blew his long blonde bangs out of his eyes to reveal his handsome face before ruffling his hair at the back with his free hand. He too had a tail except his was longer, thinner and spotted as were the ears sticking out of his hair. His piercing yellow eyes were impossible to ignore.

Other: I've been writing for five or so years but havn't really improved. I struggle with descrining and grammer so these are the areas I want to improve.
DeviantART: Haz-Za

Fanfiction.net: Ha-Za-A

Credits to Galukxy for this awesome banner

Last edited by Haz; August 29th, 2009 at 01:13 PM.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 04:13 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Updeated into the list.

As for those still there, if you have already found someone to take you on, or are no longer seeking a Beta Reader... please notify me.

Old August 26th, 2009, 12:00 PM
hashtag
the man in black

Title of Story: Gold's Heart
Fandom: Pokémon
Plot summary: So yeah, it's basically just an adventure around Johto. Loads of new things etc. though.
Genre: Normal Pokémon genre? Adventure?
Rating (PG, R, etc): It's Pokémon, hardly anything vulgar. Whatever all ages is :P.
Type of mentor needed: Just a beta reader, someone to check each chapter over I guess.
Writing sample of story: If you're interested PM me for this.
Other: Been writing for a while I guess :/
"i am the hero pokécommunity deserves, but not the one it needs right now"

paired with christos
retired rom hacker
please PM me any moderation requests (keep in mind the 24 hour rule)
Old August 29th, 2009, 03:08 AM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

*reappears from mini break*

Added you, Alice. =)

*again motions for others to send him an update if their situation has changed*

Old August 29th, 2009, 03:18 AM
Haz
Haz ya seen my hack?

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Yahoo to Haz
Could I change from seeking a comprehension beta-reader to seeking a Proof-Reader?
DeviantART: Haz-Za

Fanfiction.net: Ha-Za-A

Credits to Galukxy for this awesome banner
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here