Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old February 14th, 2009 (06:22 AM).
xD

Found a bug. When I'm in victory road and I have to fight my rival for the last time, the game freezes when he sends out meganium. I chose my starter as totodile.

4 truths of life
1. You cannot touch all your teeth with your tongue.
2. All idiots, after reading the first truth, will try it.
3. And discover that the first truth is a lie.
4. You're smiling now because you're an idiot.
Old February 14th, 2009 (09:03 AM).
n00b desu ka?

Nature: Careful
thanks. i know about that one and its hopfully already fixed.

link
Old February 14th, 2009 (11:30 AM).

Hey, just wondering. You said the release is 1-2 months sooner, so does that mean in one or two months or a bit later. Also, if I start playing on the beta 1.1, how far will it go upto? And once you release your full hack do I have to restart all my progress?

Thanks alot, your hack looks amazing!
Old February 14th, 2009 (11:37 AM).

ok i have played alot of unfinished hacks and im looking for one that is actually finished completely. when do u think u will be done with it?
Old February 14th, 2009 (12:39 PM). Edited February 14th, 2009 by Keyaki.

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Keyaki
Quote originally posted by EJames2100:
Download the Liquid Crystal Patch
Have a clean Fire Red rom - Google this
Download an IPS patcher - http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?threadid=12077 (The attached File) Works Fine
Have a Visual Boy Advance, Patch the Fire Red rom and rename it Pokemon: Liquid Crystal.gba(For easy reference), Put the Liquid Crystal and the Visual Boy Advance into a folder on their own and drag the rom over the VBA and it should start up
Okay, i'm sorry but i don't fully understand, I have the IPS Patcher and a clean Fire Red ROM, but the rest I'm stuck, i don't fully understand

EDIT: nvm, I got it to work another way

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 14th, 2009 (12:57 PM).

Hey, why don't you release the almost finished version earlier ? I will probably have no time to play on 1-2 months from now and I really would like to play this game
Old February 14th, 2009 (05:13 PM).

Enough with asking for release dates and asking for them to release it earlier. It's like a slap in the face to the developers. Let them do what they do and they'll release it when they think it's ready. Don't be greedy.

Old February 14th, 2009 (07:08 PM).

I didnt really mean to be such a bad guy as you make me look. I do understand your point, but I just wanted to put mine here too, so let's just respect each other ok ? I didn't mean to offend nor bother anyone.

Thx
Old February 15th, 2009 (02:01 AM).
I never use this site.

Nature: Relaxed
Great hack i love the graphics but... what's the point about the weather keep changing? Is it ment that it happens or is it a glitch? Oh yeah... Prof.Oak doesn't say anything when you see your rival in the intro. And when you battle alex for the first time he sometimes walk through a person and so does your rival in the second battle and in that battle the game freezes when he sends out his starter. And the first route theme... well it sounds like... i don't know. And i once had an egg, one fainted pokemon and my starter. Then for some reason i could battle the double team trainers in the second gym, and i sent out my fainted pokemon and my starter. This hack is gonna need some updates
Old February 15th, 2009 (03:05 AM).
Im British you know!

Nature: Naive
I have played this hack and am quite impressed, but due to the Meganium glitch at victory road i am proberly going to leave this until a new beta or something is released. Anyways good luck with this and I hope the finished product lives up to its hight expectation rate.
The Ruby Destiny Trilogy
Pokemon Light Platinum
Old February 15th, 2009 (07:38 AM).

Status
"KANTO is 98% finished. Adding in missing bits and extras"

Oh yeah! New version!
Old February 15th, 2009 (10:42 AM). Edited February 15th, 2009 by deadlyangel91792.
Psn Id-Sirbagsalot

so is ALL jhoto complete???? i wanna be sure how long ill be playing before i go to far also i LOVE the music its so awesome all the remixs sound great

Old February 15th, 2009 (11:20 AM). Edited February 15th, 2009 by yoshi12370.
Bouncing along!

Nature: Quirky
I'm stuck in Azela town because every time my rival sends his starter the game freezes...

Current ship obsession: Mustardshipping
(Is Yoshi-san on BMGf)
Old February 16th, 2009 (10:28 AM).
Im British you know!

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by deadlyangel91792:
so is ALL jhoto complete???? i wanna be sure how long ill be playing before i go to far also i LOVE the music its so awesome all the remixs sound great
All of Johto is finished in the current beta, and it seems that all of Kanto is soon to be finished.

As said before im looking foward to the next release ^^
The Ruby Destiny Trilogy
Pokemon Light Platinum
Old February 16th, 2009 (11:41 AM).

Great mod of the Crystal version so far. However, i really find the constantly changing weather conditions very annoying.
Old February 16th, 2009 (02:34 PM).
n00b desu ka?

Quote originally posted by lankan_warrior4:
Hey, just wondering. You said the release is 1-2 months sooner, so does that mean in one or two months or a bit later. Also, if I start playing on the beta 1.1, how far will it go upto? And once you release your full hack do I have to restart all my progress?

Thanks alot, your hack looks amazing!
the beta 2 will be released hopfully within the next month or 2. i suggest you restart whenever a new beta is released. its apain i know but you get the best experience.

Quote originally posted by Joey_Dice38:
ok i have played alot of unfinished hacks and im looking for one that is actually finished completely. when do u think u will be done with it?
done? quite a while. im aiming for completion by july/august time.

Quote originally posted by Zado:
Hey, why don't you release the almost finished version earlier ? I will probably have no time to play on 1-2 months from now and I really would like to play this game
well thats not my problem. i will release it when its ready. not sooner.

Quote originally posted by Sportsmaniac1322:
Enough with asking for release dates and asking for them to release it earlier. It's like a slap in the face to the developers. Let them do what they do and they'll release it when they think it's ready. Don't be greedy.
thanks dude. i aggree.

Quote originally posted by Zado:
I didnt really mean to be such a bad guy as you make me look. I do understand your point, but I just wanted to put mine here too, so let's just respect each other ok ? I didn't mean to offend nor bother anyone.

Thx
yea its np. i bet people are eger for another release.

Quote originally posted by PKNM Freak Bror:
Great hack i love the graphics :) but... what's the point about the weather keep changing? Is it ment that it happens or is it a glitch? Oh yeah... Prof.Oak doesn't say anything when you see your rival in the intro. And when you battle alex for the first time he sometimes walk through a person and so does your rival in the second battle and in that battle the game freezes when he sends out his starter. And the first route theme... well it sounds like... i don't know. And i once had an egg, one fainted pokemon and my starter. Then for some reason i could battle the double team trainers in the second gym, and i sent out my fainted pokemon and my starter. This hack is gonna need some updates :P
yea i know about that stuff. the weather changes randomly so its meant to be like that.

Quote originally posted by Feraligatr master:
I have played this hack and am quite impressed, but due to the Meganium glitch at victory road i am proberly going to leave this until a new beta or something is released. Anyways good luck with this and I hope the finished product lives up to its hight expectation rate.
thanks. the freezing battles is a problem i know. it happens randomly so i dont know how to fix it :|. i need someone like Mastermind_X to take a look into it.

Quote originally posted by NightFelix:
Status
"KANTO is 98% finished. Adding in missing bits and extras"

Oh yeah! New version!
thats right :D its 99% done now :P

Quote originally posted by deadlyangel91792:
thanks and yea the whole johto is complete. i put more music in today that hopfully people will love. that includes a new route 29 :P

Quote originally posted by yoshi12370:
I'm stuck in Azela town because every time my rival sends his starter the game freezes...
yes. the way to get around that is to choose totodile. thats who i chose and didnt get the error.

Quote originally posted by olidude:
sound cool this game, :) hehe
xd. it is

Quote originally posted by Feraligatr master:
All of Johto is finished in the current beta, and it seems that all of Kanto is soon to be finished.

As said before im looking foward to the next release ^^
great. thanks fro the suport

Quote originally posted by boomilk:
Great mod of the Crystal version so far. However, i really find the constantly changing weather conditions very annoying.
yea i thougth when i was making it.. you either love it or hate it. personally i love it so its gonna stay for now.

update: things are moving lightspeed on the deveopment side. there actully isnt much to do before a nice new reease of beta 2 :D im at beta 1.73 atm

link
Old February 16th, 2009 (06:15 PM).

Excellent hack.
However, the scripting and mapping is a tiny itty bitty bit on the shabby side.

I frequently find map squares that I can cross when I shouldn't be able to, and vice versa, item balls that crash the game, and of course, the battle freezes.
Also, some small tile errors.

LaZ, the battle against you (Saffron->Cerulean) freezes the game. I chose Cyndaquil as starter if that helps.

I enjoyed playing this hack! Great work! :D
Old February 17th, 2009 (08:56 AM).

I don't think what starter you pick matters as to the battle crashes, I chose Totodile and it crashes at the second rival battle. (happened 3 times and I just gave up on it) so if that could get fixed, I might actually be able to enjoy this hack as it is looking really good from what little I have gotten to play so far.
Old February 17th, 2009 (10:43 AM).
n00b desu ka?

im sorry to hear these battle glitches are in the way. problem is it happens randomly. whats worse is im guessing its corupt asm. me + asm = phail lol.

it does matter what starter you pick as there is 3 differnet battles for the rival. some crash and some dont.

link
Old February 17th, 2009 (03:55 PM).
Pokemon hack/game player

downloaded it yesterday and just thought i'd let you know that the kadabera in the final rival fight also freezes the game, as well as the slowbro of will (the first elite 4 member (i cheated to get psat the rival but i can't get past him to see if anything else freezes the game) i picked cyntiquil for a starter.
Old February 17th, 2009 (04:26 PM).
n00b desu ka?

thanks dude. i fixed both of them. if you have hacking skils guys then just make the pokemon of the freezing battles to one level 5 poke or something.

remember i said that beta 2 will be a complete remake of crystal with everything thats doable... well please ask me if this or that will be included guys. i need this because i'll forget to put something in. also i might have decided not to put something in and then i'll tell people why if i have.

thanks in advance.
link

ps. the quicker people ask the faster the beta will be released :D
Old February 17th, 2009 (04:30 PM).

How will evolutions for eevee to umbreon/espeon be included, if at all?
Old February 17th, 2009 (05:19 PM).
O.o

LaZ, when do you want the... dunno if you released this yet or not, but the "other" maps? How many more months do I have? xD
Best of luck, friend! :3
Old February 17th, 2009 (05:36 PM).
n00b desu ka?

Quote originally posted by lordtomato:
How will evolutions for eevee to umbreon/espeon be included, if at all?
moon and sun stone like suggested. i cant think of any other good way.

Quote originally posted by Disturbed:
LaZ, when do you want the... dunno if you released this yet or not, but the "other" maps? How many more months do I have? xD
Best of luck, friend! :3
hmm. 1-2 months i would say.

link
Old February 18th, 2009 (02:07 AM).
the man in black
Crystal Tier

Just a quick question...

Will you be putting in the battle tower by Olivine City?

Sponsored Links