The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase

Notices

Hacks Showcase Want to play a hack? Here, you can play some good quality hacks… or you can make your own and submit it here! (Unless you can show a significant amount of development, your hack starts at the "Progressing Hacks" forum first.)
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 9th, 2009, 07:05 PM
thedgr05
Tower of Doom creator

Location: It seems like.... If I was right in front of a computer typing this.
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikeron View Post
I think you add RealTime Day/Night in LC
I want to see in LC
It will be in eventually just wait till MasterMindX figures out how to add it!
Maybe in beta 3 or 4 or even in the final release! along with pokegear, phone,radio,day-care OWs & extended OWs table, pokedex with Johto map,changed intro, my titlescreen (hopefully :D) bugfixes all legendaries and maybe more!

I finished the Bag screen! Can someone please tell Zeikku? and comment about my bag screen if you like it! (its the attached file)

And Can you overwrite the Frames on the menu? If you can can you overwrite the 1rst one for this one : (it´s the attached file again )

I also made an idea for silver´s textbox please comment and tell Zeikku about it!

Last edited by thedgr05; May 9th, 2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old May 9th, 2009, 07:55 PM
dialga01
Beginning Trainer

it wont let me play it when i drag it to visualboyadvanced it says unsupported file type
Old May 9th, 2009, 08:11 PM
thedgr05
Tower of Doom creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dialga01 View Post
it wont let me play it when i drag it to visualboyadvanced it says unsupported file type
you need to patch it on a clean fire red rom
if you dont have the patch or the patcher download it from the 1rst page

ps: coment about my screens please, I would like to hear a comment!
Old May 9th, 2009, 11:22 PM
jeffrey222233
Beginning Trainer

full jotho and kanto..great hack.. it will be like soul silver and heart gold..the remakes for DS..wohoooo
Old May 10th, 2009, 01:09 AM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Nature: Modest
Good new people, I found out how to add new OWs to Fire Red, so when I have the time, I'll add them to LC which means no more psyducks with teleport and no more falkner looking like koga :D
Old May 10th, 2009, 02:29 AM
Kaneco
Chaos Elite Master

I'm new around here so I haven't gotten around Pokemon hacks too much and let me say this: I'm
completely amazed and blown away by this project. Along with great prior achievements in the past
such as "ShinyGold" & "Ruby Destiny".

I really appreciate all the hackers in this community to actually draw out new ideas and just share
them with the community. It makes me all fuzzy inside, I think I'm going to give this a shot and
maybe make my own pokemon game...who knows... XD

I hope you guys continue & wish you good luck on your future endeavors. =D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old May 10th, 2009, 02:48 AM
Matt Silver
Who Do You Think?

Nature: Adamant
Top shelf hack you have here, linkandzelda. Nice and inventive, can't really hate it. Some minor sprites problems - like the gym leaders not having unique sprites, the Zane guy being a DP sprite in a world of FRLG ones... (But that's just nitpicky. ;))

Question though, how did you manage to change the battle boxes (You know, where the HP and stuff go)? If so, is there a tutorial/program out there that I don't know of that does this? Thanks anyway.

Keep it up man, you're well deserved for this Hack of the Month.
Old May 10th, 2009, 03:33 AM
Cat

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Cat
Loving This Hack So Far, Well Done! :D

Old May 10th, 2009, 03:51 AM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Nature: Careful
ok guys. im thinking about something. thats removing part of the weather script. atm there is 7 different weathers for the differnet week days. i would prefer to keep these at they work with the days of the week quite well i think and is a nice place holder until a suitable day/night. perhaps just removing the glitched weathers and haveing 4-5 differnet weathers would be more realistic.

im about to go through my PMs now xD so expect replys on trainer requests.

edit: just say i forgot. after i recieve 100 trainer requests i will close the trainer request i think.

link

Last edited by linkandzelda; May 10th, 2009 at 04:03 AM.
Old May 10th, 2009, 04:28 AM
Bunneth
Beginning Trainer

Alright, I'm beginning to play through this game and I must say I'm impressed. With the gameplay obviously, but mostly for all of the custom music that was created for it. As a Music Technology student I often focus on the soundtrack of certain media and I'm very overawed with this one.

One question though, is there a list somewhere of the change of evolution methods, if they even exist? Because I want to raise a Politoed but have no idea how I would go about evolving Poliwhirl.
Old May 10th, 2009, 05:11 AM
Alex8546
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneth View Post
Alright, I'm beginning to play through this game and I must say I'm impressed. With the gameplay obviously, but mostly for all of the custom music that was created for it. As a Music Technology student I often focus on the soundtrack of certain media and I'm very overawed with this one.

One question though, is there a list somewhere of the change of evolution methods, if they even exist? Because I want to raise a Politoed but have no idea how I would go about evolving Poliwhirl.
i think you just give it the kings rock and it evolves.
Old May 10th, 2009, 06:03 AM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zeikku™
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedgr05 View Post
It will be in eventually just wait till MasterMindX figures out how to add it!
Maybe in beta 3 or 4 or even in the final release! along with pokegear, phone,radio,day-care OWs & extended OWs table, pokedex with Johto map,changed intro, my titlescreen (hopefully :D) bugfixes all legendaries and maybe more!

I finished the Bag screen! Can someone please tell Zeikku? and comment about my bag screen if you like it! (its the attached file)

And Can you overwrite the Frames on the menu? If you can can you overwrite the 1rst one for this one : (it´s the attached file again )

I also made an idea for silver´s textbox please comment and tell Zeikku about it!
All right I'll answer and comment in order, Extended OW table will be in the next beta, I can do the pokedex with the johto map.
radio and phone maybe..eventually.. I'll change the intro.
I'll make a decent titlescreen don't worry, i think yours looks a little too plain no offense.
Bug fixes will happen and legendary events will be done.

The bag screen is ok, but looks a little tacky I don't like the colors... again no offense. I think the whole bag is one image so what you did would not work in a real rom. So i'd have to personally work with what skill and color limits I have. I can change that menu frame.

The rom doesn't allow a specific text box for a person e.g..
There's only one textbox. And that is orange.

Also I started changing fonts

Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.
Old May 10th, 2009, 06:45 AM
øbliteration

Nature: Quiet
the font is actually a bit hard to read. it's too blocky.

but the pokemon center and other tiles posted a little bit back are some of the best i've seen.
Old May 10th, 2009, 08:29 AM
PikachuMan
Pikachu Fanatic

Hey, dunno if anyone else has posted this...

Bugsy's tree overlaps the trainer sprite. Just thought I'd post it :3
Old May 10th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

New title screen I made:-

Old May 10th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Shinx
it's a mad world

That looks so awesome Zeikku!
Now make mine
xD I don't like the new fonts though. You should change those.
Old May 10th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

thanks, i think i'll keep the fonts in for this beta, because i can always change it when i wish but glad you like the title, i was trying to gather ideas for one all day

I'll do yours soon, i have some tile requests

Old May 10th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Shinx
it's a mad world

Are you sure you'll keep the fonts? Because it does look really bad xD
Okay then
Old May 10th, 2009, 10:29 AM
thedgr05
Tower of Doom creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster_Zeikku View Post
All right I'll answer and comment in order, Extended OW table will be in the next beta, I can do the pokedex with the johto map.
radio and phone maybe..eventually.. I'll change the intro.
I'll make a decent titlescreen don't worry, i think yours looks a little too plain no offense.
Bug fixes will happen and legendary events will be done.

The bag screen is ok, but looks a little tacky I don't like the colors... again no offense. I think the whole bag is one image so what you did would not work in a real rom. So i'd have to personally work with what skill and color limits I have. I can change that menu frame.

The rom doesn't allow a specific text box for a person e.g..
There's only one textbox. And that is orange.

Also I started changing fonts

umm, OK so my menu frame will be in? and don´t worry about my screens (I personally think they are bad and need to be fixed ) but what I wanted was to help by suggesting ideas and about the radio, did you read my suggestion about using the TV card? because it could work and the other thing I wanted to know is if LaZ will put my minigame for beta 3 and if you could change frames, if you can then i´m thinking of doing a alph ruins frame. also the big pokecenters should be used only in the big citiess to add realism and in the orange islands too.

Also you didn´t answer why did you remove the Bug contests and if you can add them to a certian weather
Old May 10th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodies View Post
Are you sure you'll keep the fonts? Because it does look really bad xD
Okay then
I don't think it looks bad at all, no other fire red hack that I know of has a font hack yet..

Old May 10th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Nature: Adamant
Wow not bad! I've heard of this hack before but I never researched into it. I was playing Shiny Gold and since I've finished that I figured I'd look for another hack, but wow this hack has so much going for it already and so many great ideas!

In any case, I'm gonna play through and yeah.

Great hack again!
-Krobelus

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old May 10th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Evan
Check out my Hatchery!

Absolutely amazing. I'd go on and on about it, but that is alot of typing. xD

Old May 10th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Cloudiroth11
Platinum Pwner

THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME IN YOUR GAME!! I cant wait! :D :D
Old May 11th, 2009, 12:39 AM
tifaluv

you know you guys can stop working on this now since Nintendo announced that they're remaking Gold and Silver so it will kinda make your hack useless no offense just what alot of people are thinking now
Old May 11th, 2009, 02:02 AM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifaluv View Post
you know you guys can stop working on this now since Nintendo announced that they're remaking Gold and Silver so it will kinda make your hack useless no offense just what alot of people are thinking now
A lot of people don't think that. You don't speak for other people, in my opinion.
Just because Nintendo are making a Gold/ Silver remake what's to say that it'll actually be good? For all we know they could slaughter it. Diamond/ Pearl and Platinum were not great games in my opinion. From what I've seen of "Heart Gold" and "Soul Silver" is the same as what I hated in diamond. Really bright awkward palettes, and I majorly dislike Nintendo's Remake of the New Bark music. Truth is, Magnius farts better melodies..

There is a point to all of this, The fact we've been working on this for just over 2 years and we'll finish before Nintendo, and have a game on the orange islands..as well as have better music that won't make people go deaf and "pure" graphical changes, that won't blind the player. Liquid Crystal captures the heart of what fans love. It already appeals to many people. Remember a hack called Shiny Gold , well as popular as that is, some people are starting to think Liquid Crystal is better. Although we don't mean to be competing, we consider EVERY Remake competition, even Nintendo's remake, so you can be sure that the final release of Liquid Crystal will put the official remake though it's paces. As far as we know there isn't going to be a crystal remake yet. so yeah.. it's worth it and therefor not useless.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links