The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #76    
Old August 14th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Atomic Reactor's Avatar
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Minnesota
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Rash

Advertise here
@Tialgo: We may have to add some more shading to your sprites.
But this will be accepted.
Since you will also appear later in the game, I'm gonna downgrade Butterfree to a Metapod.
And change pinsir with someone else. Pinsir can come later. who do you want in place of him?

@Crossel: What exactly do you have in mind 0_o
__________________
  #77    
Old August 14th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Sandro™
Retired!
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Netherlands Antilles
Age: 22
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sandro™
Dude i totaly forgot about the trainer house! Nice job! And i wish i knew how to make OW's but i guess im too late already Oh well! Good Luck!(and i totaly forgot about giving you the banner) sorry!

Dude i totaly forgot about the trainer house! Nice job! And i wish i knew how to make OW's but i guess im too late already Oh well! Good Luck!(and i totaly forgot about giving you the banner) sorry!
__________________
  #78    
Old August 14th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Sandro™
Retired!
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Netherlands Antilles
Age: 22
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sandro™
Dude i totaly forgot about the trainer house! Nice job! And i wish i knew how to make OW's but i guess im too late already Oh well! Good Luck!(and i totaly forgot about giving you the banner) sorry!
__________________
  #79    
Old August 14th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Atomic Reactor's Avatar
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Minnesota
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Rash
Well, if you can provide a decent sprite, Crossel, KageX or I can edit it into looking good for the game.
__________________
  #80    
Old August 14th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Fiery Dash
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I really love the sun shines! I'm looking forward for this game.
  #81    
Old August 14th, 2008, 09:50 PM
blueguy's Avatar
blueguy
No capitalization required. ;D
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 23
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazers08 View Post
Blueguy,
What in the world are you talking about?
It takes place in Kanto. The places aren't going to be orignal because they were already made!
There are going to be different buildings and places.
The sun ray effect is going to adjusted as AR said.
And there isn't one single orignal idea?
Tell what the pikachu event is then? Or how about the building in Viridian?
This game is getting good feedback because obviously they are seeing more then you do, and maybe that it's a good game.
I don't know if you make games, but it's work. It takes time.
I think you should be more respectful towards this game and AR.
I have no problem with the fact that it takes place in Kanto. I have a problem with the fact that there isn't a storyline whatsoever. Without the sun ray effect, I don't know what it will have going for it. The building in Viridian is a simple recolor.

I do make "games." My project is called Pokémon Grey, and I've put put a lot of hard work into it, unlike this project. I've created my own tilesets, characters, Pokémon, interfaces, moves, items, not to mention a storyline and a number of new features not in the actual games. So, I'd say that I "know" that it's work. That's why I am severely unimpressed with this project.

The reason I am so critical is because I would like the projects in this forum to succeed. Without criticism this project is just going to be derivative and pointless.
  #82    
Old August 15th, 2008, 01:53 AM
Tialgo's Avatar
Tialgo
Hey, wanna buy a E?
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Germany^^
Gender:
Nature: Careful
In place of Pinsir i would have...*think*...Venonat, is that ok?
__________________
  #83    
Old August 15th, 2008, 02:56 AM
PoKéMaKeR's Avatar
PoKéMaKeR
Pokemon Rancher creator!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Netherlands :)
Gender:
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PoKéMaKeR
Yo Atomic_Reactor
Games looking fine, really like it
Nice feature you did with the sign o_0
Hope you'll complete this game, because what is finished already, I really like!

PoKéMaKeR
__________________
(Click for the thread)



Last update on the Rancher thread: February 26th 2009

  #84    
Old August 15th, 2008, 05:25 AM
Blazers's Avatar
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Connecticut
Age: 20
Idc what you put hardwork into!
This game has a lot of hardwork!!
HOW ARE YOU GONNA SAY IT HAS NO HARD WORK!
i'm sick of this. stop saying no time goes into this project.
your game isnt even that great!
stop being so rude. stop posting herre if your not gonna be respectuful!

And your fakemon Blueguy?
If you only knew...

Last edited by Blazers; August 15th, 2008 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #85    
Old August 15th, 2008, 05:49 AM
BurstX's Avatar
BurstX
What happened to the old days?
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to BurstX Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BurstX
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueguy View Post
I have no problem with the fact that it takes place in Kanto. I have a problem with the fact that there isn't a storyline whatsoever. Without the sun ray effect, I don't know what it will have going for it. The building in Viridian is a simple recolor.

I do make "games." My project is called Pokémon Grey, and I've put put a lot of hard work into it, unlike this project. I've created my own tilesets, characters, Pokémon, interfaces, moves, items, not to mention a storyline and a number of new features not in the actual games. So, I'd say that I "know" that it's work. That's why I am severely unimpressed with this project.

The reason I am so critical is because I would like the projects in this forum to succeed. Without criticism this project is just going to be derivative and pointless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazers08 View Post
Idc what you put hardwork into!
This game has a lot of hardwork!!
HOW ARE YOU GONNA SAY IT HAS NO HARD WORK!
i'm sick of this. stop saying no time goes into this project.
your game isnt even that great!
stop being so rude. stop posting herre if your not gonna be respectuful!

And your fakemon Blueguy?
If you only knew...
just a thought but maybe we should keep talking about this game and not other peoples games so what if blueguy doesnt like it oh it doesnt need a spam war so its probably a good idea to stop before a mod gets here.

now to something on topic, A_R i am having a really hard time doing the big sprite but i do know some one who may do it if you want i can contact her
__________________


Jimmy (押し破かれます。X Burst)
♠ Sarcastic Pixel Artist and Sprite Worker
"No opinion is ever wrong."
♠ Extreme Rival with Kiyoshi
♠ Resides in Ecruteak City


  #86    
Old August 15th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Atomic Reactor's Avatar
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Minnesota
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Rash
well, sorry you feel that way blueguy :(
but uh, I'm still gonna work on it. ^_^

yeah go for it kagey! cause we do kinda need that lol.
um... i dont really know what else to say.
well! I watched Zatchyo make the pewter gym and well... your going to love it ^_^


PS I know that building is a recolor... what is your point? If I wanted a completely custom one, I would
have done it myself. sheesh.

PSS Yeah, Venonat is fine. ^_^
__________________
  #87    
Old August 15th, 2008, 12:05 PM
blueguy's Avatar
blueguy
No capitalization required. ;D
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 23
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazers08 View Post
Idc what you put hardwork into!
This game has a lot of hardwork!!
HOW ARE YOU GONNA SAY IT HAS NO HARD WORK!
i'm sick of this. stop saying no time goes into this project.
your game isnt even that great!
stop being so rude. stop posting herre if your not gonna be respectuful!

And your fakemon Blueguy?
If you only knew...
XD I can post wherever I like. And no, my fakemon aren't perhaps the best in the world, but they are pretty good. Some of them were sprited quite a while ago. The fact of the matter is that I have actually taken the time to try and do something creative, while you are an inept, little fanboy.

And "hardwork" is actually not a compound word.
  #88    
Old August 15th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Atomic Reactor's Avatar
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Minnesota
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Rash
actually, hes part of the team.
How am i not doing something creative?
__________________
  #89    
Old August 15th, 2008, 12:25 PM
blueguy's Avatar
blueguy
No capitalization required. ;D
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 23
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic_Reactor View Post
actually, hes part of the team.
How am i not doing something creative?
I feel like you can do much better if you just try. I don't see very much innovation. It just feels like something I've seen before.
  #90    
Old August 15th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Sandro™
Retired!
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Netherlands Antilles
Age: 22
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sandro™
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueguy View Post
I feel like you can do much better if you just try. I don't see very much innovation. It just feels like something I've seen before.
Hi Guys...
Well about this... I do know that AR~ Can do much more than that... But how about if he has something under his sleeve... Maybe he has a surprise for us... And you never know maybe he is saving the best for the last... But Ar i know u can do this...

Good Luck.
Greetings,
Sandro
__________________
  #91    
Old August 15th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Blazers's Avatar
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Connecticut
Age: 20
Fanboy....ok... that's why i'm part of the team genius.
And i didn't say you couldn't post here. Your being a jerk.
And i didn't say your sprites were bad. Your not the only doing it.
If this game is so bad tell me why it has more replies and just as many views as your game?
Stop saying he's not taking time to do anything i'm sick of it.
I'm not even going to argue with you anymore.
It and your not worth it.


Don't correct me.
  #92    
Old August 15th, 2008, 12:36 PM
blueguy's Avatar
blueguy
No capitalization required. ;D
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 23
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazers08 View Post
Fanboy....ok... that's why i'm part of the team genius.
And i didn't say you couldn't post here. Your being a jerk.
And i didn't say your sprites were bad. Your not the only doing it.
If this game is so bad tell me why it has more replies and just as many views as your game?
Stop saying he's not taking time to do anything i'm sick of it.
I'm not even going to argue with you anymore.
It and your not worth it.


Don't correct me.
I'm not trying to be a jerk; I'm trying to give actual feedback. I believe that you implied that my sprites were bad. What is "If I only knew..." supposed to mean? The reason that this game has garnered more posts is because a) the creator replies after each individual post, b) there are little, irrelevant discussions and c) we are having this little squabble.

So far, I have not seen anything that deserves too much acclaim. I'm just waiting to be proven wrong.

I'm not arguing, by the way. I'm simply trying to calm you down.

And I will "correct" you if you are wrong... So, once you're "right," whatever that is, I won't have to correct you any more?
  #93    
Old August 15th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Blazers's Avatar
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Connecticut
Age: 20
Is the pewter gym coming up soon AR?
  #94    
Old August 15th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Sandro™
Retired!
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Netherlands Antilles
Age: 22
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sandro™
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueguy View Post
I'm not trying to be a jerk; I'm trying to give actual feedback. I believe that you implied that my sprites were bad. What is "If I only knew..." supposed to mean? The reason that this game has garnered more posts is because a) the creator replies after each individual post, b) there are little, irrelevant discussions and c) we are having this little squabble.

So far, I have not seen anything that deserves too much acclaim. I'm just waiting to be proven wrong.

I'm not arguing, by the way. I'm simply trying to calm you down.

And I will "correct" you if you are wrong... So, once you're "right," whatever that is, I won't have to correct you any more?
I think he means that you wasn't the only one who made it... that is what i think he means...
__________________
  #95    
Old August 15th, 2008, 12:43 PM
blueguy's Avatar
blueguy
No capitalization required. ;D
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 23
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandro View Post
I think he means that you wasn't the only one who made it... that is what i think he means...
The only one who made what? I make everything for my game. I don't rely on other people's help.
  #96    
Old August 15th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Blazers's Avatar
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Connecticut
Age: 20
Your not the only one who makes fakemon is what i ment.
  #97    
Old August 15th, 2008, 12:47 PM
blueguy's Avatar
blueguy
No capitalization required. ;D
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 23
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazers08 View Post
Your not the only one who makes fakemon is what i ment.
Um, duh. XD Of course I'm not the only one.
  #98    
Old August 15th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Sandro™
Retired!
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Netherlands Antilles
Age: 22
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sandro™
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazers08 View Post
Your not the only one who makes fakemon is what i ment.
I was gonna say that... But maybe ill keep my mouth shut for this one cause its not my discussion... Dude... Good luck with the project... Im gonna wait for the next update... Till then...

Greetings,
Sandro
__________________
  #99    
Old August 15th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Yuoaman's Avatar
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Whoa, this topic has turned into an all out war-zone, if I had real power I'd do something else, but all I can really do is counsel you guys to not bicker like children. Blueguy, if you don't approve of his project, then why even post? It's not like someone was forcing you to post, no, you just decided to go ahead and insult him. Remember, this is a place for constructive criticism, not insults.

And the project's looking great so far Justin.
__________________

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter


83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
  #100    
Old August 15th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Atomic Reactor's Avatar
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Minnesota
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Rash
ok blueguy. i am trying, i have a lot of things planned for this just wait and see.
I'm trying my best to make the game, and if it isn't enough for you im sorry?
if you have any suggestions, let me know.

hmm... pewter? nope, wait for viridian forest first :P
There wont be much in there, well, later in the game there will be some cool events.
so viridian forest will be more interesting later. lol.
ill show some screens tonight ^_^
__________________
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 09:36 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.