< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Create & Discover > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge Write it, or write it?

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Reply Post Reply
Old August 14th, 2008 (8:03 PM).
Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Crystal Tier
Nature: Quirky
Hopefully someone will read this

I have completely lost interest in my current fic. I have several ideas swarming around in my head. I was thinking about starting a new fic and coming back to my old one when I fell like writing on it again. The reason I am posting this is because I need your help. In my first fic I had the whole story written down in a notebook. I think this is why I lost interest in writing it. I already know what is going to happen. I was about to start my new fic, but I am questing myself whether or not I should write the story down or just start typing and give no though as to how the story will end. This may keep me form losing interest in my story. What do you think? Should I just start typing? Should I write just ideas down? Or should I write the whole story down again?
I really need a new signature.
Old August 14th, 2008 (8:36 PM).
It's "I Come Anon"
I personally don't write my drafts on paper, mostly because it's easier to amend mistakes on a computer. Some people have this sort of emotional attachment to pen and paper, and I respect that. I don't think anyone can really help you when it comes down to determining initial medium, some people like writing on paper and some people don't. I personally prefer keeping everything about my story inside my head* before I actually write it, but I don't know if that works for other people

As for your current fic, here's a nice way to end a story that you've lost interest in:

It was at this point that the Universe decided to asplode. This greatly disappointed [Protagonist], because s/he thought s/he had at least a few good chapters left in the spotlight. S/He decided it would be best just to deal with death, and so sat down on a metaphysical rock and smoked metaphysical pot so as to spend the rest of his/her immaterial existence in a pleasant state of high. The end.

*Or sometimes in acting sessions that I hold by myself in my backyard, which makes me look awfully silly.

My chapter fics:
Kanto: The Disputed Frontier - 14 chapters, indefinite hiatus. Gary Stu's Unpredictable Adventure - 8 chapters, completed. Digimon Campaign - 7 chapters, ongoing

There's Always Tomorrow (SWC 2009), A Matter of Stubbornness (SWC 2010), Left by the Roadside
(SWC 2011 1st place),
Giovanni Destroys the World and Everything in It (2012), By What Right? (SWC 2013 1st place), Back in the Day (SWC 2014 1st place)

Family (kind of?): Strange person who calls me strange names

If the pen is mightier than the sword, the keyboard is mightier than the ICBM.
Old August 16th, 2008 (9:53 PM).
ub3r l33t n00b
Send a message via AIM to Neko Keeshi
Do the middle path. Type it out in a file on your computer, that way, you can update as you wish, work on it as you wish, ect..
Father of Machines! From void evolved Phyrexia. He saw its perfection.
Thus the Grand Evolution began. Let our flesh rot and blood boil.
Replace ourselves in his image. Oil, metal, and death. We are now pure.
Phyrexian Scriptures
Check out my new story!
As the Spoon Turns..

Old August 21st, 2008 (6:15 AM).
when the sky is bright
Nature: Docile
Well...if you don't have any desire to write...there's not much you can do about it. That's why I avoid writing down my ideas until I'm actually writing the chapter. I'd suggest taking a break from your current fic until you regain interest.
My fanfiction: Rune of Water

Little sister of Bay
Twin of SailorShadow
Devoted underling of Midnight Jasper
Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links