The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 8th, 2010, 03:31 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
I like the inserted music, I like RSE music since Pokemon Ruby was my first game. It actually brings back nostalgia. I like the overworlds for Team Tundra, those are also good. I like the new Youngster and Lass overworlds.

Last edited by SonicBlazePlatinum; March 8th, 2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old March 14th, 2010, 01:22 AM
LilithOfDarkness
Dark Type Master

Nature: Lonely
This is an awesome hack! I love everything you've done to it!
The only thing is it seems the pokemon get crits a lot, but that just might be on my end...

I love the running indoors thing. Neat idea!

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Last edited by LilithOfDarkness; March 14th, 2010 at 02:00 AM.
Old March 14th, 2010, 01:50 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
The Battle Theme of Magma/Aqua Grunt is very awesome.
Glad to see it inserted into the Hack.

But one thing is, if Team Tundra has this battle theme,
they need the defeated theme too.
Or else, it will be ironic.
Old March 15th, 2010, 01:02 PM
egamad
Unhatched Egg

Hello, I'm new to the forum, and new to Pokemon hacks. I have to say I really loved your hack, and I have one bug to report and one question to ask.

There is a bug on route 701 (I think that's the name) from Greenwood to Gordian. You can walk right through the ledge in the wrong direction. Pic attached.

Also I wanted to ask if I can play my saved game after you will release new version?
Attached Images
File Type: png pkmn.PNG‎ (44.2 KB, 46 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old March 16th, 2010, 04:49 PM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

The ledge bug was fixed in Beta 1.2. You should download that version. It also has other bugs fixed.
Old March 19th, 2010, 04:25 AM
Eario
Skip it..

Nature: Lax
I've played this, and its a reason it won that prize..

Spoiler:
note
The following may not be suitable to all ages.
The following is suitable for AGELIMIT!.
Old March 23rd, 2010, 02:54 PM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

Yeah, it even was mentioned in Pokemon Identity by VGAura on a TV only to be interrupted by a Kanye West-styled guy. I'm guessing that Team Tundra's sprites are going to be in Beta 3? I do like the overworlds though, and that the blue color fits.
Old March 27th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Barra
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by SonicBlazePlatinum View Post
The ledge bug was fixed in Beta 1.2. You should download that version. It also has other bugs fixed.
Actually, the bug is still there for me. I redownloaded and checked again and I can still walk through the ledge right outside Greenwood. This allows you to skip the first rival battle and eventually results in total game failure, if you don't do the battle.

I also experienced another crippling bug on a clean playthrough. After getting my first badge, I couldn't proceed any farther. I understand the game is supposed to progress to two badges. The guy outside the third town with the museum continues to block my passage east. I then was forced to activate the walk through walls code to continue. Edit: This could be because of the aforementioned ledge walkthrough glitch - maybe I did the first rival battle out of order and it messed something up, I dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eario View Post
I've played this, and its a reason it won that prize..
I'm sorry, and I'm not trying to flame or cause trouble, but honestly I have no idea what that reason might be. This is still just a beta with only one badge - two if your playthrough doesn't glitch - and unfortunately it didn't impress me. I did love the character sprite, though, which is why I kept playing.

In my opinion, only complete or near-complete games should receive a title as prestigous "hack of the year". If anyone happens to be looking for a finished product to play while they wait for Azure Horizons, try Pokemon: Team Rocket Edition. It's a total overhaul of the original red version, so if you don't mind the graphics, it's definitely worth a play.

Last edited by Barra; March 27th, 2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old March 27th, 2010, 03:30 PM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

Actually you need to go to the Trainers' School battle the rival and then go east. Don't use cheat codes if you can't continue with the game, just stop playing since cheat codes ruin the fun. And I do think this hack deserved Hack of the Year too, it was Emerald/DPP based and had Torchic as a starter, etc.
Old March 27th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Barra
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by SonicBlazePlatinum View Post
Actually you need to go to the Trainers' School battle the rival and then go east. Don't use cheat codes if you can't continue with the game, just stop playing since cheat codes ruin the fun. And I do think this hack deserved Hack of the Year too, it was Emerald/DPP based and had Torchic as a starter, etc.
I revisted every building, including the trainer's school, before turning on the cheat. The only battles that took place in the school were against two kids.

Turning on the walk through walls cheat for 15 seconds to enable me to continue playing the game didn't ruin anything. Having to quit prematurely after spending several hours catching all the pokemon and evolving my Poochyena would've ruined plenty of fun, though.

I guess you're a Torchic fan...reusing the default 3rd-gen starters in a 3rd gen game doesn't seem epic enough to merit an award like that, but hey, the people have spoken, I'm not gonna argue it.
Old March 28th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barra View Post
In my opinion, only complete or near-complete games should receive a title as prestigous "hack of the year". If anyone happens to be looking for a finished product to play while they wait for Azure Horizons, try Pokemon: Team Rocket Edition. It's a total overhaul of the original red version, so if you don't mind the graphics, it's definitely worth a play.
The thing is, complete or near-complete games are hard to come by, especially with a recent one. In general, older (even the completed ones) games are just less popular than newer, 3rd generation hacks - save CBM's hacks, which already won a few HotYs. Many hackers have adopted a, uh, procrastinative nature. That is to say that we're lazy (most of us, anyway), and tend to not completely finish games all the way through. It's going to be difficult to find a complete, recent game worthy of the community's attention every single year.
Old March 28th, 2010, 07:05 AM
Splash
But nothing happened.

Nature: Hasty
:.Hope this game survives and finishes fast:.

VM me.. I wont splash I promise!
Old March 28th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Barra
Beginning Trainer

Hmm I see, I understand the awards-situation now. Thanks!
Old March 31st, 2010, 02:13 PM
Frostbite
Ace Trainer

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Frostbite Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Frostbite
Production on the hack has been going very steadily but Beta 2 will be released eventually, don't worry. I've just finished inserting the hero and heroine's sprites into the game.

Spoiler:

Also, since people have been complaining on the difficulty of the 1st Gym, I decided to change Quinn's team around.

click me

Azure Horizons 2014
---
[ Youtube ]

Pokémon: Azure Horizons
Old March 31st, 2010, 03:01 PM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

I like the trainer sprites for Brendan and Celeste! Brendan's reminds me of Red's from HGSS which I like. I also saw the video and I like how Quinn uses three Pokemon now. I'm guessing the 4th gym is at Livy Town the city south of Dordoran City. Has the layout of the Livy Town Gym changed since you uploaded the Livy Gym video on April 12, 2008?
Old April 1st, 2010, 04:11 AM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

I love Celeste's sprite; it looks very professional.
However, Brendan's hair looks a little weird imo. I think the shading on it needs to be adjusted.
Old April 1st, 2010, 08:17 AM
Chimchar 9
inactive ~ depression :/

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chimchar 9
Their very well inserted. Which makes 'em look great! Good luck!
Old April 2nd, 2010, 09:16 PM
JustSnilloc
Theorist Extraordinaire

Is this complete? if not how much does it lack... I'm deffinately not the beta testing kind of person... I like to play the finished product (although I like to see pics and vids of the betas, I don't like playing them)
Old April 4th, 2010, 02:27 AM
Smillin dio+
Beginning Trainer

HELLOS!! i m new to dis pokecommunitiny n im sooo impressed by dis COOL hack! It gt my attention stright away cause d screenshots look interesting n suicune is my fav pokemon!! Anyways d heroine sprite pose look awesome!
Old April 4th, 2010, 05:49 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

I doubt that the Hero's true name is Brendan.
Only Frostbite knows his true name.

I actually don't think the 1st is hard,
because I cheated to get a stronger team.

Last edited by Sarcastic Prince; April 5th, 2010 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Stupid grammar mistakes... GO AND DIEEEEEEEEEEE!!
Old April 4th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
I doubt that the Hero's true name is Brendan.
Only Frostbite know his true name.

I actually don't think the 1st is hard,
because I cheated to get a stronger team.
Clearly from this post you can understand that they are simply referring to the two hero sprites, not the "true name" or whatever words you use when you're high.

Also, um, nothing's hard if you cheat. That's pretty obvious. :<
offtopic: why do you hit enter after every like five words? you're not writing poetry. :/
Old April 5th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Frostbite
Ace Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Frostbite Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Frostbite
Finally did something that's been bugging me for a very long time now, the title screen. It's fully inserted in the game... the "Fire Red" image will be changed in the beta release.

Spoiler:

Azure Horizons 2014
---
[ Youtube ]

Pokémon: Azure Horizons
Old April 5th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post
Finally did something that's been bugging me for a very long time now, the title screen. It's fully inserted in the game... the "Fire Red" image will be changed in the beta release.

Spoiler:
Okay, the titlescreen looks good, especially the Suicune.
Old April 5th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Impressive and professional.
Good job again!
Old April 6th, 2010, 12:42 AM
Smillin dio+
Beginning Trainer

The title screen look great! Keep up the good work!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here