The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 27th, 2010, 03:13 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
The latest beta goes to Scarlet Gym which is the second. It ends when you give the Journal to Leon. Use cut in Scarlet Creek. Go east and Leon will talk to you. Go to the Scarlet Forest and battle a Team Tundra Grunt. When the grunt is gone get the item which should be the Journal, then go to the gatehouse south of the bridge in Scarlet Creek and give Leon the Journal. The next beta will go up to the third gym battle.
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old May 27th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Frostbite
Ace Trainer

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Frostbite Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Frostbite
I took a little break from hacking recently which explains the lack of updates. I've been way too busy with other stuff. I was working on the hack on and off for the past couple of months, but now I'm back to working on it fully again. The hack is not dead, it will be finished in the future.

Anyway here's some stuff to expect in the next beta release.

Spoiler:

Tundra Warehouse interior fully remapped and expanded.

The 4th Gym Leader's Gym.

The 4th Gym Leader herself. The boring layout will be changed, the current tiles are just a placeholder for now.

Hazel Town

Route

Beach Route heading towards Galena City (The City with the 7th Gym).

Inside the Sewage Treatment Plant with Wallace.

Piece of Krystal's dialogue and event (one of the Tundra Admins).

Azure Horizons 2014
---
[ Youtube ]

Pokémon: Azure Horizons
Old May 28th, 2010, 03:13 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\

I'm guessing the 4th is gym is a different type now. Probably Flying typed? I like your mapping skills! I am also guessing Beta 2 was extended to include more.
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old June 2nd, 2010, 06:49 AM
Moonshine
usally at midnight

Glad to hear 'tis not dead, 'tis alive! Nice updates and presentation. Your a great all-around hacker, and your producing what the community wants to see. Good job.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 04:00 PM
stonehearteddd
laces out~

Nature: Bold
Just applied the hack, about to play this, it looks really good! You did an amazing job on this.(:
Old June 3rd, 2010, 07:55 AM
DarkSlayer1331
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DarkSlayer1331 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DarkSlayer1331 Send a message via Yahoo to DarkSlayer1331
This looks really good. As soon as the second beta is completed I will definitely be downloading it.

"People have been talking at me the past few days. Everyone just lining up to tell me how unimportant I am. And I finally figured out why. Power. I have it. They don't. This bothers them." - Buffy

"Passion. It lies in all of us. Sleeping, waiting, and though unwanted, unbidden, it will stir. Open it's jaws, and howl. It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we can live without passion, maybe we'd know some kind of peace. But we would be hollow. Empty rooms, shuttered and dank. Without passion, we'd be truly dead." - Angel
Old June 3rd, 2010, 01:19 PM
SilverCosmos
Ice Queen

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to SilverCosmos Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SilverCosmos Send a message via Yahoo to SilverCosmos
It looks interesting, but I can't get the game to work for me sadly.
Old June 9th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Luumy
Beginning Trainer

I love the latest updates. The mapping is very professional. I'm too jealous. -.-

Very promising. Goodluck.
Old June 9th, 2010, 02:14 PM
ase
learning How to Hack

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to ase
this looks very promising btw how long does the next beta go up to?

follow the link below
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=222928
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

DBZ: Possibly the BEST anime ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature
Old June 10th, 2010, 04:24 AM
Poke_M0
(Hidden)

Nature: Adamant
I wish the beta comes out...

Old June 10th, 2010, 04:29 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\

Be patient, Frostbite is extending the Beta to 4/5 gyms I guess? I will start with Torchic in the next beta as I did with Beta 1, since Blaziken is my favorite Pokemon.
Old June 10th, 2010, 12:38 PM
tehb0ll0x
Wannabe Hacker

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tehb0ll0x
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlazePlatinum View Post
Be patient, Frostbite is extending the Beta to 4/5 gyms I guess? I will start with Torchic in the next beta as I did with Beta 1, since Blaziken is my favorite Pokemon.
I started with Torchic, too! I prefer Treecko, but Blaziken is way cooler than Sceptile.

I had a lot of fun with the beta. It feels very natural without being too same-y and the maps are quite fun to explore. Going up to the fourth gym would be a wise step, I think. Maybe add two gyms per beta? Or a gym and a small side-quest? I suppose the further into the game, the more time one tends to spend grinding or levelling up new team members, so it may be that adding only one gym in a later beta will still provide plenty of game time.

Of course, this is a ways of, but I'm only thinking far ahead because I almost can't wait for the next release! I'm sure it'll be well worth it though. Just a shame it's unsafe to use the same save file with a newly patched ROM. I've grown slightly attached to Long Socks the Sentret and Jet the Pidgeotto... "OTL

...I should really make some friends around here so my signature isn't full of in-jokes nobody on the forum will get.

OH WELL LOL.

Last edited by tehb0ll0x; June 10th, 2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old June 10th, 2010, 01:22 PM
xdevynxisxherex
Devyn Fox

Nature: Timid
Please finish!! I really look forward to playing this!

Old June 13th, 2010, 01:22 PM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\

Let him take his time, Good ROM Hacks take a while and it has been around two years Frostbite worked on the ROM hack. I am not saying he is slow at ROM Hacking, I am saying yet again hard work.
Old June 20th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Frostbite
Ace Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Frostbite Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Frostbite
Beta 2 is well on its way. I won't be giving any release dates, however.

Here's a screen of a new Gym Leader. The bad news is that she'll be replacing Katie, the Electric type Gym Leader. The reason behind this is that I believe the use of Electric type being the 3rd Gym has been overdone (kanto, hoenn, rijon, etc...) but regardless here is the new Gym Leader of Dordoran City.

Spoiler:

Azure Horizons 2014
---
[ Youtube ]

Last edited by Frostbite; June 20th, 2010 at 10:15 AM.
Old June 20th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post

Here's a screen of a new Gym Leader. The bad news is that she'll be replacing Katie, the Electric type Gym Leader. The reason behind this is that I believe the use of Electric type being the 3rd Gym has been overused (kanto, hoenn, rijon, etc...) but regardless here is the new Gym Leader of Dordoran City.

Spoiler:
Veronica's sprite looks really nice. Her colours look really good together, and I like how you did her hair. However, her legs look a little weird to me; they look a little too jagged.
Old June 20th, 2010, 10:33 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\

I'm guessing the new 3rd Gym Leader uses Ghost or Dark Pokemon. Does this mean Dordoran City has changed? I think the buildings might change color and other things. I like it when ROM Hackers don't tell release dates because a lot of people would bother the creator of the ROM Hack and that would push the release further.
Old June 21st, 2010, 06:20 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarcastic Prince
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post

Spoiler:
That's good. Take your time.
By the way, the new Gym Leader, Veronica is well sprited.

Good luck.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:09 AM
personz5

were does this beta end at does it end wen u find the dudes journal and wen u give it 2 him

Old July 3rd, 2010, 02:21 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\

After you have beaten Jay, use Cut on the tree by the bridge at Scarlet Creek, then Leon will talk to you saying he lost his Journal in Scarlet Forest. He will then go to the gatehouse. Go to the forest and use Cut, find where you see a Grunt and an item in front of him. Battle his Level 20 Poochyena and he will leave. The item you pick up should be the Journal. Go back to the gatehouse south of the bridge and trainers in Scarlet Creek. Give Leon the Journal and you get Silverpowder from him, and then he leaves. That is where Beta 1 ends.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 03:14 AM
Arolu
Time to cut some slack...

Nice looking hack. The name for it is very nice, too.
It's nice to see a snowy part of the region within a third-generation Pokemon hack. Anyway, keep up with the good work!
Old July 3rd, 2010, 04:51 AM
bobman1234
Honorary hobo caterpie

Location: Um...Um..Um...Let me think about this one. Dang, I forgot!
Nature: Bold
Nice hack, but how come your thread isn't sticky anymore?
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...=85340&page=75 Pokemon Prism
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=129579 Pokemon Rijon Advntures
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature
Old July 6th, 2010, 07:55 PM
sir.euge
Bunchies Back!

Send a message via Yahoo to sir.euge
i beat the first gym and i dont know where to go plz help
Old July 6th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Shiny Quagsire
どないやねん, ヤドン

Nature: Jolly
Darn, my professor's name is professor alder.
Oh well, I'll just keep it anyways. :\

Old July 7th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Frostbite
Ace Trainer

Dordoran City is now renamed Amethyst City and also now sports a new look.

Spoiler:

Also, new text box since I was getting sick of the old one.

Spoiler:

Azure Horizons 2014
---
[ Youtube ]

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here