The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 7th, 2010, 11:00 AM
DuoRyan
Hack'in as usual, it seem.

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post
Dordoran City is now renamed Amethyst City and also now sports a new look.

Spoiler:

Also, new text box since I was getting sick of the old one.

Spoiler:
Oh My!
amethyst city look so awesome and love the new textbox
wow I sure can't wait for beta 2.
Old July 7th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
All 3 screens look nice.
I like the purple theme of Amethyst City and I want to play it in beta 2 very soon.
Good luck with beta 2! (who will release his hack's beta 2 sooner: you or me? )
Old July 7th, 2010, 04:01 PM
sir.euge
Bunchies Back!

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Yahoo to sir.euge
cant wait to get my r4 just so that I can play this again but on a ds. this is so NINTENDO style and thats why i like it.
Old July 8th, 2010, 03:39 PM
gamefreak6597
Beginning Trainer

looks cool keep going! mabye a chang in tileset would look nice
\
Old July 8th, 2010, 05:16 PM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Changing the tileset won't effect anything. It will just be the same game. Remember, don't judge a book by a cover. I saw on the Town Map of Zephyr, when playing the game there is a Dordoran Road below Scarlet Creek. Was it changed to Amethyst Road?
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old July 9th, 2010, 07:13 AM
Chimchar 9
inactive ~ depression :/

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chimchar 9
Them three screens look nice. I really like the text box design.
Old July 9th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Frostbite
Ace Trainer

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Frostbite Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Frostbite
A little update for those who were complaining about backtracking from Gordian Town and Azure City so much.

Spoiler:

A shortcut now opens up right after you talk to Quinn at Azure City's museum.

Azure Horizons 2014
---
[ Youtube ]

Pokémon: Azure Horizons
Old July 9th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Oooh, sounds interesting.
How does the shortcut work?
Old July 9th, 2010, 05:01 PM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

Hooray, we couldn't get Repel until you beat Quinn. I like the idea since we don't have to backtrack. Do the Hiker and his Machop go away after you talk to them? I saw in the 3rd rival battle video when there was an electric gym, and I saw what looked like the roof of a department store in a corner. Is there a department store in Amethyst City?
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old July 9th, 2010, 08:45 PM
PKFL_531
What do you expect?

Nature: Timid
Cool! I really hated going back and forth, and that shortcut seems like a great idea! :D
Old July 9th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Faline
Trainer

I absolutely love the updates especially the new tiles in Dordoran City, I mean Amethyst. ^^
Old July 16th, 2010, 03:51 PM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

In two days or otherwise Sunday in will be a year since Azure Horizons Beta 1 was released. I like it since Frostbite is taking his time. He made it so that the rival and Team Tundra, the evil team, use different themes. I'm guessing Team Tundra's boss, and the Elite Four use different themes too? I like Hoenn music mixed with Ruby,Sapphire,Emerald, Fire Red, and Leaf Green tiles, and the addition of hearing Route 110's theme early. in Emerald Strait where the Underground Path is. I can see why it won Hack of the year!
Old July 17th, 2010, 08:47 PM
SWATerson
Beginning Trainer

The update is so long eh? Fans grew old waiting for it to come out.
Old July 18th, 2010, 03:13 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

Wow, it's been a year since Azure Horizons Beta 1 was released. Now we wait patiently for Beta 2, with a lot of new things such as the 3rd gym, battling a Team Tundra Admin, going to Team Tundra's Warehouse, probably go to the 4th gym, visit more of Zephyr, etc. So let's uh,,, celebrate with ice cream and popsicles? Anyways, thank you Frostbite for making a great ROM Hack. This is my favorite ROM Hack, which is something you probably know already.
Old July 18th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
I just played AzureHorizons all the way through a few days ago on my DS, and I thought it was awesome. I liked how the author actually bothered to insert new music, since I'm tired of playing hacks with unchanged FireRed music. R/S/E music ftw! But the updates since the beta was released look even better...

lol at least I didn't have to wait a year like all you guys, since I just tried this hack.

EDIT: Also, a suggestion: When you meet the first Gym Leader in the museum, I had no idea what to do next. Perhaps something better to imply that I'm supposed to go back to the town before the cave?

The Chaos Emerald ROM Base (it's gonna take awhile)

DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource NOW COMPLETED
Custom Sugimori-style Pokémon Sprite Resource IN PROGRESS

Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete

Last edited by Chaos Rush; July 18th, 2010 at 09:21 PM.
Old July 18th, 2010, 05:01 PM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

Rijon Adventures also has RSE music, in fact the Battle Frontier's theme plays in the route south of the town with the first gym. When I learn music hacking, I will also have RSE music in a Fire Red hack. Still this hack is amazing. Torchic was my first Pokemon when I first played Pokemon. I like how you can start with Hoenn Pokemon too and I just mentioned the reason why. I like how the evil team,Team Tundra, is based on Ice types with the addition of other Pokemon such as Poochyena, Zubat, and Hotthoot.
Old July 20th, 2010, 07:53 PM
MiniM00se
Toad in a stroller

I like the screenshots!

But, if I may ask, why would you decapitalize things?

Old July 21st, 2010, 09:27 AM
Frostbite
Ace Trainer

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Frostbite Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Frostbite
Update: Just finished scripting all of the events in Amethyst City and the sewer events with Team Tundra. All that's left is mapping and a tiny bit of scripting leading up to the 4th Gym and Beta 2 will be released.

Here's a screenshot of Amethyst's Gym. I'm very happy on how the layout came to turn out.

Spoiler:

Azure Horizons 2014
---
[ Youtube ]

Pokémon: Azure Horizons
Old July 21st, 2010, 09:34 AM
DuoRyan

Quote:
Update: Just finished scripting all of the events in Amethyst City and the sewer events with Team Tundra. All that's left is mapping and a tiny bit of scripting leading up to the 4th Gym and Beta 2 will be released.

Here's a screenshot of Amethyst's Gym. I'm very happy on how the layout came to turn out.

Spoiler:
Are you kidding me they so Sexy ,my mouth drop to the center of the earth. Nice tile frostbite love how it look. I bet you it a poisen type gym?
Well good luck and can wait for beta 2.
Old July 21st, 2010, 10:05 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

I'm guessing a Ghost type gym. The walls with curtains remind me of the Battle Pike from Pokemon Emerald. All that's left is to map and script events up to the fourth gym? Interesting and I'm guessing Hazel Town is where the fourth gym is and the Gym Leader there probably uses Flying types. By the way I think the gym uses ghost types because you can see gray statues with what looks like scythes.

Last edited by SonicBlazePlatinum; July 21st, 2010 at 01:22 PM.
Old July 21st, 2010, 10:12 AM
DuoRyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlazePlatinum View Post
I'm guessing Ghost or Poison type. The walls with curtains remind me of the Battle Pike from Pokemon Emerald.
Cuz it is. I mean he like hoenn so it make sense to used tile from emerald
Old July 21st, 2010, 10:58 AM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Quote:

Spoiler:
That. Looks. Sexy.

Wow, this is awesome, I'm glad I just discovered this hack, because I didn't have to wait a year for Beta 2, unlike all of you XDDDDDD!!!!!

The Chaos Emerald ROM Base (it's gonna take awhile)

DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource NOW COMPLETED
Custom Sugimori-style Pokémon Sprite Resource IN PROGRESS

Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old July 21st, 2010, 11:00 AM
dragoniteuser
The dragon master

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRyan View Post
Cuz it is. I mean he like hoenn so it make sense to used tile from emerald
I doubt those are emerald tiles... they are simpler if I recall correctly.

P.S. Dude, work on your grammar!

Lance
the Dragon master

-Gifted with powers of the Viridian forest
-Telepathically communicates with Pokémon
-Heals their wounds
-Controls Dragon Pokémon
Old July 22nd, 2010, 09:25 PM
MiniM00se
Toad in a stroller

I downloaded it, and it's pretty good so far!

Although, I think I found a minor tile error in the Emerald Straight: (It's probably not an error, and I look really dumb right now. Or it's already been pointed out. Just because of my luck.)

There's the same thing on the opposite side of the shore, but I don't wanna take a screenshot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniM00se View Post
I like the screenshots!

But, if I may ask, why would you decapitalize things?
What about my question? D:

EDIT: Nevermind about the question. I understand now that you change TREECKO to Treecko and stuff. (I thought you changed TREECKO to treecko lol)

Last edited by MiniM00se; July 23rd, 2010 at 12:02 PM.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 04:21 PM
sir.euge
Bunchies Back!

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Yahoo to sir.euge
im lost. does the beta end after you return the journal? cuz i cant go throught the gatehouse. answer plz

Sponsored Links

Advertise here