The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 20th, 2010, 06:52 AM
Frostbite
Ace Trainer

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Frostbite Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Frostbite

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
Will we be able to use our old save files, or do you recommend starting a new one? After all, who knows what you could have done in a year...
For the Beta 2 release, you will definitely need to start an entirely new save file. If you start off from the old one, the events will all be messed up particularly due to the fact that I added a few new events at the beginning of the game and some flags and setvars were changed around.

Azure Horizons 2014
---
[ Youtube ]

Pokémon: Azure Horizons
Old August 22nd, 2010, 03:08 AM
Benio

Where is the end of beta 1.2? I won second badge, and i gave notice book to this guy. This is the end?
Old August 22nd, 2010, 08:40 PM
Frostbite
Ace Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Frostbite Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Frostbite
After a LONG wait, Beta 2 is now released. What you thought was good, just got a whole lot better. Download is on the front page, read the release notes and the readme inside the download file accordingly. Enjoy people!

Azure Horizons 2014
---
[ Youtube ]

Old August 23rd, 2010, 12:59 AM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

I just started playing the beta and I'm sure I'll thoroughly enjoy it ;). I'll put a little list of any irregularities that I find and edit the list throughout my play through.
  • You can still walk through the ledge (that's closest to the end of the route and allows you to skip the last grass patch) on its left most tile on the first route.

paired with christos
Old August 23rd, 2010, 02:06 AM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Yes! It's finally released! :D

I suck though. I'm still at Morphic Tunnel. xD
Anyway, I was playing the beta and found a Shiny Whismur! :D
Spoiler:

Last edited by Superjub; August 23rd, 2010 at 02:23 AM.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 02:22 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
In Route 807 when you see a Team Tundra Grunt blocking the gatehouse, when you get close to him, he''ll have an exclamation and then the screen turns red. Also Bug Maniac Brett has a Gyarados.
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old August 23rd, 2010, 02:47 AM
dragoniteuser
The dragon master

Nature: Jolly
Oh God! Don't know how to put it, but I expected a lot more than this! This hack should have been thoroughly tested before publishing it!
It needs a Beta fix as soon as possible!
Don't know who's your mapper (too lazy to check on the first post) but he, or she has some issues regarding movement permissions! I can't even remember how many plants and fences you can walk through!

Lance
the Dragon master

-Gifted with powers of the Viridian forest
-Telepathically communicates with Pokémon
-Heals their wounds
-Controls Dragon Pokémon
Old August 23rd, 2010, 03:00 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight

This happened.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 06:35 AM
Frostbite
Ace Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoniteuser View Post
Oh God! Don't know how to put it, but I expected a lot more than this! This hack should have been thoroughly tested before publishing it!
It was.

Quote:
Don't know who's your mapper (too lazy to check on the first post) but he, or she has some issues regarding movement permissions! I can't even remember how many plants and fences you can walk through!
I'm the mapper.

None of this happened in the Beta testing. It seems like this is bad creation of the patch on my part. I've reuploaded a fresh patch with some changes, hopefully it won't be as glitchy. Also, I have to stress that all of you please make sure your patching the game onto a 1635 - Pokémon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) ROM.

Azure Horizons 2014
---
[ Youtube ]

Last edited by Frostbite; August 23rd, 2010 at 08:45 AM.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 11:00 AM
EBAiscool
Beginning Trainer

Alright, i started playing this game, and it's looking great. The graphics are nice, mapping is brilliant.
Anyways, i found a little tile error here:

I hope you see what I mean.

Old August 23rd, 2010, 12:04 PM
Benio

Team Tundra member in this electric gate (after amethyst city) have weezing lvl 49 ;/ I cant beat him ;/ Others members of team tundra have 15-20 lvls at this stage of game.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 05:09 PM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

I finished playing Beta 2 of Azure Horizons. I found only one glitch, it is the same one TropicalSunlight posted in the picture. But if you go one tile down the Team Tundra Grunt will have an exclamation like he wants to battle you then he goes on with the infinite glitch text. Also a Sailor in Azure City claims that there's a gym there, when he's talking about Azure City's attractions, probably because the first gym was gonna be there right? The glitch with the Team Tundra Grunt using a level 49 Weezing didn't happen though.

Anyways that is all I have to say, the beta was exiting to play, I can't wait to explore more of Zephyr. If anyone has any questions about Beta 2 you can ask me.
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old August 24th, 2010, 12:25 PM
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
The closest Fire Red rom I could find is the 1636 U Squirrels rom. Is this suitable enough? (I am so hooked on this hack).
Old August 25th, 2010, 05:06 AM
dragoniteuser
The dragon master

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benio View Post
Team Tundra member in this electric gate (after amethyst city) have weezing lvl 49 ;/ I cant beat him ;/ Others members of team tundra have 15-20 lvls at this stage of game.
Yep. this happened to me aswell, but I managed to beat it with my lvl. 20 Aron!!!

Lance
the Dragon master

-Gifted with powers of the Viridian forest
-Telepathically communicates with Pokémon
-Heals their wounds
-Controls Dragon Pokémon
Old August 26th, 2010, 06:28 AM
monkey316
Beginning Trainer

I had a lot of fun with this hack, I just defeated the flying gym is this the last gym I can do in this beta?
Old August 26th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Lodestar
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Careful
I just downloaded Beta 2 and it's great! I love the mix of FR/LG and R/S/E tiles and the occasional R/S/E music is a nice touch. Keep up the great work Frostbite!
Old August 26th, 2010, 04:37 PM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
I'll definitly be playing Beta 2 when I get the chance. I very much like the look of... Well, everything about this hack. The story is appealing, the graphics... Well, while they're primarily default graphics, you've utilised them nicely, along with the various Emerald graphics here and there. Very good work, it's deserving of its prefix

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old August 28th, 2010, 03:12 AM
Shuckle>You
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post
After a LONG wait, Beta 2 is now released. What you thought was good, just got a whole lot better. Download is on the front page, read the release notes and the readme inside the download file accordingly. Enjoy people!
I've noticed one tiny thing. In Amethyst City, when the Blackout has wiped out all electricity, there is a water fountain in the South of the city, that is still spraying water, even though surely it would need electricity to do that.

Not exactly a fatal error, but it would be cool if there was no water in it, and you went upto it and it would say that it doesn't seem to work.

Quote:
Yep. this happened to me aswell, but I managed to beat it with my lvl. 20 Aron!!!
Awesome I managed to take it down to red HP with a level 21 Marshtomp's Bide, then finished it off with a few Wing Attacks from a level 23 Swellow. Fun battle :D

Badges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Elite Four: Incomplete
Region: Hoenn
Other Challenges in Progress: Sinnoh - Bug
Johto - Ground
Next Challenge: Hoenn - Poison
Complete Challenges: None
Planned Challenges:
Kanto - Rock
Johto - Water
Isshu - Flying

Last edited by Shuckle>You; August 28th, 2010 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 28th, 2010, 06:35 AM
Red's Charizard

4 things:

- it is the best hack i've never seen and played since rijon adventure :D

- in the "power plant" there is a grunt whit a weezing at level 49 o.O (is it an error or do you want so?)

- in the hazel town's flying gym there is a trainer with an ivisaur xD

- where is the girl who played hiding?

I SUPPORT AETHESTODE (and his awesomes Hacks).
You can see his awesomes hacks on another site.

Other Hacks I support:
Pokemon Glazed!
Pokemon Victory Fire
Pokemon Resolute
Pokemon Mega Power
Pokemon Light Platinum
Pokemon Flora Sky
Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Pokemon Garnet
Pokemon Eruption

Other RPMP games I support:
Pokemon Garnet Version
Pokemon Blue Chrome
Old August 28th, 2010, 04:17 PM
pieguy259
Beginning Trainer

This one time, a smashable rock near the Tundra warehouse vanished and I was able to get up into an unfinished area where you'd put a whole bunch of trainers. I actually fought one of them. No idea how it happened.
Old August 29th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Divider
Grand Master Johto Champion

Nature: Calm
Bugs:

Ace Trainer Carter has a lavitar that only knows struggle at lvl 20.

The weezing that is lvl 49. But personally I like it. It was a challenge and worth the exp.

The bug trainer at the begining has a garados, with no electric pokemon availible it makes the battle a challenge.

In the forest there are glitched water textures.
Old August 29th, 2010, 08:52 PM
zapdosa
GG

I'm playing the game and I think I'm almost about halfway through and by far it's been great. If there were some 4th gen pokemon, it would be awesome.
Old August 30th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Noticed a few bugs here and there (will post when I've finished the beta), but overall it's been a nice play so far. Some things could've been made a bit more obvious (like having to check the school after beating Quinn), but nothing serious. Jay was a real ass to beat.

Anyway, really well done on this Frostbite. I can see why it won HOTY. <:

Last edited by Spherical Ice; August 30th, 2010 at 12:07 PM.
Old August 31st, 2010, 03:15 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

If you have glitches like Team Tundra with Weezing or a Bug Maniac with Gyarados then you're probably using the wrong Fire Red ROM. You should use the 1638 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) ROM. Use Google to find it, as it is a friend of Koolboyman.
Old August 31st, 2010, 03:41 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlazePlatinum View Post
If you have glitches like Team Tundra with Weezing or a Bug Maniac with Gyarados then you're probably using the wrong Fire Red ROM. You should use the 1638 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) ROM. Use Google to find it, as it is a friend of Koolboyman.
Um, when did I mention those bugs? :/ I'm not stupid you know (oh, and, it's 1635 you need, not 1638, so, yeah).

Anyway, here are some mistakes I found:

(probably should've used could'nt have, or could'nt've (looks messy, hence suggesting the first).)
(I'm standing on a rock)

Sponsored Links

Advertise here