Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Reload this Page FireRed hack: Pokemon Adventure - Blue Chapter [Aethestode]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Old September 10th, 2014 (06:04 AM). Edited September 11th, 2014 by Aethestode.
Hacker

Nature: Serious

Hack Name: Pokemon Adventure - Blue Chapter
Hack of:
Pokemon FireRed US Version 1.0 Rom
Language:
English

This game is based on the Pokemon Adventure Manga. The game follows the manga closely with nearly all the events inside. However, some events were changed to make it longer. The fact that the game follows the manga closely, you don't get to chose your own starter Pokemon. However, you'll be able to get them all later in the game. Despite the game following the Manga's storyline, some events were changed or alter to make it longer. Blue Chapter is part of the Pokemon Adventure series I am making.

After years of training, Blue return from the Johto Region back to Pallet to follow his grandpa's footsteps of being the champion of Kanto. At the same time, a boy from Pallet Town is also chasing that exact same dream. Quickly becoming rivals, Blue find himself competing against his rivals but he needs to put those aside when Team Rocket reveal their sinister plans that hurts those he cared about.

• Story follows the Manga exactly with few extra events.
  • Only boy is playable.
  • Not all Pokemon are catch-able eventually.
  • Scyther is the starter Pokemon (Base stats increased)
  • Blue and Green makes more appearance.
  • New tiles, maps, textures, items, trainer class and pokemon sprites.
  • Game would have OPTIONAL events that would change the storyline.
  • The main character speaks in color text.
  • No HM FLY yet.
  • Several reference to the anime.
  • Some trainers have special Pokemon.
  • 3 new Pokemon types: Fairy, Shadow and Glitch.
  • Optional events that would affect the game's outcome.
  • Day and night system.
  • Able to travel to the Decolore Archipelago.
  • Gen VI attacks and abilities are in the game.
  • New map design
  • Mega Evolutions (Charizard, Scizor, Butterfree, Rapidash, Porygon)

The hack follows the story of the manga (extended a little). Most of the story elements are canon to the manga storyline. The storyline implemented so far are categorized in "chapters" format. Those are:
Spoiler:

• Prologue
  • Brutal Training Chapter
  • Overcoming Chapter
  • Phantom Pokemon Chapter

The Decolore Archipelago saga focuses on Blue, Red, Green, Yellow, Bill and Daisy's adventure at the Decolore islands. What started out as an amusing park for fossil pokemon soon turn havoc when Team Genez is doing more than just reviving fossil Pokemon.
Spoiler:

• None as of yet.

These are some bonus chapters that doesn't exist in the manga but serve as a side story for the players. Most of the bonus chapters offer prizes for the player. Some offer merely an Easter egg or give character development for some minor characters.
Spoiler:

• Lost and Found Chapter
  • Herp Derp Plot Chapter
  • Sweet Dreams Chapter (Planning)
  • Grampa Canyon Chapter (Planning)
  • Sky Flower Chapter (Planning)
  • Decolore Triangle Chapter (Planning)
  • Orphan Chapter (Planning)
  • Toxic Waste Chapter (Planning)
  • Wicked Man Chapter (Planning)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
None yet

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Green - Fixed currently or for next beta

Orange - Non-fatal Glitch
Red - Fatal Glitches

Q: Help! How do you patch the game?

A: You'll need Lunar IPS, the beta patch (later version) and a clean Pokemon FireRed 1.0 Rom. You'll need to patch onto a clean rom.

Q: The file I've downloaded doesn't work! You suck!
A: Did you patch onto a clean FireRed 1.0 rom?

QL How to set Day and Night system on?
A:
Set RTC on.

Q: I can't save!
A: Set your save setting as 128.

Q: When you release a new patch, can I simply resume from my previous savefile?
A: Yes! Only if you were playing a recent beta file.

Q: Why don't I get the Thunder, Earth and Poison Badge?
A: Red only got those badges much much later. Red never gotten the Earth Badge in the manga.

Beta 1.1
This is Beta 1.1 of Pokemon Adventure Blue Chapter (part of my Pokemon Adventure series hack). Patch onto a CLEAN FIRERED 1.0 rom.
Pokemon Adventure Blue Chapter Beta 1.1
Pokemon Location

Show your support for the hacks with these banners.

Hello, my friend created a Youtube Channel that features Pokemon gameplay/strategy and some Lol stuff. It will mean a lot to him and me if you guys can like and subscribe to his channel. Thank you. Here's a link to his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekp-oEFcKU0&list=UUppO2JvMl3_3Ihr1Z_YwMig
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCppO2JvMl3_3Ihr1Z_YwMig
Old September 10th, 2014 (08:48 AM).
Kik: spazzyda59

Nature: Lonely
Omg yay! Beta 1 :D I'm gonna try this out right now!
Old September 10th, 2014 (08:53 AM).
Pokemon Rocket Strike creator

Nature: Brave
The champ hack is finally here! And it's about Blue!!!

Check out my hack "Pokemon Rocket Strike" http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319844
How to patch a rom:
1.Download the patch. If it is in a .zip file then use a free tool named WinRar to unzip the file.
2.Use Google to find the rom you need.
3.PATCH THAT THING AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!
Old September 10th, 2014 (09:01 AM).

i love all of your hacks but please can you just focus on one of them and just finish it as soon as possible cuz i wanna play them so bad
Old September 10th, 2014 (10:11 AM).
pokemon revenge developer

Thabks for beta 1 of blue. Looks great. Love the story line and love the text box colors

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Old September 10th, 2014 (10:39 AM).

The scripting in this game is so solid, looking forward to recording this tonight

trade shop: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8551343
Old September 10th, 2014 (11:37 AM).

how long lasts this first beta?
just the first event, i mean once you have that Mew event with Red it's over...

ps. when u try to heal and start talking to the nurse the game goes black.. :/
Old September 10th, 2014 (12:10 PM).

Nature: Brave
Some of the warps in Pallet Town are wrong but other than that great game
Old September 10th, 2014 (09:03 PM). Edited September 12th, 2014 by Percy.
Sceptile ftw

Nature: Gentle
Yes! A release! Hahaha, wish I can beta test.....

EDIT: Why did the screen go black when I talked to Nurse Joy, when I'm present Blue?

EDIT2:
Spoiler:
[URL="[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMjxZ9vM4gQ&feature=youtu.be"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMjxZ9vM4gQ&feature=youtu.be"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMjxZ9vM4gQ&feature=youtu.be
Credit

Pair

Old September 10th, 2014 (09:13 PM).

Cant wait to get this started!!

– Spike Spiegel

Old September 11th, 2014 (05:22 AM).
So lazy that i can't even ride my skateboard properly...

Location: Well somewhere in Great Canyon, Hill of Ancients...
Nature: Relaxed
Finally! I was waitng for this hack to be here long time ago.
Old September 11th, 2014 (08:21 AM).
Hacker

Uploaded Pokemon Adventure Blue Chapter Beta 1.1
The beta fixes most of the glitches people have encountered so far.
It also ends at Viridian City.
Hello, my friend created a Youtube Channel that features Pokemon gameplay/strategy and some Lol stuff. It will mean a lot to him and me if you guys can like and subscribe to his channel. Thank you. Here's a link to his channel.

Old September 11th, 2014 (09:30 AM). Edited September 11th, 2014 by Mana.
Kariyai.
CS

Gonna spoiler this so as not to ruin it for anyone! Hope the feedback helps:
Spoiler:

Graphics:

Lets kick off with the graphics. Your titlepage is fab actually, looks really good, but this textbox is so so soooo grating. It makes the different text colours very unclear and look weird. I know ~colours~ is your thing for customisation between the hacks - but perhaps it could be the colour of the text-box outline or a highlight that varies. Would be easier on the eyes.

Events:

Moving on to your scripting/events. Whilst the basics seem to work, you use warps/movesprites/fadescreens excessively. Sometimes, it happens at the start of a level script which looks especially bad. In the laboratory screen above, it caused a problem as my sprite was moved, but the camera wasn't - leaving it off centre. As far as I remember there wasn't even a need for my sprite to be moved either. Let the player stand where they want .

Speaking of funky warps, just before the Koga scene above the player sprite is visible. Bit sloppy and could use fixing up.

I was really curious with your Lost/Found minichapter. I tried it out, but in the end I felt it was too brief and very lacking in emotion. Like... I found a Pichu and then gave up my search for the girl?? Poor Neighbours. Another bit that could really be extended would be the Cianwood Training - you could physically raise Scyther a level or two (or teach it a new move) and that way it will feel like you've actually progressed - having a quick chat and jumping on the boat back was a bit too brief.

Typos are fairly abundant, especially missing off 'a's and small bits like that. You also have a real tendency to make text like
"So...
Saying something.
MORE..."
Which looks a little weird to me - but your style IS consistent, so it's something I'd get used to in playing.

Leveling/Balance:

There just... isn't any . You're using Legendary and end-game Pokemon (Rhyhorn/Machoke) yet they don't seem to have been altered. Compare that to the lv 1 Caterpies I saw and it's just... confusing, disorganised.

I do like how you've updated Scythers moves - but he's just not meant to be so low leveled. Perhaps make it so Vacuum Wave is learnt at lv 8/9 or something?

Another idea, to debuff Rhyhorn, Mew and Machoke and giving Charmander a chance might be to re-insert them as extra pokemon and alter their stats and the EXP they give.

Quirks etc.:

There's a strong Oak-Centric thing going in Pallet Town - in fact almost everyone there talks about Oak or Ash(???). Whilst Oak was a Champion, I don't remember it defining him much - people mostly refer to him as a knowledgeable old professor, no? I'd love that to be referred to more, it wouldn't really diminish the Blue/Oak rivalry you have going.

NGL I really don't like so many Ash references. If they were singular things, it wouldn't matter so much but it just doesn't make sense to go on and on about him and his Mom in your adventures universe.

Final word:

I actually enjoyed the basics of what you've got, but I'd love it to be a more inviting and fuller story - it feels very rushed. I worry this might be because of your chapters - limiting yourself to short and snappy events rather than giving them depth. Since you're adding your own bits here and there, I'd implore you to fluff up the events a bit more.
art by Churaka
Old September 11th, 2014 (04:54 PM).
Hacker

Quote originally posted by Magic:
Gonna spoiler this so as not to ruin it for anyone! Hope the feedback helps:
Spoiler:

Graphics:

Lets kick off with the graphics. Your titlepage is fab actually, looks really good, but this textbox is so so soooo grating. It makes the different text colours very unclear and look weird. I know ~colours~ is your thing for customisation between the hacks - but perhaps it could be the colour of the text-box outline or a highlight that varies. Would be easier on the eyes.

Events:

Moving on to your scripting/events. Whilst the basics seem to work, you use warps/movesprites/fadescreens excessively. Sometimes, it happens at the start of a level script which looks especially bad. In the laboratory screen above, it caused a problem as my sprite was moved, but the camera wasn't - leaving it off centre. As far as I remember there wasn't even a need for my sprite to be moved either. Let the player stand where they want .

Speaking of funky warps, just before the Koga scene above the player sprite is visible. Bit sloppy and could use fixing up.

I was really curious with your Lost/Found minichapter. I tried it out, but in the end I felt it was too brief and very lacking in emotion. Like... I found a Pichu and then gave up my search for the girl?? Poor Neighbours. Another bit that could really be extended would be the Cianwood Training - you could physically raise Scyther a level or two (or teach it a new move) and that way it will feel like you've actually progressed - having a quick chat and jumping on the boat back was a bit too brief.

Typos are fairly abundant, especially missing off 'a's and small bits like that. You also have a real tendency to make text like
"So...
Saying something.
MORE..."
Which looks a little weird to me - but your style IS consistent, so it's something I'd get used to in playing.

Leveling/Balance:

There just... isn't any . You're using Legendary and end-game Pokemon (Rhyhorn/Machoke) yet they don't seem to have been altered. Compare that to the lv 1 Caterpies I saw and it's just... confusing, disorganised.

I do like how you've updated Scythers moves - but he's just not meant to be so low leveled. Perhaps make it so Vacuum Wave is learnt at lv 8/9 or something?

Another idea, to debuff Rhyhorn, Mew and Machoke and giving Charmander a chance might be to re-insert them as extra pokemon and alter their stats and the EXP they give.

Quirks etc.:

There's a strong Oak-Centric thing going in Pallet Town - in fact almost everyone there talks about Oak or Ash(???). Whilst Oak was a Champion, I don't remember it defining him much - people mostly refer to him as a knowledgeable old professor, no? I'd love that to be referred to more, it wouldn't really diminish the Blue/Oak rivalry you have going.

NGL I really don't like so many Ash references. If they were singular things, it wouldn't matter so much but it just doesn't make sense to go on and on about him and his Mom in your adventures universe.

Final word:

I actually enjoyed the basics of what you've got, but I'd love it to be a more inviting and fuller story - it feels very rushed. I worry this might be because of your chapters - limiting yourself to short and snappy events rather than giving them depth. Since you're adding your own bits here and there, I'd implore you to fluff up the events a bit more.
Sure, I'll go look into it.

Old September 23rd, 2014 (03:05 PM).

How do you get this on GBA4iOS?
Old September 24th, 2014 (03:41 AM).
California Dreamin'
Platinum Tier

Looking great! Definitely going to try this one out.
Old September 24th, 2014 (09:07 AM).
Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by Pluslex:
How do you get this on GBA4iOS?
Dude, try my Patching Tutorial - http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=utcaqkZL theres a Section for iOS
Pokemon - Dark Rising Series - DarkRisingGirl
Pokemon - Glazed - redriders180
Pokemon - Normal Version - FrozenInfernoZX
Pokémon - Mirage Of Tales: A New Age Dawns - Avaramoon
Pokemon - Z Version - Rezordaxx
Pokemon - The Leola Project - Winter Wonderland
Pokemon - Platinum Red - gogojjtech
Pokemon - Hero's Path (Remake) - Veng3anc3
Pokemon - Daydream White Version - SK3
Pokemon - Black 'n White (Demake) - ~G0LD!
And Many More
Old October 7th, 2014 (03:20 AM). Edited October 13th, 2014 by Christos.

Hi, i'm not very familiar with emulators.
Which one I have to download to play this Game ?

I addition I really don't know how to patch a fire red rom (and don't have one), can some can help me with all that ?

Cause I'm very interested to play this game !

Finaly found by myself.

But I think a Major thing that you have to edit, is the sprite of Blue instead of Red sprite (When the game start, on the playercard status and the backsprite when a fight start).

Cause it really break the "immersion", and I think It's a thing that when it's done, you don't have to edit again, and I think it's not really a hard task, no ?
Old October 12th, 2014 (06:01 AM). Edited October 12th, 2014 by schweinspiergen.

Hey Aethestode
I'm gonna start playing this one now
Just a little question, out of curiosity: which Mega Charizard are you going to put here? X or Y?

PS: Finished it. No glitch so far

Old October 12th, 2014 (06:05 PM).

very cool, those red and blue aventures
Old November 19th, 2014 (06:17 PM).
Divine

Nature: Modest
Cant wait to see updates for this
Old November 20th, 2014 (08:48 AM).

Wow It seem that you really like hacking to make 3 hacks at once
I like the idea that all the protagonist have his own games
This screens are good but I recomend to make the Blue hair more brown than yellow
Good luck!
Old November 25th, 2014 (03:59 AM).

Nature: Hasty
The game is great.. I hope it would be as good as Red's Chapter
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Old November 25th, 2014 (09:26 AM).

Patched it to clean ROM but when I try to play it after I put my name down and rivels it goes to black
Old January 13th, 2015 (08:24 AM).
Put On The Red Light!
Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
Oh my gosh! This is awesome! I wasn't sure if you were going to make the other stories to the manga after red adventures, obviously I was wrong :D playing this right now
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links