The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 25th, 2010 (02:11 PM).
diegoisawesome
Please understand
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothX View Post
Three cheers for generic splice names! xD
This looks like an awesome game. While I, too, disagree with the name 'Mikachu', I can't think of anything better, either. Knowing that Beta 3 won't play from the same file as Beta 2 is actually kind of a relief.... It means one less of the 15 or so hacks I have to try to finish without losing track of my progress, the story, which Pokémon are in my party in which game, etc. etc. etc. xD
By the way, if you want some help with sprites, PM me. I might be able to find some spare time (although with college being out for a few weeks, I might not have much internet access) to do new overworlds or maybe some fake Pokémon for you.
Cheers!
Hm, I'd like to see what you can do. Maybe you could PM me with some PoW (Proof of Work).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcguinness3 View Post
Hey, i've been testing games, reading and generally just standing by the pokecommunity sidelines for about a year now, maybe more. But heres my first post .

Loved the game, was sad when i got to the end

Only found 2 bugs.
1. Very minor, but the female assistant in the prof.'s lab is missing the "p" from the first line when she says something about the professor.
2. Not sure when this took place, but after reaching the end of the hack (City with the 3rd gym) I went back to the town with the first gym in it and the police dude was gone, he would still do the event to send me back unless you walk directly through him which then i could see the unfinished block

Good luck with you hack! Loving it so far!
Hm, probably has something to do with a mis-set flag. B3 is completely different and will be (I hope) bug-free.
And the text bug? Not a problem, also for the same reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popstar Leafeon View Post
...So you completely changed it since the last time you gave me an update, before you started thinking I was ruinin' your life then? Plot sounds a ton different than before.
Yeah, in fact I started over from the beginning. Completely redone.
And, BTW, I'm willing to make up with you. Can you get an MSN name and tell me it so we can talk about this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer Ryan View Post
I'm still loving the game Diego, one of my favourite hacks on here.
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.T.E.M Shadow View Post
Pokemon Shining Opal is a good quality game and please hurry on Crystal Dust so you can start working on it again.
Pretty generic, but okay, thanks.

My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Old September 30th, 2010 (03:11 PM).
diegoisawesome
Please understand
Community Supporter

Yes, I'm still alive... XD
But, jeez, it's becoming really hard to work on Shining Opal. I have no inspiration for places, no ideas popping into my head every five minutes, nothing. I'm trying, but...

Do people even care about this hack anymore?

My other resources:
My Website
Old September 30th, 2010 (03:25 PM).
Lugiaz Soul
I support Crystal Dust

Nature: Naughty
Iv'e been watching your progress since you have started this game. I can see you are a very talented scripter. People do care about this game but its when the producers don't deliver for a long time, people just start losing interest. I think you need someone on your team who can help you with storyline so that youll have a lot of fun scripting on your hands. I now support this hack! Good luck with the Beta 3.
Old September 30th, 2010 (06:33 PM).
shihan42
Sciduck

Nature: Jolly
I check this thread every day hoping for updates. I definitely support this hack.
Old October 2nd, 2010 (07:53 AM).
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
Yes, I'm still alive... XD
But, jeez, it's becoming really hard to work on Shining Opal. I have no inspiration for places, no ideas popping into my head every five minutes, nothing. I'm trying, but...

Do people even care about this hack anymore?
If you've like you can talk to me about your ideas so far and I can help you come up with something.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old October 8th, 2010 (01:28 PM). Edited October 8th, 2010 by X1C377.
X1C377
is back?

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to X1C377 Send a message via Skype™ to X1C377
If you'd like somebody to check the spelling and grammar of your in-game text for you, I can do that. According to the standardised tests I've taken, my reading and writing has been at a college level since I was about 11 or 12 years old. I'm fifteen now.

You may also feel free to bounce any ideas you may have off of me, and I'd gladly help you dream up some events. I do have an IRC client installed, so if you frequent a server/channel, let me know and I'll drop by every once in a while.

I support this hack.

EDIT: Side note. I'm LOVING the music. (:
Old October 14th, 2010 (04:44 PM).
francisbb
Join the Legacy...

Nature: Modest
Nice Hack the tittle screen looks awsome
Old October 30th, 2010 (03:24 PM).
diegoisawesome
Please understand
Community Supporter

Guess who? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugiaz Soul View Post
Iv'e been watching your progress since you have started this game. I can see you are a very talented scripter. People do care about this game but its when the producers don't deliver for a long time, people just start losing interest. I think you need someone on your team who can help you with storyline so that youll have a lot of fun scripting on your hands. I now support this hack! Good luck with the Beta 3.
Well, the producer is going to start delivering! I have ideas again! :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by shihan42 View Post
I check this thread every day hoping for updates. I definitely support this hack.
Sweet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
If you've like you can talk to me about your ideas so far and I can help you come up with something.
Sure. I'll try to do that every once in a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by X1C377 View Post
If you'd like somebody to check the spelling and grammar of your in-game text for you, I can do that. According to the standardised tests I've taken, my reading and writing has been at a college level since I was about 11 or 12 years old. I'm fifteen now.

You may also feel free to bounce any ideas you may have off of me, and I'd gladly help you dream up some events. I do have an IRC client installed, so if you frequent a server/channel, let me know and I'll drop by every once in a while.

I support this hack.

EDIT: Side note. I'm LOVING the music. (:
You're an awesome beta tester for CrystalDust, and I can't wait for you to have a Shining Opal product for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by francisbb View Post
Nice Hack the tittle screen looks awsome
Generic, but thanks anyways.
Updates - 10/30/2010

It may not be that much, but here's a YouTube video of something I started work on Thursday (wow, I'm getting fast):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLBPEids0TM
Make sure to comment, rate, and subscribe, as well as post here!

My other resources:
My Website
Old November 2nd, 2010 (02:43 PM). Edited November 2nd, 2010 by teejermiester.
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Nature: Rash
I don't mean to criticize, but on the title screen, Mew has large, pointy ears. Now, contrary to common belief, , MEw has ear's like a cat's.

Sorry to dissapoint, but when I first saw your titlescreen, I racked my brain for what was wrong with it, and then found it.

Everything else is looking really good though, keep it up!!

Oh, and sorry for the double post, but I read that you're having troubles with new ideas for places. I'm originally a mapper (not a scripter, even though I can script) and so I can help, if you need it. Just PM me when you need an idea and I'd be glad to give you my thoughts. Or help, ever since I went solo again, I've been looking for easy and fun stuff to do.

----------------------------
Beta 1 Coming Soon! ||||||||||
Old November 2nd, 2010 (03:16 PM).
diegoisawesome
Please understand
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejermiester View Post
I don't mean to criticize, but on the title screen, Mew has large, pointy ears. Now, contrary to common belief, , MEw has ear's like a cat's.

Sorry to dissapoint, but when I first saw your titlescreen, I racked my brain for what was wrong with it, and then found it.

Everything else is looking really good though, keep it up!!

Oh, and sorry for the double post, but I read that you're having troubles with new ideas for places. I'm originally a mapper (not a scripter, even though I can script) and so I can help, if you need it. Just PM me when you need an idea and I'd be glad to give you my thoughts. Or help, ever since I went solo again, I've been looking for easy and fun stuff to do.
Don't worry, I've got inspiration again. :D
Also, the "Mew" on the title screen is actually a Mikachu, a blend between a mew and a Pikachu. If you'd read the features list, you would know

My other resources:
My Website
Old November 3rd, 2010 (02:14 PM).
X1C377
is back?

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to X1C377 Send a message via Skype™ to X1C377
Great video, mate.

Most certainly, beta-testing is pretty fun in itself. :3

I can't wait for you to put forth a finished product either, but I will have to for it to be any good, won't I?
Old November 7th, 2010 (07:11 PM).
PokéFox
Learning Hacker

I'm not sure if the game just works like this, or if it's a flag that didn't set or something, but after I get Mikachu from Prof. Rio and go back to talk to my mother in the game, her text is still the same. "...all boys like battling with pokemon etc etc prof. rio was looking for you etc etc"

I was expecting her to say, "You and your pokemon look tired. You should take a rest." Like all other mothers in the games. Just saying, in case it's something you might've forgotten.
Old November 7th, 2010 (07:29 PM).
diegoisawesome
Please understand
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by X1C377 View Post
Great video, mate.

Most certainly, beta-testing is pretty fun in itself. :3

I can't wait for you to put forth a finished product either, but I will have to for it to be any good, won't I?
Thanks for the compliment.
And yeah, the finished product will take some time.
It would be nice if people would post comments on the video too, though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokéFox View Post
I'm not sure if the game just works like this, or if it's a flag that didn't set or something, but after I get Mikachu from Prof. Rio and go back to talk to my mother in the game, her text is still the same. "...all boys like battling with pokemon etc etc prof. rio was looking for you etc etc"

I was expecting her to say, "You and your pokemon look tired. You should take a rest." Like all other mothers in the games. Just saying, in case it's something you might've forgotten.
Hmm... I haven't played Beta 2 in so long, so I have no idea about this. In any case, the PC heals your Pokémon for you.
Also, minor update: you can no longer deposit Mikachu into the PC or release it. :3
Except for one glitch with it, which I'm still trying to sort out, it works fine.

My other resources:
My Website
Old November 8th, 2010 (10:14 AM). Edited November 8th, 2010 by PokéFox.
PokéFox
Learning Hacker

I'm at the end of Beta 2, and the only problem I've found so far is that Hoppip doesn't evolve. Or at least it won't evolve. I've gotten the evolution screen for it evolving, but it just suddenly stops evolving by itself. It'll begin evolving, then stop give me the messages: "......?"

EDIT: Same with Ledyba.
Old November 8th, 2010 (02:23 PM).
diegoisawesome
Please understand
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokéFox View Post
I'm at the end of Beta 2, and the only problem I've found so far is that Hoppip doesn't evolve. Or at least it won't evolve. I've gotten the evolution screen for it evolving, but it just suddenly stops evolving by itself. It'll begin evolving, then stop give me the messages: "......?"

EDIT: Same with Ledyba.
Well, that's lucky. If it actually evolved, the game would freeze because of another glitch. :/
Don't worry, Beta 3 is on a new game base and everything works as it should.
Also, a note to everyone: Before I release the Beta 2 Redux, how about I release a preview with the same length as Beta 1 (Saren City)? Please vote by posting.

My other resources:
My Website
Old November 8th, 2010 (03:43 PM).
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

I have some constructive criticism for you. I like this hack and I like the idea of a Mew/Pikachu splice but I think you should have a different story about how you obtain it. I find it weird how the professor gives it to you like a normal starter then runs and says he forgot it's a legendary. I don't have any ideas but if it were up to me, I'd go with a scientific experiment kind of story, like how Mewtwo was made. Anyways it's a great hack and I hope it's going well.
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old November 8th, 2010 (03:46 PM).
diegoisawesome
Please understand
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
I have some constructive criticism for you. I like this hack and I like the idea of a Mew/Pikachu splice but I think you should have a different story about how you obtain it. I find it weird how the professor gives it to you like a normal starter then runs and says he forgot it's a legendary. I don't have any ideas but if it were up to me, I'd go with a scientific experiment kind of story, like how Mewtwo was made. Anyways it's a great hack and I hope it's going well.
Funny story about that, actually.
Beta 3 has a completely different backstory and is much better and was actually thought out.
Remember, I was around, say, 11 years old when I released Beta 2.

My other resources:
My Website
Old November 8th, 2010 (03:58 PM).
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Oh good! Can't wait to see it! Wait, beta 2 was released years ago? Weird, it still seems a bit recent.
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old November 8th, 2010 (04:46 PM).
diegoisawesome
Please understand
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
Oh good! Can't wait to see it! Wait, beta 2 was released years ago? Weird, it still seems a bit recent.
Actually, it was released a year and 7 months, about. March 15, 2009.
Seems like a long time to me, though.

My other resources:
My Website
Old November 21st, 2010 (03:36 PM).
SilentWing
クロバット

Nature: Quiet
I also vote for a beta 1 redux with the new base. :)

After playing through CrystalDust, I've come to expect quite a bit from ya. No pressure, of course -- just saying, you have some raw talent.

I will always be proud to support zel and Shiny Gold.
Old December 3rd, 2010 (08:58 AM).
Raymond1035
Beginning Trainer

Mewchu? Just a suggestion :D
Old December 3rd, 2010 (05:01 PM).
diegoisawesome
Please understand
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWing View Post
I also vote for a beta 1 redux with the new base.

After playing through CrystalDust, I've come to expect quite a bit from ya. No pressure, of course -- just saying, you have some raw talent.
Well, I've decided that a Beta 1 redux would be pointless, considering I just want to release a Beta 2 redux, and that would only add barely any more gameplay than a Beta 1 redux.
SO I've decided to go the full 9 yards and just release a Beta 2 redux after I've finished Klindor City again. I'm aiming for a hopeful 1-year anniversary release (anniversary of the restart, at least) which is the day before my birthday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond1035 View Post
Mewchu? Just a suggestion :D
Mewchu (as well as Pikamew) have already been taken by other hacks, sorry.

My other resources:
My Website
Old December 7th, 2010 (07:18 PM). Edited December 8th, 2010 by giradialkia.
diegoisawesome
Please understand
Community Supporter

Progress on Shining Opal is continuing as we speak.
Actually, I'm at the second gym and, if progress keeps going at this rate, Beta 3 will (hopefully) be released on or around my birthday.

My other resources:
My Website
Old December 10th, 2010 (03:48 PM).
I-shadez
Beginning Trainer

just reporting a something thats happening in beta 2

i try to use the thunder stone on a pikachu to evolve it, and once it evoles into raichu the game freezes.

just thought i would mention something
Old December 10th, 2010 (03:51 PM).
diegoisawesome
Please understand
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-shadez View Post
just reporting a something thats happening in beta 2

i try to use the thunder stone on a pikachu to evolve it, and once it evoles into raichu the game freezes.

just thought i would mention something
Yes, there is a glitch that prevents the evolution of any Pokémon in Beta 2.
Don't worry, the glitch will not be present in B3 or the Beta 2 redux.

My other resources:
My Website
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links