The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 28th, 2011, 03:41 PM
axelrulezyeah
Spriter

Hey, good to see that the hack is going nicely, and that you're still using some of my sprites( at least one for sure). It would be cool if you had any other things that need to be done, spriting wise that is, so just let me know if you do.
Old May 20th, 2011, 08:35 AM
blase005
PKMN Yellow Lightning Creator

Nature: Quiet
I really like this hack. I recently caught a Nidoran (M) LVL 17 and im gonna evolve it when i finished typing here. The graphics are great, the towns are nice, the wild pokemon you get in the routes... some are nice and some are quite weird (i caught a Pineco without using headbutt on a tree?) but still quite awesome. Im really looking forward to this hack and once i find out the problem with my recorder i will Let's Play it! Keep up the awesome work! Because you ARE awesome Diego!
Old June 2nd, 2011, 05:32 AM
Opalescent
Ninja Mapper

Nature: Quirky
I've been giving this hack a go and I'm really enjoying it. I love the fakemon, so much so that I use them exclusively! The first gym was easy until I reached the gym leader, who was surprisingly strong!

You may want to update the main page, the game looks much better in the version I played!

My one complaint is the poor quality of some of the sprites but thats a tiny quibble. Keep making this, please!

I've been giving this hack a go and I'm really enjoying it. I love the fakemon, so much so that I use them exclusively! The first gym was easy until I reached the gym leader, who was surprisingly strong!

You may want to update the main page, the game looks much better in the version I played!

My one complaint is the poor quality of some of the sprites but thats a tiny quibble. Keep making this, please!

Jonan the level 87 Lucario!

Last edited by Opalescent; June 2nd, 2011 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 12th, 2011, 11:06 AM
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter

Ughh, sorry for the late replies, everyone. Been busy with life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ettadara View Post
I want to play this, but when I try and patch it to the ROM, A.ptch says it's not a valid file. What am I doing wrong?

*EDIT* Scratch that - just tried it on an new ROM, worked.
All right, nice to see you were able to play!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
Just played the new release :D (well not new now it's out for a while)
I enjoyed it. But i preferred the FR/LG tiles to these ones.
Everyone has their own preferences, and yes, the FR/LG tiles are good too. This hack has already gone too far with this tileset, though, so I'm not going to change it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ettadara View Post
Alright - I've got a problem.

So I'm in Vorril Forest, training my team:
-Akakios (Mikachu) lv24
- Icarus (Nidorino) lv21
- Zero (Shiny Marill) lv16
- Novabell (Ledyba) lv20

But, I'm training because I want Nova, my Ledyba, to evolve.
My problem is that Ledyba evolves at level 18. Each time I level Nova up, the animation starts, then stops practically the moment Nova's sprite turns white. The text I get after this is '...?'
I've tryed to evolve him three times (is why he's level 20) and I've received this failed evolution three times - is this due to something you're doing in the coding of the game, or a glitch?

I wanna point out that Icarus (my Nidorino) evolved fine, so if it's a script glitch, it's like to be within Ledyba itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP317 View Post
To me (and I'm no expert) it sounds like a problem caused by not having a National Pokedex, it will cause and poke that isn't in the Fire Red dex to not evolve. But like I said I'm no expert and I haven't started this hack yet, I was just about to hence why I'm checking the thread.
Yeah, it's something I forgot to include... Once I also fix the below error and reupload the new Shining Opal, it should be fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazzler View Post
''Urrrgh. I knew I forgot something.
My trainer/wild Pokémon/stats guy was supposed to fix all of this, but I completely forgot to hand the ROM over to him. I'll give it to him in a bit, and then upload the new version soon. Expect for your complaints to be addressed shortly!''

Well that explains alot haha, well hope he fixes it soon, it was a good game.
Well, turns out that it's summer now, and he decided to be all vague and told me to do it myself... I'll try to get it done sometime before the end of summer, possibly on my trip to PA. (riding alone on an airplane, holy crap!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by axelrulezyeah View Post
Hey, good to see that the hack is going nicely, and that you're still using some of my sprites( at least one for sure). It would be cool if you had any other things that need to be done, spriting wise that is, so just let me know if you do.
I forgot if I asked you for something, but I have a few things in mind for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blase005 View Post
I really like this hack. I recently caught a Nidoran (M) LVL 17 and im gonna evolve it when i finished typing here. The graphics are great, the towns are nice, the wild pokemon you get in the routes... some are nice and some are quite weird (i caught a Pineco without using headbutt on a tree?) but still quite awesome. Im really looking forward to this hack and once i find out the problem with my recorder i will Let's Play it! Keep up the awesome work! Because you ARE awesome Diego!
Thanks for the post. I'm glad you liked it!
Some things are still strange because I'm not putting in as much effort into this hack as I'd like, instead focusing my efforts on CrystalDust. I'll try to fix some things, but I can only fix what you guys tell me about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opalescent View Post
I've been giving this hack a go and I'm really enjoying it. I love the fakemon, so much so that I use them exclusively! The first gym was easy until I reached the gym leader, who was surprisingly strong! Should I raise the levels of the trainers, or lower the levels of the gym leader?

You may want to update the main page, the game looks much better in the version I played! Yeah, it's on my long list of things to do for my website..

My one complaint is the poor quality of some of the sprites but thats a tiny quibble. Keep making this, please! They're still pretty decent compared to when I try spriting... Yech. And don't worry, I will finish this. Someday...
Responses above in bold.

All right, so I have a very important question to ask:
Should Mikachu's name be changed, and if so, to what?
The only reason Mikachu was chosen was because of other hacks having Pikamew and Mewkachu and whatnot, and I wanted to be (somewhat) original... But those hacks are dead now, so I might be willing to change the name if someone can make a good one.

My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Old June 12th, 2011, 09:48 PM
cazzler
Feraligatr FtW!

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cazzler
Mikachu is a good name, I don't think it's necessary to change it tbh.
Old June 18th, 2011, 07:17 PM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
I love the newer story and features! But there are two things I couldn't help but notice:

1: I like how Gary is the professor but professors go by their last name. It should be Prof. Oak, not Prof. Gary. There's nothing wrong with calling him by his first name, Gary, but formally, it should be Prof. Oak.

2: Mikachu's name makes sense, it's a Mew/Pikachu splice. But the name is man-made, so it shouldn't be able to say "Mika" or "Mikachu". Depending on your opinion, it can say "Mew", "Pikachu", both, or Pokemon noises that don't say it's name. Or maybe saying "Mikachu" was part of the splicing, I didn't make the story. I just thought I'd point that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
Should Mikachu's name be changed, and if so, to what?
The only reason Mikachu was chosen was because of other hacks having Pikamew and Mewkachu and whatnot, and I wanted to be (somewhat) original... But those hacks are dead now, so I might be willing to change the name if someone can make a good one.
Good question. I thought Mikachu just sounded too...obvious. Maybe if it's more Mew than Pikachu, it can still be named Mew. A genetically altered Mew still named Mew. Or if it's perfectly equal, it can still be named Mikachu or something of the sort, Or maybe it's creator (I think it was Gary) can give it a completely unrelated name. Hard to choose but I'm used to Mikachu.

Yay my username is accurate now! Also holy crap I just realized Unbeatable was misspelled for the longest time! Fixed. xp

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old June 22nd, 2011, 06:33 AM
WishCookie
ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!

Wait, can you battle the pokemon league in this version?

Diamond: 3782 4821 8857
HeartGold: 3740 9024 2026
Black: 3181 8256 6904
Black 2: 4599 8904 2318

Y: 1993 8202 9620
Old June 27th, 2011, 09:16 PM
DashBlacK
DashBlacK ~ The Last Chader

Nature: Calm
Where does Beta 2 go upto?
Old June 28th, 2011, 04:32 AM
diegoisawesome
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazzler View Post
Mikachu is a good name, I don't think it's necessary to change it tbh.
All right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
I love the newer story and features! But there are two things I couldn't help but notice:

1: I like how Gary is the professor but professors go by their last name. It should be Prof. Oak, not Prof. Gary. There's nothing wrong with calling him by his first name, Gary, but formally, it should be Prof. Oak. Well, I wanted to distinguish Gary from his grandfather, and calling him Prof. Gary Oak every single time was too lengthy..

2: Mikachu's name makes sense, it's a Mew/Pikachu splice. But the name is man-made, so it shouldn't be able to say "Mika" or "Mikachu". Depending on your opinion, it can say "Mew", "Pikachu", both, or Pokemon noises that don't say it's name. Or maybe saying "Mikachu" was part of the splicing, I didn't make the story. I just thought I'd point that out. Well, when the two Pokémon were spliced, EVERYTHING about them was as well.

Good question. I thought Mikachu just sounded too...obvious. Maybe if it's more Mew than Pikachu, it can still be named Mew. A genetically altered Mew still named Mew. Or if it's perfectly equal, it can still be named Mikachu or something of the sort, Or maybe it's creator (I think it was Gary) can give it a completely unrelated name. Hard to choose but I'm used to Mikachu. Well, because of my above comment, Gary decided to name it after what it said.
Responses above in bold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishCookie View Post
Wait, can you battle the pokemon league in this version?
Nope, sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashBlacK View Post
Where does Beta 2 go upto?
The Beta 2 Redux goes up to the third gym.

My other resources:
My Website
Old June 28th, 2011, 09:11 AM
iop50
Beginning Trainer

I can't download it on your website, it just gives me a page full of random letters and symbols.
Old June 28th, 2011, 09:14 AM
diegoisawesome
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iop50 View Post
I can't download it on your website, it just gives me a page full of random letters and symbols.
Right-click on the download link and choose the option that says something like "Save link as" or "Save target as".

My other resources:
My Website
Old June 28th, 2011, 04:05 PM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Instead of calling him Professor Gary Oak, just call him Professor Oak. First, distinguish the fact that he is Gary, not Samuel. You can also refer to him as just Gary, but letting the player know that he is formally Professor Oak. It's the most proper way.

Example:"I'm Professor Oak, but you can call me Gary."

Yay my username is accurate now! Also holy crap I just realized Unbeatable was misspelled for the longest time! Fixed. xp

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old June 29th, 2011, 07:13 AM
diegoisawesome
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
Instead of calling him Professor Gary Oak, just call him Professor Oak. First, distinguish the fact that he is Gary, not Samuel. You can also refer to him as just Gary, but letting the player know that he is formally Professor Oak. It's the most proper way.

Example:"I'm Professor Oak, but you can call me Gary."
That sounds good. Maybe I'll do that!

My other resources:
My Website
Old July 5th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Xehanorth
Twitter Person

Nature: Bold
Nice Retro style man! I love it!
Old August 14th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Dantethesaint7
Blastoise Boys President

Send a message via Skype™ to Dantethesaint7
When i first got that Torchic i was like WTF i thought i got mikachu i could've at least gotten charmander, but then... well i wont say what happen its a spoiler but it happened lol

Pokemon black friend code: 0905 9228 4717
Old August 14th, 2011, 11:35 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Dantethesaint7, please don't post in threads that are older than a month old. Be sure to check the date of the last valid post in a thread- if a month or more has passed, you may not post in it.

diegoisawesome, if you want this reopened should you have an update to post or something, then feel free to contact either myself or colcolstyles.

Closed~

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old October 9th, 2011, 12:35 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
At request of owner, thread is being opened.
~Opened
(awesome, an update! :D)

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old October 9th, 2011, 06:21 AM
diegoisawesome
Community Supporter

Thanks for reopening the thread, gira.
Anyways, the reason for the reopening is because of the levels finally being fixed. Sorry that you had to wait two months for this, but the level guy didn't feel like doing it until now. :/
It's been uploaded again, so download and patch to a new ROM!

My other resources:
My Website
Old October 9th, 2011, 07:58 AM
diegoisawesome
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykray View Post
Are you continuing work on this hack or is this the last update?

Hi diegoisawesome, will there be more updates after this one or was the thread reopened so you could post just one final update?
This won't be the final update, but there won't be any more until I get CrystalDust Beta 2 out to the public.

My other resources:
My Website
Old October 9th, 2011, 08:42 AM
DaleH771
I know who you are.

Mikachu looks awesome!

What other parts of previous gen regions will you be looking into venturing into?
Old October 9th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Bidoof
Doof

i like the PikaMew in the title screen
Old October 18th, 2011, 09:01 AM
kagome912000
Beginning Trainer

This looks great! I really want to play it but when I click on the download link for the Beta, I get all these weird symbols. I'm not really sure how to download it. x.X
Old October 25th, 2011, 06:22 PM
caddo
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Brave
First off, I just wanna say that this game is incredible. Really fantastic work, man. I've really only noticed one main issue: there are two people (one is a chef and one is a regular guy) in the kitchen in Vantrek city who, when spoken to, cause the game to freeze, there are also a few others in that room who do not say anything when spoken to. I can't wait for you to release beta 3.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 10:31 PM
Snivy063
Booted out - don't be like me!

I'd try to play this game this evening, downloading it now. :'D .. Hopefully this is as good as the ones that I had previously played, looking at the screenshots. I'm sure it'll be!
Old April 18th, 2012, 07:19 PM
fittz
Beginning Trainer

great game love the story of it all but i have a problem with the pokegear it doesn't seem to want to respond to me for some reason......... but still love the game and cant wait for next beta
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links