The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 29th, 2013, 12:54 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
In my opinion I would disagree with changing into FireRed style. Why well I am bored with Firered tiles after playing so much hacks.. We want something else from a master like you
Most people like FireRed tiles, that's why it's used in many hacks.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old June 1st, 2013, 07:05 PM
Casavult
Unhatched Egg

I've just seen your CrystalDust hack and now this and I have to say;

Damn, man you have got skills!

Both are looking fantastic and I REALLY cannot wait for them to be completed. Keep up the amazing work and you have my support!
Old June 2nd, 2013, 06:21 AM
edwin1037
Unhatched Egg

This is a great game i cant wait for it to be completed.
Old June 10th, 2013, 09:34 PM
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
In my opinion I would disagree with changing into FireRed style. Why well I am bored with Firered tiles after playing so much hacks.. We want something else from a master like you
All right, one vote for current style.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Most people like FireRed tiles, that's why it's used in many hacks.
One vote for FireRed style? I think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casavult View Post
I've just seen your CrystalDust hack and now this and I have to say;

Damn, man you have got skills!

Both are looking fantastic and I REALLY cannot wait for them to be completed. Keep up the amazing work and you have my support!
Thanks for the support!
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin1037 View Post
This is a great game i cant wait for it to be completed.
Thanks for the comment!

Well, after some deliberation, I've decided to stick with what I've got for the time being. Not being in a FireRed style broadens the options available for graphics. In other news, I think I used the temporary switch to FireRed to distract myself from my main problem of working on Shining Opal: I haven't worked on it for so long I have no idea what I'm doing anymore. I'll try to scrounge up the memories of whatever direction I was going in, but we'll see how successful that'll be. I know I'm probably just going to distract myself with games and the internet again.

My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Old June 10th, 2013, 10:43 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Hey Diego, one thing is keep itching my brain and that is the story going. What would that be in future events, a Darker and powerful one or just plain like winning the badges and the league sort of???
Old June 16th, 2013, 01:17 PM
mudkipbubbles
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Lonely
this looks amazing! i'm going to go try it out now c:

I support:

Old June 17th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Mew
New Species Pokémon

Pikamew? Mewachu? What the heck is it called? A mix of my two favorite Pokémon (aside from Snivy)

Mew

Last edited by Mew; October 19th, 2013 at 09:04 PM.
Old June 17th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Mees

I like own maked tiles, it's a lot of work, but it is really appreciated, I think.
Old June 17th, 2013, 10:22 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMew View Post
Pikamew? Mewachu? What the heck is it called? A mix of my two favorite Pokémon other than Snivy.
It is called as Mikachu. Combination of Mew and Pikachu due to some accidental Lab experiments in the game story
Old July 31st, 2013, 03:08 AM
RIAD99
Rayquaza

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Yahoo to RIAD99 Send a message via Skype™ to RIAD99
this is good game two
n same as crystaldust i will download it after u finish making all sprites n events (or the storyline)

Old August 17th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Zaazaa0

Hey, Diego! Over on the Nuzlocke Forums, I'm doing a little project called the Unfinished Hack Extravaganza, in which I do Nuzlockes of unfinished hacks.

I'm doing this so that people who are still working on their hack can get feedback from us at the Nuzlocke Forums, since... Well, over on the Nuzlocke Forums, the hacks at PokeCommunity kind of get a really bad rap thanks to things like Snakewood, which PokeCommunity loves and the Nuzlocke Forums hate. So I figured there's no sense whining about an already finished hack, and pointing out the good and the bad of UNFINISHED hacks would be a good way to help improve some of the hacks here.

Obviously, the reason I'm posting here is because I did Shining Opal as one of the hacks! I've already completed as far as the current beta lets me, so here's the link to all of it. You can see what I and whoever reads the topic have to say about the hack from the Nuzlocke Forums perspective. We definitely had a lot to say about Mikachu.

s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/topic/8837430/
Old August 22nd, 2013, 08:59 PM
diegoisawesome
Community Supporter

Quote:
Hey Diego, one thing is keep itching my brain and that is the story going. What would that be in future events, a Darker and powerful one or just plain like winning the badges and the league sort of???
Let me just say that the storyline to this hack is going to be ridiculous, even more so than it is already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudkipbubbles View Post
this looks amazing! i'm going to go try it out now c:
All right, cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaazaa0 View Post
Hey, Diego! Over on the Nuzlocke Forums, I'm doing a little project called the Unfinished Hack Extravaganza, in which I do Nuzlockes of unfinished hacks.

I'm doing this so that people who are still working on their hack can get feedback from us at the Nuzlocke Forums, since... Well, over on the Nuzlocke Forums, the hacks at PokeCommunity kind of get a really bad rap thanks to things like Snakewood, which PokeCommunity loves and the Nuzlocke Forums hate. So I figured there's no sense whining about an already finished hack, and pointing out the good and the bad of UNFINISHED hacks would be a good way to help improve some of the hacks here.

Obviously, the reason I'm posting here is because I did Shining Opal as one of the hacks! I've already completed as far as the current beta lets me, so here's the link to all of it. You can see what I and whoever reads the topic have to say about the hack from the Nuzlocke Forums perspective. We definitely had a lot to say about Mikachu.

s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/topic/8837430/
I always enjoy reading/watching Let's Plays of my hacks, and this was no exception. I really do apologize for the god-awful level curve; I have no clue how to do that stuff right. And while the limitations on Mikachu are kind of bad for people doing Nuzlockes, I think it adds another level of complexity and is something you don't see in other hacks. Plus, Mikachu is required for parts of the storyline, and it wouldn't make sense to box it and then have it appear later. All of the criticisms posed are valid, and I'm going to try to address as much of them as I can in the next beta.

I don't have much of an "update" for this post, per se, but I do want to calm the people saying "OMG GUYZ ITZ DED" because it sure isn't.

My other resources:
My Website
Old August 23rd, 2013, 10:05 PM
alienhunterx

Oh yeah I guess we can wait more for this hack. I personally prefer more this than Crystal Dust.
Old August 24th, 2013, 03:54 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Nature: Naughty
And i wait for CrystalDust beta 3 xD
The bad thiing is that he needs to work on 2 hacks so it takes long for a new release + he got real life stuff
Old August 30th, 2013, 02:33 PM
gg8helper
Not a Glaceon.

Nature: Calm
When I started it up after patching it, it showed a screen I never saw after downloading a Pokemon hack. This is most likely because this is my first time patching something.

It said something about "being ripped off", LOL.

Rom Hacking?

Me: WTF WHAT IS A 0x00??? Oh wait, that's my favorite color...uh durr.

Still don't understand scripting. xD

Run.
Old August 31st, 2013, 12:25 AM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg8helper View Post
When I started it up after patching it, it showed a screen I never saw after downloading a Pokemon hack. This is most likely because this is my first time patching something.

Patch it on a new Firered ROM and see afterwards. This could be because of over patching
Old September 13th, 2013, 10:27 AM
CoolTrainer_J

I really love this hack, why has noone made a playthrough of this??? seriously.

I mean, I am stuck in the game, and this game is so fun... e_o why world why!!!

Quote:
Oh yeah I guess we can wait more for this hack. I personally prefer more this than Crystal Dust.
Same here man lol I don't know why but I do.... I should have put this all in one post I look like a spammer...

Last edited by CoolTrainer_J; September 13th, 2013 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 28th, 2013, 12:47 AM
TheAmazingSpiderMan
Aka Ansirent

Nature: Gentle
will it work with any version of fire red ?
Old October 7th, 2013, 09:46 AM
TheSnivyMaster
Snivy breeder extraordinaire

Nature: Naughty
Hey, Diego, I have a question to ask...

How did you make Mikachu have limitations like that? (Like, how can I make a Pokemon refuse to leave your Party?) I'm making a hack where that needs to be necessary for the story to really make sense (see my signature below for a hint on what I'm working on). Other than that, I love this hack, but I think it may be necessary for the player to get the National Pokedex at the beginning, because I want to evolve my Marill, yet the game won't let me... Also, I think you should put Fire Types in the game before Paul. Torchic would've been nice to use for this gym specifically.

I know my questions turned to nagging, but I just hope you take these into consideration.

Thanks!

(And @Rhytham, it only works with Firered v1.0. If you don't see "Presents" at the Game Freak part of the title, then it's a v1.0.)

I want eggs. Please?

Last edited by TheSnivyMaster; October 7th, 2013 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Questions left unanswered.
Old October 14th, 2013, 01:06 PM
diegoisawesome
Community Supporter

Quote:
I'd prefer to work on Shining Opal myself, but CrystalDust is just a lot easier to make. Plus, I keep having ideas about what I can put in to it, so I keep going back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
And i wait for CrystalDust beta 3 xD
The bad thiing is that he needs to work on 2 hacks so it takes long for a new release + he got real life stuff
Yeah, this exactly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg8helper View Post

This is normal. If you'd read the screen, you'd see that it had a warning for people who put this game on cartridges and try to sell it. I don't know if anyone HAS, but you never know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolTrainer_J View Post
I really love this hack, why has noone made a playthrough of this??? seriously.

I mean, I am stuck in the game, and this game is so fun... e_o why world why!!!

Same here man lol I don't know why but I do.... I should have put this all in one post I look like a spammer...
There are some playthroughs on YouTube, but not that many, sadly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhytham View Post
will it work with any version of fire red ?
Only with V1.0. 1.0 is the most common ROM, though, so you SHOULD be fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakituBroz View Post
Hey, Diego, I have a question to ask...

How did you make Mikachu have limitations like that? (Like, how can I make a Pokemon refuse to leave your Party?) I'm making a hack where that needs to be necessary for the story to really make sense (see my signature below for a hint on what I'm working on). Other than that, I love this hack, but I think it may be necessary for the player to get the National Pokedex at the beginning, because I want to evolve my Marill, yet the game won't let me... Also, I think you should put Fire Types in the game before Paul. Torchic would've been nice to use for this gym specifically.

I know my questions turned to nagging, but I just hope you take these into consideration.

Thanks!

(And @Rhytham, it only works with Firered v1.0. If you don't see "Presents" at the Game Freak part of the title, then it's a v1.0.)
I made Mikachu have limitations by hacking the deposit and release code with ASM. I'm going to eventually make a regional Pokédex that solves these issues about evolution. And I really need to fix the balancing and wild Pokémon, I know.

My other resources:
My Website
Old October 19th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Mew
New Species Pokémon

Quote:
It is called as Mikachu. Combination of Mew and Pikachu due to some accidental Lab experiments in the game story
I played it, just forgot the name. I would love to own a Pokémon Shining Opal game boy advance cartridge for the go lolz XP!

Mew
Old October 30th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Missmillerz

Aaaaa i cannot wait for this to be finished ;u;
i have enjoyed it so far
Old October 31st, 2013, 02:41 AM
vongerbys10

Send a message via Skype™ to vongerbys10
May I inform a bug? White Screen in Pokemon Crystal Dust 2.0.

#Hoenn Remake
Old October 31st, 2013, 03:15 AM
Frosty~
Pancakes are a girl's BFF

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by vongerbys10 View Post
May I inform a bug? White Screen in Pokemon Crystal Dust 2.0.
Did you click the Real Time Clock thingie? Are you save settings set to flash 128k? If not you need to do so.
Other wise you'll lose yourself."
- Megaman

My deviantArt
Old October 31st, 2013, 04:00 AM
Dechi
Unidentified Human Species

Nature: Lonely
I see this hack very interesting. I hope you will continue on the progress!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here