• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PBR Mystery Gift pokes

Wii Date or DS Date?

• Wii Calender

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DS calender

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Just do both incase

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
So I want a Surfing pikachu on my Diamond right? Well I want it to be special (even more than it is). So the number 8 is supposed to be lucky right? Well my idea was to get it on the 8/8/08 but sadly I didn't have PBR then, so I was wondering, is the pokemon's recieval date based on the wii's calender or the DS's? That way I can "forge" the date on it. So does any one know or should I just change both?

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
It's based on the date of the DS that you pick it up on.

(Side note: since when is the number 8 lucky?)

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Personally I think the date the Pokémon is received is determined by the server the Pokémon is stored.

No, it is 100% absolutely, definitively certain that the date is determined by the date set on the DS. There is no uncertainty about it whatsoever.

Zennerick

The Researcher
Years
It's based on the date of the DS that you pick it up on.

[S-HIGHLIGHT](Side note: since when is the number 8 lucky?)[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

It's lucky in China. That is why the Olympics was held on 8/8/08 at 8:00P.m..
To the Chinese, The number 8 represents success, wealth, and prosper.

pokefan32 said:
[S-HIGHLIGHT]I thought it was Lucky 7?[/S-HIGHLIGHT] Either way, based on DS depending what time/day you pick it up on.

To us Americans it is lucky. However, in China, the number 7 symbolizes "togetherness".

Last edited:

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
Yeah I thought 7 was lucky too, until my mum told me 8 was :/
Plus I've seen that HSBC advert where the guy buys that number plate: 8 wwwwwwwwaaaaaaayyyyyyy to many times
I may just get it on the 7/7/07 cause us Brits are more American than Chinese, or at least the Americans are more British.

Back