• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Azelf League

Years
  • Age 13
  • Seen Jul 6, 2011
postman.png

Official Thread

Here on PC I believe all of us enjoy competitive battles. But we should agree that, sometimes, we get sick of battling OU/BL tiers, and it's hard to find players who play with pokemon of lower tiers, especially outside Shoddy. What can we do? Can we use UU/BL teams against OU players? Sure. Can we just keep playing OU? Sure. Can we try a new system of battles, with its own tiers? Of course we can! And that's what Azelf League tries to offer.

Knowing the reason we play is to have fun, Azelf League gives players a different way of battling, which still focuses the interesting aspects of pokemon battles, team building and the battle itself. You'll certainly be forced to study the different tiers in order to build a good team to beat the gym leaders and your rivals. The battle will be as competitive and hot as always. Prediction, luck and skill will be involved on the badge pursuit. If you're looking for something new, you're certainly going to enjoy it. If you're bored, give it a try.

Battles will take place over Shoddy Battle and Wifi

Links

Index

• Azelf League
  • Positions

. About the Elite Four
. Elite Four
. About the Gym Leaders
. Gym Leaders
. About the Trainers
. Tiers

• Battles

. Clauses

• How to Apply

• Specific Thread

. A Gym Leader thread
. Trainer vs Trainer Thread

• What you can't do.
  • Registered Players

. Champion
. Elite Four
. Gym Leaders
. Trainer

• Black List

Azelf League

Your goal at the Azelf league is to earn 10 badges, defeat the Elites, and take on the Champion. To earn badges, you can either defeat the specific gym leader, or battle another trainer. If you're battling a non-gym leader player each trainer involved will choose an opponent badge. If you win the battle, you win the badge you chose, and your opponent loses it. If you lose, your opponent will win the badge he chose, and you'll lose that badge.

But maybe you don't want to be a trainer, and prefer to be a respectable Gym Leader. You can be that too! Being a Gym Leader, you'll always have someone willing to play with you, and you'll still have fun building different teams and strategies to surprise your challenges. You certainly will want to be recognized as a powerful opponent.

So, first of all, you need to choose if you want to be a gym leader, or a trainer. Gym leaders should be prepared to face as many trainers as they can. Trainers should be prepared to get all the badges, which means battling both gym leaders and other players.

Positions

About the Elite Four

Elite Four, The hardest to become, right before the champion. The trainers who have obtained all 10 badges will have to face you before they challenge the Champion.
Trainers only have two chances to beat you. If they lost to you twice they have to start all over from the first elite.

Elite Four

1) Not taken yet.
Pokemon: 1 UU, 2 OU, 3 BL

2) Not taken yet.
Pokemon: 6 BL and UU.

3) Not taken yet.
Pokemon: 4 OU, 2 UU.

4) Not taken yet.
Pokemon: 2 OU, 2 BL, 2 UU.

About the Gym Leaders

So, you decided to be a gym leader. You better be prepared to face countless challengers, and lots of fierce battles. Actually, the gym leader team building process is simple in comparison to the trainer's one. But don't think it'll be easy. First of all, you should choose a gym leader position. Then, apply to be that gym leader. If no one else wants to be that gym, congratulations, it'll be you. If there are more than one people willing to be the same gym leader, I'll check the applier's reputation on Wi-Fi section, and, the person who seems to be the best battler will get be chosen. If you were once blacklisted, you can't be a gym leader, it doesn't matter if the gym leader you want to be is still available.

Let's suppose you were chosen to be a gym leader. So check your gym type (they're dual-type, always) and build your team accordingly. Try to be as creative as possible, to surprise challengers, and be aware that each gym leader has a main pokemon you'll have to use in your team. You can only use 1 Pokemon that is not your gym's types. You can swap pokemon between battles, and try as many strategies as you want, as long as your Pokemon always fit on the rules mentioned above.

Gym Leaders:

1) Statichu
Pokemon Type: Dark/ Flying
Main Pokemon: Honchkrow

2) Volkner's Apprentice
Pokemon Type: Water/ Electric
Main Pokemon: Feraligatr

3) Aurasphere
Pokemon Type: Psychic/ Ghost
Main Pokemon: Medicham

4) Mukkamoto
Pokemon Type: Fighting/ Flying
Main Pokemon: Heracross

5) Kittyipawd
Pokemon Type: Rock/ Steel
Main Pokemon: Heatran

6) KP-Jacob
Pokemon Types: Water/ Ground
Main Pokemon: Vaporeon

7) +Golden Weavile+
Pokemon Type: Ice/ Ground
Main Pokemon: Mamoswine

8)
Pokemon Type:
Main Pokemon:

9)
Pokemon Type:
Main Pokemon:

10)
Pokemon Type:
Main Pokemon:

About the Trainers

Being a trainer requires a little more attention, but it's not too hard. You should choose one of the three tiers, each one correspond to four starter pokemon that you'll have to use on at least one on your team. Choosing tier 3 means your team has to have Swampert, Feraligatr, Blastiose, or Empoleon. After picking your tier and your starter, you can choose any pokemon from your tier. You can't change your tier to battle the different gym leaders and trainers, but you can change the pokemon on your team the way you want, as long, of course, as you keep the starter and use only pokemon from your tier.

Each tier consists on 80~84 pokemon. They were made using an aleatory method. All fully evolved non-uber pokemon are included (plus Scyther, Pikachu and Porygon2).Garchomp and Deoxys -S are allowed but changes can be made, if the community thinks it'll make them more equilibrated.

Tiers

dpmfa003.png
dpmfa154.png
dpmfa254.png
dpmfa389.png

Tier 1 (Venusaur Meganium Sceptile Torterra)
Spoiler:

dpmfa006.png
dpmfa157.png
dpmfa257.png
dpmfa392.png

Tier 2 (Charizard Typhlosion Blaziken Infernape)
Spoiler:

dpmfa009.png
dpmfa160.png
dpmfa260.png
dpmfa395.png

Tier 3 (Blastoise Feraligatr Swampert Empoleon)
Spoiler:

Battles

Battles will happen on Shoddy and Wifi using PC standard rules. I'll list all the rules in order to prevent doubts.

Clauses

Be aware you must follow the rules below, otherwise you'll be blacklisted.

. 6 vs 6 battle
. No ubers (Deoxys-S included)
. Evasion Clause ON
. Freeze Clause OFF (Unfair for Wifi Battlers if it's on)
. Item Clause OFF
. OHKO Clause ON
. Sleep Clause ON
. Species Clause ON
. Timed Battle ON/OFF

How to apply

Now you know how to play, you're probably wondering how to apply. It's pretty easy.

The only way to become a Champion is to be the first to defeat him/her in the previous season.

The Elites are hand picked by the Champion for his reigning season.

If you want to be a gym leader, just post here asking to be so, and start to prepare a team, because you're most likely to be chosen. If you don't, you can still be another gym leader or a trainer.

If you want to be a trainer. Post the tier you'll use and you're registered. Think carefully, as you can't change your tier.

Specific Posts

A Gym Leader Post

Every Gym Leader will have a post where he/she will record every battle he/she has had, and every badge he/she gave. Specific requirements for these threads will be PMed to each gym leader before the challenge starts.

Also, every challenger should ask for a battle against an specific Gym Leader on this thread. PMs will not be considered.

Note that, if you want to be a gym leader, I'm assuming you'll be able to battle as many challengers as you can at least twice a week (on the weekends, if you're busy with school/work on the weekdays).

Trainer vs Trainer Post

The Trainer post is a post I'll run in order to record the battle trainers had against themselves in order to know how many, and which badges each player has. It'll also work like a "Battle Me" thread.

A registered trainer ask for a battle on this thread. There, he finds another registered trainer willing to battle, and then arrange which badge each one will give/receive. They'll battle and, once the competition has ended, they'll post the result. I'll daily update the thread in order to record all the battles.

If it isn't obvious, you can't offer a badge you don't have.

If you win a battle and your opponent, to prevent losing its badge, doesn't post the battle results proving you won, he/she'll blacklisted. Recording the battle is fine if both you and your opponent agree.

What you can't do.

. Use modified pokemon. ("legit" hacks are fine)
. Use pokemon that are not from your tier (in case you're a Trainer).
. Use pokemon that are not from your team type (in case you're a Gym Leader).
. Use ubers
. Disconnect if you're losing.
. Don't post the results of any battle on the correct thread, despite winning or losing.
. Break any PC rule

If you do anything listed above you'll be blacklisted, which means you're unable to play on Azelf League anymore.

Registered Players

Champion:

1)

Elite Four:

1)

2)

3)

4)

Gym Leaders:

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Trainers:

( Tier 1 ) Zurich
( Tier 2 ) 4th Gen Matt

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 13
  • Seen Jul 6, 2011
i would like to be a gym leader. do i choose what type i wanna be.

Well it seems your rather new to the battle stadium and I really don't know if your good.
Maybe I can get someone to test you, unless you have shoddy I can test you, or have someone say that you are good :)

Years
dont worry im fine with being tested out. i can tell where your coming from and that you dont want new people. So when you want me to be tested just say the word and ill be there.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
Yep i would like to be a rock and steel gym leader on shoddy also can you battle me alot I must be rusty becuase of my 6 month break

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
No im gonna be offline for the next 6-8 hours and have to make that team >_>

Years
  • Age 13
  • Seen Jul 6, 2011
That was directed to Kittyipawd, sorry. :<
I will try to find someone who can test you for me as soon as possible.

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2016
This seemes interesting enough. I will be using Shoddy and I wish to become a Gym Leader.

Years
  • Age 13
  • Seen Jul 6, 2011
Which two types would you like and what would your main Pokemon be, Statichu?

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2016
Thank you. Do you mind if I add the banner that is on the top of the first post to my signature linking to here?

Years
  • Age 13
  • Seen Jul 6, 2011
That's fine.
Also if your going to give credits for the banner, Ooka made it.

Back