The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 18th, 2009, 04:09 PM
1ninjadude1701
Psyduck

Nature: Quiet
hey we should update this don't think CP
Old October 20th, 2009, 05:11 AM
skrullman
Beginning Trainer

Pokemon Origin like Mewtwo origins Nice Game
Old October 26th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Death Strike
a.k.a Minions123

Nature: Docile
Perfect name, nice storyline, and new stuff other than the normal pokemon games! Cool!
Old November 20th, 2009, 08:12 PM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

Nature: Adamant
Finally, I get back to Origin. I apologize for it being near another month but the school year has started and I, and I'm sure most of you, have been busy with school. However, while I had free time without internet connection I did do some cool stuff that I would like to present in two screenshots:

The map used in Roark's battle sequence is not permanent, I am still making tiles (& compiling) but it does show an intro sequence. I plan on redoing it to make it better but this should give you a pretty good idea of what it will look like. I'll upload a video if I can visually proving it actually exists (because anyone can easily just show an image in an event). The battle scene needs work as well, such as brightening up the text and adding a Pokemon's icon to the words "Fight." Thankfully I'll have more time now to work on it so I should update on that soon as well.

To reiterate my last update, the bag was displayed as well as the key item EXPLORER KIT (Yes, it does infact work 8D) and here is a shot of the bag:

So yeah, comments please :D

~ CP

3DS FC: 5241 1923 6787

- Public Resources -

Better Encryption for RMXP/RMVX
Old November 22nd, 2009, 01:51 AM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

Update! More pictures including Roark's Gym (A portion of it actually) and a Journal...wai-, what? Way. I got the Time/Date system functional without lagging.

The Journal was also added right after the load screen (which can be turned on/off via the options menu). More to come ~

CP

- Public Resources -

Old November 22nd, 2009, 06:18 AM
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD

That looks interesting. I don't understand why no one posted so far. It looks good all in all, though your battle system needs a bit work though. I have no idea how you managed to get the logbook system running, and time and date without any lag. I'm impressed.

But, (and there is always a but) I'm not that fond of your screen size. I have the feeling that it is presenting a difficulty to you as a developer and is forcing you to resize various sprites to an odd size due to the screen difference between original games and your one. Also it would look odd if the player would choose to reduce the resolution to 0.5 while at the same time, if the resolution is 1 all the graphics look a bit too pixelated. Hope you take that into account.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 12:26 PM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka S.J. View Post
That looks interesting. I don't understand why no one posted so far. It looks good all in all, though your battle system needs a bit work though. I have no idea how you managed to get the logbook system running, and time and date without any lag. I'm impressed.

But, (and there is always a but) I'm not that fond of your screen size. I have the feeling that it is presenting a difficulty to you as a developer and is forcing you to resize various sprites to an odd size due to the screen difference between original games and your one. Also it would look odd if the player would choose to reduce the resolution to 0.5 while at the same time, if the resolution is 1 all the graphics look a bit too pixelated. Hope you take that into account.
Thank you, well actually there is no "visible" lag. There might be a difference of around 1 FPS (lower) but other than that I really see nothing bad (or terribly laggy). I do have to credit someone though for the basework that allowed me to do the time/date system without a lag (although I did major adjustments to their script) - Near Fantastica. I am also aiming finish the battle system so watch out for that. Also watch out for the VS sequence editing, I might finish that within the next hour or so.

I have already taken that into account, the screensize option has been removed because of this so it won't look odd in 1/2 size. I don't have much trouble resizing the graphics and it takes only like 2-3 minutes or not even to get them correct. Though Roark's gym tiles (erm, the walls) took me hours to rip because they were so 3D but I don't think they look too bad. I still have a couple more tiles to rip before I can go all out on the gym but for now I just wanted to show a gym map since I've not been showing much mapwork, and the ones I did show sucked badly.

~ CP

- Public Resources -

Old November 22nd, 2009, 01:13 PM
venom12
Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to venom12
Screen size is other than peoples uses. Game looks great CP i waiting for more updates, and the bag is amazing, looks like DPP. Battle looks good too just make pokemon icon and will look like DPP now looks too but you dont have that icon. You will make pokedex like DPP?

Old November 22nd, 2009, 09:22 PM
<~F.M.P~>
I got you whistling Blue Box!

Nature: Mild
Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
I've got to say. Your game's features are going quite well dude, I'm even more impressed at the fact that you've managed to get a log book up and running. excellent job. You did an excellent job ripping those tiles as well, but the rocks that aren't connected to anything are what bother me, an that, what looks to be a brigde I believe. That's about my only concern however. You're doing an excellent job dude, Keep it up!
Old November 22nd, 2009, 09:56 PM
deeelove
Dradradra drama BEATZZ

Nature: Calm
This looks awesome! I'm not a big fan of the ds games but this looks like it will be so much fun!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 04:58 PM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

@> Venom12 :

Thank you, I actually am using what is displayed as a base for custom systems, so over time I will show more improvements to the battle system, bag, etc... to have the stuff be original.

@> <~F.M.P~> :

Well, actually I've only implemented the "player beat his rival" thing as of now, but thank you for the compliments so far. Ohh, and for the tile thing, I spent so much time ripping the walls that I was a little lazy when it came to the rest of the tiles so I'll fix them soon.

@> deeelove :

Thank you dee, I see the dislike for DS' are going up but I can actually argue pro and con about the DS. For example, a Pro is that there is more room than Pokemon Essential's normal format, and Con that it doesn't show originality due to the fact that the DS has already been made. Of course, single-screen games have the same problem because the GBA has already been made. But what I'm showing is that even though the DS isn't very original it can indeed be turned into one great system. In fact, I scripted it myself.

-----------------------------------------------------

And for a progress update on the current screens:

1) The battle system is almost fully finished.
2) The VS sequence is close to finished for public viewing.
3) Roark's gym tiles are being fixed.

~ CP

- Public Resources -

Old November 25th, 2009, 03:41 PM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

@> thedootamster:

ex version? Origin doesn't have an "ex" version. And about the job thing, why don't you get one before you ramble on about how others on this forum should do so?

- Public Resources -

Old December 5th, 2009, 08:35 AM
venom12
Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to venom12
Hi how's going update? I'm waiting for seome screens :D

Old December 19th, 2009, 01:31 AM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

@> Venom12:

I apologize for taking so long, school has been a big part of my life lately.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To everyone else; a completed VS sequence:

I have much more in plan for the winter, but for now nothing is really in the public-viewing stage. I'll get more probably tomorrow. Until then, goodnight everyone

CP

- Public Resources -

Old December 19th, 2009, 01:47 AM
bilkev
The Pokemon™ B/D creator

This project is cool !
When will the demo?
Old December 19th, 2009, 01:51 AM
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold
I love the VS screen and also that the game looks like the actual DS games keep at this and good work so far
Old December 19th, 2009, 08:54 PM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

Update! New screens:

On the left: Kecleon following Lucas, viewing a window in Twinleaf Town (Rival's House)
On the right: Zapdos following Lucas, going into a door in Twinleaf Town (Player's House)
The above screens show a brand new addition for Pokemon - Following the player. Credits and Props to help-14 for creating the original script, but I did do multiple changes to it since I changed Origin's way of interpreting things while developing the DS. I'll upload a video of some new stuff probably tomorrow, including the battle system, Pokemon following the character (showing changes from help-14's script), and maybe the underground if I get to it or something like that, and maybe more. The underground map is vast so it's not exactly complete. The twinleaf map is not final either, especially since I really need to remake the floor tiles, but it's a general idea.

- Public Resources -

Old December 20th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD

Looks good, though personally I don't think that a Pokemon Following system should be interpreted on any RMXP game. RMXP has its own way of handling the events and the bigger Pokemon Overworlds overlap the player in a nasty way...you should look into that problem. Now I'm just interested with what you are planning to do with the bottom screen during the map view. For now it's empty...
Old December 20th, 2009, 01:18 AM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

@> Luka S.J.

I have indeed forseen that issue, and thus only smaller (1-tile) Pokemon can follow the character. This follow addition is actually optional, I added support to the PokemonScreen script so the player can choose to walk with, or without, their lead Pokemon allowing complete freedom. For now, as you can see, the bottom is vacant. This is because I have a couple different ideas about what to put there...*says in an underhanded voice* or what to not put there. :D

- Public Resources -

Old December 21st, 2009, 10:16 PM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

Update!

New Picture of the hero and his Garchomp in the new Twinleaf Town and...what is this? A Pokétch! Following D/Pt's footsteps, the Poketch returns but with more apps, including a menu application (available from the when you get the Poketch which will be revealed later and is received differently than D/Pt, with the exception to a couple options such as the PokeGear which obviously is obtained separately; The DEBUG option will not be available in public versions for some obvious reasons). Off with the talking, on with the shot:

Also, please don't comment "eww, the colors of the icons is look weird, the colors are supposed to be green and not much else (i.e. not red, orange, etc...)" I already know this, the GUI was made quickly as I was more busy scripting the feature, however, I do promise a better GUI soon. For those game developers out there, this Poketch does indeed work like DPt, although I haven't finished every application, it's playable. I also made a brand new screenshot module, so your screens save automatically in a folder called "snapshots" saving space on the root. I also modified the music, although this module obviously won't really take much effect until the release, I thought I'd note what is going to happen.

- Public Resources -

Last edited by CollosalPokemon; December 21st, 2009 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Including notes for game developers
Old January 1st, 2010, 03:59 PM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

Well, a post New Year's update is underway:

The above picture depicts a brand new 3 Dimensional (3D) effect I scripted. It's much better in the actual game than it looks in the picture, but I don't really have the time to shoot a video because I'm with family right now. This effect is 100% lag-free (Runs at the same Frames Per Second as Pokemon Essentials) and doesn't interfere with any scripts/event processing. As a side note, it also includes and updated GUI for the game's Poketch. Sorry about the pencil (on the save screen) and the pokeball symbol (on the bag) though, if I was to recolor them with the correct pallete (from the original Poketch) the pictures wouldn't look right.

I also almost got a fully scripted (use of no events) introduction. I was planning on keeping it private until finished, but then I thought, "hey, it's the first day of 2010, why not show a screenshot." So here it is:

And no game is complete without Sweet Honey Trees :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: All pictures above are either fully functional, or pretty much done.

- Public Resources -

Old January 1st, 2010, 04:51 PM
davidthefat
I Love C++

Now is the game truly 3d or is it just 2d sprites?
Old January 1st, 2010, 06:27 PM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidthefat View Post
Now is the game truly 3d or is it just 2d sprites?
Ehh, that was actually mentioned if you really looked at it, but it's 2d sprites with a 3D effect, and before you say true 3d is impossible in RMXP, it's completely possible to do, although I am not saying it's easy to do. I almost got this very engine to make true 3d sprites, but the maps looked really terrible (they were chopped up for whatever reason) but it worked to an interesting degree.

- Public Resources -

Old January 15th, 2010, 12:41 AM
FinalEclipse
Learning to be a Tile Artist

pretty hectic looking game!

good luck I'll be sure to play this as soon as its released!

i need everyone to click this.

i need to buy nx for combat arms

http://tinyurl.com/26kk9s7
Old January 16th, 2010, 07:24 PM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

News! A pic of MYSTERY GIFT:

Please excuse the GUI and UI, this took me like 4 days to script and it's not fully done (but it can read a mystery gift file AND create a pokemon/item off of it).

I promise a video at some point but my Finals are this coming week so I can't promise it so soon, but I swear that the script can indeed MAKE pokemon AND items out of files I create (for the mystery gift) and DOWNLOAD them from a url (not to be specified) directly from the RGSS Player. (No need to download them from your browser)

I am also sorry (again) for the lazy GUI and UI, I really just scripted this quickly but I'm planning on making it better.

~ CP

- Public Resources -

Last edited by CollosalPokemon; January 17th, 2010 at 03:43 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links