Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Reload this Page Pokemon Origin

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old January 17th, 2010 (08:00 AM).

Looks good. Is this a sequel or something?
Old January 17th, 2010 (12:20 PM).
What's next?
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
@> AceOlsen:

I don't really think of it as a 'sequel' personally because nintendo has yet to make a pokemon game with all the regions, and shadow Pokemon haven't made their way to the DS (up to today that is, I don't know if they ever really will) plus a good number of other features. In contrast, there are a lot of features in common with current Pokemon games by nintendo, so it's really based on opinion.

3DS FC: 5241 1923 6787

- Public Resources -

Better Encryption for RMXP/RMVX
Old January 17th, 2010 (12:42 PM).
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~
hmmm so you have to download a mystery gift file to make it work? Isn't it better if you just get it directly from the internet through the game, so it's cheat proof? At least thats what I would do, abnd it would be easier to work with, since PbDownloadToString is already there and would help with that...
Old January 17th, 2010 (03:40 PM). Edited January 20th, 2010 by CollosalPokemon.
What's next?
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by ~JV~:
hmmm so you have to download a mystery gift file to make it work? Isn't it better if you just get it directly from the internet through the game, so it's cheat proof? At least thats what I would do, abnd it would be easier to work with, since PbDownloadToString is already there and would help with that...
@> ~JV~:

Please read the post your making suggestions:

"DOWNLOAD them from a url (not to be specified)."

That was from the text in my post, so yes, it can pull files from the internet directly from the game. As for the pbDownloadToString thing, that method is old. I made a new method based on the pbDownloadToString that makes it more simple and much more powerful. I admit, however, I should have put "from the RGSS Player" but I assumed most people would kinda pick it up from reading...anyways, I'll edit that in now.

- Public Resources -

Old February 5th, 2010 (08:19 PM).
What's next?
Crystal Tier

Sorry about the lack of updates, I've been busy lately but I just wanted to note I'll have some news within two weeks, including a video. My plans are to have:

A fully functional underground with a video (around 60% complete as of now)
Display of a functional Poketch with at least two of it's apps.
Finish GUI and interface of the Mystery Gift mentioned before. (Since it was done at the time I posted it)

I don't know exactly what the video/screenshots will be of just yet, but these are my plans so far. I'll definitely have the underground shots though at very minimal.

~ CP

- Public Resources -

Old February 9th, 2010 (10:53 AM). Edited February 9th, 2010 by CollosalPokemon.
What's next?
Crystal Tier

Small Update, lottery system complete:

http://collosalnetwork.net//Pokemon Origin/Videos/clip001.avi

For now I can't access youtube so you'll have to download the AVI...there's no audio yet because I'm in school with limited time. The tiles don't look like they do in the video, it's because they're jpegged that they look kinda weird. It also shows the new 3D effect.
I'll upload a better video tonight, but I thought people might want to see a little preview :D

EDIT:

Now that I have a little time I'll explain how this lottery system will work --- 'cause it's different than how DPt's works.

First of all, it no longer is based upon your IDno. but rather on a random ticket. Next, I have added a 6th slot to the random
ticket's number, making it so there's now 6 prizes. Next, as a regulation (because it's no longer IDno. based) to prevent overuse or mistreatment, the lotteries only occur on Mondays, once a week. These are the main changes, the item list remains virtually intact with DPt's prizes, however, I shall list them:

Prize 1 (First numbers matched) : Potion
Prize 2 (Second numbers matched) : Ultra Ball
Prize 3 (Third numbers matched) : PP Up
Prize 4 (Fourth numbers matched) : EXP Share
Prize 5 (Fifth numbers matched) : Max Revive
Prize 6 (All numbers matched) : Master Ball

~ CP

- Public Resources -

Old February 10th, 2010 (01:19 PM).
Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to venom12
So if no one want to comment i will do that :D

First cool trailer but showing little short, i like the lottery.

next you should show us osthers systems, battle or something

Good work
Old February 10th, 2010 (08:11 PM).
What's next?
Crystal Tier

@> Venom12:

It wasn't meant to be long, it was more of a...teaser-trailer. I'm working on something that will blow all other systems off the charts. I won't release an exact date for that film, but I am going to get the video in by February's end. It'll be truly awesome and I think everyone will enjoy it. It's over 50% done as of now, so I think I can do it pretty soon.

Hint: I've mentioned it before, back in 2009 with a screenshot of about 2% of it done. I've gotten through the bulk of it though, so I'm sure it won't take longer than a month at most.

- Public Resources -

Old February 16th, 2010 (10:16 AM).
What's next?
Crystal Tier

Since I had a 4-day weekend over the past couple days, I thought I'd do something I've totally forgot about; The Pokedex:

Of course it's not 100% done, but I thought I owed the thread something so here's a first. I am still working on the secret project and it's coming together really nicely, I might release a single screenshot later today (Just finishing the main bugs, so you guys don't see them :D)

The Pokedex above is pretty much lag-free but, of course, move your cursor around swiftly in the window makes it lag. (There's no way around that since every player can't have controlled cursor speeds)

- Public Resources -

Old February 16th, 2010 (10:28 AM).
Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to venom12
HGSS Styled dex, now more peoples using hgss style things. Its cool you get this pokedex, cant wait to see this secret.
Old February 16th, 2010 (11:34 AM).
The Official Roxas
Gold Tier

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sora's Nobody
I really like you features in the game, i like the fact that all the regions are in the game. And the "Wifi factor" is intruiging

Sora's Nobody ★ Nothing Yet!
♠The Official Roxas♠ My Stuff:

Old February 16th, 2010 (12:53 PM).
Haku's Servant

Nature: Timid
you have too much self esteam, especially for a rookie, I may even have to cut your ego down a notch

but overall I like your hack and lety me know when the beta gets released XD
Old February 16th, 2010 (01:34 PM).
What's next?
Crystal Tier

@> Venom12 and Sora's Nobody:

Thanks, I'll try to get it up tonight, but if not definitely next weekend.

@> Mister Hakudoushi:

I dunno where your getting your information from, but to answer your post:

1) This is a GAME not a hack.
2) No betas, no alphas, I don't want the game to be too buggy/short so it'll be just a final release.
3) I know I'm not all that great at RMXP, infact I'm not, but I'd love to see you hand script everything I've scripted yourself. Most of the scripts in Origin are either scripted by me or atleast edited by me. Of course I can't script everything alone xD

- Public Resources -

Old February 16th, 2010 (05:00 PM).
A Direct Hit To Your Heart~

okay, sorry to burst your bubble but...
finally you show something intresting. No offense, but you're really making very slow process, and you have such a long 'features' list I'm going to bet some cash half of them will never get finished. I also agree with Mrchewy on everything posted. Other than that, I'm impressed. I like the dual screen!
the features are great, so is the story. but i must say this was excecuted horribly!
for one your using dp sprites with fire red graphics, that doesn't work! use keyldoves tileset, also resize the rowan sprite in the intro, it is way to small!
sorry if i was harsh..
Old February 16th, 2010 (07:07 PM).
What's next?
Crystal Tier

@> Maruo:

You'd be surprised. I'd take the bet but PC isn't for gambling xD Where are you getting the graphic sources? My game uses Pt map graphics (Including NPC/OW graphics), not FRLG. I supposed you're looking through posts...many of the first posts are wayy outdated. If you look through recent posts (or the first post's screenshots) you'd see they aren't FRLG but rather Platinum tiles. I'd absolutely HATE the game to be FRLG tiles with DP sprites, I can guarantee the tiles I use are from DPt, I haven't gotten around to making custom ones/editing the ones I have yet though.

- Public Resources -

Old February 16th, 2010 (09:35 PM).

Nature: Lonely
I find it funny that as soon as Blue Chrome gets a new feature, everyone decides its a must have and puts it in their game. I'm not criticising, i'm just saying.

I made a big mistake including the dual screen features in PE O...
Old February 16th, 2010 (09:54 PM). Edited February 16th, 2010 by CollosalPokemon.
What's next?
Crystal Tier

@> Alexandre:

Since when? I'm sure you guys haven't finished the Pokedex yet. Although I haven't either, so how's that copying? Plus, as far as I know, Blue Chrome doesn't have the menu with "Search," "Cry," etc... in it. I know it's like "big woop, you made a tiny feature" but still.

Dual Screen? Where was the Dual Screen in PE: O, there was an Input module, and you modified the screensize, but that was pretty much it. Yes, sure, I used the input module from PE: O but it wasn't even yours. It was made by CyberSam and modified by Astro_Mech. Plus, I did heavy modifications to it and you didn't include instructions on how to use the mouse on images (only documentation was for windows) so I figured that out on my own. "Big deal" I know. Anyways, the secret feature (which is now in the finishing stages) is as far away from Blue Chrome as possible, and I'm sure even you, Alexandre, will be impressed. I don't want to release screenshots though, because I am positive I'll get more comments saying I'm lying and just photoshoped it than comments saying good job. So I'll release a video probably by next weekend, proving it's legitimacy so no one can say I am lying. Not just that, it's a feature NO ONE has ever done before.

- Public Resources -

Old February 16th, 2010 (10:34 PM). Edited February 16th, 2010 by Restless.

Quote originally posted by CollosalPokemon:
NEVER CALL IT A HACK AGAIN, YOU NEVER READ ANYTHING IN THE SECTION, IF YOU HAD YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN THOSE ANSWERS!!!!!!! I WILL NEVER WRITE THOSE ANSWERS IN THE REGULAR POSTS, THEY ARE ALREADY IN THE SECTION!!!!!!!!!! REMEMBER THIS EVERYONE BEFORE YOU POST ITS A HACK, I WILL NEVER RESPOND TO ANY MORE OF THOSE QUESTIONS, EVER AGAIN, Sorry for yelling it just gets frustrating to me when people don't follow the rules.
a lot of people really can't figure out the difference between a hack and a game. -__-'' don't mind him sir, he is just noobish seeing some video's in youtube talkin bout hacking roms. i pity the guy. nice dual system tho. can you touch the screen below?O.o

Quote originally posted by Alexandre:
I find it funny that as soon as Blue Chrome gets a new feature, everyone decides its a must have and puts it in their game. I'm not criticising, i'm just saying.

I made a big mistake including the dual screen features in PE O...
im not trying to be an idiot here but hey, speak for yourself. we don't own the game. none of us do -- nintendo and whoever they are, are the original owners. so we can't say that someone steals idea's from who. or these screen thingies. they just want to make theyre game better. i wanna put that dual thingy in my game. O.O. anyways im neither on both sides. :D
Old February 17th, 2010 (05:03 AM).

Nature: Lonely
I am in no way saying you shouldn't be allowed to copy Blue Chrome. After all Pokemon is a Nintendo asset and I have no right to say that people aren't allowed to use any of the features, I am simply saying that Blue Chrome has lost its uniqueness.

I am also not bashing you, your game has the potential to be as good as anyones, I was just stating my opinion.
Old February 17th, 2010 (05:08 AM).
Legen- wait for it...
Silver Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Alexandre:
I am in no way saying you shouldn't be allowed to copy Blue Chrome. After all Pokemon is a Nintendo asset and I have no right to say that people aren't allowed to use any of the features, I am simply saying that Blue Chrome has lost its uniqueness.

I am also not bashing you, your game has the potential to be as good as anyones, I was just stating my opinion.
It's not really 'unique' if your just using staple Nintendo features, though. :\

Yeah, I'm still not a fan of dual screens...

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one of mine really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old February 17th, 2010 (06:42 AM).
@LukaSJ0

Actually...I wouldn't call any of that bad. People trying to mimic the features I implement in my game, can sometimes get a tad annoying, but it actually shows me that I've established a good reputation for my game which everyone wishes to compete with. And that makes me proud Seeing that a game can get established and become popular among the crowd is not a bad thing, and of course people will try to compete with one's game and have the same features plus more...because that's just the way the world works. Take a look at the new HP laptops coming out that have an almost identical design to the one of Macbook Pro, it's because everyone wants to compete and be the better one, including me :D

Now that that's out of the way, I'm still not a fan of the screen resolution It is still making you stretch various sprites to uncomfortable dimensions which makes them end up weird (like the buttons on the bottom of the Pokedex). Also the perspective tilemap view...meh, not too sure about that. It does give it a nice feel, but also messes up some looks. Makes objects which shouldn't be in perspective view, into perspective view, and also alters indoor maps to perspective (which I personally think they shouldn't). 2D view is fine when the graphic are good, and it is better performance-wise. I don't know...it's your call, but just wanted to say my opinion.
Old February 17th, 2010 (11:04 AM).
A Direct Hit To Your Heart~

NEVER CALL IT A HACK AGAIN, YOU NEVER READ ANYTHING IN THE SECTION, IF YOU HAD YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN THOSE ANSWERS!!!!!!! I WILL NEVER WRITE THOSE ANSWERS IN THE REGULAR POSTS, THEY ARE ALREADY IN THE SECTION!!!!!!!!!! REMEMBER THIS EVERYONE BEFORE YOU POST ITS A HACK, I WILL NEVER RESPOND TO ANY MORE OF THOSE QUESTIONS, EVER AGAIN, Sorry for yelling it just gets frustrating to me when people don't follow the rules.
You know your going to lose a lot of fans by writing this every now and then. It seems that I may have to cut down your ego up a notch.

And also give credit to NINTENDO since I know you didn't make any of those things from scratch. Your ideals are all too gulible for my taste.

My question is, will you ever finish this so called 'epic awesome all regions game' in this century? There's a reason why Nintendo makes only one region per game(except HGSS) it takes time and a lot of patience. The fact that your in school is just an excuse, you think the workers who made the pokemon games go to school? erm No! XD

Overall, keep working on this sweety I look forward to your 'epic' game.
Old February 17th, 2010 (11:11 AM).
Haku's Servant

Nature: Timid
@> Mister Hakudoushi:

I dunno where your getting your information from, but to answer your post:

1) This is a GAME!
2) betas, alphas, I want the game to be too buggy/short so it'll be just a final release.
3) I know I'm all that great at RMXP, infact I love to see you hand script everything I've scripted. Most of the scripts in Origin are either scripted by me or edited by me. Of course I can script everything alone xD
I just wanted to know, please don't be mean to me ^0^'

If you need help with any bugs or glitches ill gladly test it for you =D
Old February 17th, 2010 (12:27 PM).
What's next?
Crystal Tier

@> Luka S.J. :

Those points are something to look at, but I figured the performance would drop if I used perspective so I created an anti-lag alias.

@> Maruo:

That was...a long time ago. I've changed. Lol I forgot Nintendo? Out of all the people that deserve credit---I'll amend the thread with their credits.

@> Mister Hakudoushi:

I see, well I'll look into beta testing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've decided to release a small amount of pictures of the new thing I've been scripting but spoilered because I was going to wait for the video...

Spoiler:

Yes! It's true, the underground is functional AND includes bottom screen play! (In video will also include Mining and Secret Bases)

- Public Resources -

Old February 27th, 2010 (11:39 AM).
What's next?
Crystal Tier

I've been working on a pretty interesting thing over the past few days and I was thinking of showing it, although I am working a better GUI it is interesting:

It's character selection/customization! (The background scrolls and it has effects but of course normal PNG/BMP files cannot be animated unless it's really a GIF with a PNG/BMP extension)

- Public Resources -

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links