Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Reload this Page Pokemon: Carbon Version (RMXP)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: How is it so far?
Nice! 108 67.92%
Not bad 25 15.72%
Okay 13 8.18%
Needs work (Give me suggestions plz) 13 8.18%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old March 14th, 2009 (08:01 PM). Edited March 15th, 2009 by ~GodricGryffindor9~.
WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!

Nature: Adamant
ok ill start with Parmal.

Parmal:

the critisizem:
i dont exactly think the colors should go together like that. so im gonna call it a color clash, it looks like one of santas little helpers turned into a bird. and theres another thing, the wings look a little like hands to me, but thats about it.

the praise:
the overall sprite work and clean up is done very well like most of your sprites. this is an improvement on petweet or its original sprite. and the ribbon, feather, ect on its head is placed on the sprite perfectly if you know what i mean.

the rating:
8/10

Maramoo:

the critisizem:
not much really, just that the outlines look a little on the bright side. and the eyes look like they are looking away from the opponet pokemon.

the praise:
the design, sprite, choice of color, detail, and name all perfectly mesh together. this is definitly something i want to catch!

the rating:
10/10

Solidot:

the critisizem:
omg it looks to much like sunkern, i cant say i looks much different. its got the stripes removed, mouth removed, spikes removed, shrank, and repositioned but thats about it.

the praise:
well the sprite work is good.

the rating:
5/10

my advice: remove a leaf and the stem so just the leaf is there.
or:maybe make it more seed looking like make it a light brown and transform it into a seed shape.

Tulpia

the critisizem:
i dont really like the way its leaned to the side like that, and it should probbly be posed.

the praise:
as you can see its very well done, sorta like the magikarp evo tree. something crappy turns into something super powerful ( except sunkern out moves magikarp any day lol )
the shading is great and well... thats about it ( i got to start puting in reasons why i like them ).

the rating ( duh duh duh... ) :
10/10

well thats my opinion. srry it took so long
Old March 15th, 2009 (11:32 AM).
I got you whistling Blue Box!
Silver Tier

Nature: Mild
Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
Quote originally posted by StaraptorX:
ok ill start with Parmal.

Parmal:

the critisizem:
i dont exactly think the colors should go together like that. so im gonna call it a color clash, it looks like one of santas little helpers turned into a bird. and theres another thing, the wings look a little like hands to me, but thats about it.

the praise:
the overall sprite work and clean up is done very well like most of your sprites. this is an improvement on petweet or its original sprite. and the ribbon, feather, ect on its head is placed on the sprite perfectly if you know what i mean.

the rating:
8/10

Maramoo:

the critisizem:
not much really, just that the outlines look a little on the bright side. and the eyes look like they are looking away from the opponet pokemon.

the praise:
the design, sprite, choice of color, detail, and name all perfectly mesh together. this is definitly something i want to catch!

the rating:
10/10

Solidot:

the critisizem:
omg it looks to much like sunkern, i cant say i looks much different. its got the stripes removed, mouth removed, spikes removed, shrank, and repositioned but thats about it.

the praise:
well the sprite work is good.

the rating:
5/10

my advice: remove a leaf and the stem so just the leaf is there.
or:maybe make it more seed looking like make it a light brown and transform it into a seed shape.

Tulpia

the critisizem:
i dont really like the way its leaned to the side like that, and it should probbly be posed.

the praise:
as you can see its very well done, sorta like the magikarp evo tree. something crappy turns into something super powerful ( except sunkern out moves magikarp any day lol )
the shading is great and well... thats about it ( i got to start puting in reasons why i like them ).

the rating ( duh duh duh... ) :
10/10

well thats my opinion. srry it took so long
Thank you Staraptor X. I've been meaning to switch out parmals colors for something a bit more fitting and unsaturated. I'll find the time eventually. I also agree with a few ideas of yours for solidot, perhaps I'll remake it.
Old March 15th, 2009 (11:45 AM). Edited March 15th, 2009 by ~GodricGryffindor9~.
WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!

your welcome! im thinking of becoming a sprite critic. i just watched the video and this looks like a game i would want to play without a shadow of a doubt! i like velgrus custom cry to, but the unknow pokemon has giratinas cry.

100 official post!! WOOTLY!
Old March 18th, 2009 (01:38 PM).
Birding Extraordinaire

Nature: Modest
I've been on board with this from the start, and i have to say, i am truly proud of where this is going. Granted, alot has changed since we first started, but alot of the core ideas are still here, and this is just...just...im still thinking of the word...

you get, i'm at a loss for words it's so good. I LUV it fmp...flood.

Call on me if you need some help on anything... i'm only a pm away...
Old March 26th, 2009 (02:59 PM).
WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!

Are you going to have a contest soon? I particully like the design contests the best.
Old March 26th, 2009 (03:24 PM).
Back To WORK!

Nature: Brave
yo Flood any new updates? It's been a while? I cant remember the last update....Anyway I really just wanna see what your scripting has gotten you.
Old March 26th, 2009 (03:52 PM).
Silver Tier

Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
your welcome! im thinking of becoming a sprite critic. i just watched the video and this looks like a game i would want to play without a shadow of a doubt! i like velgrus custom cry to, but the unknow pokemon has giratinas cry.

100 official post!! WOOTLY!
Thank you I'm glad you liked it although a bit of it will be subject to change in the demo. I'm working on velgrus's cry as well as the other fakemon, the mystery pokemons' cry is also almost finished I just have to find a tone that goes with the look of the fakemon. I appreciate your comment by the way thankyou

Congatulations on your 100th post by the way. Seems you're here to stay LOL.

Quote originally posted by gp_arts39:
I've been on board with this from the start, and i have to say, i am truly proud of where this is going. Granted, alot has changed since we first started, but alot of the core ideas are still here, and this is just...just...im still thinking of the word...

you get, i'm at a loss for words it's so good. I LUV it fmp...flood.

Call on me if you need some help on anything... i'm only a pm away...
Thank you very much for your sense of dedication to this project GP I'm glad you like where it's going

Are you going to have a contest soon? I particully like the design contests the best.
I actually do have 2 new contests to announce but one won't be until the demo release however but the other one will be in the next update after this one I'm currently planning.

Quote originally posted by PokemonOI:
yo Flood any new updates? It's been a while? I cant remember the last update....Anyway I really just wanna see what your scripting has gotten you.
I'm currently working on a battle system similar to pearl diamond and platinum as well as the new bag script and a few other scripts so the next update is a bit far off, but I promise the update won't dissapoint.

Next update: the next update will feature a new and much improved battle design, new tiles, fakemon, the reveal of the first gym battle as well as the first gym card, new events, characters, features and more.
Old March 26th, 2009 (05:38 PM).
Back To WORK!

All cool man I cant wait to see. Especially since your working on a system "LIKE" D/P. I cant wait to see what new creative twists of your own that you put on it.
Old March 28th, 2009 (01:17 PM).
Spastic Video Game Designer

Location: In mushroom kingdom, killing Mama Luigi! MUHAHAHAHA!!!!
i like the battle graphics. they're really unique.
Old March 28th, 2009 (07:02 PM).
Vampire Boy

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Äkumà~
Looks amazing any idea when the demo or game should be released??

jw?
Old March 29th, 2009 (09:34 AM).
Silver Tier

All cool man I cant wait to see. Especially since your working on a system "LIKE" D/P. I cant wait to see what new creative twists of your own that you put on it.
Thank you very much OI

Quote originally posted by cdrew:
i like the battle graphics. they're really unique.
Thank you I really appreciate it.

Quote originally posted by Rogueslay:
Looks amazing any idea when the demo or game should be released??

jw?
There's a probable demo June 12...I'll keep everyone posted in May to see if it's a strong possibility. Thank you by the way.
Old April 2nd, 2009 (01:56 PM).
One Truth Prevails

Nature: Relaxed
A bit of constructive criticism. The head on the evolution of Velgrus seems to big. I'm not sure if someone told you that yet but it sticks out to me.
Old April 2nd, 2009 (06:08 PM).
@atomicreactor
Crystal Tier

Nature: Rash
Wow, I can;t believe i havnt posted on here yet :O
Everything looks really good. I would suggest changing in battle text colors, it blends with the battle box to much. But you already know this.
Everything else looks real good. Keep up the good work :3
Old April 3rd, 2009 (12:19 PM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by baseballscooper:
A bit of constructive criticism. The head on the evolution of Velgrus seems to big. I'm not sure if someone told you that yet but it sticks out to me.
Really? Seems fine to me, but that may because I was the one who designed it, no matter It's having another pose change later on in the future. Thank you though.

Quote originally posted by Atomic Reactor:
Wow, I can;t believe i havnt posted on here yet :O
Everything looks really good. I would suggest changing in battle text colors, it blends with the battle box to much. But you already know this.
Everything else looks real good. Keep up the good work :3
Thank you AR and yes I entend to change the color of the text as well as quite a few other things. Thank you and I will.

Note: The next update is almost finished and may be up within the next two days or so.
Old April 3rd, 2009 (12:31 PM).
@atomicreactor
Crystal Tier

You mean the update for april 13th?
Old April 3rd, 2009 (12:33 PM).
Silver Tier

You mean the update for april 13th?
lol Yeah, sorry I should have stated that a bit more clearly. Yes The update I had planned for April 13th may be up much sooner than I expected.
Old April 3rd, 2009 (12:35 PM).
@atomicreactor
Crystal Tier

As much as anyone loves updates, I think you should post pone it till the said Date.
And just give like, one screen in the next couple days.
To build up our anticipation :P
Old April 3rd, 2009 (04:06 PM).
Back To WORK!

As much as anyone loves updates, I think you should post pone it till the said Date.
To build up our anticipation
I agree. lol a screen would be nice. This game is starting to look real good man.
Old April 3rd, 2009 (10:58 PM).
Silver Tier

To build up our anticipation
I agree. lol a screen would be nice. This game is starting to look real good man.
Alright well If that's the case, Here's an updated picture of what Carbon's been up to.

I'll give a cookie to the first person who can tell me who that guy with the white hair is. XD

Most of what I promised for the update is in the one picture...minus many new tiles, characters, and events...but It's just the general gist of what to expect...Comments on the new tiles would be appreciated.
Old April 4th, 2009 (03:42 AM).
WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!

Quote originally posted by <~Flood~>:
Alright well If that's the case, Here's an updated picture of what Carbon's been up to.

I'll give a cookie to the first person who can tell me who that guy with the white hair is. XD

Most of what I promised for the update is in the one picture...minus many new tiles, characters, and events...but It's just the general gist of what to expect...Comments on the new tiles would be appreciated.

is that a fakemon? youve piqued ( whatever that means XD ) my intrest. it is inevitable mr.Anderson i will come.... lol. ah well i think im going off to a good start but im going to have to add new sections in my reviews.

oh and the guy in the white hair... obviously a big part of the story... chuck norris? jk i have no idea who he is ( darn i really wanted that cookie )
Old April 4th, 2009 (05:43 AM).
Back To WORK!

I'm gonna say that its the rival?
Old April 4th, 2009 (05:52 AM).
Sergeant Serious
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
Isn't that the Professor Assistant?

Old April 4th, 2009 (08:34 PM).
Silver Tier

is that a fakemon? youve piqued ( whatever that means XD ) my intrest. it is inevitable mr.Anderson i will come.... lol. ah well i think im going off to a good start but im going to have to add new sections in my reviews.

oh and the guy in the white hair... obviously a big part of the story... chuck norris? jk i have no idea who he is ( darn i really wanted that cookie )
No not chuck Norris, but yes you're right he is a big part of the story.

I'm gonna say that its the rival?
You're closer.

Quote originally posted by BlazingLink:
Isn't that the Professor Assistant?
Bingo! Yes It's the Professors assistant, but OI was also correct. He's one of your rivals.

Thank you for guessing guys. I'd send you the cookie link, but I'm afraid it may go stale by the time it reaches your doorstep...So I'll send you an E-cookie later.

Here's yet another Teaser Screen.

Curious?
Old April 5th, 2009 (04:23 AM).
WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!

omg ! i feel corupted already! only 8 more days until the update right?
Old April 5th, 2009 (07:06 AM).
learning to script

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via AIM to Pika Storm
that shadowed pokemon looks familiar, is it perhaps the same pokemon that is in teh opening screen?.....

I don't know when you all will see it come out of the shadows, but you all will like it
i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links