Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: How is it so far?
Nice! 108 67.92%
Not bad 25 15.72%
Okay 13 8.18%
Needs work (Give me suggestions plz) 13 8.18%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 5th, 2009, 10:27 AM
<~F.M.P~>
I got you whistling Blue Box!

Nature: Mild
Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaraptorX View Post
omg ! i feel corupted already! only 8 more days until the update right?
lol I hope so, and yes you're correct 8 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika Storm View Post
that shadowed pokemon looks familiar, is it perhaps the same pokemon that is in teh opening screen?.....

I don't know when you all will see it come out of the shadows, but you all will like it
Possibly, but for better results lets compare the two side by side shall we?

Notice that ones a bit bigger in both width and Height...Corruption....Now why would I say something like that? Only time will tell
Old April 5th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Is there going to be like... Scientists trying to clone pokemon or something, then they come out with corrupted versions? I just read a comic book, and they tried doing that to spider man in it lol.
Old April 5th, 2009, 01:11 PM
<~F.M.P~>

Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Reactor View Post
Is there going to be like... Scientists trying to clone pokemon or something, then they come out with corrupted versions? I just read a comic book, and they tried doing that to spider man in it lol.
lol No, but That's actually quite a good guess. That story was already used by Mew and Mewtwo however...well sort of. This one will be completely different

*Mini Update*

I've finally made the Cripet Back pic...something seems of to me however.
Here it is.

Note: Somethings missing in the picture...but what?
Old April 5th, 2009, 02:06 PM
~GodricGryffindor9~
WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!

Nature: Adamant
guy playing game: what will cripet do?...hmm... hey wait a second!

lol

kk.anway ive just done a new format for my reviews. you shall be the second to witness it on april 13th.
Old April 5th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

the xxx/xxx
or the amount of HP thing?
Same thing
Old April 5th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Likewise
Bye.

Wow that's gonna be sweet!
Haha can't wait to see it~
Bye.
I'm sick of all the prepubecent n00bs running around.
It's like no one has anymore morals anymore.
Bye to all my friends, I'll still be talking to you on msn.
Old April 5th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Pika Storm
learning to script

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via AIM to Pika Storm
the only thing that I can think of that is missing in the picture is the icon of a pokeball that says it is wild and can be caught, unless it is a trainer's pokemon, then I think it is complete

And I have a theory about the coruption thing now, but I think that it might actually be what the story is based around, so I don't think I should say it
i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
Old April 5th, 2009, 02:48 PM
ryushin5
In College YAY! :3

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to ryushin5
The thing that's missing is the command box right?
*Coming soon*
Old April 6th, 2009, 12:13 PM
<~F.M.P~>

Quote:
guy playing game: what will cripet do?...hmm... hey wait a second!

lol

kk.anway ive just done a new format for my reviews. you shall be the second to witness it on april 13th.
Sounds good, I'm looking forward to it

Quote:
the xxx/xxx
or the amount of HP thing?
Same thing
LOL that's one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Phones View Post
Wow that's gonna be sweet!
Haha can't wait to see it~
Ha, thank you El.

Quote:
the only thing that I can think of that is missing in the picture is the icon of a pokeball that says it is wild and can be caught, unless it is a trainer's pokemon, then I think it is complete

And I have a theory about the coruption thing now, but I think that it might actually be what the story is based around, so I don't think I should say it
Feel free to say it. I'm actually anxious to hear your idea of the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryushin5 View Post
The thing that's missing is the command box right?
LOL and that's two!

Look forward to the new battle system next week. Next I guess I'll show about 5 new pokemon, shadows of course...that's the fun with guessing. You never know what it's gonna be!
Old April 6th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Pika Storm
learning to script

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via AIM to Pika Storm
ok, I think that the three shadowed legendary pokemon that are "the three beginings" control the flow of nature, and that some legendary pokemon help control nature, so when something happens to one of the three beginings, then nature gets messed up, and if a pokemon helps control the flow of nature, then they will get messed up too, making the pokemon that is slightly smaller messed up and turning it into the larger one
i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
Old April 7th, 2009, 11:49 AM
<~F.M.P~>

Quote:
ok, I think that the three shadowed legendary pokemon that are "the three beginings" control the flow of nature, and that some legendary pokemon help control nature, so when something happens to one of the three beginings, then nature gets messed up, and if a pokemon helps control the flow of nature, then they will get messed up too, making the pokemon that is slightly smaller messed up and turning it into the larger one
AH. that's a pretty good Idea, but no. You're right about the Three beginnings, but the fourth pokemon actually derives in a totally different way. Great Guess however, Thank you
Old April 7th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Disturbed
O.o

Your updates never cease to amaze me, Ty. The screens you took look absolutely brilliant. Also, I hope to see some screens with the tiles I made for you... and me xD

I'm always here to help
Old April 9th, 2009, 07:04 PM
<~F.M.P~>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
Your updates never cease to amaze me, Ty. The screens you took look absolutely brilliant. Also, I hope to see some screens with the tiles I made for you... and me xD

I'm always here to help
LOL thank you Jake and don't worry you'll see them sooner or later

*Guess what?*

Yep new fakemon have been made...and to be honest these are only 50% I've done over this day...there are still many more I need to show.

Look forward to these and maybe more this Monday.
Old April 10th, 2009, 11:58 AM
~GodricGryffindor9~
WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!

Nature: Adamant
woah. only heaven ( and you ) knows what those are. are these going to be on the april 13th update?
Old April 12th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Likewise
Bye.

Wow those, are a total mistery to me, I bet the palettes are gonna be amazing.
Bye.
I'm sick of all the prepubecent n00bs running around.
It's like no one has anymore morals anymore.
Bye to all my friends, I'll still be talking to you on msn.
Old April 12th, 2009, 08:27 AM
@World
Sparking Wild Bolt

Nature: Quirky
This game is simply amazing. I bet someone who doesn't know it , would think it's a real Nintendo game (I'll try if that one works on my best friend). Keep up the work.
This is a excelent game, it makes me feel like watching Diamond (my favorite, Platinum is booring) beind developed.
Greetings

Sig by Scarf
Old April 12th, 2009, 04:12 PM
<~F.M.P~>

Quote:
woah. only heaven ( and you ) knows what those are. are these going to be on the april 13th update?
lol April 12th Happy Easter by the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Phones View Post
Wow those, are a total mistery to me, I bet the palettes are gonna be amazing.
I think so too...Tiles also XD Happy Easter El.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @World View Post
This game is simply amazing. I bet someone who doesn't know it , would think it's a real Nintendo game (I'll try if that one works on my best friend). Keep up the work.
This is a excelent game, it makes me feel like watching Diamond (my favorite, Platinum is booring) beind developed.
Greetings
Thank you very much. It really encourages me to hear you say that. Happy Easter.

~UPDATE~

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

~Happy Easter Everyone~

Yes, Happy Easter Everyone I know I said I'd post the update monday, but I actually won't be in my house all day tomorrow so I've decided to post it today...I hope you all enjoy the update and find it as sweet as a plastic easter egg full of candy

I also owe a Really special thanks to .Phones (I call him El) and Ryushin5 (Ryu)
They really busted their butts to help me this update. Thank you guys.

~New, New...It's just new~

Explanation of Pics:
Pic 1: Yes I know...I've done and shown it a million times, but It's gonna keep happening. New Title screen look, same D/P effect.

Pic 2: Souped up The Starter selection screen! Yep the suitcase animation like in D/P/PL and now when you select your Pokemon It dissapears from the platform it's on, The hand pops up and you, well Get that Pokemon lol

~Let's Improve!~

Yep That's what the new Battle system will look like...This is a wild pokemon battle on route 01. The systems still a bit buggy, but I'm working out the problems. I'll show the other half, next update so you can see the new attack selection screen.

~Oh Great, New Pokemon~

Here are some more of the common and not so common pokemon You'll find in Carbon

Baydeel - Also found in the first few routes of the game. You'll find this one alongside Cripet, Parmal and a few others.

Corbloom - Corblooms have a 3 stage evoloution. They also change color according to the day...They're sort of like your watch lol. Does this palette seem odd to you by the way? We had a tough time deciding.

Cobblyx - Can you guess? Did you Guess? Is your guess Correct? Maybe, Cobblyx will be a prevo of Onix. Catch this little thing anywhere in rocky areas.

Eton - Eton can be found during the night. This pokemon also has a 3 stage evoloution, but as it grows, so do it's colors...What do I mean by that? Well you'll find out.

Laplit - Ah another prevo, this one however was made by my spriter GP_Arts, Thanks Gp. Laplit will be an uncommon pokemon but you'll be able to obtain one

Largoose - Hmmm...Yes Largoose...I'm still debating as to whether this pokemon will be an evoloution to Golduck or have it's own evoloution line. It's your choice everyone.
It's palette looks dirty so I'll be doing some clean up on it's color.

~Tiles, Huh?~

Well I thought it was about time Carbon stopped using Kyledoves tiles and Branch out to make it's own...Or at least not use all of his.

Explanation of Pics:
Pic 1: New Trees, New...well sort of new Grass, new palettes and Lamp Post?!
Pic 2: Just go with the flow. This is just a screen of the water flowing in the town.
Pic 3: Who knew a lamp post could look so beautiful in the dark. No I'm just kidding but yes another custom lampost and the nice little light effect.
Pic4: and last but not least, the ledges...They seem a bit odd to me. What do you think?

~Your first Gym.~

If you can remember, I showed everyone the new way the gyms would be layed out throughout the region and their custom tiles, but if you can't remember then here's the screenshots for the first gym.

Now what I want to show you this time is the first Gym leader.

Say hello to Gym leader Jazz!
Element: Grass
Personality: In touch with nature and Loves music.
Number Of Pokemon: Four

~What's a Gym Badge Card?~

What is it? Well It's this.

This will be the first badge you obtain after you beat Jazz...I've also included the video of what it looks like when you get it.

Spoiler:

~That's it for now~

Well sadly, that's all I've got to show you all for today...Until next update, but I did want to leave you all with something if your're making your own game and are including Kyledoves tiles.

This Is a Tileset I'll be working on for the next couple of weeks and I wanted to make it a public use for anyone who loves Kyledoves tiles as much as me. These tiles were both ripped and Kyledoved by me...No credit needed but It is appreciated.

Enjoy Your Easter Everyone and Expect the Next update to be just as big with an updated tileset for you all.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Old April 12th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

Wow!

Carbon is really looking great!
Good job!
Old April 12th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

Nature: Relaxed
Fair play to you providing a tileset in the update. I wasn't expecting to see that as I scrolled down.
The fakemon look cool- I like the first one Baydeel. Nice look and design to him.
Nice to see you also branching into more tiles other then just kyledoves. His tiles are great and I don't think you should stop using them, but keep doing what you've just done- by expanding on his with yours.
As for the battle commands- I don't like 'em. Instead of being above the text box, move the commands down and go over the textbox, then when you want to display pics, hide the images then recall them when commands are being used. I like looking at the backsprites of Pokémon in battle and I think, with fakemon my curiosity of seeing the back sprites would be increased- but how can I see the backsprite with a semi-transparent yellow block over it? lol.

Good update.

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old April 12th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

just one thing... The tall grass looks kinda weird, you may wanna chose a different pallete, it's to bright.
Other than that, everything looks awesome. Especially those tiles, I'll probably use em for my sequel.
I loved the badge animation. Seriously, keep up the great work. You're obviously putting a lot of work into this.
Old April 12th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

Hey i was thinking largoose could possibly be a female evolution of psyduck..?
Old April 12th, 2009, 05:01 PM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~
Nice update flood ;p. I liked most of your tiles (except the tall grass one, same reason as the post above). I'm curious to see what pokémon Jazz use.
Sig in maintenance!
Old April 12th, 2009, 05:30 PM
<~F.M.P~>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazers View Post
Wow!

Carbon is really looking great!
Good job!
lol Thank you very much Blazers, Happy Easter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Dragon View Post
Fair play to you providing a tileset in the update. I wasn't expecting to see that as I scrolled down.
The fakemon look cool- I like the first one Baydeel. Nice look and design to him.
Nice to see you also branching into more tiles other then just kyledoves. His tiles are great and I don't think you should stop using them, but keep doing what you've just done- by expanding on his with yours.
As for the battle commands- I don't like 'em. Instead of being above the text box, move the commands down and go over the textbox, then when you want to display pics, hide the images then recall them when commands are being used. I like looking at the backsprites of Pokémon in battle and I think, with fakemon my curiosity of seeing the back sprites would be increased- but how can I see the backsprite with a semi-transparent yellow block over it? lol.

Good update.
Thank you Neo.
lol and You make a great point...I made it that way so I wouldn't necessarily be mimicking other ppls games. I'll try it that way however. Happy Easter by the way

Quote:
just one thing... The tall grass looks kinda weird, you may wanna chose a different pallete, it's to bright.
Other than that, everything looks awesome. Especially those tiles, I'll probably use em for my sequel.
I loved the badge animation. Seriously, keep up the great work. You're obviously putting a lot of work into this.
Thank you very much A_R and I'm glad you like the tiles., Yeah El Did tell me to make a new grass tile...I'll get around to it soon though. HAPPY EASTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazers View Post
Hey i was thinking largoose could possibly be a female evolution of psyduck..?
That's a great Idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~JV~ View Post
Nice update flood ;p. I liked most of your tiles (except the tall grass one, same reason as the post above). I'm curious to see what pokémon Jazz use.
lol Thank you ~JV~ And yes I'll have it changed by next update lol. Gym leaders pokemon will stay a secret however, Happy EASTER!
Old April 12th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Oh, one more thing.
That lapras pre evo, just looks like a normal Lapras...
You may wanna make it look different.
Old April 12th, 2009, 06:53 PM
<~F.M.P~>

Quote:
Oh, one more thing.
That lapras pre evo, just looks like a normal Lapras...
You may wanna make it look different.
That's true...I'll experiment with new looks, Thanks A_R
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here