Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: How is it so far?
Nice! 108 67.92%
Not bad 25 15.72%
Okay 13 8.18%
Needs work (Give me suggestions plz) 13 8.18%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 3rd, 2008, 02:23 PM
<~F.M.P~>
I got you whistling Blue Box!

Nature: Mild
Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV12345 View Post
Cool, you added CSS =p, but plz, change the black to other color, its hurting my eyes =/. Also if you need any map or reshaded sprite just tell me, im here to help...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Gyrados View Post
for the screenshots put them under each other or even halve the size and then put them under each other
Thanxs for the offer JV12345! I'll gladly keep that in mind, also dont let me forget to add u to my credits for teaching me how to css

@RedGyarados Thats what I did, and also when I tried to make them smaller it messed the pics up

Note: I will be showing the remade sprite of one of the fakemon made, so look forward to it I will also be introducing another new legedary , and some new maps, and events!

Also I just typed this on my Wii T_T
Old November 4th, 2008, 04:54 AM
ryushin5
In College YAY! :3

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to ryushin5
Congratulations FMP you got moved to the game showcase. :D
*Coming soon*
Old November 4th, 2008, 02:16 PM
<~F.M.P~>

Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
Thank you Ryushin5...I'm pretty happy about it myself, hopefully I'll be able to get more feedback from everyone on the game. I should have an update up this weekend too.

Note: I will be showing the remade sprites of sone of the fakemon made, so look forward to it I will also be introducing another new legendary , and some new maps, events!, and features
EDIT: I also wanted to know how many people think I should change the name(because it's to original)? I have a few in mind and suggestions would be great, so If you post and think I should give the game a name change please do so.

Last edited by <~F.M.P~>; November 4th, 2008 at 02:29 PM.
Old November 4th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Likewise
Bye.

nice you got this in
i suggest you change the text box, the current one is atrocious, im going to start working on some battle graphics for you.
Bye.
I'm sick of all the prepubecent n00bs running around.
It's like no one has anymore morals anymore.
Bye to all my friends, I'll still be talking to you on msn.
Old November 4th, 2008, 04:13 PM
<~F.M.P~>

The text box huh? Okay I was gonna work on some new graphics this week any way ...and thanx Battle graphics would be nice, and I'll be sure to return the favor
Old November 4th, 2008, 05:25 PM
sonic smash down
strive for the best

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to sonic smash down
asome so your game got moved i think ill wait till we get those new things in before i move mine but watevs anyways great for ya dude and carbon is just fine
Gary was here,
Ash is a loser!
Old November 5th, 2008, 07:17 AM
PoKéMaKeR
Pokemon Rancher creator!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PoKéMaKeR
Good thing it's finally moved to the show case!!
I'm happy for you!!
Good luck on the game!

PoKéMaKeR
(Click for the thread)

Last update on the Rancher thread: February 26th 2009

Old November 5th, 2008, 07:01 PM
<~F.M.P~>

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic smash down View Post
asome so your game got moved i think ill wait till we get those new things in before i move mine but watevs anyways great for ya dude and carbon is just fine
Thanx SSD I'll be working on the little project this Friday, along with a new menu screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoKéMaKeR View Post
Good thing it's finally moved to the show case!!
I'm happy for you!!
Good luck on the game!

PoKéMaKeR
Thanx Pokemaker I hope yours goes well too.
Old November 8th, 2008, 08:24 PM
<~F.M.P~>

Gigantic update:

Okay whew...Where to start?...Oh I know! Well start with some pics of the new Battle graphics!

As you can see. The battle graphics have gone through major changes...The message box was made by me, and the Boxes were created by ~Element, and slightly edited by me (Thanx again ~Element)...Now for the sprites, no This isn't a recap of the last update. It's a new sprite I made of Dakhoothe (More detail about it later in the update)

Next Will be one of the new events made in the game:

Warning:VERY LOOONNNG PICTURE!
Spoiler:

I think the event was...well...sorta self explanatory so I won't go into detail about it, but If you read the last update and saw the last event...You could make a pretty good assumption as to what's going on with the purple light(that only the white haired man can see o_0)
Also If the pics are to small for you to read, or are hard on your Eyes, please tell me and I'll fix them.

Dakhoothe:

Okay so this next one is about the New Dakhoothe sprite which is in the spoiler below

Spoiler:

Okay the reasoning behind the before, and after thing, signifies two things
One:The sprite before It was redone
Two:How It looks made from scratch(you know with paper and pencil, oh and A scanner )
It also now has a custom cry which I think I'll put in the next update.

The grass starter:

Now I'm sure your wondering why I would put "The grass starter" as an update...well It's just like the Dakhoothe sprite...Just grassier, take a look and see what I mean

Spoiler:

Okay so this will be the final Sprites I make of Velgrus, Veloras, and Velaseptor, which also happen to be the grass starter in your adventure...please tell me what you think about them.

Announcements:

Man okay...I'm glad that's all outta the way...Now for some new features I want in the game

I'm getting sick of seeing the same looking trainer sprites(even though there custom made) every time I battle...so I wanted to turn this game around a little and make it a little more User friendly...Or face friendly...so I've created a new feature called the PC(Pokecommunity)Feature, where Anyone and everyone that wants to be part of the game, can make a custom Trainer and Overworld sprite(s) of themself and send it to me Via PM and I'll put it in the game...There are rules however

One: You must make the sprite on your own...No stealing other peoples sprites Or OW's
two: You can ASK someone to make them for you but you must tell me so, and give credit to that person.

And those are the only rules.

Next I wanted to talk about positions...I'm really looking for more Spriters to help the current team with fakemon seeing as how we only have 79/150 made, so If you can make scratch sprites Please PLEASE tell me...I am also looking for someone(s) who is good with making back pics...this is really needed right about now so If you can do that please let me know...

Bonus Round:

Now it's time for the bonus round where I show or talk about a little something extra
In this bonus round, you get to see A new legendary I scratched and pixelated...well part of it anyway

Spoiler:

Now as you saw...It was all black, and scary looking, but the only reason for that is because I can't think of a good palette for it, so If you want to see it first hand, and Have a good Idea of a palette for it, or can color it in and make it look nice...Please VM, or PM me.

Thats all everyone. HOPE YOU ENJOYED!
Old November 8th, 2008, 08:28 PM
ryushin5
In College YAY! :3

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to ryushin5
I love the update FMP it's pretty big i like the new sprites also and i like the PC feature too great job man. :D
*Coming soon*
Old November 8th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Likewise
Bye.

wow you have made my boxes proud xD
i see you copied my message box xD its k i love it :D
you're game has greatly improved just DO NOT make the screens so small
sign me up as a perminent member of the team :D
Bye.
I'm sick of all the prepubecent n00bs running around.
It's like no one has anymore morals anymore.
Bye to all my friends, I'll still be talking to you on msn.
Old November 8th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Sandro™
Retired!

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sandro™
Wow. That's a nice update you have there! =D
And the sprites you have now is better than the first one. and look cooler
I didn't quite understand the even in the screenies but it looks very interesting.
The Darkhoothe Sprite has a way better view than the first one.
This is a cool update. and i know the game is gonna be really great too :D
Best of Luck!

~Sandro
Old November 8th, 2008, 08:36 PM
ForeverRed
teeheeee

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ForeverRed
wow nice update fmp
but the screens are tiny
also love the new sprites
Still Red Gyrados

Pokémon Ammolite

Might return, don't take my word on it.

DeviantArt
Old November 8th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Curt200718
Intermediate Game Developer

Your game is looking great ! the new Dakhoothe sprite looks a whole of a lot better than the old one.....keep up the fantastic work !
Old November 8th, 2008, 08:42 PM
<~F.M.P~>

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryushin5 View Post
I love the update FMP it's pretty big i like the new sprites also and i like the PC feature too great job man. :D
Thanx alot Ryushin....I will have a better update next week...hopefully Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~element View Post
wow you have made my boxes proud xD
i see you copied my message box xD its k i love it :D
you're game has greatly improved just DO NOT make the screens so small
sign me up as a perminent member of the team :D
What can I say ~Element, you make some pretty sweet looking Graphics...half of this update Is thanx to you dude!, and yeah I know about the screens I'll enlarge them all later so everyone can see lol!, and Yea you being part of the team makes me feel even happier dude thanx!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandro View Post
Wow. That's a nice update you have there! =D
And the sprites you have now is better than the first one. and look cooler
I didn't quite understand the even in the screenies but it looks very interesting.
The Darkhoothe Sprite has a way better view than the first one.
This is a cool update. and i know the game is gonna be really great too :D
Best of Luck!

~Sandro
Thanx so much Sandro I'm glad you approve I hope your game is going well to by the way(I'll have to go check)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Gyrados View Post
wow nice update fmp
but the screens are tiny
also love the new sprites
I know I'll start posting them 4 at a time so everyone can see them, sorry lol! and thanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt200718 View Post
Your game is looking great ! the new Dakhoothe sprite looks a whole of a lot better than the old one.....keep up the fantastic work !
Thank you! We'll do our best each update

Okay here are the new pics...They should be easier to see now.
Spoiler:

For anyone who didn't see the update. It's on post 59...Please look at that also, and tell me what you think

Last edited by <~F.M.P~>; November 8th, 2008 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 9th, 2008, 12:55 PM
WhiteMarker
Unemployed-Will Work For Food

Hey! I just figured I'd drop by and note how pro this game looks! I don't know quite how to compare it to anything else, but I'm impressed just by lookin' at it!

In other news, as I've said, I'll totally remix and/or write some music for the game! You don't appear to have many folks workin' on that portion of the project, so I figured I'd throw that out there on your thread. Um... As far as the application's concerned, I'll PM you if you really need any info. All I really need to know is what program you want me to use to write the MIDI files or whatever you plan on using. Naturally, I'll be writing everything on PowerTab first, but unless you want everything to sound completely different from other games, I wouldn't recommend exporting the MIDI from that.

That's pretty much all I have to say. Once again, good work thus far!
Old November 9th, 2008, 01:12 PM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~
Nice update FMP, and i want to color this legendary guy for you =p (send me a PM)
Sig in maintenance!
Old November 9th, 2008, 03:49 PM
<~F.M.P~>

Quote:
Originally Posted by JV12345 View Post
Nice update FMP, and i want to color this legendary guy for you =p (send me a PM)
Of course you can JV...I'll Pm you the outline right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMarker View Post
Hey! I just figured I'd drop by and note how pro this game looks! I don't know quite how to compare it to anything else, but I'm impressed just by lookin' at it!

In other news, as I've said, I'll totally remix and/or write some music for the game! You don't appear to have many folks workin' on that portion of the project, so I figured I'd throw that out there on your thread. Um... As far as the application's concerned, I'll PM you if you really need any info. All I really need to know is what program you want me to use to write the MIDI files or whatever you plan on using. Naturally, I'll be writing everything on PowerTab first, but unless you want everything to sound completely different from other games, I wouldn't recommend exporting the MIDI from that.

That's pretty much all I have to say. Once again, good work thus far!
Ha ha ha alright I'll try to figure out what you need in order to make custom music!
Old November 9th, 2008, 04:06 PM
O.G. Duke
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to O.G. Duke
Personally, I think the screenshot's map are too plaine. And the charset of the Proffesor is weird. I mean the hair. There is no outline, looks strange.

Other than that, the game look nice. I'm looking forward to see the shadow of the legendary pokemon being unveiled.
This signature has been disabled.
Signature too tall
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 9th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Crosell
Advanced Trainer

I like the story and all, nice screens too good job.
But I dont really like the fakemon.
They look not like real pokemon, I've seen like 3 fakemon in the screens, so I dont be harsh on them.
Maybe the others are better.
Good luck though!

Edit: if you want I can do the legendary for you, but if you had someone else to do it nevermind then..

I'll make a man out of you!
Old November 9th, 2008, 05:24 PM
<~F.M.P~>

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaGroudon View Post
Personally, I think the screenshot's map are too plaine. And the charset of the Proffesor is weird. I mean the hair. There is no outline, looks strange.

Other than that, the game look nice. I'm looking forward to see the shadow of the legendary pokemon being unveiled.
Thanx Omega, and someones working on coloring in the legendary right now so It'll be in the next update, and the maps are supposed to look that way...They get better down the road ...I'll be sure to fix the hair on the OW thanx for looking out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosell View Post
I like the story and all, nice screens too good job.
But I dont really like the fakemon.
They look not like real pokemon, I've seen like 3 fakemon in the screens, so I dont be harsh on them.
Maybe the others are better.
Good luck though!

Edit: if you want I can do the legendary for you, but if you had someone else to do it nevermind then..
Thank you, and I don't really think thier's a basis as to how to make fakemon look like real pokemon unless there actually made by nintendo lol ...all I can say is did you check out post #59? It has more fakemon in it, and You can take a shot at the legendary if you feel like it.
Old November 9th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Crosell
Advanced Trainer

Okay I will give it a try, I'm kinda bored now so.
I'll Pm you about it.
And about the sprites again in post 59.
there better, but just a tip, make there atonamy abit more realm some parts look strange like the feet.
Just a tip, making fakemon for a game is difficult.

Old November 9th, 2008, 06:51 PM
GFA
Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Community Supporter

Jesse's in-battle sprite looks horrible ...
Old November 9th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Crosell
Advanced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconBoy914 View Post
And you could atleast tell him why it looks horrible.
Post's like that are not needed unless you give you good explanation about the sprite.
Only thing you do now is express your opinion...

Old November 9th, 2008, 07:13 PM
<~F.M.P~>

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconBoy914 View Post
Yes would you please explain why Baconboy? I can't improve it unless I'm told whats wrong. :/.

Updated first post by the way
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links