The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 27th, 2003, 05:15 PM
ash_misty4ever
We should be lovers....

Send a message via AIM to ash_misty4ever Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ash_misty4ever
u know the ones after misty leaves? like withmisty at the gym. Tracy is in them and so on

is kidswb gonna play them?
I'm really sorry I haven't been on much. All I can say is that my reality life has caught up with me. I'm not the Pokemon Fan I used to be. I really hate to give all of this up after so long, but I can't quite help it. If I'm not online as much as I used to so very long ago, just remember it's my real life holding me back. BUT, when I become famous, I'll totally be sure to mention everyone of you in my acceptance speeches! Just remember the name EMILY MAYNARD!
Old October 27th, 2003, 06:20 PM
Timbjerr
Hero of the Blue Flame
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I somehow doubt it...but it will be cool to see them...

Maybe they can play them as regular episodes beause they do feature main characters, just not Ash..isn't that why they refused to play previous specials?

PokéCommunity Veteran Timbjerr

"We're not perfect. Sometimes our brains tell us one thing, while our emotions tell us another. And war... The more we try to avoid it, the worse it is when it comes to us."
Old October 27th, 2003, 06:35 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Nature: Calm
i don't know any news of them putting on Pokemon Broadcast Station... looking at the schedule on serebii.net, it doesn't seem to look good for Pokemon Broadcast Station being shown in english... plus brock's episode will creat a gigantic contradiction with the previous dubbed episode (where his mother "dies" not "leaves"). I really doubt it...
Old October 27th, 2003, 08:04 PM
Hazuki-san
Doesn't exist

They should air the specials. At least the one that features Brock. Or else nobody would know what happened to his Onix and Geodude and Crobat
Old October 27th, 2003, 10:34 PM
Blue Hiker
Beginning Trainer

I don't think the specials will be shown. That said, Darren Dunstan (voice director) has said that they will likely be dubbed and go to DVD...
Your support is greatly appreciated! Petition closes in December.
(Please don't sign with other requests such as international releases.)
Old October 27th, 2003, 11:00 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
And not VHS?

And yeah, i'd like to see Pokmon Hoso showing on DVD or something...

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old October 28th, 2003, 12:58 PM
ash_misty4ever
We should be lovers....

Send a message via AIM to ash_misty4ever Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ash_misty4ever
well thats quite unfortunate....... hmmm i hope they come out on dvd in japan so I could buy it then watch it with the subtiles.
brocks mom dies!!!!!??????
I'm really sorry I haven't been on much. All I can say is that my reality life has caught up with me. I'm not the Pokemon Fan I used to be. I really hate to give all of this up after so long, but I can't quite help it. If I'm not online as much as I used to so very long ago, just remember it's my real life holding me back. BUT, when I become famous, I'll totally be sure to mention everyone of you in my acceptance speeches! Just remember the name EMILY MAYNARD!
Old October 28th, 2003, 02:41 PM
Sayuri no Hoshi
♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_misty4ever
well thats quite unfortunate....... hmmm i hope they come out on dvd in japan so I could buy it then watch it with the subtiles.
brocks mom dies!!!!!??????

Well, Brock's Mom "died" in the English dub because Flint mentioned to Ash that she passed away. However, in the original, Flint said she left because something along the lines of she couldn't handle taking care of all these children and was stressed. Flint actually has a girlfriend in the Brock special and Brock isn't too particularly fond of her at first! ; She kind of resembles Sally Field...

|| be careful what you wish for 'cause you just might get it ||

| c h r y s t i e | partners in crime | k a y l e i g h |
Old October 28th, 2003, 02:59 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Nature: Calm
and for that "leaving" reason, they believe that it's too sad for kids to handle a family separate. So let's just say she pass away to keep the optimistic theme within Pokemon... x_x;;
Old October 28th, 2003, 07:10 PM
Timbjerr
Hero of the Blue Flame
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
They can easily say that the woman in the Brock special is Flint's new girlfriend or something...besides she don't have the squinty eyes that all of Brock's family has, so she cannot pass as his mom anyways...

PokéCommunity Veteran Timbjerr

"We're not perfect. Sometimes our brains tell us one thing, while our emotions tell us another. And war... The more we try to avoid it, the worse it is when it comes to us."
Old October 30th, 2003, 03:35 PM
mewthree w/armor
The Stig - PC Site Admin

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via AIM to mewthree w/armor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mewthree w/armor
I'd be happy if all of them come out on one or two DVD's.
Old October 31st, 2003, 12:26 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
Distribution should be something like 3 episodes on a DVD, plus 3 Pokmon Advanced episodes.
Or even better... 3 Pokmon episodes on one DVD, 1 Hoso episode extra. That would fit in with Brock's leaving, which is the first HOSO episode...

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old November 1st, 2003, 02:39 AM
Blue Hiker
Beginning Trainer

I like Vito Winstrate's idea. From what I understand, Pokmon DVDs don't sell too well right now. People aren't going to fork out money for three episodes of something they can already see for free every Saturday morning!

If I was in charge of the DVD production, I'd do this: Put four Pokmon Advanced episodes and two Housou specials on a DVD, release one every month, and voila! Instant $$$ for all involved. Of course, I'm not in charge, and the people who are in charge don't seem to have much of a clue, so something like this won't happen.

Anyway, who knows when the Pokmon Advanced DVDs will be out, if ever. They've fallen so shockingly behind. Taking more than a year to release about half a year's worth of episodes won't exactly keep you in sync, guys.
Your support is greatly appreciated! Petition closes in December.
(Please don't sign with other requests such as international releases.)
Old November 1st, 2003, 08:28 AM
Q Man
Erm...

Send a message via ICQ to Q Man Send a message via AIM to Q Man Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Q Man
I just want the specials dubbed. Doesn't matter how they'll be coming out, as I'm sure that they'll find thier way to #free_pokemon, and I'm gonna get them there

I have returned!
From a rather long hiatus, might I add... *looks around*
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links